City Hostel Seattle Reviews

2327 2nd ave., Seattle, Seattle, USA

I just spent 2 months travelling through SE asia and I found the hostels there to be muuuuch better. The biggest issue I had was that the individual beds in the dorm don't have their own outlet or lamp. Also, the room didn't have AC, towels had to be rented, the building felt old. Just, the overall experience wasn't that great.

Amazing location! Funky rooms and decor. Has a really good feel. Few basics missing like hooks in the rooms for clothes, kitchen could be cleaner and more fridge Space- most is taken up by staff food. Breakfast is VERY basic and starts late at 8-10am.

Had a very lovely stay at City Hostel Seattle. Lots of common area space which is nice and the staff were very friendly.

Overall great hostel. Good location, close to the city and Seattle Centre, with lots of good bars and restaurants in the immediate area. Staff friendly and helpful, always happy to recommend what to do and where to eat. Clean, quiet and Wi-Fi generally reliable. One small criticism was a lack of electrical sockets in the room, and two in my room were right next to the wash basin, a clear safety hazard. Wouldn't stop me returning, but we all have mobiles to charge and this should be looked at.

Lots of amazing work by local artists

Great hostel! Location is perfect for walking around the downtown area, close to ferry ports and lots of shops and restaurants. Staff is very knowledgeable of sites around town, bathrooms and showers are clean (and plentiful!) and lots of activities going on at the hostel as well (movie night, open mic, walking tours, etc.). Would definitely stay here again!

Really enjoyed all the activities that encouraged travellers to get to know each other

• 5th Jul 2015

Excellent hostel!

• 4th Jul 2015

Had a great time at this hostel. Was there for the 4th of July and the Hostel put on a BBQ and keg for everyone which was a fantastic event for the day. Room was reasonably clean and walking distance to main attractions of the city.

The hostel has a great atmosphere, making it ideal for lone travellers as it is very easy meet people. The location is perfect. The bathroom facilities are great- they are very clean and they offer a great deal of privacy. The breakfasts are a bit boring but as they're free you can't really complain.

So hot at night! The fan was so noisy!

I understand that for this kind of business having AC in the rooms become not very cost-effective, but Seatlle was really hot this Summer and we couldn't sleep well. I think it would have helped a second fan for a room of 4 beds. The fan didn't rotate so it was impossible to have it in a position that will give air to everyone. Please add a second fan to 4-beds room. Thanks.

• 2nd Jul 2015

I had a bad first impression - the staff was overwhelmed trying to check in a lot of arrivals and the lobby was cluttered with luggage. The rest of the time it was serene - and I was able to appreciate how well-maintained and well-run the hostel is. And a great value - for just a little more money, a private bathroom - what a luxury not to have to grab the room key to make a nocturnal bathroom run. The walls of the room I had were painted in a jarring manner but it was supporting local talent

Was there for 3 nights, excellent atmosphere, people and well located in downtown Seattle within walking distance of all the attractions.

We all got very hot in our room overnight... One fan was definitely not enough! Other then that the hostel was great! Very nice clean bathrooms and plenty of them! The staff were very welcoming and accommodating as well.

• 29th Jun 2015

Hostel was ok. But the room was like a sauna and therefore none of us could sleep. They had provided us with two fans which made no difference.

loved the place and the staff were fantastic!!

The high temperature in Seattle was 85-90 degrees, 15 degrees warmer than average. No air conditioning. The rooms were like ovens. Thankfully there was a Target department store within walking distance where I could buy aluminum foil to tape to the windows and extra fans for my bed. The hostel also provided an extra fan upon request. I did ask if I could purchase a small $130 air conditioning unit for my room since I was there for 4 nights, but they said no. I offered to pay for it.

• 25th Jun 2015

Great place to stay. The staff were exceptional.

• Couple, 41+

This is my first time to stay in hostel for solo travel, it's really a great time and good experience at City Hostel Seattle. I made few friends there and got some tips from their nice staff and these friends from all over the world. I should continue to stay in hostel while traveling in the future , it is really good experience to open your mind toward the world.

• Taiwan