City Plus Hostel Reviews

Flat 902, 9th Floor, Sincere House, No. 83 Argyle Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Amazingly central for all the sights and SMELLS of Mong Kok. We could see famous Ladies market from our window. Across the road from the MTR. There's a cat cafe on the 4th floor of the building. The area is 24/7 busy which was great but may not be if you like to sleep in silence. The room was tiny but it's what the area is famous for. 1 double, 1 single and a local friend crashed one night in our double too. The toilet door is just a sliding shutter so make sure you're all really close

Ordered a single room with shower. The toilet is stink though cannot see anything dirty in the toilet. Properly coming from the water pipe. Because the room is super small so I have to ensure with the smell from toilet for the whole night. It is a bunk bed provided and its obviously dated. Perhaps hostel in Mongkok are generally expensive. But for this price I rather stay in a hotel that is not in the central area.

Rooms very, very tiny. Whole building old and dirty. great location though considering price. You get what you pay for and HK is just not a cheap city to stay in

• 12th Mar 2014

The most important thing is the wifi: it was a good strong signal.

Really small room with very basic shower and toilet.

• 4th Feb 2014

So this place was shabby and the rooms where very small. Also, the bathroom was not clean. It is possible to stay there for one or two days, but I wouldn't recommend it if you have high standards. It is located in a very vivid area with many stores and restaurants. Is a bit far north in Kowloon, so it takes a while to walk down to the tip. However, it is close to the metro. Staff was nice.

Too little space between the beds

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Belgium

The room and beds were very small, but it was clean and tidy. The woman who runs the hostel is very sweet and helpful! The hostel isn't exactly on Argyle, you have to turn into a side street, but it is well located because it is so close to Nathan Road. This is a great place for a short stay.

Location good. Room extremely small, old and simple, but very clean. Cups and kettle in room was great. Only towels had terrible smell... (anyway towels were extra, not included, but we got those for free. Thanks!) Beds not in very good condition, noisy and were afraid if it breaks down. Airconditioner (heating) didnt work, only short time, then blew freezing cold. Was not cold weather so we managed without it. Lady at reception was really friendly and helpful. Cheap enough. Thanks!

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Finland

The manager was absolutely lovely and a huge part of the reason why I would want to stay there again! Also, was nice and clean :)

HK is a expensive city, so this hostel is not the best one but is good for stay couple of days, the location is really good

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Colombia

I stayed in single room. This is near from Mong kok station, so very convenient. The room is small and bedding is not so much comfortable, but I understand that it t iwas as much as what I payed. Shower toilet room is small, and I didn't feel like to use the shower. Totally I was satisfied with the room for one night stay in low cost at a good place. シングルで一泊しました。モンコック駅から近いので立地はいいです。部屋は狭く、寝具も快適では無いですが、値段相応だと思います。シャワートイレが共同で、狭いので、シャワーを使う気にはなりませんでしたが、寝るだけと割り切っていたので不満はありません。

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Japan

the location is good but the area is the most dense in the world so it's not so much fun to be in. no western people were in the hostel. the hostel is located withing a huge building in a closed hallway. the room was tiny and since there was no window there was not much air. the electricity fits only hong kong electronic devices so that was a problem as well. the lady at the front desk (which is located on a different floor from the rooms of the hostel) was very nice but no 24/7 help.

I made this reservation based on reviews that I read and I was NOT disappointed. The lovely Filipino front desk lady was great and friendly. I'll stay here again for sure. Very convenient location, close to food and MTR. I'd recommend it to my friends.

Very very small place with no windows, but for the Hong Kong fine. Location is nice and the athmosphere is adventurous, but interesting.