City Hostel Seattle Reviews

2327 2nd ave., Seattle, Seattle, USA

Pro: Good price / Laundry facilities (though expensive) / TV and film rooms / uniquely decorated rooms / breakfast Con: Stuck up hipster staff (if you look hipster they will love you though) / breakfast from 8am only so if you leave early tough luck / bad ensuite bathroom - i used the recently renovated hall ones instead / hot hot rooms and hallways / middle of nowhere unless you want to go to the Seattle Tower

Super hostel and very safe. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was amazing!! Lots of choice etc. Lots of facilities including washing etc. Very busy hostel - downside had to wait to use shower etc. Common rooms were small! Would stay here again and recommend it to everyone.

The staff were super friendly and helpful, the location was convenient to everything, and I loved the individual bathrooms. Be sure to bring earplugs as the rooms facing the street are pretty loud. Breakfast was good and included fresh fruit. I definitely recommend City Hostel!

I really enjoyed my stay there. Amazing kitchen!!!

• 23rd Jul 2014

10 minutes walk to the metro, the location is very good. the staff is always would like to help you, really nice!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • China

A nice and cousy hostel in a nice neighbourhood. The staff was awesome - smiling, helpful and in general very open-minded. The room was a bit disgusting with moisty walls and atmosphere, but other than that the facilities, number of washrooms and breakfast was nice

The WIFI DOESNT WORK PROPERLY! I could never get my iphone to connect, nor my ipad. The room decoration was in poor taste, in my opinion. Clean hostel. Staff are really nice.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

I was given a noisy room on the first floor. The noise of the neighbouring restaurant was exterimly disturbing. I requested to be moved some where quiter which initially was denied and when I made it clear that I will not stay on that room finally decided to give me another room. The second room was as bad as the first one and the restaurants smell of food and fan noise was very disturbing. During my stay the bed linine where not changed even once!! I will not stay in this place again.

• 14th Jul 2014

very friendly and helpfull staff. bathrooms and room were always clean and very nice

It is the best hostel I have ever stayed! Very friendly and helpful staff and great location. I will stay there again for sure for my next Seattle trip :)

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Awesome place in Belltown close to downtown. Some staff were new and check-in took a while but I wasn't expecting hotel service so this was ok! Please provide bath mats if possible! Thanks

Nice and big rooms, average washrooms, but not enough hooks to hang stuff on to (especially because it would be so easy to put some on!). Breakfast included fresh bananas and oranges. Only a few minutes to walk to the waterfront, but also lots of homeless people in that neighbourhood. Seattle itself did not impress me at all.

All great. One of the best desinged hostels I've ever stayed in. Fantastic staff!

My friend and I stayed here over the Fourth of July weekend. This place was extremely clean - cleaner than most hotels I've stayed at. Staff was incredibly accommodating and friendly. Location could not be better - within walking distance of EVERYTHING! Would definitely stay again!

• 4th Jul 2014

Everything was fine except the showers...either your burning your skin off so you have to turn the tap up and once you finally have enough cold water there, its sand blasting your skin off and wasting huge amounts of water in short amounts of time...worst shower ever.

We had everything we needed in this Hostel - i would recommend it to anyone!

The neighborhood was full of hobos. The shower was super hot with no way to control. The rooms and social areas were very hot. Prices should include everything and be more clear. The WiFi signal was so poor I couldn't use it at all. The only decent thing was the breakfast, but it should be serve earlier (started at 8am).

Nice hotel, very friendly people, A bit expensive if travelling with kids (4) , but perfect if travelling alone or with friends !

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Belgium

The prices are too high for dorm rooms. I understand why the computer room has been eliminated but it still would be nice to have one or two computers available for those of us who have small smartphones; who knows, there may be those without one at all. There were a lot of dirty dishes in the kitchen sink.... There should be more seating in the breakfast room.

One of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed at.