City Perth Backpackers Hostel Reviews

5 Fitzgerald Street, Northbridge, Perth, Australia

Staff was nice but not super knowledgable about the area. The room was not cleaned in the 4 days of my stay nor was trash emptied. There were hairballs and dirt in the room from the first day I arrived. The restroom facilities had been updated but they were not cleaned either. Shower shoes required.

Had a great stay at this hostel. Staff are backpackers too so theyre really cool. Facilties were brand new and cleaned so well. Showers were fab. Tv area is v comfy and they have huge range of movies. Only thing I didnt like was that there were no computers to use. Backpackers need to research so I think its important to have internet access, they did av free fast wifi but I still think a computer would have been better. Overall one of the best hotels ive stayed in.

No atmosphere at all here - mostly people keeping themselves to themselves. Room was like a prison cell (no window). Free wifi and use of all kitchen utensils only good thing.

• 17th Nov 2014

It is a hotel close to James Street, Northbridge where you find a lot of bars and good restaurants; it is close to the free city bus (Blue Cat) which takes you to Busport where you can go to the pier ( for Rottnett island) and the airport. It offers free breakfast ( bread and jam etc). It offers free wifi ( many hostels in Perth charge guests on an hour basis for wifi service) and wifie is quite good here. It is not so noisy as other hostels on the main street.

The price paid doesn't quite reflect the service and facilities avaliable. Some things could be changed to make the hostel fantastic mean as it's brand new. The beds and doors squeek really badly in the rooms which is a small fix. The beds don't have their own power sockets and lights so it's always a pain to charge your phone and get around during the dark hours. The oven is not working properly. Could segregate backpackers from long terms rooms' more, so that backpackers can mix together easy.

The Hostel was very clean, the toiletts and shower were also good. The room was very small and without a window. To much money 100AUD for this stay

All very pleasant place. Above all the staff are nice and friendly.

The staff weren't always at the reception because they had other duties to do as well. When I was checking in there was no one there and I had to wait a while for someone to come. And when I was checking out no one was there so I didn't get my key deposit back because I was in a hurry to catch a bus. Other than that I enjoyed my time at the hostel and the facilities are clean and in good shape.

Very clean hostel, 15mins walk from city center. Free WiFi working a real plus. Staff is nice ! A bit more expensive than other hostels, but clearly worth it.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope you enjoyed your time in Perth :) See you next time

Entirely pleasant but nothing special. Good location but bit of a pain to get to from airport. Foam mattress and little lockers. We'll cleaned. Friendly staff. Not the best social area.

cleanest hostel I've been to yet!

• 28th Jun 2014

Under my 6 months of traveling this has easy been the best hostel I have stayed at. Great staff great guests

Great hostel possibly the best Iv stayed in in Australia everywhere is very clean with a great bunch of people there

• 19th Jun 2014