City Hostel Seattle Reviews

2327 2nd ave., Seattle, Seattle, USA

City Hostel is in a fantastic location. They have a policy that you can't use your own bedding which is absolutely fine with me but I was pretty annoyed when they made me take my sleeping bag out of my rucksack (of course it was at the bottom), then they put it in a plastic bag and gave it back to me. As if carrying 50 pounds of luggage up two flights of stairs wasn't enough they just gave me something else to carry. Not impressed but a good hostel all the same.

Great breakfast, very helpful stuff, and great location! ;) Don't miss it!

Great staff and atmosphere.

• 30th Sep 2014

Great location in Belltown, clean and neat but no opportunity provided for social activities to meet other travellers. It was fine for what we needed, but I certainly wouldn't rave about our experience here.

• 29th Sep 2014

The bunk beds were very squeaky so every time someone on the top bunk rolled over it was known to all. Also, better cereal, like Cheerios or oatmeal, would be appreciated.

The place is perfectly situated, the staff was helpfull and the breakfast was nice and in a big room.

This place is great! It was my first time staying at a hostel and I couldn't have been more lucky. Everything is clean and very safe. The staff is AWESOME (I emphasize this because they were mostly responsible for my wonderful experience). It's really close to everything and they give you food. What more could you ask for?

Great hostel, very friendly atmosphere, good location in the heart of Seattle!

• 24th Sep 2014

City Hostel Seattle is the best hostel I have been in my 30 years of travelling. Clean, polite and friendly staff and safe.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Philippines

Very helpful staff and clean rooms. The downtown area is a bit dodgy, but that's likely because all the homeless shelters are nearby. The hostel itself has good security and anyone who comes in must be staying there and have a pass key. The staff at the front are incredibly helpful and friendly. They really go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay, including looking up bus routes or locations of restaurants on the internet. This is definitely one of the better hostels I have stayed in.

Awesome place to stay, super friendly and helpful staff, clean amenities as well as beautifully decorated rooms and complimentary breakfast in the morning! 10 out of 10 :)

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Only stayed for about ten hours, but the facilities were very beautiful :)

• 21st Sep 2014

Great location, super clean and good common areas to meet people. Only thing I really didn't like was that the security was almost too tight - if you popped out and didn't have your key they could make you feel really uncomfortable or when I had local friends to come and meet me they were funny about them even waiting in the lobby which is a bit awkward but otherwise it's great! They have a really cool cinema downstairs and I met lots of cool people here!

You couldn't ask for a better location. The staff was super accommodating

This hostel was fun, with amiable staff, complementary breakfast, and interesting people to meet. The beds were comfortable, and there was art from a different local Seattle artist on the walls of each room. The showers were always hot, and there was never much of a line. City Hostel is located in the Belltown neighborhood, so it is near many of Seattle's main tourist attractions and transportation. The neighborhood is loud at night so be sure to bring earplugs.

Big Hostel, Friendly and Safe. Would stay here again no problem.

• 19th Sep 2014

I've traveled the world and stayed in hostels. City Hostel Seattle was by far the cleanest. The staff was friendly and helpful. Walk 10 in either direction and you'll be at the space needle or pikes place. Highly recommended.

• 17th Sep 2014

Absolutely beautiful hostel! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• 17th Sep 2014

Really friendly staffs!!!! They have good selections for breakfast. Shower rooms have no mattress and there are always floods. The surrounding area is a bit sketchy, many homeless and drug-addicted people hang out all the time. But it has also a good neighbourhood : bars&restaurants! Location is close to some sightseeing points too. Good place to stay!

Great stay in city hostel. The location is ten minute walk from all the main attractions. There are plenty of eating places right outside the hostel. The security cards are a great idea and makes the place more secure, and the traveller at ease. Four bed dorms are spacious. The hostel is very clean. The kitchen is big and spacious for all to use. The breakfast is simple, cereal fruit etc but a good start to the day.