City Public Hostel Reviews

Absalonsgade 8, Copenhagen, Denmark

Good hostel, friendly enough staff. I stayed in the 66 bed dorm and I was actually surprised by how quiet it was! I didn't find that this hostel had the best Atmosphere although this could just be down to grumpy travelers! Good wifi and TV area! Candles lit at night made it :)

Although I had read about the lack of sheeta pillow or any of those things, there was 2 computers in the hostel and the charged you 10 DKK for 30 minutes, besides the internet and the wifi signal was very slow and poor. It's good for the price and just for a few days.

Very helpful staff, who assisted me with printing at no extra charge! I stayed in the massive 66-bed dorm and the only comment is that there weren't enough power points to charge phones and laptops etc at times. But overall it was good value for money, especially in expensive Copenhagen!

Excellently located hostel. Lack of plug sockets in the 66 bed dorm can be a little bit of a hassle if the hostel is busy. Showers are pretty basic and not enough for the amount of people who stay in this hostel. The 66 bed dorm is pretty good with beds segregated into blocks of 4.

The common areas i.e. showers and toilets are clean even it was busy - the hostel was full. I brought my own sheets as they charged extra 50krones for pillow and sheets. There was no lock for the room, which means everyone can walk in and out of the room anytime. I arrived late 11pm at the hostel and had to walk for 15mins from the central station, location wise - it's not bad. Staffs are friendly. Good atmosphere.

Very uncomfortable beds, no pillows, sheets etc (you have to buy them), staff was ok. The toilets were dirty and smelled. The kitchen is large and well equipped. Good location near the central station. All in all, nothing special.

Add 5 Euros to have bed sheets otherwise expect bedbugs. The kitchen is huge, but the common area to work on you computer is too crammed. Location is great and Wifi worked well.

Security is a big question!!! there are no locks on door and any one can just get in to the rooms!!! i stayed in 12 bed dorm, the room was really dirty and it smells bad!

Well I don't know if you can expect much more from the cheapest hostel in the city. But I thought it was ridiculous that you had to RENT a pillow. I somehow understand that the bed sheets need to be rented if you don't have your own, but I would expect that pillow would be in the price of the room. Beds were squeegy, so bring earplugs ! It was very dimm in the room. Location was very good!

We stayed in the 60 bed dorm, which was pretty much as expected. The kitchen is very well equipped, but is often so dirty that it is frustrating to use. Responsibility for cleaning dishes could be enforced better. The hot water in the showers runs out during peak usage and there is absolutely nowhere to put clothes or towels unless your comfortable dressing in front of everyone. Even a hook or two would be nice. Each bedding item is charged separately, including sheets, pillows, and blankets

Very helpfull information disk/staff, and the cheapest place we have found to stay at in Copenhagen. We did have an uncomfortable experience with a really temperamental guest that had stayed there for two month. Also, we had the impression, from the online website, that if you brought your own sheets then pillows and duvé would be for free to borrow, which turned out not to be the case. Bathrooms and kitchen were really clean, and with a lot equipment in the kitchen, free to use.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

The hostel it's so, payed off, the price it's fine, all good!

Nice place , I like it

• 8th Aug 2014
  • El Salvador

+ Nice place to stay on a cheap budget, They have big lockers so you can fit your backpack in them and lock it up with a padlock, + Very lively atmosphere, you meet all kinds of different people and everyone is laid back - Extra costs for sheets and towels.

the big room were not noisy that i imagine, the atmosphere is really great, there a great kitchen, a backyard and foreyard.it is great place.

We had a great stay at the City Public Hostel. Though the beds were a bit soft for my liking but it was not a serious problem. Overall impression of the hostel was good. Fully equipped kitchen and a cosy backyard for eating breakfast. A big lawn outside in front of the hostel, very nice! Toilettes and showers were clean. And no curfew so you could come and go as you like. Thanks for a great stay CPH!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

We were in a huge room but it was not bad at all. It is like many rooms for 4 people seperated from the others. However, the showers were not so great and the staff was stressed and not always there..

I stayed at the 66-bed room, and each bed costs like 18 euros, and that they don't provide beddings that I don't understand. They make loads of money, it'll be super nice if they start doing so from next summer. Kitchen is really good.

I really enjoyed my time in that lovely hostel. I recommend that hostel for backpackers who like to safe money and be in a nice atmosphere to meet new people. For my next Copenhagen-Trip I would choose the same hostel again. :-)

I've been there for three nights in three different rooms coz it was full those days And i was travelling with two friends. The 66-bed bedroom was the biggest surprise coz it s not that bad afterall , it was even better than the 22-bed room! In general the atmosphere is good and relaxed, with sofas and tables outside where you can meet other travellers. The staff is really nice and helpful. It could have been cleaner in the showers. The position is quite good , not far from the central station.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5