City Sleep-In Reviews

Havnegade 20, Aarhus, Denmark

Right on the harbour, great interior decor, the reception staff were lovely and friendly. My only issue is paying extra for bedding and breakfast when it's already quite expensive but the breakfast was a good spread. It was a quiet time of year I visited so the atmosphere was a bit lacking but probably of no fault to the hostel.

Bathrooms and showers should be cleaned more often.

good location , near the central of shopping area, I love it

Do not look at the ceiling of Bathroom.

I had a lovely stay here. Friendly guests and a good location in Aarhus. Loses points for atmosphere but this is probably due to Aarhus being a smaller place etc than anything on the hostels part. It's a nice place. I would stay here again.

• 28th Oct 2014

For the price an ok alternative

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

You have to pay for the bed linen

The lockers in the room were really old, so when someone came back in the middle of the night it made a lot of noise. Maybe exchange them.

Me and my friend stayed in a twins dorm with a shared bathroom. The matress was quite dirty as were the showers. They had a small towel in the toilet (no tissue paper) - I guess it's more ecological but still, it felt a bit unhygienic. Be aware that the reception is closed for a few hours in the afternoon (no check-in possible at that time then). In my opinion it's ok for one night but wouldn't stay there for a long term.

• 26th Sep 2014

There should be stairs for 2 floor beds....

All in all OK. The biggest "problem" was all the construction going on in the big street in front of the hostel which made it very unpleasant just to get there. I prefer to have the check-in desk open and manned 24/7 and this was closed a lot. The big kitchen should be much cleaner - difficult to do, but some places manage it. Why not get back to the fine hostel tradition of a free breakfast?

房間沒有梯子,上鋪很難爬上去。 房子老舊,環境有些髒亂,打掃待加強。

Very nice building, altough the rooms are quite old and the lockers quite ruined. The kitchen is very nice, and also the dining room and the patio. The showers work well, but there was a group of persons who made a huge mess there...

• 3rd Aug 2014

Rooms, toilets and showers are clean and basic. Nice dining room and outdoor seating area. Kitchen doesn't seem to be on the cleaner's rota and is left solely to the guests - not adequate! Staff all except one very helpful. When reception is closed in the day, the hostel has no access control so security is poor. Nowhere safe to leave your bag if you arrive when reception is closed.

Really enjoyed our stay. Rooms served the purpose, as did the shared facilities. Good internet access, WiFi connection very good, nice location near bars and city centre. Convenient to park the car across the road. Thankyou!

The rooms are not cleaned daily , but you are not given anything to clean them - especially the bathroom.

It was good, but I had a bad time with the people in my room simebody smoke in.the room at 3 am, and when I told to the reception guy next morning, he didn't care. It is close of.everything.

The hostel is super cool, asthetically. It's theme is very creative. The staff was rude. I got there at 12pm after a 22 hour travel day and even though the staff was there at the desk they would not check me in UNTIL 4pm. I had to sit there with all my stuff for 4 hours! The most obserd thing I've ever experienced. The location is great. Right in the best part of the city. Don't waste 70dok on their breakfast. There's buffets near the creek for 40dok. And be prepared, their kitchen is filthy.

Easy to find. Nice staff and really good relaxing area.

Only negative had to pay for bed lining

• 23rd Jun 2014