City Public Hostel Reviews

Absalonsgade 8, Copenhagen, Denmark

A very good hostel! I don't really have any complains. The showers were clean, there is a well equipped kitchen, a cozy closed yard. And it is VERY cheap compared to the very central location. I will be coming back! (so sad that its only open 3 or 4 months of the year) The matresses are a little hard though.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Each bunk had their own locker you needed a padlock for. Sleeping in the 66 bed dorm was a much better experience that I expected. Sheets cost 60dkk and I slept without them, but I can recommend them. Wi-fi worked in the whole 66 dorm and the lobby very well and was quite fast. Showers were functional and warm. Overall a great experience for cheap, one-night stay in Copenhagen.

not far from the train station, excellent facilities (really neat kitchen, nice gardens). I stayed in the 66 bed dorm and it's surprisingly quiet and comfortable. they have partitions all over the place to give a good degree of privacy. no sockets inside rooms though, so you have to charge your stuff outside but who's to complain at this price?

it is a very nice hostel, you can find different solution with different price and the position is very good.

• 26th Jun 2015

There were stolen 2 bags when I was there. That was a little bit worrying. Bigger lockers would be good or keycard to the rooms. Showers are a little bit "open". No changing possibility in the shower itself.

It was a good hostel but the matresses were in a very bad conditions also the security was next to 0. Many bags were were stolen and even from the storage but the management has no intention to secure the place.

At first we were worried it would be a loud party hostel, but the staff was great at reigning in any rowdy guests. It was very clean, lights out was well enforced, and we felt comfortable leaving our backpacks there all day, even in the 66-bed dorm facility.

The best of the hostel was the treatment of the staff, always smiling and ready to help you.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Spain

nice kitchen to use and located just 10 mins walk from the main train station. theres a free locker to use, u just need ur own lock.

I really don't like to say something bad about this hostel as everything was OK, but I can't disregard this fact that they should also respect the rights and privacy of their guests. I booked a bed in 6 bed female dorm and early in the morning noticed a BOY! was packing and leaving the room!! As I came back late in the night, I didn't notice they located a boy, neither any other girls realized. I consider it a kind of betray! Anything else was OK. Big and clean kitchen, toilet, bath,good place

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

One of the best hostels I ever been

You get what you pay for, rooms weren't big, no ladders for bunk beds and shower curtains seemed see through but it's a place to stay with a decent kitchen and we met people in common area to go out with so overall not a bad place to stay. Good atmosphere when we stayed for a weekend.

Location was good, close to train station. But check in was a nightmare took over 1.5hour...Arrived at 10:40 when the staff asked me to wait until 11 because his shift ends then and he has to close and wait for the next guy. Then at 11, a whole bunch of other guests are there to check in and I didn't actually get to speak to the staff until 11:30, where then they tell me my bed cannot be found. After another 10 minutes, they assign me a bed only to tell me that's the wrong bed 10 minutes later.

When I arrived it was clear there was some kind of error made by the staff in booking. They were trying to desperate me and my friends into different rooms all though are reservations clearly had the same room. The management was able to fix it, but imagine my surprise later that night when j walked into someone using my bed. Overall it seemed like they didn't have there act together because when we first arrived we walked in on police taking a report on luggage that was stolen.

• 19th Jun 2015

The hostel was relatively simple, but it suited our needs excellently compared to the price. The staff was very polite and everything went very smooth.

• Norway

Very nice, big place with an amazing kitchen and garden. The atmosphere was not too personal because of that, but all together, a good location close to the center and worth a stay.

• 18th Jun 2015

Staff were really helpful and hostel had a good atmosphere.

• 18th Jun 2015

I wonder why people feel disturbed during stay here, well actually when I stayed here I felt so comfy. No crowded there and very comfy. I was in bed early around 23 and just woke up at 3 because a girl just came in but afterwards I never found any problem during stay here. Bathroom are less privacy which was so far okay for me as long as only women allowed there. Concierge guy was really informative and kind

• anilatavisha
  • Indonesia

Good hostel, nice facilities and staff!

• 17th Jun 2015

We had a good night sleep in the 66-bed dorm, which was nice and surprisingly quiet.

« first « Prev 1 2 3