City Walls Hostel Reviews

Svetog Simuna 15, Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Super friendly and helpful staff, and great location in the middle of Old Town. Bit tricky to locate initially but well worth the stair climb!

Incident where they were confused with my friends stay (staying an extra night), however this was re-explained to them in the morning. We come back to the hostel to find that all of her stuff has been moved into a pile and someone else has been checked into her bed.. Misunderstandings happen but wouldn't it have made more sense to move the new traveler into a different bed? Friend wasn't happy about having her things touched without her consent. Just a bit strange.

We apologize for that misunderstanding. As I already explained, new girl was working in the morning shift (it was her first shift since she was being trained to work in the hostel) and she got confused. Mistakes happen....you live, you learn. Today I am happy for having her as staff since she is doing great!

This hostel is right in the old town so you wont be wasting time if you have a lot of thing that you wanna do there!

Nice pic in Dubrovnik: great location inside the old town and quite close to the main sights. The only downturn is that there are lots of stair to reach the place (that's the price for saying inside the walls). The staff is helpful and nice. The rooms are nothing special but clean and with air condition. Definitely I recommend it!

Staff were really helpful! Air conditioning saved us!

• 26th Aug 2015

I had a fabulous time in Dubrovnik and at the hostel. However, not all the staff who work there are created equal. Nina was amazing — super friendly and helpful, whereas some of the other staff members were colder and more dismissive. Would definitely recommend this location though! It was awesome to get to see my bedroom window from the Old City Wall!

Very helpful and inviting staff, ready to make your stay in Dubrovnik better! Clean rooms and relaxed atmosphere

The location is great - in the old town, right next to the famous Buza Cafe and the cliff from which many guys jump into the sea. The directions provided by the hostel are super clear that I didn't get lost. The bed and the washroom was clean and tidy. Although the kitchen was a bit small and there were only cereals and milk provided for breakfast, overall it is a nice place to stay and I'd love to stay there again when I visit Dubrovnik next time.

Appreciate your friendly helpfulness

Had an amazing stay at fresh sheets! Lovely cool and clean double room with a sea view. Shared bathroom had hot water and was really clean. They had no availability for the second night of our stay but arranged for us to stay at a neighbours for the same price which was great! Fab overall stay would definitely recommend.

• 19th Aug 2015

Absolutely not worth the money we spent to stay here. The only positive I have is the location is amazing. There is no atmosphere whatsoever to this hostel, there are no free activities and no encouragement of hanging out in the common areas (which close at 10pm) which meant you meet almost no one else staying there and the kitchen is pretty much useless. The toilet seat and shower head were both broken on our floor and the bathroom floor was constantly wet. Thoroughly disappointed with our stay

I had a fantastic time at Fresh Sheets Hostel, and definitely will be staying here if I ever come back to Dubrovnik! The rooms were clean, the staff were extremely friendly and generous, and the environment was cozy and welcoming. The price was a bit of a shock, but I believe it's average for a place in Dubrovnik. Thanks for a great two nights, Fresh Sheets!

• 17th Aug 2015

Great location, clean, but for how expensive it was I guess I expected a bit more. Nothing going on socially. Asked a receptionist about taking one night off my stay, and she said it would be too hard. Not that she couldn't do it, but basically that she couldn't be bothered. Management couldn't be bothered to respond to questions I emailed them either.

Overall good, was annoyed that the owner told me the wrong time for the wall closing and I got there too late. Great location though, hole in the wall bar just a block away. It would be good for them to leave a phone number in case someone forgets there key though, had to let several people in.

My friends and I loved this hostel. It was spacious and clean. The location is inside Old City, inside the walls, which is a great location. It's difficult to get around with suitcases because of the many stairs and no cars are allowed into the city walls. However, without bags, the location is so close to so much: pubs, restaurant, Buza Bar, & the Main Street. The staff were always more than helpful with suggestions, and they're all very friendly. This hostel is one of the best Dubrovnik has.

1 2 Next » last »