City Public Hostel Reviews

Absalonsgade 8, Copenhagen, Denmark

Stayed in the suprisingly quiet 66 bed dorm. Bads were a bit crappy. The generaly ok stay in the was overshadowed by being woken up by the staff to check out even though I was booked for another night... followed by being marched to the reception, waiting in my underwear as theywent about their buisness, and getting a completelyreaction when they reliazed they were indeed mistaken.

Good value for your money. Within walking distance to most of the town, as long as you are not in a hurry. Great kitchen and old but clean toilets.

The rooms are extremely dirty and insecure. I can't believe that there is no key for the rooms! Plus, bathrooms and showers are very dirty. There is no elevator and stairs are too narrow to carry a bag. It is just not worth paying that much money for such a bad hostel. I spent only 6 hours in there but it is more than enough. Many thanks!!

Good hostel, stayed in a 10 bed dorm and heard that the 66 is really annoying, lights on at 8am. Recommended to solo travelers too.

I stayed in the 66 person room which was ok. The bed wasnt the best but nothing to complain about out. A 15 minute walk from anything you would want to see. The staff could be a little bit fussy as I woke up multiple times hearing them talk very loudly in the morning at guests who had done something wrong. The WC areas were ok, nothing special. The kitchen looked good but only had 8 burners for the 100 guests so I had to wait 2 hours before I could cook but I was reading a book while I waited

Had a good stay, keep on going!

• 24th Jul 2014

The security wasn't very good as really anyone could walk in despite the fact that they have a code, but everyone is just walking in and out so nobody pays attention really. But wasn't scared because its in a fine area. I'm sure nothing would happen.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Worth the money, got upgrated to a better room free of charge.

Good vibes! Great chats!

It is the cheapest hostel in copenhagen and you have a bed and hot showers which is the most important.

The staff was great, but the security seemed lacking.

Nice staff and good management, the 66 beds dorm was surprisingly nice, the kitchen is amazing, good value for your money. The only downside is that the showers and beds could be better but not a big drawback.

I stayed in the giant 66 person room, and the beds were separated into cubicles of 2 bunk bed each. The environment at the hostel was great and I meet many people and went out with them. The showers aren't anything to boast about. I didn't take a shower for the two days I was there. Ick. I just couldn't bring myself to do that. Anyhow, you have to pay for the linnens for the bed. There are lockers to put your stuff right next to your bunk which felt safe to me. The staff was super fair and nice

Tried the 66 bed dorm room for one night for fun. It's gross. But okay to sleep. The stuff there were awesome!

At first, it took us a while to get service, but otherwise the hostel had everything you would expect from a hostel, but nothing too special.

City public Hostel have been one of my greatest stay in a hostel ever. Both staff and the guests made this a place to relax, enjoy, and really get the energy to experience Copenhagen. The location of the hostel also made every trip around town a short but intresting trip. The kitchen large and well-equipped and really felt clean. The only area that could have done with some more cleaning is perhaps the toilets but also really good compared to others. Rooms good, but beds creak a lot! 96% good!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Very nice place to stay a few days, with many things near by. It has an excelent shared kitchen and good people. Just keep your important things inside the lock, and other luggage on the luggage room and security problems, shouldn't be an issue to you.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Really expensive, beds were uncomfortable and top bunks didn't have a ladder, showers were terrible and not enough, toilets needed more cleaning. However kitchen was really good. There were no codes on the doors or keys, anyone could just walk into anywhere.

Sleeping in the 66 bed dorm was better than I imagined, the beds are in groups of four. I was able to sleep as well as anywhere else. The atmosphere is nice, lots of travellers and the yard has benches and grass for chilling around. Toilets and showers were dirty (especially shower room). Other than that, great value (nice location).

This was a great place to stay. I stayed twice, once in a 6-bed female only dorm, and then in the mixed 66-bed dorm, and both were good experiences. The larger dorm has dividers set up, grouping the beds in 4s, so it feels more private than you'd expect. The place is clean, the other guests are friendly and considerate, staff is helpful, and the wifi is good (though does not like the iPhone mail app). I would certainly stay here again.