City Hostel Seattle Reviews

2327 2nd ave., Seattle, Seattle, USA

Great staff that were able to make me feel at home!

• 11th Jun 2015

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay. The staff were all terrific (friendly, helpful, patient) and the breakfast included fresh fruit, hot coffee, cereal and toast with a few spread options.Their kitchen and dining area were really nice, too. There were plenty of bathrooms and showers so no waiting in line. Overall it was a nice place to stay and a pretty good value.

• 11th Jun 2015

Very well put together, pretty high quality compared to other hostels in the US. Would have loved if they had individual outlets and lights in each bunk like some other hostels do, but the availability of outlets wasn't too bad.

In comparison to other hostel where I have been in the last couple of years this one is quite outdated. Especially in summer it gets really hot in the rooms and the only option is a noisy fan. I bet the smaller the rooms the better.

This is probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in to date. I learn a little something each time I stay in one, and I learned with this one how an ideal bathroom situation should go. Sinks and personal stuff in the rooms, while showers and toilets are in their own rooms, separate from even each other. I didn't have to feel afraid to hurry when I showered or used the bathroom. Really good set up!

Loved our stay

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The staff made my time 100% better, they were all so friendly and helpful with suggestions for me. I thank them.

• 5th Jun 2015

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed worldwide

The pillow on the bed was stained with years of use. And the lockers in the room were tall, but skinny, making storing even a day-pack a challenge. And when I couldn't book all three nights I wanted in the cheapest room, I decided to try at checkin. I had to wait until the manager arrived at 8AM. The manager got there, said there were computer problems. I waited half an hour, then he said the only thing available was a private for $85. No sense of concern. I spent my last night elsewhere.

This is an excellent hostel to stay at. Close to attractions and in a great neighborhood. The only drawback is that the night life can get very loud on the street that it's on, so earplugs are a must!

• 4th Jun 2015

Thank you staff for making staying in Seattle such an amazing experience. I loved the hotel, the guided visit on Wednesday morning was a highlight, and the atmosphere and vibe at the hostel was just wonderful, I met amazing people, had great conversation. Sleeping and resting was also great, which was important to me as this was a work trip. An area in which you could further improve is the breakfast, I would have appreciated more fresh food. Totally looking forward to come back!

• 2nd Jun 2015

The staff were all very amiable and helpful. Rooms were pretty interesting with a local artist's work on a theme for each room, which I thought was really neat. Loved the location of the hotel and everything was really clean!

• 2nd Jun 2015

It was a bit far away from the station, but it's walkable around 20mins. The room is very old and the bed is too soft. The good thing is the washroom with hot water, clean and big. If u can request pls go upper floor cos during the nite damn noisy til 3am. It's unbelievable! It's good for partying though! If u catch a morning flight in the early morning, I wish u don't fall asleep otherwise u will miss ur plane!

Great location. Withing a mile of the space needle and pikes place, easy walking distance to everything. Warm and inviting atmosphere. Helpful staff. I like that there is always someone at the desk, and a camera for security purposes. One thing to think about is there aren't always lockers available, and chargers may have to either happen in the lobby or leave them someplace else in your room, those are the only notable things worth mention. Top notch hostel and we really enjoyed our stay there!

• 31st May 2015

Amazing hostel! Great staff, location, organized events, etc. The free walking tour was really excellent as well.

• 30th May 2015

I only stayed at the hostel for one night, but if I ever come back to Seattle, I would love to stay here. It was very clean and had high quality facilities, including a large kitchen and a rec room. One complaint, my 6-bed dorm only had 4 lockers in the room.

City Hostel Seattle is a great hostel. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Seattle. The location is perfect; great neighborhood, close to attractions and the train line. I always found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Everything was clean. The breakfast was hearty and healthy. Stay at City Hostel Seattle.

Nice and safe! Enjoyable experience!

• 27th May 2015
  • China

Absolutely perfectly placed for the main attractions, within walking distance of everything on the city pass and more.

I think towels are more or less standard nowadays.