City Public Hostel Reviews

Absalonsgade 8, Copenhagen, Denmark

The hostel was really cheap, but the bed linen were quite expensive, 60 Danish krones per bed. The only possibility to charge your phone is in the lobby, but there are many sockets, so it isn't actually a thing to worry about. The staff listened to good music! The use of computer cost like 10 krones per half an hour... But in the end the place was totally worth it, sleeping in the same room with 65 other people was not a problem at all. It was a well-organized place with a lot of travellers!

I was not informated by anyone that I had to pay extra due to my online payment. Futhermore they stole some of my stuff like bedshits, towels etc and the environment looked pretty risky to leave your things in your bed.It looked like it was a matter of time that your private belongings would be easily stolen or lost and you wouldn't be compensated for that.In conclusion I would prefer better facilities, with clean and safer beds(you couldn't sleep on them easily)

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Greece

66 person dorm was not as bad as expected. Except, try to get a bottom bunk bed so when the Libby's turn on its not shining directly on you. Standard lock does not fit the lockers, don't be surprised if you have to buy one. We couldn't find the showers, but had a big kitchen facility. Location was far from city centre, had to walk a lot.

We realmente liked the hostel, it had good facilities great staff and atmosphere. We stayed in the 66 bed room wich had us afraid of would we sleep with so much people in a room, but its a Huge aired space divided info smaller areas of 4 beds, so that was a good surprise. The only thing i would appoint to improve would be the cleanliness of the dishes and cuttlery, but thats the fault of the guests

Zero security, broken showers, filthy toilet facilities, and sagging broken beds. If it weren't for the guests sharing my room who became great friends it would have been a horrible stay.

I had a nice stay there iits well situated and nice. Well there are a lot people in the room.mine was 22 people. The staff is friendly.

I stayed for only 1 night, . It was a short walk to the Copenhagen central station (in the other direction of the city centre), but I still found it to be conveniently located and easy to walk around. To enter the hostel we receive a security code, and most of the time there is someone at the front desk. Rooms were comfortable and prices average given linen must be purchased. Hostel was clean enough and wi-fi worked. Hostel was full, but not too noisy. It was a good stay.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

I slept in a 12 people dorm. It's ok considering the price of 22€ and if you don't expect much. However 12 people in a 20-25 m2 room is kind of loud, so ear plugs are a must. There is a locker next to each bed but you have to bring (or buy at the hostel) a lock.. Hostel stuff was friendly and helpful.

• 28th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my staying in the Hostel thanks to the friendly atmosphere, the location close to the city centre and the cleanliness

Terribly filthy. Showers hadn't ever been cleaned, with curtains instead of doors, nowhere to put your soap or towel or dry cloths. Nowhere to charge your phone over night, so had to get up early and sit in the common room to charge for an hour. Beds were comfortable but squeaky, which made being quiet difficult. Staff where nice though, and very helpful.

Pretty good location, nearby the central station. The place is really quiet and has a garden for chatting or just chilling. The staff was friendly and really kind and helpful, the receptionist once also joined our conversation! Good value-for-money ratio. Lockers were not big enough to allow my backpack to fit in, anyway everybody left their stuff on the ground with ease (maybe just put your valuables in the locker). I would recomend this hostel.

You should be more friendly with people changing rooms. The staff claimed that the beds needed to be cleaned in between 10 and 13, but yet I found a sock in between the mattress and the bed and a pair of underwear under my new bed after changing beds (inside the same dorm). Maybe add some extra toilet paper to the toilets as it tended to finish throughout the night. And locks and some additional power sockets to the rooms would be a very good idea, as well.

It's a sports hall but it's an amazing place to meet like minded people. No complaints ticked all the boxes for a fun stay

Helpful and friendly staff, massive kitchen, great atmosphere, good location... unforgettable stay

I loved the people working there, So kind and the cleaning service is always excellent! The only thing i didnt like that much was the shower room for girls. They are only 3 for the entire hostel. But for the rest, very nice!!!

• 7th Jul 2015

This place is fantastic, and responsible for me staying an additional week in Copenhagen. Exceptional staff made my stay feel like I was coming back to a big family. 24 hour reception (who will usually play awesome tunes), huge kitchen with lots of fridge space. Big patio out front and back, great for spending a sunny morning chilling and chatting other travelers up. The 66 bed dorm was my favorite room - actually much quieter and cooler than the smaller rooms, and more private as well.

• 7th Jul 2015

Large school group when I was there. Overall a good hostel. You will want to purchase the bed sheets because without them it is pretty gross.

Great central location and for the price you pay you have to compromise on people checking in at 2:30am. However friendly service and strong wifi make up the rest.

• 7th Jul 2015

Nice location walking distance to train station, near supermarket and restaurants. Large communal kitchen. Friendly efficient staff.

In general this hostel was good. Only problem: the bunk bed (old and really noisy) and matress (too soft) were extremely uncomfortable!

• 6th Jul 2015