9.5
Superb 232 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 232 Total Reviews

16th May 2017

Solo traveller in a private room with ensuite bathroom. It was quiet with good facilities. Prior to my stay, Dave a star really helpful answering all my questions. I would stay again.

13th May 2017

I loved my stay at the St Johns City Hostel. The facility is very clean and has friendly staff. They have Hot Water and great showers. We all know that is a bonus in hostels. The location is totally amazing. It is walking distance to some of the main attractions like Signal Hill and the Waterfront/Duckworth. The transit is right around the corner. I would recommend it to anyone staying in the St Johns area. A small issue is that it does not provide breakfast and the kitchen is small.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
12th May 2017

I loved my stay! The area is conviennent. The staff were friendly, funny and very helpful. I felt safe there and the atmosphere was amazing! I met some great people and even made some friends. I would highly recommend this lovely hostel to anyone. I hope to come back again some day.

• grhamer54318
  • Canada, Male, 41+
11th May 2017

A friend & I shared a room with ensuite finding it very good for our needs. The hostel had a very pleasant & friendly atmosphere & the staff very helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
30th Apr 2017

Good location, good staff, good craic :)

22nd Apr 2017

Excellent location, walking distance to shops and restaurants downtown. Friendly staff. The pillow was a bit lumpy, the mattress was quite worn/thin so that I could feel the springs, and the blanket was a bit too thin for the coldness that is St. John's (0 degrees out) so I didn't get a great night's sleep, but I was only there for one night. The hostel itself is a nice clean quiet place in a large lovely jellybean house.

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
8th Mar 2017

Location was close to downtown and historic sites of the city. Rooms and bathrooms were clean.

• USA, Male, 41+
2nd Dec 2016

Excellent location . Central to Duckworth Street and Water Street shops and restaurants . Close enough to George St bars to walk to but far enough away . Walking down Gower St is easy and scenic . You can take advantage of the kitchen at the hostel . Short walk to pick up groceries / snacks . Great staff at Gower St . Having a laundry facility at the hostel was a major help after Air Canada lost my bag . My 3 days of clothes in my backpack became the only clothes that I had or needed .