City Resort Hostel Reviews

103-105 Palmer St Woolloomooloo, Sydney, Australia

Worst hostel ever. We are use to live with low standards but this was worsed than living on the street (or pretty much the same). We left the hostel after 20 min even if we had already paid for 3 nights. That is how bad it is. We did not get our money back but it was so worth it. I have never bothered to write a rewiew before but this time I really had to help other people so they don't book this hostel. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOSTEL EVEN IF IT IS CHEAPER!!!

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

This hostel is about to be knocked down and converted into flats. It was noisy, dirty - the hallway smelt of urine. The sheets were clean, but that's all

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Wales

Dirty, noisy, incompetent staff, not safe ..

5$ per 24 hrs locker is rediculous. cockroaches. unclean showers. kitchen had exactly 1 knife. smelled like weed all the time.

Wouldn't even send my worse emery there!

• 5th Jan 2015

DONT STAY HERE! Its the WORST hostel in Sydney. Youve been worned.......

Dirty hostel never go there

• 22nd Nov 2014

The hostel was fine for a few days but I couldn't stay there longer then a couple of nights. It was dirty and there are no lockers, if you're a hard core traveller it's fine but if you like the nicer hostels I wouldn't stay here. The location is good though, it's only a short walk to the opera house and bridge.

• 13th Nov 2014

The hostel is a mess, very different from (it means worse than) the pictures. The staff is great but the place is terrible. There are leaking sinks, cockroaches everywhere, dirty kitchens and floors that they have never cleaned. The location is great because you can go walking to the city, or take buses and trains. The worst backpacker I have ever been!! But I've got good friends there, at least.

• 10th Nov 2014

You really should'nt go there. I did'nt worried to much about the bad reviews as I am not fizzy at all. The door of my room had'nt had a lock, so everyone walked in and I always had my valueables with me. The floor was terrible dirty, the kitchen poor and the bathrooms as bad as everything else there. Just spend maybe $1 or $2 more and enjoy your stay somewhere else.

Public area like kitchen and bathroom are very dirty, kitchen is full of cockroaches, light in the bathroom is very dark, shower curtain is basically cover nothing, no locker in the room only two closet and unable to lock anything. Location is nice, easy to go around anywhere and is probably the most cheap place can be found in Sydney, not a bad choice for budget travelers but if you wish to live comfortably just forget about it

My room was really dirty. A lot of stains on the carpet, the colour came of the wall. If you want to have a quiet night then it's not the best hostel. But it only takes 20 min walk to the city