Fabulous 250 Total Reviews
Fabulous 250 Total Reviews

20th Jul 2017
5.7

Mixed feelings about this hostel, good location(just outside of where all the action occurs but very walkable) and good amenities however the staff was what I struggled with. Always hard to find, if you did find them, it was as if you were wasting their time. The guy that checked me in (a french dude I think) was probably the most arrogant of the bunch. Sad to say, this hostel has the potential to be amazing but with the attitudes the staff have there, I won't be recommending it.

11th Jul 2017

Good hostel. Problem with the wifi though. During my 6 nights there it I was just a handful of times that I managed to connect to it. Other guests had the same problem and I mainly used open wifi from restaurants in St. John's. Except for the wifi it is a good hostel and I recommend it.

• ohsolma1307
  • USA, Female, 41+
11th Jul 2017

Great little hostel! Windows open, no screens, no bugs!!! And beautiful view! Woke to seagul and tugboat sounds! I would volunteer and stay if I was free!

28th Jun 2017

I stayed in a dorm room with one bunk bed (double on bottom, single on top), and it was the squeakiest bed ever! Luckily no one was there with me so the slight shifting I made during the night didn't keep anyone up, but it seems all it needs is some tightening of the screws and the problem would be solved. Other than that great location, adequate facilities, great price. I will definitely come back on my next trip to St. John's!

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
25th Jun 2017
4.3

It was a great location, but we didn't get much help as to where things were in the town/staff was difficult to find in the hostel. The room was great but the beds were terrible to sleep in (uncomfortable and bed frame was super loud every time you moved) and the pillows were disgusting with black stuff all over them. Wasn't worth 100 a night. Could have paid that at a hotel and been more comfortable

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
23rd Jun 2017
7.1

This Hostel was exceptionally located in the heart of St. Jeans, it was a breeze to get around and we saw and did so much during our short stay. Unfortunately the hostel seems to be missing the community vibe. For one, there is little to no common room, were guess can hangout and swap tales and tips of there travels. Also the staff although clear and concise at checking use in, put no effort to engage in friendly conversation with there guests. Despite this our room was extremely comfortable.

• England, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2017

Really nice hostel in a great location. Could have used more bathrooms as you were sometimes waiting to use one, but otherwise all great.

• chelspearce176
20th Jun 2017

Great central location, waking distance to almost anywhere touristy. Great staff. Parking is a little tough to find a spot and they didn't have enough parking passes for all the guests. There were no screens on the windows so lots of flys could get in, this should be addressed! Beds are relativelive comfy but the pillows are flatter than flat. I like that they provide towels and linens and fans.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
13th Jun 2017
4.0

My first written review for accommodation because it was my worst experience for a hostel. Staff seemed lazy appart from one girl who had to come in on her work days and clean the days before as no one else had cleaned. When I asked about whale watching the answer I got was oh you just need to walk to the end of the pier and ask not sure of any tours! There was leaflets behind her head. Garbage was not empty Ed during my 3 day stay. I asked where to get the bus to the airport times, no clue!

• kappstarr1590
  • Globetrotter
7th Jun 2017
6.6

The location is good but the hostel itself is pretty dirty. I didn't spend a whole lot of time in the hostel because I was visiting St. John's for a conference, so I can't speak to how well stocked or clean the kitchen was, or to any common areas. The staff were okay but did not offer any information about St John's or things to do in the city... seemed like they are the "do the bare minimum" sort of staff. If there are other hostels in the area, I'd check those out before staying here again.