City Public Hostel Reviews

Absalonsgade 8, Copenhagen, Denmark

Expensive bbut OK.

We slept in the 66-bed dorm which was surprisingly comfortable and quiet during the night. For one night this hostel was fine but I definitely would not stay longer. Asking money for bed linen is not good, I can understand deposit but not for paying. Thankfully we had sleeping bags with us. The men's toilets were in horrible condition most of the time, at one point of 4 toilets only 1 was working. There were also spider webs everywhere which tells that the hostel is not cleaned very carefully.

Good hostel. Nice staff. But the beds where horrible.

• 8th Aug 2015

Please clean your bathrooms! And the fact that there's only one toilet for each floor is not that nice..

You get what you pay. The bunk beds are very short, so you can feel the presence of the guy sleeping above you, not the best place to stay, but cheap for being Denmark. I really hate that you have to pay extra for your linen. That is so stingy, you should rise the price of the hostel and include the linen.......otherwise it feels you guys are fooling the system. There was a guy behind the bench who was not working and it was very unfriendly...don't stay there if you are not working...@^#$

I was first afraid of not sleeping cause I was in the 66 beds doorm, but I slept pretty well. The doorm is seperated in small compartments of 4 beds, which reduces the noise. Bring some ear plugs and you will sleep properly. Also, make sure to have either a sleeping bag or linens, they rent them for about 8€ otherwise. Facilities were good, big kitchen and close to the center town. Really enjoyed my stay there!

My bed was broken and the door to our room wouldn't completely close. There was some random guy sleeping in the sofa outside the room permanently.

• 5th Aug 2015

Justs ok, 66 bed room wasn't properly equipped, it should be refurbished.

This hostel was incredibly noisy at night with people outside talking all night. Really there should be a curfew on talking as no one gets any sleep. It was a little on the dirty side but not horrible. I spent the next night sleeping in the airport. It was quieter! Won't stay there again and I stay at many big city hostels.

The hostel is 15 minutes off the city centre, which is quite ok. However, the 66 rooms were too small for the number of people inside, and too dirty. Beds are extremely close to each other. Definitely, 18 euros for a room like this is too much. Plus, they don't even have a plug in the rooms, so if you want to charge your phone you must wait sitting on a sofa in the hall.

Very good located, loved the lobby area and the little yard outside. Staff was friendly and wifi workef really good! Didnt like the fact that you could not pay with card - could have been mentioned before. Over all a very nice hostel for that price!

It's an okay hostel, pretty sweet kitchen. Beds are basic and not the most comfortable. Very few showering/washing facilities for how many people are here. Not many charging facilities. Wifi is good. Security is a small locker, can't fit our rucksack in. You have to buy linens, padlocks etc. Be prepared to meet wierdos and perverts and lots of kids. There's a lot of them, Not a good place for solo travellers I think.

The issues with the facilities were that the beds were very shaking and loud, my bed springs appeared to be partly broken and the mattress just dipped in the middle. The window in our room (the only one that would open) was broken and would only stay open if propped. The room got quite warm and stuffy as a result despite not being hot outside. I also was very annoyed to pay $10 for bedding. The good: the large kitchen, outdoor areas, close to the train station.

This hostel is really not worth the cash. Not that backpackers on a budget have an alternative really, but I don't recommend it.

The place is nice, not very far from the downtown. For the price you pay, it's way worse than many hotel hostels or budget hotels. The most annoying thing was having to pay almost 50% more for pillow and blankets. Not nice.

No lock for the door There still was someone's hair on my bed Only one bowl in the kitchen

The 66-bed dorm is just fine, the kitchens are amazing! It's located close to one of the main streets. It can be very full and overbooked in the weekends though, watch out for that. Staff is nice and tries to make it up for you. Nice back- and frontyards. The male shower in the basement was a little too dirty, female showers were fine. Nice for a few days.

The hostel was really cheap, but the bed linen were quite expensive, 60 Danish krones per bed. The only possibility to charge your phone is in the lobby, but there are many sockets, so it isn't actually a thing to worry about. The staff listened to good music! The use of computer cost like 10 krones per half an hour... But in the end the place was totally worth it, sleeping in the same room with 65 other people was not a problem at all. It was a well-organized place with a lot of travellers!

I was not informated by anyone that I had to pay extra due to my online payment. Futhermore they stole some of my stuff like bedshits, towels etc and the environment looked pretty risky to leave your things in your bed.It looked like it was a matter of time that your private belongings would be easily stolen or lost and you wouldn't be compensated for that.In conclusion I would prefer better facilities, with clean and safer beds(you couldn't sleep on them easily)

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Greece

Extremely poor security. There is only a keycode for the front entrance but no locks on any of the room doors, which is appalling. Bed linen was also a considerable amount extra. Thankfully lockers are provided, but I can't recommend this as a good place to stay.