City Public Hostel Reviews

Absalonsgade 8, Copenhagen, Denmark

Although its seems to be made for students, students are not pigs, very dirty, no sheets available, no keys in the rooms, very bad showers, bad internet, I would say that the only kind of good thing is the kitchen. Needs a lot of work.

Really cheap hostel, more like a city shelter than a traveling hostel. Bunch of weird people, no "hosting" feeling at all, its more like "you're paying for a shelter to sleep on".

City Hostel is located in a great spot near the train and bus stations and entrance to the Old City. It was very clean, very quiet, and had an awesome breakfast. I would definitely stay here again!

This hostel was over-crowded, dirty, uncomfortable and terrible value for money.

This hostel was the biggest that I have ever been to. I booked cheapest one which was 18€. They didn't even give us pillowes. The pillow and blankets were extra. Wifi did Not worked well. It often has been disconnected. It was hard to use internet. They didn't even write in hostelworld.com saying the hostel gonna be closed till 2014. We did not know!! Receptionist repeated "we wrote that in our website. It has be written there for whole year" What the hell??? Do i have to check ur site aswell?

Worst hostel ever! First of all, there's only three shower for over 160 people; second, the staff couldn't care less of your need, what they did best is collecting the money! Then, there is no place to charge in the room, people have to find places to charge in the common area, which is unacceptable since there are over 160 people in the hostel! Would not recommend this, just add a few more Euro for a better place!

I thought this was one of the worst hostels I have stayed in. I did not find it clean, my mattress sagged so much I thought I might fall on the bottom bunk, and the fact that you need to pay for a blanket, and pillow on top of what you have already paid is ridiculous. The internet often did not work so I spent more money in coffee shops trying to find a place to live. The worst was that the hostel closed 3 days after I arrived and I was provided no notice when booking in advance or check-in.

wifi hardly ever worked, or only in the morning.

moldiness in shower (basement)

Was in the 66 bed dorm, slept well actually but ear plugs were prety helpful. Heads up, the hostel closes the last few days of august and there wasn't any notice until the night before. Otherwise the staff was good and facilities decent

To get in the hostel is really easy, also for people who don't belong there. Only the front door has a code (between 1 and 5 am) further the doors till the sleeping rooms don't have any lock. When we stayed there, someone came in and stole at least from 7 people passport/phone and/or wallet. The staff did not do anything, the people who got robbed came in the rooms to warn us and to tell us that we had to check if our stuff was still there. The staff could have act better I think..

• 26th Aug 2013

It is a very nice hostel, sadly it is not very secured, you don't have key to the room. The morning we left the hostel some other occypants lost their passport and mobile phone, both inside the room and the shower.

Staff was very king and helpfull. Lack of security. Internet access was very difficult. Clean and organized.

Generally fine in a costly city like Copenhagen.

The wireless (Internet) in the hostel is hard to connect. Because the internet bandwidth is too small that many people can't access the internet. It's very inconvenient for backpackers.

Nice hostel close to the city centre with facilities and excellent staff.

It has got a big lawn where everyone hangs out at night. It's close to the main bars. It's really nice to meet new people!

They need more lockers (big ones) in the basement. All of them are occupied. I have been there twice and it's the same story. The staff is very helpful. The new toilets are clean and nice. Being close to the central station, the location is the best.

Very nice hostel, friendly staff etc. Couple of improvements needed: Get a few more showers, not enough for that many guests; and bedside lamps are needed, particularly in such big dorms where the lights get turned off and on early. It's slightly annoying when you have no light when going to bed at night and then people have to turn the big light on in the morning, waking up those who are hungover and want to sleep. Aside from these minor issues I would definitely stay again. Great location.

At the end of summer, it's where all the students looking for accomodation for the next semester/year. It's all packed, but people are very friendly and nice. Definietely worth paying a bit more to get a 22/32 room instead of the 66 dorm ! I tried both, and it's much more quiet in the smallest ones. But it's actually not so bad considering you have 65 roomates. I was expecting worth. Only a few showers (4 males showers for a 200 people hostel), but I never had to queue tho.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7