City Hostel Seattle Reviews

2327 2nd ave., Seattle, Seattle, USA

consider personal bed lights… the room (especially for bottom bunks) was quite dark. also central heating gets too hot at night and is a waste of energy.

I can't say enough good things about this hostel and the people who work there. I had an awesome experience and they were nothing but lovely. The rooms are cleaned each day and the bed was comfy. One of the best hostels I have stayed in. It's location is convenient to all attractions so it's an easy walk to anything touristy. Really enjoyed my stay

• 6th Dec 2014

Great staff, although they should know more than just one type of going out fun or recommendations. Wonderful location, very friendly staff, decent breakfast and rather clean. It would be nice if they would put shelves or chairs in the shower room to assist with clothes not getting wet.

well placed in Belltown (near downtown) near a lot of bars and cafes. great staff and facilities.

Absolutely loved the City Hostel! It's a great location - only minutes of walking from the Space Needle and lots of other attractions. The staff are all super helpful and chill, making the travelers feel very welcomed and cared for. Loved the interior design of the hostel too - very home-like and cozy. And how awesome it is that the hostel provides breakfast and the Thanksgiving dinner!!! Everything is just so perfect

It's possible I was there at a bad time of year, but as a young lone traveller I am constantly looking to meet people. There was nearly a complete lack of a social atmosphere in this hostel. I ended up changing half way through for another hostel where I had a lot more fun. The hostel is clean and safe, but be aware that you cannot get a refund once you have booked.

I wish I could give more than 5 stars for staff, they were amazing! Honestly there's nothing wrong with this place: great location, great people, clean rooms and bathrooms, spacious. I only had one minor issue: the dorms have a very distinct lack of flat surfaces (e.g. "a table") which means there was nowhere to put your stuff except for a small locker and the floor. The power outlets could've been placed better too. See, if it's this kind of stuff I have to mention, the place has to be awesome.

Great hostel with friendly staff. Only negative was that they didn't have any activities planned for guests. Not sure if it was just for the time we were there. From what I saw it didn't look like they had much going on for hostel guests.

Loved it, really awesome theater downstairs was a great surprise, great location, the lockers were a bit skinny so it was hard to cram my bag into it without making a lot of noise, overall a great pick though!

Pros: Rooms have murals on the walls by different artists. Each bedroom gets a sink. Great kitchen. Con: No curtains/lights for individual bunks (Green Tortoise has these) Side note: Water pressure is very strong in the showers. I would look for a large stall.

• 22nd Nov 2014

There was a really cool and calm atmosphere at city Hostel Seattle. The Staff was super friendly and helpful. The art work around the hostel really made it a hip and trendy place to stay. Bathrooms, kitchen, rooms were clean with the exception of the carpet in the room I stayed in. I think it probably need to be steamed wash because it did have a light wet or fungus smell. But then again it always rains in Seattle so maybe It supposed to smell that way? Id stay again on my next trip !

• 21st Nov 2014

It was amazing. Everything was beautifully decorated. Each room is unique as each of them was painted by a different local painter. There even was a fireplace in the kitchen!

• 21st Nov 2014

Location was fantastic and the private room was clean and spacious. Asking both my girlfriend and I to produce our room keys every time we went out, instead of just one of us, was a pain and made us feel like the staff did nor recognize us at all and therefore did not really care about us staying there.

The bathrooms here were some of the cleanest I've seen! I'm glad that there were multiple facilities per floor and that the shower head was strong and powerful. The staff was very helpful with giving directions to various places as requested. Belltown is a great neighbourhood - walkable to downtown, the market, and the train station. Basic breakfast provided, the joy is meeting new people in the morning - this may be intentional with limited seating. The bunk beds were soft, yet comfortable.

• 9th Nov 2014

A Rather discreet frontage; it took 3 attempts to locate it. I had a private room for 2 nights. I had to pay for towels? That were a little gray from over washing?? . some of the staff are welcoming and friendly other The bed was comfy but the linen was not. Thinning, old, scratchy sheets, yellowing pillow slips and a tissue thin duvet. It was a COLD room especially overnight when the temps were down at minus 2. The one plus in this place would be the powerful shower with abundant hot water

인종차별주의자가 있어서 기분이 안좋았어요. 저희가 영어를 못알아먹는줄 알고 막 떠들더라구요.

This was a perfect place to stay!

• 4th Nov 2014

I checked in very late and basically went straight to bed, the bunk was fine, the room was tidy, loud room mates but its a hostel, nothing more you can do. I left before Breakfast was served so didn't get a chance to eat. great location, walking distance to subway to Airport, nice Japanese Themed Bar / Eats two doors down.

The staff was friendly and enthusiastic, and the rooms were funky in the best possible way. The basement theatre was cool, and having guitars available to play was awesome. Wish we had stayed longer.

• 25th Oct 2014

I had a GREAT time here and would definitely stay again!

• 24th Oct 2014