City Hostel Seattle Reviews

2327 2nd ave., Seattle, Seattle, USA

Only stayed one night so I didn't get to use all the facilities but what I used was fine. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 18th Oct 2014

Amazing staff, location, & clean! :) Fun art-sy rooms too! Downside, only 1 shared shower for each floor/hallway. Had to wait a bit if you wanted a shower. But other than that it was great....location was right in between Pike Place & the Space Needle. Looking forward to going back & staying there soon!

I stayed at this hostel on the way up to Canada for a Geological conference and it was awesome. The staff are super friendly. I would recommend this hostel to anyone in the Seattle area. Will definitely come back again soon!

• 16th Oct 2014

The hostel staff was fantastic. M n i went to the emergency room due to acute gastroenteritis, and the staff was amazing. They deep cleaned my room, waived my lost key fee, and sought to make my time there full of healing. Someone on staff offered to bring me water, and returned with a lunch that was easy on my stomach, served in bed. Would recommend.

• 13th Oct 2014

Very secure, sometimes frustratingly so. Great value for the location, close to downtown and lots of bars and restaurants near by. WiFi was weak in our room but was perfect once stepping out of the door

The people who work at city hostel are phenomenal! The rooms themselves could use an update. The lockers were not really working and the art work looked more like dirt in our room. Other than that, very secure place and the space needle was just a couple blocks away.

• 11th Oct 2014

My 4 bed dormroom was in bad condition, Blankets are not covered in general and not changed after a guest checked out!!!! (I saw it more than six times during my five night stay) Storages are very! small. Just for a daypack.

Good location near the centre and Pike Place Market. Staff is great but wifi only really works in the common areas. On second floor it was dodgy to non-existing. Breakfast could do with a couple more options and maybe some juice.

Very convenient location near to the Seattle Center. Secure entrance, either with key card or from staff. on site cinema.

LOVED the uniquely painted rooms, the large kitchen, and the fantastic location.

• 9th Oct 2014

great hostel, great stay..the only improvement would be the showers. The water pressure was too much and often painful!

The staff keeps the place clean & tidy. Thats awesome, no doubt about that. But sometimes its kind of annoying if they're cleaning the place 10 times a day. The room (6bed dorm) was big enough to store all our belongings. 4 lockers in a 6 bed dorm are a bit spare though. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rules of the hostel are quite strict we guess. We weren´t even allowed to hang up a sheet of paper to try to sell something. However, we would recommend the hostel to everyone!

City Hostel is in a fantastic location. They have a policy that you can't use your own bedding which is absolutely fine with me but I was pretty annoyed when they made me take my sleeping bag out of my rucksack (of course it was at the bottom), then they put it in a plastic bag and gave it back to me. As if carrying 50 pounds of luggage up two flights of stairs wasn't enough they just gave me something else to carry. Not impressed but a good hostel all the same.

Great breakfast, very helpful stuff, and great location! ;) Don't miss it!

Great staff and atmosphere.

• 30th Sep 2014

Great location in Belltown, clean and neat but no opportunity provided for social activities to meet other travellers. It was fine for what we needed, but I certainly wouldn't rave about our experience here.

• 29th Sep 2014

The bunk beds were very squeaky so every time someone on the top bunk rolled over it was known to all. Also, better cereal, like Cheerios or oatmeal, would be appreciated.

This place is great! It was my first time staying at a hostel and I couldn't have been more lucky. Everything is clean and very safe. The staff is AWESOME (I emphasize this because they were mostly responsible for my wonderful experience). It's really close to everything and they give you food. What more could you ask for?

Great hostel, very friendly atmosphere, good location in the heart of Seattle!

• 24th Sep 2014

City Hostel Seattle is the best hostel I have been in my 30 years of travelling. Clean, polite and friendly staff and safe.

• 23rd Sep 2014