City Public Hostel Reviews

Absalonsgade 8, Copenhagen, Denmark

It's cheap and worth the money you pay for it, for sure (in a good way.) Security is a bit lacking -- the luggage room is not locked at all, so you have to be a little careful about that. You have to pay extra for linens and such too, so keep that in mind. But great location, and that's mostly what matters to me. Near the central station.

The security is poor given that the rooms have no key. Anyone can enter the rooms and steal whatever he wants (same for the locker room). The mattress of the bed is falling in pieces (some springs are missing, when I sat on my bed I nearly fell on the floor through the mattress). There is only one light in the 12-bedded rooms, shines poorly in the room is therefore of no use. There is only 1 european plug for 12 beds. Bathrooms disgusting and not convenient (towel racks far from showers)

• 23rd Aug 2013

Hey ! My bed clothes on my mattress smell a little humidity, the other people in the room were not respectful (noise and music when other people are sleeping), a room with 22 other people isn't the good choice to sleep well.. The shower curtain in the women shower on the 1st floor should be changed , and there is nothing to hang our stuff near the shower and that is not so good. The rest was ok.

• 23rd Aug 2013

The staff is really nice.I LOVE them.Please tip them more.

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • Taiwan

the 66 bed is exactly how you would imagine it ... but that being said ... its the cheapest hostel in Copenhagen and does a good job if your there to be out and about.

For the fee charged, it was a long way behind other large city hostels I've stayed in. The dorm was tiny, 6 beds in a space 4 would have been crowded in.

Thank you for working to make my staying pleasurable!

I had a very good experience according to its price! It was all good, nothing bad happened, the guys that work there have been very nice and helpful and the position is very good (not so far from the city centre, about 10-15 mins walking), so I would definitely reccomend it!

Cheapest bed in Copenhagen. Nice enough place to stay for a day or two. Hostel can feel crowded though.

very excellent!

• 18th Aug 2013

It was so nice. I think if you want to search the cheap room, then this is for you perfect.

It's a bit out of town, approx. 10 min of walking. You have to pay if you want a pilliw and sheets... And in the big dorm, there's 30 people so you can have a lot of noise (snoring) BUT staff is really nice and facilities too!

• 17th Aug 2013

Not bad, expecially for location... When I was here, I have booked two beds in the dorm of 66.. It was full and quite noisy.. Good place to meet other backpackers..

nice place to stay in copenaghen, with more common places to talk with other would be even better. at the same time most of the people is too busy with their pc ou phones to engage a conversation...

• 16th Aug 2013

Very kind location. Also 66 dorms was a good place to sleep. I don't kow how they do but bathrooms and showers were clean every moment.

Need to pay 50kr for pillow and bed linen... The rooms doors are not locked at all... Others ok... It's cheap!

the location is good, the staff are very nice, and it's really cheap. I love the kitchen! BUT... the matt is extremely dirty! please please clean it.

Pretty cheap in Copen compare with others, but still not really nice to stay longer. Exclude sheets, quilt, only a bed is provided, better bring your own. Anyway, it is a good place if you are looking for a cheap place to stay.

We stayed for two nights in a 22-bed dorm. This place is ok but nothing special. Cleanliness is good, though some of the bathroom facilities are in need of renovations. The kitchen was big and tidy which is fantastic if you're on a tight budget. The location is on walking distance from the main plaza - at least if you don't have a problem with walking. Though it seems unlikely, the 22 and 66 bed dorms do offer some privacy. It's cheap.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Sweden

I do not really know what to say! 1) I did NOT receive the roome I booked! 2) I wasn't able to pay with my credit card or with my EC card! 3) The reception guy was the only guy I met in Copenhagen who wasn't able to speak english! 4) There has been no secuirty at all, my food was stolen twice! 5) The Shower and the toilett was dirty. 6) The bed was smelly. 7) I paid a fortune compared to other hostels. Do NOT sleep there!!!