City Resort Hostel Reviews

103-105 Palmer St Woolloomooloo, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

The rooms were disgusting!! 2girls who were staying there for all ready a while made such a mess! :s old food everywhere, hair everywhere, kitchenette totally brook, spiders, cockrouches everywhere, ... The douches and toulets were also very very poor!! (Read: disgusting) you are dirtyer when you leave the showers than when you entered them!! Please AVOID room 5. The most disgusting girls I ever met live there!! Just AVOID this hostel!!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Very uncomfortable bed, wouldn't stay again or recommend it to any friends

• 22nd Feb 2014

Good location, 15 mins walk to the CBD and 10 mins to Kings Cross. Hygiene here is non-exsitant, Cockroaches everywhere, I counted 5 on just 1 wall in the kitchen within seconds, had them crawling up my leg whilst eating breakfast too. Mold, dirt and dust everywhere. Had to change my bed as soon as I arrived as it was covered in a bright orange substance... don't know what. Would not recommend unless you are desperate, but it is the cheapest you'll find and its a roof over your head.

This hostel is really not worth the money. Rooms are dirty, sheets look unwashed. All night long there is party going on, drunk and stoned people on the hallways. The whole house smells like grass. For someone who wants to get some sleep and enjoy his/her vacation it is definetely not the place to stay. After 5 horrible nights we finally went to another place for 10 more bucks per night and had an awesome time. horrible nights

• 25th Jan 2014

On a scale from 1-100, giving this hostel a 1 would be a huge compliment. Worst 5 days of my life. Worda can't even begin to describe how awful and disgusting this hostel is. Wouldn't stay there one more night even if I got 1 million dollars.

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel is not worth a dollar and it´s dirty everywhere. The rooms are such a mass and with two cleaners it is never gonna be clean at all. I would never come back to this hostel and you should really think about your policy and atmosphere.

We stayed at this hostel as we couldn't book anywhere else. From the moment we saw it we knew it was going to be awful and we weren't wrong. Everything is broken. The bathrooms are disgusting and in need of being refurbished. The organisation is absolutely shocking! I ended up covered in bed bug bites and had to be moved rooms. The staff are unfriendly and unhelpful- I can't blame them they get shouted at regularly from disgruntled customers. The hostel stinks of weed. Avoid room 8 at all costs

• 17th Nov 2013