City Resort Hostel Reviews

103-105 Palmer St Woolloomooloo, Sydney, Australia

Dirty hostel never go there

• 22nd Nov 2014

The hostel was fine for a few days but I couldn't stay there longer then a couple of nights. It was dirty and there are no lockers, if you're a hard core traveller it's fine but if you like the nicer hostels I wouldn't stay here. The location is good though, it's only a short walk to the opera house and bridge.

• 13th Nov 2014

The hostel is a mess, very different from (it means worse than) the pictures. The staff is great but the place is terrible. There are leaking sinks, cockroaches everywhere, dirty kitchens and floors that they have never cleaned. The location is great because you can go walking to the city, or take buses and trains. The worst backpacker I have ever been!! But I've got good friends there, at least.

• 10th Nov 2014

You really should'nt go there. I did'nt worried to much about the bad reviews as I am not fizzy at all. The door of my room had'nt had a lock, so everyone walked in and I always had my valueables with me. The floor was terrible dirty, the kitchen poor and the bathrooms as bad as everything else there. Just spend maybe $1 or $2 more and enjoy your stay somewhere else.

Public area like kitchen and bathroom are very dirty, kitchen is full of cockroaches, light in the bathroom is very dark, shower curtain is basically cover nothing, no locker in the room only two closet and unable to lock anything. Location is nice, easy to go around anywhere and is probably the most cheap place can be found in Sydney, not a bad choice for budget travelers but if you wish to live comfortably just forget about it

My room was really dirty. A lot of stains on the carpet, the colour came of the wall. If you want to have a quiet night then it's not the best hostel. But it only takes 20 min walk to the city

My friend left his bag on the bed just when he was getting ready to go to sleep and someone in the hostel took his cards out of his bag and went on a shopping trip. We didn't realise it had been taken till later cause they only took the card. So just be careful and don't leave your stuff in your room without locking it. Also the kitchen didn't have many facilities and the whole hostel didn't have a very good vibe . Only stayed there cause everywhere else was booked

the reception was closed at 08:30pm when they said it should be open until 10pm. they didnt clean the room for check-in, no pillows, no blankets, the room was smelling bad, the bathroom ensuite was terribly dirty, the shared bathroom and toilet is precarious, and have no stuff enough in the kitchen.