City Hostel Seattle Reviews

2327 2nd ave., Seattle, Seattle, USA

I had awesome days in Seattle. Especially I enjoyed great nights in this hostel with friends and staff. Finally, many strangers had been friends each other. I played music with staff and great guys with drinking beer. It became one of my greatest memory. When I was leaving the hostel, a staff said 'Are you leaving? that's too bad, we have session night today. If you are, it's gonna be better.' Aneway! I love this hostel.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Japan

Great hostel! Big clean rooms and big clean showers. The bed was very comfortable and the staff at the front is very polite and helped me with all my questions. If I once go back to Seattle, I will definitely stay in this Hostel.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Switzerland

It was disappointing that the hostel requested additional money from us when we arrived, which differed to that on HostelWorld. Firstly, they advised we had to pay a higher rate per night than advertised and second that we had to reimburse them for the booking fee HostelWorld keeps. Neither of which is acceptable through a trusted and reputable site. This was our first time booking through HostelWorld and we have now learnt this is an unacceptable practice.

It's a 30 minute walk from various jumping areas in Seattle. Beds and everything included with them are comfortable. Staff are friendly and informative about the area, about anything from food to activities. Atmosphere is relaxed, cool art everywhere. Different spray paint paintings in all the rooms. This was my 3rd time staying there.

It was a nice stay. Great mixed dorms. I'd definitely stay here again.

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and I thoroughly enjoyed myself throughout the entire visit. It's a very welcoming place with friendly staff and they keep it pretty clean. The atmosphere is pretty serene. The location is perfect if you ask me. It's only about a 10 minute walk to Oikes Place and many other attractions that Seattle has to offer.

• 8th Oct 2015

Thats was awesome! The best location and nice interior

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Ukraine

- better breakfast would be nice - a bar with pool table, table tennis would make a better atmosphere

It was an OK hostel to spend a few nights in Seattle. No atmosphere whatsoever, no activities. Fellow backpackers on all occasions acted arrogantly in the kitchen and common areas. Bathrooms were clean.

Excellent staff members (including the manager). I forgot to pack my camera charger. One of the staff members went above and beyond and let me borrow her charger (how sweet is that?). There is an iPad for costumers to borrow if needed.. Every staff member was really kind, friendly and cheerful. The art work in the hostel is just amazing. The location is great (plenty of options to eat around). If I am back in Seattle, I will definitely stay here. Great job City Hostel!

I have lived at a lot of hostels and this was one of the best. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the hostel is just a couple blocks from downtown. The bedrooms were nice and there are lockers in the room to use if you bring your own lock as well.

Location was great, staff was quite friendly and security was good. Beds were pretty decent. Bathroom in ensuite room was strange. There was a full sized bathtub shower combination and a sign saying only to take showers which was fine but what I didn't like was how the sink was in the room. There was more than enough room in the bathroom for a sink especially if they didn't have an unusable bathtub. I hate listening to people brushing their teeth when I'm trying to sleep. Overall pretty average.

Amazing location and great facilities. All with very helpful staff.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Wales

Loved my stay here. It is within walking distance of lots of bars, restaurants and downtown. The staffs were friendly and so were the other people staying in the hostel. Note that the hostel does not have elevators, so if you have heavy luggage, you will have to carry them. One issue was that the hostel wifi internet was terrible in the room.

Loved my stay at City Hostel. First impressions are great, very clean with a relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff and excellent security. Great WiFi and breakfast. Bathrooms were excellent, clean and hot showers with very strong water pressure! Not a fan of the artwork and the bunks could do with lamps so people don't need to leave the light on until midnight. Would definitely recommend!

• 27th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

A really friendly atmosphere. Staff are super friendly and helpful. The place is spotless, cleanest hostel I've ever been to! It's great. Free breakfast too. I'd stay here 4ever if I could.

This place was in such a cute location and was clean, accommodating and mostly friendly staff.

i met many new friends here. There is a good place to met new people. Breakfarst is not only bread and jam.awesome!!!

Really nice hostel, great staff and facilities but everyone tended to keep to themselves when we stayed there. Excellent location!

Great vibe at this hostel with the staff and facilities to match!! highly recommend!!