8.1
Fabulous 208 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 208 Total Reviews
City Hostel Located at 8 Gower Street, , St. John's.
City Hostel
    Rooms available

• sarachan0260
  • Canada, Couple, 25-30
11th Aug 2016

We had such a great time at this hostel! Loved the staff, loved the fellow residents, and the location was the best part. 10 minute walk from everything (including signal hill, duck worth street restaurants, st. George st bars) and so easy to get to. Sure, it could've been a bit cleaner (a few dead bugs in the room and occasionally no hand soap in the washroom) but the price for this location is key.

4th Aug 2016
7.1

good location, lots of volunteer staff who were new the area so limited local insight but pleasant and helpful with checking in and orientation to the hostel. I might suggest they get rid of the green carpet, it harbors odors and gives the place a dingy feel.

4th Aug 2016
3.7

This place doesn't seem to try or care because they're the only hostel in town and you're stuck with them. The staff was never around and impossible to find. When you could find them they were unknowledgeable about the hostel or St. John's. The place is dirty and disorganized. The kitchen is particularly gross. The door is left open all day, even while staff are nowhere to be found. The rooms are barren and not in a minimalistic way but a they-could-care-less way. Only pro? The location is g

• Canada, Female, 18-24
2nd Jul 2016

Had a great stay in St. John's and met some really great people in the hostel! Would stay again for sure.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
1st Jul 2016

Staff were very friendly and super generous. Had a blast staying here. Would recommend to all.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
7th Jun 2016

good location...very clean bathrooms and showers. A++ Also has a bathtub. Kitchen facilities clean although small. Pretty standard rooms. Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere, although a bit small.

• Canada, Male, 41+
3rd Jun 2016

I can't say enough about my visit to St. John's. The hostel was awesome, the staff helped me with any question I had. They gave me tips on what I wanted to see, how to get there and pointed me to another hostel in Bonavista. I stayed there foe 2 days, and I owe that excellent experience to the staff at 8 Gower St. I highly recommend this location to anyone. Great people, in the right place makes for a great experience. Thanks Staff and 8 Gower for making my stay and my experience excellent.

• Canada, Female, 41+
20th May 2016
5.7

The staff was very friendly when I got there but when I left the girl pretended to call a cab for me to go to the airport but didn't. I waited 25 minutes then I knew something was wrong and the girl wasn't at the office anymore to ask her so I call a cab myself, it got there in 2 minutes. The laundry room is always very busy for the hostel's laundry. The bathroom were often without toilet paper and not kept very clean.

12th Apr 2016

Had a really nice time in Saint John's staying at the City Hostel. The location was perfect for both going downtown and heading up to Signal Hill. It was basically within walkable distance from all tourist attractions that you will want to visit (save Cape Spear which requires a car). The staff were all very friendly and gave us helpful tips on where to go and what to do. There are lockers outside the rooms to store your things if you want. The wifi worked very well.