City Public Hostel Reviews

Absalonsgade 8, Copenhagen, Denmark

1904 Total Reviews

I really don't like to say something bad about this hostel as everything was OK, but I can't disregard this fact that they should also respect the rights and privacy of their guests. I booked a bed in 6 bed female dorm and early in the morning noticed a BOY! was packing and leaving the room!! As I came back late in the night, I didn't notice they located a boy, neither any other girls realized. I consider it a kind of betray! Anything else was OK. Big and clean kitchen, toilet, bath,good place

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

One of the best hostels I ever been

You get what you pay for, rooms weren't big, no ladders for bunk beds and shower curtains seemed see through but it's a place to stay with a decent kitchen and we met people in common area to go out with so overall not a bad place to stay. Good atmosphere when we stayed for a weekend.

Location was good, close to train station. But check in was a nightmare took over 1.5hour...Arrived at 10:40 when the staff asked me to wait until 11 because his shift ends then and he has to close and wait for the next guy. Then at 11, a whole bunch of other guests are there to check in and I didn't actually get to speak to the staff until 11:30, where then they tell me my bed cannot be found. After another 10 minutes, they assign me a bed only to tell me that's the wrong bed 10 minutes later.

When I arrived it was clear there was some kind of error made by the staff in booking. They were trying to desperate me and my friends into different rooms all though are reservations clearly had the same room. The management was able to fix it, but imagine my surprise later that night when j walked into someone using my bed. Overall it seemed like they didn't have there act together because when we first arrived we walked in on police taking a report on luggage that was stolen.

• 19th Jun 2015

The hostel was relatively simple, but it suited our needs excellently compared to the price. The staff was very polite and everything went very smooth.

• Norway

Very nice, big place with an amazing kitchen and garden. The atmosphere was not too personal because of that, but all together, a good location close to the center and worth a stay.

• 18th Jun 2015

Staff were really helpful and hostel had a good atmosphere.

I wonder why people feel disturbed during stay here, well actually when I stayed here I felt so comfy. No crowded there and very comfy. I was in bed early around 23 and just woke up at 3 because a girl just came in but afterwards I never found any problem during stay here. Bathroom are less privacy which was so far okay for me as long as only women allowed there. Concierge guy was really informative and kind

• anilatavisha
  • Indonesia

Good hostel, nice facilities and staff!

• 17th Jun 2015

We had a good night sleep in the 66-bed dorm, which was nice and surprisingly quiet.

Really enjoyed our stay at this hostel, great atmosphere and met some amazing people! A short walk into the centre and only 5 minutes from the train station. I would definitely stay here again and recommend!

• 13th Jun 2015

The hostel was nice except for the showers that were a little dirty. The beads are like in the military but I guess you cannot ask much for that price. They have big kitchen and in general the atmosphere is good. I would stay there again if Im under budget.

Hostel is nice and in a good location. We stayed in a room in a lot of beds in it, over 30. The bathrooms were clean.

Do not go in here expecting anything nice with your room. Beware of no age limit. There were lots of old people. And old people don't ways respect others in the room. The beds are pretty bad with spring sticking out and all but I actually got great rest here Bc of the boards of wood they use for privacy I guess but if you have someone else in your little bed area you are screwed. The kitchen is actually Great.

No security and staff aren't helpful at all.

It was great there were enough toilets around ;-) Would have been nice to be able to use the kitchen before 8.30 am. Also some power sockets near the beds would have been helpful.

• 7th Jun 2015

I wanna return here. Cheers!

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

City public hostel is centrally located. Its staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and it was a pleasure interacting with them. The wifi works very well and there are some cool places to hang out, both inside and outside. A few strange characters hanging around, and I thought that both the bathrooms and rooms could have had more hooks for hanging things like towels etc. The sinks in the bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner. All in all, a good stay!

We were warmly welcomed when we arrived. The location is superb, 10 minute walk to the train station, and excellent location if you want to experience the nightlife of the meat packing district. The place could have beent cleaner. Things to note, there is no key for the room), there are very limited plugs in the room, renting bedding includes pillow and duvet. Apart from that good hostel