City Hostel Seattle Reviews

2327 2nd ave., Seattle, Seattle, USA

The hostel has a great atmosphere, making it ideal for lone travellers as it is very easy meet people. The location is perfect. The bathroom facilities are great- they are very clean and they offer a great deal of privacy. The breakfasts are a bit boring but as they're free you can't really complain.

I understand that for this kind of business having AC in the rooms become not very cost-effective, but Seatlle was really hot this Summer and we couldn't sleep well. I think it would have helped a second fan for a room of 4 beds. The fan didn't rotate so it was impossible to have it in a position that will give air to everyone. Please add a second fan to 4-beds room. Thanks.

• 2nd Jul 2015

I had a bad first impression - the staff was overwhelmed trying to check in a lot of arrivals and the lobby was cluttered with luggage. The rest of the time it was serene - and I was able to appreciate how well-maintained and well-run the hostel is. And a great value - for just a little more money, a private bathroom - what a luxury not to have to grab the room key to make a nocturnal bathroom run. The walls of the room I had were painted in a jarring manner but it was supporting local talent

Was there for 3 nights, excellent atmosphere, people and well located in downtown Seattle within walking distance of all the attractions.

We all got very hot in our room overnight... One fan was definitely not enough! Other then that the hostel was great! Very nice clean bathrooms and plenty of them! The staff were very welcoming and accommodating as well.

• 29th Jun 2015

loved the place and the staff were fantastic!!

The high temperature in Seattle was 85-90 degrees, 15 degrees warmer than average. No air conditioning. The rooms were like ovens. Thankfully there was a Target department store within walking distance where I could buy aluminum foil to tape to the windows and extra fans for my bed. The hostel also provided an extra fan upon request. I did ask if I could purchase a small $130 air conditioning unit for my room since I was there for 4 nights, but they said no. I offered to pay for it.

• 25th Jun 2015

Great place to stay. The staff were exceptional.

• Couple, 41+

This is my first time to stay in hostel for solo travel, it's really a great time and good experience at City Hostel Seattle. I made few friends there and got some tips from their nice staff and these friends from all over the world. I should continue to stay in hostel while traveling in the future , it is really good experience to open your mind toward the world.

• Taiwan

Great hostel. I would stay there again.

Stayed at the 4 bed en suite bathroom room. Spacious, clean, and very convenient. Walked everywhere from the hostel!! Morning breakfast was decent, staff was friendly, and facilities were clean and nice :)

There were two seniors in my group and two teenagers. We all loved the place. The staff was friendly and helpful and the location was central for walking almost everywhere. Everyone in our group was very pleased. I will certainly recommend this place to friends and return myself.

Friendly staff, clean bathrooms and showers.

• 23rd Jun 2015

It was a great hostel. Amazing location and very secure. No air conditioning in the rooms so it was very hard to sleep.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Fantastic location in Belltown very close to plenty of cool bars and restaurants. Space needle, Pike Place Market and other major attractions are all within short walking distance. There were plenty of nice seating areas within the hostel including a main level, basement with cinema and tv rooms and then an outdoor patio. Rooms were clean, but bunk beds are fairly old and reasonably comfortable. Few outlets and spotty wifi in room and no reading lamps. Only 4 lockers for 6 person room.

• 21st Jun 2015

Great place to stay.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Great place, great location, good breakfast, poor wifi.

City Hostel Seattle has a great location in downtown Seattle, and there are many options of restaurants, things to do, and bus stops close to it. The breakfast offered every morning is also very good. The bedroom and main door is opened only with a personal keycard, and in addition there are lockers in the bedrooms. It is really safe. Everything is clean, and I met people cleaning bathrooms, hallways, and so on, many times during my stay. I strongly recommend City Hostel Seattle!

• 19th Jun 2015

This was one of the best hostels either of us have ever stayed in - we got a very friendly reception at our 1AM arrival, stayed in a beautiful room, and enjoyed a fantastic tour of Seattle in the morning. Will definitely recommend this hostel!

• 18th Jun 2015

Awesome hostel to stay at with nice location, nice staff n nice ppl.