City Hostel Reviews

St. Tome Arsovski nu.6, Address 2 :, Skopje, Macedonia

Very nice place, quiet and homely. The host was kind and helpful!

Very nice hostel, hidden away from the buzz. Has a Mediterranean touch to it.

Nice garden, one room was quite dark but the others were good, not far from the center, nice neighbourhood, the staff was very friendly and helpful ! I would stay there again if I go back to Skopje.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

It´s a basic hostel just outside the centre. Also not too far away from the bus- and railway station. Fine for a couple of days.

Great man at the front who overbooked an paid the difference for myself and another to stay in a different set of appartments, he drove us to and from that place and paid the difference. Very helpful.

Staff were super friendly, and genuine.This hostel is certainly great value for money, even if the location is a tad away from the center, and the kitchen facilities rather below average. It should further be noted that the pictures on the website are nothing like the reality and must be incredibly old.However, I would recommend this place, as the atmosphere was nice and the beds etc were clean.But I've seen the basement 4 bed dorm and I wouldn't be happy if I were staying there!

Do not stay here. They overbooked my second night, and when I got home that evening (at 11 pm) they had moved all of my stuff and told me that I needed to move to another hostel-which was normally more expensive, but they'd give me a "special discount". After several minutes of heated argument I ended up sleeping on a fellow guest's air mattress on the floor of his room. Also, the hostel is FILTHY.

Nice and cheap hostel which is definitely good value for the small amount of money you pay. The guy who runs the place will answer all your questions and even sits down for a talk and a glass of home made rakija in the evening in the nice garden. The walk to the city centre and the bus station is around 15-20 min. It is a bit hard to find the first time so make sure you know how to walk there.

Very comfortable stay, felt very safe! The owner was so lovely and attentive especially when my boyfriend got unwell. Such a lovely man he went above and beyond, always asking if we needed anything!

The hostel hasn't a reception, but they ask you to inform the arrival time, so we thought there would be someone there to receive us - and the other guest that arrived at the same time. As the responsible person was sleeping, two guests that were there tried to help us, indicating the bathroom and where to live our lugagge. We left the place after having spoken to the staff 2 hours after arrival, and we came back at the afternoon and again didn't find him. We finally checked in around 4 pm.

• 17th Jun 2015

Nice atmosphere, the host is very friendly. Not the most decorated hostel, but is that what you look for when you come to such an establishment?

• 1st Jun 2015

fine value for Money, good location, very friendly and helpful staff. I like it!