City Plus Hostel Reviews

Flat 902, 9th Floor, Sincere House, No. 83 Argyle Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The hostel doesnt really have a common area which is a downside if you're looking for one. However its a very cheap way to get your own room. (Let's face it sometimes we need our own rooms). The woman who runs the place is EXTREMELY nice and very helpful. She guided me to a place where I could have my laundry done and overall made sure my stay was as comfortable as possible. The area has a gritty feel to it but its a safe neighborhood and the hostel itself feels safe and welcoming.

I had a great stay! Yes the room was very small, but this is Hong Kong! The manger was great. Place was quiet and it was a great location. Metro was just a block away, the ladies market was across the street. I would stay here again!

Very good support staff!

This place is bare bones for a hostel. There isn't a common room and the rooms are suuuuuuper tiny however you do get your own room and a shower/bathroom. The lady who checked us in only spoke some English and she wasn't helpful on the area much. The hostel dos its job but basically we tried to fill the day with things to do because the hostel was just a place to sleep.

It was good, pretty clean and good location to subway and good food. we stayed in a super small small place for 5 of us, so be prepared. But I've heard a lot of places are small. Nothing special, but it you get a good price for the night, you'll be fine. Not the greatest atmosphere for meeting people if that's what you wanna do, but we were only there a night so we could be wrong.

Rooms are extremely small, yet they are really expensive. One of our rooms didn't even had a window and was so small that we could barely breath in the morning.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

wish the mattress on the top bunk bed is thicker... i think it's only 2 inch thick that i felt all the wood under :(

Receptionist (a Filipino) was very friendly & nice/helpful. Willing to provide and change bath towels for us (quite unexpected :) Place not as crammed as one we had some years back (no walking space). Overall - comfortable beds and value for money!

• 8th Dec 2015
  • Singapore
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The lady at reception was very friendly and helpful.

Very nice personel...very helpful..attended to me as a valued customer. I would stay again. Price was reasonable.

• 29th Nov 2015

Rooms are very small especially for more than one person. Staff is really nice; the Philippine woman is helpful and interested in make your stay as pleasant as possible. We did not like very much the building of the hostel, it is a little old and dirty.

• 26th Nov 2015
  • Colombia

The reception lady in the hostel was super nice. The hostel was a little hard to find since it was on the 9th floor. Location was good though, it's easy to do some sightseeing and explore the night market from Mong kok.

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Finland

Host was super easy to work with and speaks very good English. Rooms are clean if small but perfect for sleeping and showering. Towels and soap/shampoo are provided and beds were clean. We were even able to arrange to have some laundry done for us picked up / dropped off directly to the room. We were also able to leave our bags in the lobby on checkout day to make our lives easier. Great locations two seconds from among Kok metro. Definitely recommend!

• 6th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Arrived after a long flight around 8pm, first time in HK. The front desk lady says I must pay everything up front, in cash. I asked her if I could pay first thing in the morning since banks are closed and I have no cash on me. She said no, you must pay now. I asked if I could see the room, she said "no, you're room is good". I ended up walking for 30 minutes with both of my heavy bags around HK to find an ATM so that I'm not homeless for the night. Learn some human decency.

• 29th Oct 2015

Pls tell the true! You could deposit any currency first but you insisted to get into the room without paying as you said you did not have any cash, no other currency and no credit card whatsoever! You could drop your luggage here and get money in ATM but then again you said no today only tomorrow. How could you travel without any $? Which hostel/hotel let you stay without paying? You rudely gone and back paying within 10mins. Where did you get $? Please don't come again! Thanks

Despite the look of the building it is in a great location and safe, and very easy to get to MTR. Friendly staff and very helpful. Room is extremely small but great for a short stay where you only need a bed.

Hong Kong for accommodation is expensive and small no matter where you look. This place is perfect and does the job nicely. The bathroom shower is good and the beds are comfortable enough. There's also a T.V in each room and kettle and slippers which is cool. No atmosphere but sure there's so much to see and do in HK you don't want to be around the hostel area. It's location is great I thought. Can easily get the bus or train as they basically right beside it.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 16th Oct 2015

The hotel facility is too small, reasonable price but not recommended to stay longer than one night

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Mongolia

the private room with a bath is the size of a double bed and a tiny, tiny toliet........location was good but there are about 10 other hostels in the same building so we had to wait a long time to get onto the elevator. Staff was very friendly and helpful.