City Hostel Seattle Reviews

2327 2nd ave., Seattle, Seattle, USA

a great stay as always, made even better by their recent renovations to the kitchen, bathrooms, putting in an espresso machine. gotta love city hostel.

The staff were AMAZING - everyone I spoke to was friendly and helpful. Perfect location - only a 15-20 minute walk to Pike place markets (and Pike/Pine St for shopping, etc). Hostel was always clean and the artwork in the rooms/common areas is great!

• 19th Apr 2014

위치도좋고 직원분들도 친절해서 좋았지만 다만 술집들이 많아서 밤에 무섭고 시끄럽다는 단점이있네요

• 18th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

Definitely a superb hostel and I would stay here again the next time I am in Seattle!

Honestly, this was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! The location was absolutely perfect, so central and walking distance to the market and space needle. The staff were knowledgable and friendly and the doors in the front stayed locked all the time, so you always felt safe. The rooms were painted with hilaious colors and designs, but it added to the cool vibe of the hostel. Breakfasts were nice, much better than the usual toast and butter - they had cereal and fruit and coffee!

• 17th Apr 2014

All of the staff there were super friendly and helpful....a real plus for the hostel. I would definitely stay there again next time I am on Seattle.

• 17th Apr 2014

The hostel is well located, close to Pike market, the pier and many suitable restaurants. I found the staff friendly and helpful. However, the hostel really need an upgrade in all areas. The lockers in the room 60% were damaged and required replacement, No hooks for hanging towels and clothes . The cleanliness of the room and the bed linen is a concern. Very basic hostel with limited facilities. Surprised that we had to pay for the use of a towel.

• 15th Apr 2014

Great hostel in a very representative street in Seattle, would definitely stay here again if ever in Seattle. Good security, SUPER friendly staff, great showers.

My only issue- and its not a big one- is that there was no duvet for the comforter. That is, you just got a flat sheet and a comforter which was used by everyone. Wouldn't be a big deal except everyone throws off the flat sheet while sleeping so you are sleeping under a comforter used by lots of people. Other than that though, great hostel with a cool vibe.

The staff at this hostel were awesome, know lots about Seattle. The place just has an awesome atmosphere and free breakfast is always good

Regardless to the horrified mammal organ paintings on the wall (NO, being weird is not art!!! ), the biggest problem is in the external surrounding- numerous pubs around the hostel. You won’t get any peaceful moment while your brain needs a rest at night. If you prefer a sleepless trip in Seattle, why bother to stay in a hostel for a bed! I originally reserved 7 nights but moved out after 2 nights stay, and lost the rest of my booking deposit.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Great hostel you are running. No complaints. You have GREAT staff. KC (Kacey?) and Julia very very nice. Good suggestions of things to do. Very accommodating. It really seemed that everyone there was HAPPY to be there. THAT is what MAKES the atmosphere of a hostel. You guys are doing it right. This was my first time in an American hostel and I was a bit nervous about it. No need to have been though. You are up to European standards. (And better than some I have stayed at in Europe, lol.

super amazing staff, and I was really impressed by the complimentary breakfast and the clean washrooms. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Seattle, hands down.

great hostel. only complaint was not having plugs or a night light by your bunk :)

One of the best hostels.

Great staff, nice people, good atmosphere. The location was really nice and the bathrooms were always clean. Toilets and bathrooms were always available. I had a great time while staying there!

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

The stay was fantastic and by far the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in, you can tell the owners take pride and the staff work hard. It was also great to see the difference that having a dishwasher in the kitchen made as all cutlery was clean and in good condition. Breakfast had a great range and the facilities on site, i.e. shared bathrooms, wifi, kitchen and the downstairs cinema as great. The only downside for me was that I do not believe that hostels are a place for children.

We went to this hostel in Seattle, the location is excellent. Our room was very dusty to the point I had to purchase pills for allergies which I had not gotten in a long time and I remain sick at this point. Aside from this the whole hostel was clean and the facilities where very good. A greeat idea: add a bathroom window or something electric to avoid auwful smells in the bathroom on the first floor as not to disrupt breakfast. I did not appreciate Juliette constantly flirting with muy husband.

City Hostel Seattle was recently renovated and offers really nice facilities. There are plenty of showers and restrooms for use on each floor. And the breakfast is provided everyday from 8-10am featuring cereal, milk, fruits and toast. The staff are really helpful and friendly so feel free to ask them anything :) I'll definitely stay there again if I come back to Seattle.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • China

nice place! And people is so friendly. Totally worth!

• 12th Mar 2014