City Public Hostel Reviews

Absalonsgade 8, Copenhagen, Denmark

It is really good value for the price, I was staying at the 66 bed dorm, there are cubicles with 4 beds so its actually more private than many 10 bed or 12 bed dorms you will see, facilities are large and spacious for everyone. 24/7 someone at the door, and they can recharge your electronics at reception. Luggage room also available anytime after you check out with cameras and lockers and everything. The place was cleaned, but not too well so lost some points there, but overall its a nice place.

The wifi was not consistent, and the showers were very communal (just small curtains) but other than that the staff was extremely helpful, nice and funny. The atmosphere was comfortable and the location was perfect, right by the train station, and within walking distance of everything!

For a hostel in Denmark(COSTLY ANYWAY), great for what you pay for. Was quite clean, guests were just messy(not dirty though). Staff was awesome. Even all the guests I met were totally cool and easy going. Awesome , though too short, time at CPH. Tell them "THANKS A MIL FOR A GREAT TIME WITH THEM" Yours, Ted

• 27th Jul 2013

The cheapest bed in Copenhagen - I'm pretty sure that the hostel beds had bed bugs or mites of some sort as I had all of the trademark bites. The problem here arises due to the budget bedding policy at city public. When travellers have to use their own bedding this gives rise to the possibility that they will bring over bed bugs. Given that its still over 15 euro for a night here I dont see how this is acceptable. In addition to this the 'vibe' in the communal area is pretty solemn.

The location couldn'tve been any better, but it's hard getting any sleep when people party outside till 3 AM...The windows had to be open as there was no AC. The bathrooms were also pretty dirty.

Very nice hostel, with a friendly and professional staff. We slept in a 66 bed room but it really didn't feel like that, since there were panels separating the beds in groups of four, so it felt private and safe.

The 66 bed dorm is OK. If inexpensive is what you are looking for (which we were), then in expensive Scandinavia it's decent. The kitchen is really nice, and there are lots of lovely places to sit outside. The location is great, a short walk from the train station and all other touristy things you will want to look at!

Location is a 10 minute walk to the city centre and a 5 minute walk to the supermarket. Communal kitchen and dining area and also a lounge area that were all good. Staff are nice, one guy plays good music in the reception/lounge area. 66 bed dorm is not as crazy as it sounds, it's separated into cubicles of 4 beds (=2 bunks) with lockers. There is a nice outdoor area to eat food and hang out, huge luggage room, and it's well stocked with pamphlets and maps for Copenhagen.

Generally a good hostel. It was much better than I had expected a 22-bed room hostel to be. My only problem was that there were guests who were making noise in the room in the middle of the night. I did not notify the front desk regarding the problem so I'm not faulting the hostel in any way.

• 18th Jul 2013
  • Singapore

Nice vibe.

It was ok for a night, I didn't really expect much in the 22 beds room but it was nice, they charge for the linien so I think they should specify that in the info. They exchange euro to the local currency which is good for an emergency

Filthy. Like really filthy. Hair all over the place, showers were disgusting. Speaking of showers, there were three mens showers for well over 100 guests. The location is great, the staff are nice, but it was pretty expensive and not clean at all.

We slept in the 66 bed room and it is totally OK but only for one night. Needless to say: bring earplugs!! The hostel's kitchen is very well equipped and big. Free+fast wi-fi in the lobby. Big shower area with dressing room. Staff is OK but they have a strange humor and they were a bit noisy in the night. A very negative point that beds don't have a pillow (we weren't even asked if we need one) so we slept on our jumper. If you wanna do CPH on budget definitely stay here!

A big, loud, dirty party hostel. If you are into that then great, enjoy your stay! What to expect: rude staff, dirty mattresses with suspicious stains, people not using linen, continuous late night renditions of `Wonderwall`; What NOT to expect: free linen, proper sized bunks, dark rooms, courteous guests, quiet nights, wifi in the room. I would not stay again, I like at least some sleep!

I stayed for 5 nights. The staff is great and helps with almost all Problems. Beds are ok. The volume level during sleeping times is average for a hostel (no loud noises all night long but also noch real silence). Showering during morning hours without much waiting time. Enough space for some privacy. About 15 minute-walk to inner-city. excellent shopping and groceries and good cafés for breakfast nearby.

• 13th Jul 2013

I stayed in the 66 bed dorm and it was just perfect! Really quiet, comfortable beds, lockers (you have to have a padlock). The kitchen was fully equipped as well and there was two cheap supermarkets nearby.

Arrived just after midnight and left the next morning to catch my train again. Staff was friendly when they helped me and the 2 people in line before me. Even though the rooms themselves weren't locked there were lockers where you could dump your stuff. My 85 liter stuffed to the brim backpack fit with a bit of squeezing, so they are spacious enough.

The hostel was nice enough, security wasn't good though with all doors open all day. No bed sheets, pillows or duvets which was a little odd, they can be purchased but its expensive. The location is good during the day. The dorms were very large. The 22 bed was full of school groups and the 66 bed actually looked more private.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the kitchen was completely equiped. I'll definitely go back there next time I'm in Copenhagen.

Loved this hostel. So far best one in Europe. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Homeless man wondered in to ask for beer. They were right there to make sure everything was okay. People were friendly, kitchen had everything needed was very clean and easy to use. Would definitely stay here again!!

• 11th Jul 2013