City Resort Hostel Reviews

103-105 Palmer St Woolloomooloo, Sydney, Australia

Cockroaches, a broken window and horribly dirty bathrooms made for a pretty average stay. Only good thing about it was the cheap price!

• 27th Jul 2015

The cockroaches I can handle, the bathroom facilities are terrible when you shower the water spreads across the floor and most of the male showers offer little to no privacy.

• 31st May 2015

Didn't even check in! Arrived at the City resort hostel and I wouldn't send my worst enemy there! Looked like a drug den and was discusting. We had booked a 6 bed room for 6 people and room wasn't available, the receptionist offered 4 beds in one dorm and 2 beds in another room that they didn't have any keys for! We had to book alternative accommodation as the we refused to stay in a room which we didn't have a key for! Would defiantley not recommend this hostel to anyone, avoid at all cost!

• 22nd May 2015

Although the hostel is good value for money the staff didn't seem to know much. I wasn't told where any of the facilities were, my room wasn't clean and still had clothes in it and one of the staff was so uneducated he couldn't figure out that Wednesday to Wednesday was 7 nights and I had to argue that I wasn't paying an extra night.

• 20th May 2015

Terrible place.. dirty...noisy...not safe at all... the manager is retarded..

Worst hostel ever. We are use to live with low standards but this was worsed than living on the street (or pretty much the same). We left the hostel after 20 min even if we had already paid for 3 nights. That is how bad it is. We did not get our money back but it was so worth it. I have never bothered to write a rewiew before but this time I really had to help other people so they don't book this hostel. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOSTEL EVEN IF IT IS CHEAPER!!!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

This hostel is about to be knocked down and converted into flats. It was noisy, dirty - the hallway smelt of urine. The sheets were clean, but that's all

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Wales

Dirty, noisy, incompetent staff, not safe ..