City Public Hostel Reviews

Absalonsgade 8, Copenhagen, Denmark

1932 Total Reviews

The 66 bed dorm is not bad at all- bring earplugs! Beds were comfortable enough and the lockers right next to the beds were a bonus. The staff is really nice, and here is always somebody around. The added cost for bedding is really expensive however. The kitchen is huge and clean, and there is tons of space inside and outside for hanging out. The wifi is fast, and it's close to the train station.

Some reviews make this place out to be a hell-hole but I didn't see that at all. It was actually one of the more pleasant hostel stays we've had. The showers were the only thing that needed better cleaning. The lockers in the room were a little small and our combination locks couldn't fit in the handle. Nbd though, we just used the ones in the downstairs locker room. Back courtyard was beautiful but closed at 10 pm so we just moved to the front. Location is right in the middle of Vesterbro.

We arrived at the hostel at 6am. We're not welcome at all. I asked for early check-in but it was not accepted. We had to pay full night stay. And we also had to pay extra 60 DKK for pillow, blanket and bed sheet! I've never seen such thing before. Hostel staff are only taking care of money, it is not friendly at all. Other things are not more than average.

Not enough showers and toilets for the amount of people staying there. Also £15 would have been a good price if you didn't have to pay another £10 each for bedding, meaning the value for money was very poor. The atmosphere was mellow.

66-room is suprisingly fine, especially if - like me - you were barely ever in the hostel.

It's cheap for Sweden, but not for having to share a room with 59 others...

Good part is kitchen full of equipment. Bad part is not so safety there. I lost my wallet there. They don't provide pillow and blanket also if you dont rent it.

Good location with a reasonable price. Only thing that bothers me slightly is they don't provide pillow and duvet. Atmosphere is perfect and you will always have a chance to meet new friends here.

- no security to get into the premises or rooms - lockers too small to even fit the smallest of bags - dirty everywhere - beds so close to the top bunk you cannot sit up - huge lack of facilities, showers on a different floor to rooms and communal - maximum of two plug sockets in a 12 bed dorm, very few throughout the rest of the hostel - 25 minute walk into the centre, very little in the surrounding area We checked out after one night and found somewhere else. Avoid this place

• 22nd Aug 2015

Very nice hostel, close to the main train station (10min walk) located in a nice street and has nice staff

didn't realise I had booked into a refugee camp. No locks to get into the rooms. Bunks beds were two single beds nailed together absolutely no room to move. And very over priced for what you get!!! Would not recommend any one to ever stay here !!!!!

Get what you pay for here, it was good enough for one night for me.

Stayed in the 66 bed dorm which sounds horrendous at first, but after reading the reviews (which were right), it wasn't bad at all. Stayed for four nights, didn't bother purchasing the extra linen which was a ripoff. Not enough showers for the amount of people, and you have to go up the next floor and down the corridor which wasn't very convenient. Showers were also not the cleanest. No plugs in rooms which means everyone is fighting for one in the common areas. Location was good though.

Convenient location and open 24/7 Staff very helpful

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

As another guest said: "It's more like a refugee camp than a hostel." It's expensive, sheets are an extra almost 10 euro (so add that to the price) it's incredibly dirty, the bathrooms ran out of toilet paper (for 12 hours) there is ZERO security unless you have a very specific type of lock for the small lockers. Outlets are hard to come by. Staff clearly weren't taking care of the place. Overall, I would highly recommend paying more for somewhere else. It's not worth it here.

Ladders are needed to climb on a bunk bed!!! People cannot be safe by using a weak cheap Ikea stool to reach their bed! There are not enough hangers for clothes or towels in both bedrooms and bathrooms. How can one hang their towel on the shower curtain? It would surely get wet! The sinks? When did you wash them the last time?

Just don't.

+ great kitchen and common areas - not very clean in bathrooms and toilets ~ 66 dorm not as bad as it sounds - incompetent staff checked us out one day to early! ~ but offered "emergency bed" in basement + obviously cheapest price in copenhagen

• 16th Aug 2015

I spent just 1 night. Didn't use kitchen. Value for money. Nothing I can complaint about.

I stayed for one night and it was enough. I had the top bunk of a bed and it would squeak with every tiny movement felt like the bed was going to break. The doors were loud going into and out of the room. Showers and sinks were filthy but a spotless kitchen. Luggage storage was handy and staff were friendly. Would stay again for one night because it's so cheap compared to everything else.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6