City Public Hostel Reviews

Absalonsgade 8, Copenhagen, Denmark

Nice staff and good management, the 66 beds dorm was surprisingly nice, the kitchen is amazing, good value for your money. The only downside is that the showers and beds could be better but not a big drawback.

At first, it took us a while to get service, but otherwise the hostel had everything you would expect from a hostel, but nothing too special.

City public Hostel have been one of my greatest stay in a hostel ever. Both staff and the guests made this a place to relax, enjoy, and really get the energy to experience Copenhagen. The location of the hostel also made every trip around town a short but intresting trip. The kitchen large and well-equipped and really felt clean. The only area that could have done with some more cleaning is perhaps the toilets but also really good compared to others. Rooms good, but beds creak a lot! 96% good!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Really expensive, beds were uncomfortable and top bunks didn't have a ladder, showers were terrible and not enough, toilets needed more cleaning. However kitchen was really good. There were no codes on the doors or keys, anyone could just walk into anywhere.

Sleeping in the 66 bed dorm was better than I imagined, the beds are in groups of four. I was able to sleep as well as anywhere else. The atmosphere is nice, lots of travellers and the yard has benches and grass for chilling around. Toilets and showers were dirty (especially shower room). Other than that, great value (nice location).

A very nice hostel. Clean, secure, well located, and a big, well-equiped kitchen. I stayed in the bigger dorm, but it's quiet and had no problem sleeping. I'd stay there again.

Cheapest in town if you choose the 66 bed dorm. Well equipped kitchen, perfect for a budget traveler.

This place was terrible for 40$ a night. I had one bed in a six dorm. The room was filthy. The bunk beds felt like they were about to come apart. Linen and towels were at an extra charge. The bathroom was the worst part. It literally smelled like rotten fish. The walls of the shower were moldy. I don't think this place has received a proper deep cleaning in a long time. On the good side, the kitchen was the best part. Being able to bring your own ingredients to cook was super nice.

Stayed in the 22 bed dorm. The beds are a bit noisy but overall the noise level was not too bad. Bed sheets, quilts, and such are not included which makes it possible to bring your own and save some money. It's a good hostel for your money and a good location.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

value for money

• 27th Jun 2014
  • India

The location is good, which is just 10 minute of walk from the central station. The hostel doesn't accept credit card, which is a bit surprising as a hostel in a capital city. You can pay Euros, only papers are accepted... so have your Danish krone ready. The room and the bed are old. If you sleep on the lower-level bed, you can't sit with your back straight. With the bed there is no power or shelf, and you have to pay extra for sheet. The toilet and shower are a bit shabby and not clean.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

I chose this hostel because it was the cheapest option and, reading the reviews, expected it to be dull, noisy, and unfriendly, and found quite the opposite! The 66 bed dorm didn't bother me. It's worth noting that, if you choose a top bunk, you get woken up by the light early in the morning, and if you choose a bottom bunk, you are squeezing into a very tight space where even as a 5'2" woman, I would bang my head.

Fantastic hostel! The atmosphere is very friendly and you meet lots of people all the time - best hostel I've been to in that regard. Also has a fantastic and new kitchen. Highly recommend this hostel.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Israel

Everything except 66 bed dorm was just fine.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Serbia

I stayed in the 66 person room, which is sectioned off into groups of 4. It was fine for me, but might not be ideal if you're a light sleeper, since there could be people coming and going at a variety of hours. They provide linens, towels and locks for a cost, so the price isn't quite as cheap as it might seem on first glance, but still cheaper than the other Copenhagen hostels.

the hostel has big common room and kitchen which is really good!!!!! it is already the cheapest hostel we can find during our stay. we stayed in a 22 bed room. the room is just okay. the bathroom is not so good. the location is quite okay. If you want to save money then it is not a so bad choice. You can cook by yourself!!! and the atmosphere is quite good in this hostel. The security is not so good. It's easy to come and go. So just remember to bring your own lock!!!!! consider money is okay.

How this place has good ratings is beyond me. I left after my second night. They charge for every little thing. I went to a different hostel and it was fantastic. I posted about it on TA. Anyways, do yourself a favor and don't stay at this shanty.

• 20th Jun 2014

I enjoyed staying at the hostel, I especially appreciated the spacy kitchen and the yard in the back where I had breakfast. I also found it clean and quiet.I think there are not many showers considering the number of people staying there, but personally I never had to wait too long (and if I had to it was for American girls that typically take way too long to shower - sorry, it's true). I would recommend to furnish the rooms with curtains, because the light wakes you up pretty early!!

Old style hostel with big multi-bed dorms so limited privacy, but nice enough as there is outdoor space to relax in. Should bring a padlock for the lockers and note also bed sheets, pillow and blanket are extras not included in the price

Didn't sleep at all, someone was snoring right behind the thin wall in the dorm of 66 persons, and the beds were so squeaky that you heard every movement people made nearby. Don't recommend.

• 18th Jun 2014