City Hostel Reviews

8 Gower Street, St. John's, Canada

I made a 3 night booking and they overbooked, so they expected me to change rooms halfway through my stay even though I booked all nights at once. They said they would fix it and let me know. On the 2nd day I came back to my room to find all of my things missing. If I had arrived 1 hour later (after office hours) I would not have been given my things, a bed, and would have missed my early flight the next day. They blamed me for this. Terrible management and both rooms stank of human sweat.

We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay.It is true that we had to accommodate you in a 2-bed room instead of the 4bed dorm that you had booked, you accepted this offer.We informed you that you would have to change rooms for your last night because of the booking situation and that we would most likely not be able to avoid that.On the change-day you left for the whole day,that left us no choice but to move your things in order to clean the 2-bed room in time for new guests arrivin

The common room was a tad small sadly, what with the office there as well. Everyone there was extremely friendly and welcoming.

Not much room when there is a full house - common room I and kitchen are quite small.

The staff are extremely helpful and nice. The restroom and the bedrooms are very clean. The kitchen needs a little organization, only this!

• 8th Jan 2015

Good place to stay. A bit expensive for what you get, but overall very good and recommended.

• 26th Dec 2014

Would stay here again, great location