City Hostel Seattle Reviews

2327 2nd ave., Seattle, Seattle, USA

The hostel is very clean and i feel is great value for money. I stayed in a four bed female dorm which was comfortable, but I found the bathroom in the room very small, so I preferred using the shower rooms located in the corridors. Staff are very friendly and informed and the walking tour is excellent. Good location but found there were some odd characters hanging around 2nd Avenue at night, so tried to walk back down 4th instead.

All the staff were very friendly and helpfully, the hostel was in the perfect place to easily walk to pike market. The rooms in the hostel make it different from any other. Only tiny complaint would be that the wifi was very slow in the bedrooms.

Spacious rooms and bathrooms. Very clean, but not a fan of the carpets in the rooms. Carpet are never clean. Great location, great people.

Bathrooms were really clean and powerful showers! I always manage to get a free one as well, not sure if that was luck or just well planned! Mattresses on the bunk beds weren't the comfiest but for what we paid, it wasn't worth making a fuss over! Staff were lovely, really helpful and fun. They checked everyone coming into the hostel however every room has lockers so you can put valuables.. As long as you have your own padlock, this was really handy! I'd defintley stay again!

Overall my stay at the hostel was good. I was very impressed by the roomy and private bathrooms. The rooms (I stayed in 4-bed female dorm) were very basic and could probably use an upgrade (pipes running by the bed, limited outlets) but still an overall great stay. The bedroom was facing a busy road so it did get pretty noisy. I would recommend this if you need a place to crash for a few days.

• 1st Sep 2015

Very well run hostel, great staff and had quite a few fun times with other guests... probably was one of the better hostesLI've stayed at. Only had a run in with a group of German's who were very impolite in 'laughing' at me (teasing me about something)... Outside there are many restaurants to the left and right of the place. Did go out for an ice cream, one night at a near by convenience store and some 'local's' were 'bullying' me in the convenience store (this was slightly after 12am)

• 30th Aug 2015

Really nice hostel. Bathrooms new, room could use a little love here and there. Place needs some aircon and soundproof windows. At least in the rooms facing the street. Lots of very loud people/hostel folks down there all dang night. Made it hard to get a good nights sleep even on a weekday. But hey, I got a free lecture on weed complete with coughing at 3 am. ;-)

I had a lot of fun at the hostel, especially at the open mic night. Chad did a great job entertaining guests. Juliana and Aaron were very helpful. I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

• 30th Aug 2015

A great place to stay, good location, friendly staff and close to a wide variety of pubs, cafes, restaurants and activities.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Wonderful people, great location and great value for the money. I would definitely stay there again.

Very cool people enjoyed my first time staying at a hostel

The location is good. Staffs are kind, cooperatively. The atmosphere is pretty cool. Love.

What a lovely hostel. Perfect location, great staff and a great price. When I return to Seattle, this will be my go-to hostel.

my stay was alright. It wasn't the staff's fault or the hostel itself, but when you get people getting ready for bed at 3am making a bunch of noise, it kinda sucks. Oh yeah, the beds were a little too small, but thats because I'm 6'3. So again, not really their fault.

I loved staying at City Hostel Seattle! The hostel had a lot of character to it and there was enough to do there for entertainment as well. The staff were all very friendly and helpful; especially with providing tourist information about Seattle. The dorm room I stayed in was very nice and quiet, with clean sheets and blankets on the bed. The hostel was close to many restaurants, pubs, and the Pike Market; as well as the waterfront for those arriving by ferry.

• 21st Aug 2015

I had beautiful memories there

It was a good stay. Rooms were small but adequate. 6 lockers would have been better in a 6 bed dorm rather than 4 lockers. Bathrooms were okay Breakfast was good - needs fruit juice Kitchen and facilities were good Located a little far from town but easy to get around No elevator - thank you to the kind dude who worked there and carried my bag upstairs for me WiFi was good but didn't work in rooms

• 19th Aug 2015

Bring your own lock. Lockers are first come first serve basis. Good breakfast. Plenty of bathrooms and showers. Wifi works well in the common areas like lobby and dining area, but not really in the room. Good vibes. Kind staffs. Strongly recommended, especially for young, budget travelers. Would definitely come back for stay again.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Stayed in a private. Staff was very friendly and had excellent food suggestions. Breakfast was a nice addition. Art throughout building was unique and added charm. Location close to everything, only downside was the hot room/loud folks singing/drumming in the streets at 1am. Would definitely recommend.

We had a great stay