City Hostel Reviews

8 Gower Street, St. John's, Canada

Well run. The building is small and thus feels cramped. The kitchen, in particular, is cramped.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The people at the hostel were really great and friendly, always willing to lend a helping hand. Rooms were clean and bathrooms were always available. I had a fabulous time.

Really lenjoywd my stay there .Staff were excellent,so helpful .Situated in a great location .very clean and tidy hostel

Not enough space - lacking space in the 'communal room"/ reception, in the kitchen and not enough bathrooms for guests (when full occupancy)

Slight concern with security. My shoes were stolen from my room when I was the only one staying in the room that night. Also, the staff leave the windows open during the day to air out the room, however, anyone could easily climb in the window from the back. Mostly, I thought it was a decent place to stay.

• 5th Jun 2015

Everyone very friendly and staff helpful. On the day of checkout it was pouring endlessly and I spent most of the day on the computer in the common area.

• 5th Jun 2015

I made a 3 night booking and they overbooked, so they expected me to change rooms halfway through my stay even though I booked all nights at once. They said they would fix it and let me know. On the 2nd day I came back to my room to find all of my things missing. If I had arrived 1 hour later (after office hours) I would not have been given my things, a bed, and would have missed my early flight the next day. They blamed me for this. Terrible management and both rooms stank of human sweat.

We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay.It is true that we had to accommodate you in a 2-bed room instead of the 4bed dorm that you had booked, you accepted this offer.We informed you that you would have to change rooms for your last night because of the booking situation and that we would most likely not be able to avoid that.On the change-day you left for the whole day,that left us no choice but to move your things in order to clean the 2-bed room in time for new guests arrivin

The common room was a tad small sadly, what with the office there as well. Everyone there was extremely friendly and welcoming.

i am very happy to have been here. everyone has been awesome.

Not much room when there is a full house - common room I and kitchen are quite small.

The staff are extremely helpful and nice. The restroom and the bedrooms are very clean. The kitchen needs a little organization, only this!

• 8th Jan 2015