City Walls Hostel Reviews

Svetog Simuna 15, Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Such an incredible staff. All 3 girls were beyond helpful. Not really too much of a social atmosphere which is okay depending on what you're looking for. Not hard to meet people though. A 30 second walk to the most beautiful view of the sea and good for cliff jumps. I'd stay again :)

Good hostel within the walls of the old town. Was the standard price of hostels in the area, obviously a bit more than the rest of the Balkans. Comfy beds, good showers and really nice staff.

Excellent stay, wifi work through the whole hostel. Great staff! I stay on the top floor and the second floor.

• 16th Oct 2015

I love my stay in the hostel, the staffs are friendly and helpful! The common area is cozy and you can talk to other travellers easily

There is nothing going on in this hostel and the staff aren't rude but I wouldn't characterize them as friendly. There is actually a sign that reads "do not whine on the internet." Don't eat at the "cheap" restaurant the hostel staff recommends to everyone with the red and black chairs. You get a free dessert if you mention the hostel but there is a WAY better, cheaper restaurant across the street. It felt like the hostel was being paid by the restaurant to send unaware tourists there. Not cool.

Need to correct: it is not ''whine on the internet'' but ''whinge''. It is one of our comic signs to make people laugh. Sorry you didn't get the joke... We NEVER take commission from the places we recommend. Locals and tourists like the restaurant and the food is good. The goal is to make people happy and satisfied, but De gustibus non disputandum est.

Restroom is smelly

• 5th Oct 2015

Bathrooms are cleaned daily, but after the cleaning lady does her job (and have to admit she does it great), bathrooms are used by 6 people on the same floor. We are sorry that you felt it smelly, but sometimes it all depends of the guests. And also sorry you didn't mention anything while staying in the hostel.

Had a really decent time here and there was a good crowd even though it was end of season. Situated in old town so it is a little pricey. Common area was large enough to chill in a group. Staff were friendly, Ana was great fun :) Would recommend.

Had a great stay at this hostel - only wish we'd have stayed longer! Great location, friendly staff, nice and clean and all you could want a hostel to be.

Thank you guys! Much appreciated! :)

in a pretty good location and was mostly clean. Wifi didn't work everywhere, specifically in the room we were staying in and the breakfast was plain including only muesli and milk. There were not enough showers/bathrooms and because they were one in the same we would regularly have to wait a while to use the toilet. But ultimately it was the staff that bothered us the most. They were condescending, rude and we got the feeling they were upset at our arrival because it meant they had to work.

Thank you for the review! Each 6 bed dorm has it's own bathroom, so one bathroom per floor and you are free to use the other 3 bathrooms as well if the one on your floor is occupied. I was really surprised when I read your comment about staff, since there were 2 hostel guests in common area on check in and they both told me that check in was perfectly fine. We are sorry you felt that way, especially bcs we enjoy doing what we do.

Great location within the walls. Room and bathroom clean. We stayed in a 4 bedroom, which an open room at the top of the stairs. We had no problems, mini kitchen available in common room.

This is a lovely warm, cosy hostel, with a homely feel. A good place to make friends, it has a lovely atmosphere and charming staff, who take the lead in creating this atmosphere. Great location and in an authentic building, creates a comfortable and relaxing feel. Small and intimate.

City Walls Hostel is awesome! The hostel is set up very nice; it is clean and spacious. Its location is perfectIy placed within the old city, and getting to all areas is easily accessible. Above all this, the experience was made delightful due to the wonderful hosts Marijana and Ana! They were always there to chat and offer advice. Thank you for a wonderful stay! I will return, and I recommend them completely.

• 20th Sep 2015

Great hostel and the only one that is actually licensed in the old city of Dubrovnik! Great location with a bar just across the street overlooking the Adriatic from the wall of the city. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. When they found out the airline lost my luggage they asked if there was anything they could do to help and were always asking me for updates. I came back later in the week to wait on a flight and Anna let me grab a shower and chill in the common room all afternoon.

Very quite small hostel in the city center. Fairly expensive.

Friendly staff, brilliant location within the city walls. Laptops available for the Internet and staff printed out my bus ticket free of charge. Bathroom facility is good but got busy during peak times as its one bathroom per 6 people on our floor. Cereal and milk available for breakfast, plus kettle and sugar for tea - perfect for me!

Staff was friendly and helpful! Rooms clean. Would of loved to stay longer

Great location right in old town dubrovnik

• 11th Sep 2015

Good location once you find the hostel but I think better signage would make it much easier to find! Smallish common area with kitchen facilities, not a heap of atmosphere or activities but it was a nice place to chill out and chat with others. Wifi wasn't great in my room (top floor), and also security could have been better as it was just up to everyone in the room to keep the door locked.

Good location, clean, good staff (especially the charming Rela), obviously very overpriced being dorm bed in a hostel but if you wanna stay in the Old Town then.... Not much of a common room which makes meeting others a bit difficult alas not much atmosphere. Included breakfast is cereals..

Very good location inside the City Walls. Really nice and helpful staff. Good place to meet others travellers. I wish I could stay more time.