City Public Hostel Reviews

Absalonsgade 8, Copenhagen, Denmark

Nice place , I like it

• 8th Aug 2014
  • El Salvador

+ Nice place to stay on a cheap budget, They have big lockers so you can fit your backpack in them and lock it up with a padlock, + Very lively atmosphere, you meet all kinds of different people and everyone is laid back - Extra costs for sheets and towels.

the big room were not noisy that i imagine, the atmosphere is really great, there a great kitchen, a backyard and foreyard.it is great place.

We had a great stay at the City Public Hostel. Though the beds were a bit soft for my liking but it was not a serious problem. Overall impression of the hostel was good. Fully equipped kitchen and a cosy backyard for eating breakfast. A big lawn outside in front of the hostel, very nice! Toilettes and showers were clean. And no curfew so you could come and go as you like. Thanks for a great stay CPH!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

We were in a huge room but it was not bad at all. It is like many rooms for 4 people seperated from the others. However, the showers were not so great and the staff was stressed and not always there..

I stayed at the 66-bed room, and each bed costs like 18 euros, and that they don't provide beddings that I don't understand. They make loads of money, it'll be super nice if they start doing so from next summer. Kitchen is really good.

I really enjoyed my time in that lovely hostel. I recommend that hostel for backpackers who like to safe money and be in a nice atmosphere to meet new people. For my next Copenhagen-Trip I would choose the same hostel again. :-)

I've been there for three nights in three different rooms coz it was full those days And i was travelling with two friends. The 66-bed bedroom was the biggest surprise coz it s not that bad afterall , it was even better than the 22-bed room! In general the atmosphere is good and relaxed, with sofas and tables outside where you can meet other travellers. The staff is really nice and helpful. It could have been cleaner in the showers. The position is quite good , not far from the central station.

I was charged for every single thing, even things one would expect to be a part of accommodation such as a pillow, a duvet, towel and so on. I was very disappointed. One of the staff was rude but the other was very helpful, despite being a quite person. I have a very mixed impression from that hostel. It's one of the cheapest places in CPS, BUT if I knew I will be charged for the bedding, I would have chosen anoter place to stay, perhaps cheaper. But it's in a quiet location, paradoxally.

Some of the staff members were super laid back and easy going. That made me feel at home. Kitchen and lobby were both just fine, just like the restrooms downstairs. Upstairs the toilets and showers (at least the women's) were not too clean. I found it a big plus that there was a frontyard with some tables and a lawn where you could sit and chill. Also a smaller garden in the back. Not too convenient: in the dorms weren't so many points to charge your phone / laptop, etc.

• 31st Jul 2014

Great place to stay--even the 66-person dorm feels relatively private, because they have the beds divided into cubicles of 4, people are friendly and courteous, the bathrooms are clean, and the location is convenient to the main train station. Internet works pretty decently compared to other European hostels--it reaches to the dorms.

Honestly, the only reason I would ever stay here is because I needed a one night cheap accommodation in Copenhagen. It wasn't awful but there was nothing good about it. Beds were cramped, security was lacking, showers were bad, staff was pretty rude. Had to pay extra for sheets etc. The one good thing was the location and the kitchen. If all you need is a bed this is the cheapest you'll find but if you have higher expectations go elsewhere.

I needed a place to crash for one night, and it was the best choice for that. Copenhagen is very expensive, this hostel makes in possible to spend a night without breaking the bank. Besides that it is nothing to write home about.

Staff are extremely helpful. The lower beds don't have a lot of headroom, but overall are okay. Lots of open public spaces lead to a relaxed atmosphere.

The staff are definitely the highlight of this place, the rooms were a bit full on with so many people and of course bedding costs extra. There are no powerpoints or wifi in the room which was a bit inconvenient if you want to charge your phone as you have to do it behind the desk or in common room. It was in a good spot though and again staff awesome :)

Stayed in the suprisingly quiet 66 bed dorm. Bads were a bit crappy. The generaly ok stay in the was overshadowed by being woken up by the staff to check out even though I was booked for another night... followed by being marched to the reception, waiting in my underwear as theywent about their buisness, and getting a completelyreaction when they reliazed they were indeed mistaken.

Good value for your money. Within walking distance to most of the town, as long as you are not in a hurry. Great kitchen and old but clean toilets.

The rooms are extremely dirty and insecure. I can't believe that there is no key for the rooms! Plus, bathrooms and showers are very dirty. There is no elevator and stairs are too narrow to carry a bag. It is just not worth paying that much money for such a bad hostel. I spent only 6 hours in there but it is more than enough. Many thanks!!

Good hostel, stayed in a 10 bed dorm and heard that the 66 is really annoying, lights on at 8am. Recommended to solo travelers too.

I stayed in the 66 person room which was ok. The bed wasnt the best but nothing to complain about out. A 15 minute walk from anything you would want to see. The staff could be a little bit fussy as I woke up multiple times hearing them talk very loudly in the morning at guests who had done something wrong. The WC areas were ok, nothing special. The kitchen looked good but only had 8 burners for the 100 guests so I had to wait 2 hours before I could cook but I was reading a book while I waited