City Hotel Carlton Reviews

90 Belgrave Road, Victoria, London, England

Really upset to pay for Internet when it's supposed to be free and when the room is already too expensive for what it provides. This is simple but clean and well located.

• 21st Nov 2013
  • Switzerland

!!!!!!Carlton Hotel offers FREE internet access!!!!!!

I would give Internet connection for free since the price of the room.

• 16th Sep 2013

clean and great value for money.

• 20th Jul 2013

Tiny room. Old. Paying for location really. Not bad for a night or two if ur on a business trip

• 6th May 2013
  • South Korea

It was nice.

• 9th Nov 2012
  • Norway

The staff was just OK, the facility is lower than poor, the bulding looks like in remodelation, the room looked ok at first sight , like a hotel with tv, hoever the mattress was Horrible!!!!, it was more than old and dirty the spring were out and it hurt my back, the carpet had some bred and it was never cleaned.. the breakfast would be tost, soluble coffe , milk and juice, the glass was dirty also, kind of close to Victoria station,5 blocks walk it was 20mins

Most unfriendly place I ever stayed at. Staff members would ostentatiously show that my presence interferes with their idea of a lazy workday, and glare at me for having to put their headphones off. Breakfasts are an insult, the absolute cheapest they could possibly go. Two stale toasts and jam, some jars looking like they had been buried for months. I didn't bother showing up the next day. Wi-fi is paid (shame). Reconstruction might excuse some of the mess and dust. The room was ok.

Could do with some love and affection.

• 19th May 2012

very basic, but ok. cheap and in a good position.

• 18th Jan 2012

The staff tried to steal us, take care when you pay the bill! Plus, he took the whole referencies of the credit card (even teh security number at the rear)...

Hotel is ideally located for Victoria Station and Apollo Theatre (Wicked!) and only a short walk along the river to the London Eye. Pimlico tube is very near too. Only issue was the staff - terrible customer service. Take proof of booking, as until I showed proof they insisted I had been due to arrive the previous day. Perfect for no-frills place to kip!

Alot of stairs up to our room on the 3rd floor (expected given it was a historic building). Nice staff and right next to tube station so getting around was a breeze. Couldn't turn the heating off in the room tho

The man who ran the front desk was not very friendly. Definitely not Mr. Personality. And the shower was very small. But I would probably stay there again because the location was good.

Very near from VICTORIA STATION, ok. But a little disconfortable, bathroom poor, dirty carpet all around, breakfast poor.

Expensive for what you get

Good hotel. Standard room. I even got a six person bedroom for my own ;-). One little remark : I said I would leave at 6.00am and there was nobody at the reception to take my key, so I had to slip it in three parts somewhere through a closed reception desk window, but the hotel was ok and good situated. I would return there.