City Public Hostel Reviews

Absalonsgade 8, Copenhagen, Denmark

Good hostel, I liked the fact that they are not-for-profit, with all profits going to run the youth club attached to the building.

Kitchen was awesome, and the reception was very helpful in finding ways around the city. However, the bed was not equipped with a stair, giving those shorter a hard time climbing. And the shower room was not eqipped with hooks, making it a little bit inconvenience.

66 bed dorm was great considering I was apprehensive about the number of people in one room. Staff were good and a pleasant stay. My bed was on the side,right under the air conditioning, so I was freezing but when I mentioned to reception they gave me a blanket free of charge so I was happy!

It's the cheapest hostel in Copenhagen and that's pretty much the only positive thing about it. I've slept in 25 people dorms before but the lack of fresh air was very disturbing and disgusting. When you came in the dorm at night the air tasted like people's breaths. Beds were too small (i'm just 1,82 m) and the most uncomfortable i've slept on in my 2 years travelling. I didn't dare take a shower, the facilities were so ridiculously old and dirty. Not worth that money (but it's Denmark...

We were 3 people who stayed for 1 night in a 12-man room. The overall standard of the hostel is good, with friendly and helpful staff and a very good location. There were however some minor issues. The beds were extremely noisy, which was not too convenient when people went in and out of bed at different times, and the toilet and showers could have been better cleaned. Still, given the price this is an overall nice hostel. Good for a one night stay.

Location is easy to find and close to the central station is an interesting hostel, they have the 60 beds dorm room, this hostel is as good as it gets, great Wifi which is important, you do have to pay extra for your sheets, some dooms are really built in small cubicles so sometimes it gets crowed but overall is a cool and unique hostel with large lounges and plenty of kitchen space outdoor areas for people to hang out.

I don't really want to talk about it...

This is a very basic hostel that looks like just a place for a overnight. It isn't that secure once anyone can get in, even in the rooms. Its location and value for money are its greatest advantages only.

It's in the very heart of Copenhagen, and that means you can reach by walking almost every interesting place in the city... The quality of beds and of rooms in general is not bad, worth the money I'd say. What really annoyed me was the extremely bad wi-fi connection and the fact that after midnight was kind of an anarchy... People screaming, smoking and drinking... More surveillance needed!

• 10th Jun 2014

We were here because 1.Copenhagen was the cheapest place to fly to and 2. This was the cheapest hostel. The kitchen was great - very large and an excellent opportunity to save over overpriced local food. The staff were also very helpful and informative about fun/interesting things to see and do outside of the ordinary.

We spent one night at City Public Hostel. The worst of the hostel was the cleaning. Bathrooms are dirty and the showers were a little broken. The best was the location because you can walk everywhere from there. Also the big kitchen has all the facilities and stuffs. From my point of view City Public Hostel is very expensive if you compare the quality and price. They need to rebuild many parts of the building.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Spain

I stayed there for one night on my last day in Copenhagen. The staffs were really nice. But other than the staffs, I don't think I have other things to recommend. The 22 bed-dorm was really cramped and dark, without windows. The ladies toilet was very dirty. They have a kitchen, but there's no kitchen utensils, so basically it was useless. I know this hostel is the cheapest compared to others, expecting a wonderful stay might be too much, but at least they can make it cleaner.

Great hostel, surprisingly the 66 bed dorm was very private having 4 beds to a booth in sectioned off areas of a huge room. Theres also a big well equipt kitchen. There's a huge lawn to sit on in the sunshine and the staff were very helpful. Only downfall is there were very few power outlets around the place so phones and laptops all had to be charged in the common room. A clean hostel close to the train station. Would stay there again.

There is for lock for the room. You have to pay extra money for the quilts and the pillows. The bathroom is awkward because instead of having a private room, you have to get naked in the public room before you go into the shower.

The only downside is that there are no plug sockets in the bedrooms. Other than that it's a great hostel.

• 5th Jun 2014

Really nice, big clean kitchen. I stayed in the 66 bed dorm, which I wouldn't recommend if you're a light sleeper. The showering facilities were average/clean enough. It was a little bit annoying that I couldn't charge my phone next to my bed, but that's to be expected in such a huge dorm.

The big dorm was not very crowded and it was ok. Very good location and very clean. The kitchen is great! Lots of space.

THE DORM ROOM WITH 60 BEDS LOOKS LIKE A REFUGEE CAMP AND IT DOES NOT ! REALLY DESERVE THE MONEY WHAT THEY TAKES FOR THAT. IT SHOULD BE LESS THAN 10 EUROS PER NIGHT!

Right in the center, excellent location. Great kitchen and storage. Good if you wanna party and meet new people!

The staff is very friendly and always cooperative for answering questions. Location is good and walking takes about 15-20 min to center, but it is worth to walk and seeing through. There are many possibilities for buying meals or Restaurants. In the hostel it is possible to cook, but i did not cook.