City Sleep-In Reviews

Havnegade 20, Aarhus, Denmark

It was good, but I had a bad time with the people in my room simebody smoke in.the room at 3 am, and when I told to the reception guy next morning, he didn't care. It is close of.everything.

The hostel is super cool, asthetically. It's theme is very creative. The staff was rude. I got there at 12pm after a 22 hour travel day and even though the staff was there at the desk they would not check me in UNTIL 4pm. I had to sit there with all my stuff for 4 hours! The most obserd thing I've ever experienced. The location is great. Right in the best part of the city. Don't waste 70dok on their breakfast. There's buffets near the creek for 40dok. And be prepared, their kitchen is filthy.

Only negative had to pay for bed lining

• 23rd Jun 2014

A nice hostel in a very good location in Aarhus. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was central. The hostel itself lacked a bit in atmosphere, however there was a large common room and outside area which was pleasant enough.

No recycling? Surprised.

Everything was nice, indeed.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Except for a not so friendly staff I found the hostel quite good. The toilets are awesome and very clean. I need to bring your padlock for the lockers if the hostel is full. Worth the price.

• 11th Jun 2014

Quite a good hostel. Perfect Location . Very good value for money. The kitchen is great to cook your meal and you'll always meet people there or in the dining room or at the terrace(which is beautiful). Go there!

Cheapest option in the city of Aarhus. Good location. Clean kitchen, nice common facilities and very nice that there was a 'garden' to sit. The only comment would be a lack of power in the showers and taps, I mean the amount and power of the water that came out of it.

All the lockers (that we had to pay for) had the same key ... where is the use of a locker then? The corridors of the 4th floor stank a bit.

• 7th Jun 2014

I was there on Friday hence it was partying mode. No staff was to ask youngsters to shut up at 11pm, 12, 1 am - 4am.

Love the outdoor area outside and the community feel. Also thought the room was clean. The toilet was out of toilet paper sometimes and the kitchen could be cleaner/fridge emptied more regularly, but all in all I really enjoyed my stay.

Not many hostels in Aarhus so probably your best option. My stay was fine. Not many people there to socialize when I happened to be there, but lots of amenities. Location is good to explore the city. Easy to walk to from the train station down the main pedestrian street, but not sure why there doesn't seem to be directions on here. Also, limited reception hours so check times for when you arrive.

Bathrooms and toilets too old, too less, too dirty. Bedrooms also not clean. Had to sleep on an used fitted sheet. Too small lockers (only fitting a bag pack)

Great, except the snoring guy, but that's not the hostel's fault!

• 25th May 2014

The hostel front door and room were both opened with a key card for good security. The rooms were a bit cramped and did not seem very clean - of all places I stayed in Europe, my allergies reacted by far the worst here. There was a nice big kitchen which was clean, and a spacious accompanying dining area. Breakfast was served here in the morning, but I did not try it because it seemed expensive for what it was. Besides the dining area, there was not much of a common area for meeting others.

That was the first time I had to practise gymnastics for sleeping on a double bed - there was no stairs for climbing the double bed.

Worst nightmare, at least 50 screaming and drunk teenagers who shout, jump and run all through the night. No chance to sleep there i dont recommend to anyone. I have been in 60 or 70 different hostels allover Europe and US so I know what Im talking about. There should be staff at the night time to keep that traffic and noise down. Most hostels dont allow drinking alcohol in the rooms but you do I wonder why? And why those teenagers are allowed to play noisy music in the rooms?

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Finland

The bathroom is tiny in the ensuite room, toilet shower and basin is all in one tiny cubicle so everything will get wet. also there is a big gap underneath the bathroom door so water leaked into the corridor. but room is absolutely fine, and clean.

• 17th Apr 2014

My stay was fine, I don't have much to complain. Unfortunately, there was roadworks at the moment I was there. When I checked out, the person in charge was not here. I assumed he was helping someone or doing something else at that time, so maybe having two employees could avoid such problems.