7.6
Very Good 594 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 594 Total Reviews
City Sleep-In Located at Havnegade 20, , Aarhus.
Denmark
Aarhus Havnegade 20
76% 594
56.1552069 10.2121353
    Rooms available

17th Jul 2016
7.4

Good hostel in a really central location, close to good bars and restaurants in the Latin Quarter. There is no one at reception between 11am and 4pm although I was able to leave my rucksack there while I went exploring the city. I didn't try the breakfast but there was a nice communal area and the garden too.

• Switzerland, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2016
5.7

The hostel was pretty outdated and not very clean at all. The shower was the worst part but also the room and the beds. It seems to be normal that you have to pay extra for bed sheets which made me quit upset, since it's already pretty expensive here. All in all it was okay for one night, but I'd rather look for something else if I'd come back to Aarhus.

7th Jul 2016
7.1

The seating area outside is very nice and it is easy walking for the downtown sites although a lot of construction by the water right now. Parking is very difficult but I was lucky to find a spot not too far. Take care to watch for bikes when driving! I think it would be helpful if they gave more tips and recommendations to guests, and info of basics like where to find groceries nearby. Most of the travel info was not in English. One toilet was stuffed up, so that was a little problem also.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
6th Jul 2016
4.3

This hostel was below standard. The bedding was filthy and looked like it was never washed. The occupants of room 35 were basically living there which made things uncomfortable. This also made the place smell terribly. The bathrooms were unfortunately also disgusting; Again it looked like they hadnt been cleaned in weeks. I tried to be positive about the place but i was truely let down. Only redeeming feature was the properties central location in Aarhus

2nd Jul 2016

This is a good hostel, clean and very central but the information on the website was not good ,its advertised 1 bed dorm which is not one bed, the direction to the hostel its not published and they even not bothered to provide me the direction, there is a great kitchen and the facilities and yet again its not advertised. I think the management should spend time to correct these errors. I enjoyed my stay and relaxed and I recommend to other travelers.

• USA, Female, 18-24
27th Jun 2016

I had never stayed in a hostel before and I don't know what I expected but I was pleasantly surprised with City Sleep in. The staff was very helpful, and even called the bus station to ask about bus times to the airport. Rooms where fair, lockers were secure, but the beds are a bit squeakey. Would stay with them again.

• England, Male, 31-40
25th Jun 2016

I thought the place was really nice. Nicely situated outside of city centre but close enough to what you need. The bedding was not great though you can pay 50kroner to have linen but I would expect sheets on the bed anyway. The toilet and shower areas were clean as we're all locations. The reception staff were very good and the guy was very helpful with information for us. Overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

13th Jun 2016

Excellent location, easy to find, best service, personable & professional lady at the desk. Comfortable beds, lockers need own lock, great dining space, outside courtyard, small tv room. Cons - kitchen needs cleaning, food in fridge a mess, unorganized, old & rotting, people staying there almost living there, have taken it over. That's my biggest concern along with one people again almost living there who are loud at night. I asked politely & they toned it down a bit. paint needed.

• England, Female, 41+
9th Jun 2016

A great place at a great price. the only downside was the nightclub nextdoor - very loud. And the toilets/bathroom areas could do with cleaning more often. Other than that, really nice stay, and great outdoors area, and sitting rooms.

5th Jun 2016

5 mins walk to main shopping street, 10 mins walk to main train station. The lady receptionist is very helpful and nice. Beautiful backyard. Minus: paid storage luggage.