City Hut 1828 Reviews

No.28, Ln. 18, Dasyue Rd., East District, Tainan, Taiwan

Clean because of the commendable no shoes policy. Directions from train station were accurate but walking time a bit optimistic, 20 minutes is more realistic. Quiet due to distance from main road. No breakfast but there is a kitchen and many eateries nearby.

A very unique hostel which really uses the old features of the building to create a very retro feel throughout the hostel which is very cool. Stayed in a twin room on the top floor and still had decent WIFI. The hostel was clean and well looked after. The location is a little out of the centre and could get a bit noisy on a night with the scooters but all in would stay again..

Couldn't check-in early and had to leave our luggage unsecured in reception which I'm not keen on. The hostel was ok other than that - all the basics you'd expect, e.g. Plug socket and light by your bed and a common area. Not a buzzing atmosphere but that seems to be the norm in Taiwan and mainland China I find. Quite a long walk from the train station in the heat of the day but not a huge issue. There are nice restaurants nearby too.

I didn't realise how big this hostel was until I arrived. Because of this, it runs more like a business, than a small hostel/guesthouse. It's got a proper reception desk, with set trading hours, and you can buy things like towels, ear plugs and rent bikes. Good beds and pillows. Bathroom facilities are way better than anything you'd expect for a hostel. They even have massive rainforest shower heads. Very helpful staff. Recommended!

The hostel is great and I met great people there. The staff are incredibly helpful and answered some questions I had before I even arrived.

Very good hostel! Best in town.

Place is great, close to the station, clean. Staff were nice. Had a good time.

Best I have visit in Taiwan