City Hostel Seattle Reviews

2327 2nd ave., Seattle, Seattle, Washington, USA

You guys were the best!!!!!!!!!!!

A great hostel in a great neighborhood! Having the hostel as a starting position you can walk pretty much everywhere in Seattle. The rooms are clean and have a funny design. Beds could be more comfortable and the sink in the room could be bigger but that’s just minor things. Every floor has its own kitchen and many public restrooms. The facilities are great too. Breakfast is included and actually enough for everyone from beginning to end. The staff was also pretty nice and helpful, with good res

There is not much more I can say, THE BEST hostel I have ever stayed in. The facilities were top notch and the staff were simply just really awesome people.

The hostel was really nice and in the perfect location to explore Seattle. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The kitchen is fully equipped and can be used easily. The bathrooms are pretty clean and there are enough so that you never had to wait. The only problem we had during our stay was that our room smelled a little weird, but after we complained to the reception they gave us a new room, so everything was fine in the end.

Perfect!!!

• 8th Jan 2014
  • vivianebonfim

Warm and welcoming hostel with an awesome artsy, funky vibe. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful! The room and bathrooms were clean, really nice kitchens, and I loved the artwork/murals throughout the rooms. Also, the free breakfast in the mornings was clutch -- complete with delicious coffee! Nice mix too of families and other twenty-somethings. A really relaxed and comfortable setting. Thanks for making our time in Seattle great!

Fantastic customer service. The staff were very welcoming, especially when I arrived late (8PM). They were very helpful even though I only stayed for one night.

I love this place. I stayed here the last 2 years on my birthday and that staff was amazing and helpful, the place is clean and secure. my only complaint is that it is waaaaaay too hot in there, no matter what room I end up sleeping in it is hot. I will continue to come back though!

• 29th Dec 2013

a good hostel

It would be better if the TV was off at breakfast; allowing Hostellers the opportunity to talk among themselves. The TV does not seem condusive to an "art" hostel atmosphere. The room was very hot and could have been a bit cleaner. Bed bug mattress protectors would add to a feeling of cleanliness.

This is a four+ star hostel! The rooms are amazingly painted by artists. It is very close to the Space needle and downtown area and the river side!

Nice breakfast!

Very helpful front desk. We stayed just one night, passing through - the airline lost one of our cases but staff at the hostal were available to take delivery when it arrived the next morning - at 5.00 am. Thanks for that!

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Couple, 41+

the hostel was great.

This really was just a bed for us- we didn't even partake in the free breakfast! Location is great, pub next door, restaurants and bars and a Starbucks all within view of the front door. The room was a bit different- tiny basin, nowhere to put toiletries and the same in the bathroom. I fancied a bath, but no plug!! We had the ensuite room and for the same price we got a hotel room in Queen Anne for the second leg in Seattle. The staff were helpful and friendly- very approachable.

Great location in downtown seattle, clean and warm(!) rooms, really nice staff, Breakfast included, 24h front desk etc. Would definitely come back! Thank you!

• 23rd Nov 2013

Good hostel. Good value. Lots of solo travelers to interact with and staff was helpful and friendly. Lacking a good communal space to meet with people. Otherwise, great location and surprisingly comfy beds.

Had a great weekend there. I twasnt the first time I have been there. Very friendly staff, great downtown location with plenty of local bars and tourist attractions within walking distance. Need to sort something out for people with a vehicle though. Met Benny, the young German lad bunking in our dorm. Took him out to the Seahawks game on the Sunday and we had a blast! Overall, great hostel and would recommend it to anyone visiting Seattle. Oh, I forgot to hand back my key pass :( Sorry!

There was a distinct lack of atmosphere. Rooms were basic but clean. Staff helpful and friendly.

Friendly staff, nice breakfast, overall clean and comfy mattresses, but unfortunately only wi-fi up to the second floor, which is in these areas quite fast and stable. So no wi-fi in my room on the third.