City-in Hostel B&B Catania Reviews

via Grimaldi 2, Catania, Italy

I booked an 8 bed dorm in this hostel for three nights a couple of weeks before my stay. However upon arriving about 10pm was told that I could only stay one night and would have to find somewhere else as they had booked a group in who wanted the dorm so as a solo traveller I was being moved to a 2 bed shared room. This room had a sloped ceiling so you couldn't stand, no locker and no key to the door! The staff didn't care or apologise for their over booking. I would never stay here again!

A bright and nice hostel, which is very central and has good facilities. It is clean, has nice rooms - and perfect temperature. The backyard is also a great place to have a drink, a chat - or just to hang out. But there are some drawbacks: The security is quite poor, with all doors wide open. Besides, the staff are quite absent. Sometimes they gather and eat with their family, but it feels like you are disturbing them, rather than being included in their daily life.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Norway

A comfortable 4 night stay. Antonio and Emanuel were very patient with my chaotic arrival and Rama was always so friendly and helpful. Thank you all. April

A friend and I had a private room here which was beautiful, clean and secure but the hostel itself was a bit lacking in atmosphere unfortunately. Some of the staff speak very little English (though very nice!) however we were not too fond of the city which I don't think helped us feel too at home. It's quite a quiet hostel but it has absolutely everything you need and after a long overnight train we we're allowed to use all the facilities before our check in time because we arrived early.

Brand new and well looked after. Local staff is very useful for tips/suggestions.

Very clean and safe, location within walking distance of sites. A little hard to find.

Super clean rooms and bathrooms, nice stuff, great location (5min walk from the cathedral). I really recommend staying in this hostel.

• 28th Aug 2015

the staff were nice and friendly and the beds were comfortable. The WiFi wasn't great and didn't pick up well in the rooms. it was in an okay place about a ten minute walk away from the market and cathedral. the rooms have air-conditioning and were cool enough at night. The rooms were full on my first day but on the third there was only me. showers were okay but doors were a little stiff. there us also city tax that you have to pay not included in the price.

The staff didn't try to help you to discover the city or try to spark up the conversation with other people in the common areas of the hostel. However, if you're looking for a cheap, clean and relax stay, this is for you!

This was what I wanted, the mountains and serenity. Sonya, the owner, is amazing. Very personally and very professional. She even cooked me a special breakfast on my last day.

The host was great, the place was ok. Our private room was tiny, I couldn't even stand up on my two feet, I have to bend my back. The shower was ok but the floor was dirty as hell, even though there was a mop, people didn't clean after using the bathroom, and even so, as there wasn't any mat, our shoes would automatically leave stains on the floor. They should do something about it. The location is great to go to the beach (5 mn by bus), but far away from the city center. Boring at night.

antonio the guy that works there is awsome the people in the hostel good location exelent the only thing the owner has a face looks like that he want to die my friend smile a little more dont have that face like you own this planet

We only stayed one night at this hostel but was excellent. It's clean, central, spacious, free wifi, lockers in the room, new bathrooms and a kitchen (we didn't use tho)! Best hostel in so far. :-)

Excellent facilities, super clean, great location, comfortable beds. I reccomend it!

Nice little decently priced hostel with a good location in the centre of Catania. The place is clean and comfortable, staff quite friendly, and the inner courtyard located right next to the common areas is definetly a nice plus for relaxing and meeting other guests! I would definetly recommend this place or stay there again if travelling in the area!

Ex hostel and Manager very helpful

The hostel is pretty far away from any main sights in Catania. It was nice enough. There was air con and comfy beds and a good kitchen. It was just average.

We stayed with our 4-month old baby in Catania and were received very warmly. Many thanks. Andreas

Really nice place to stay, we only stayed for a short night to sleep and catch an early flight but our room was clean, had really cute sheets, a sky window(!!!), a nice air con and we were provided two(!!!) fluffy towels. We had a private bedroom with shared bathroom but I never had to wait for a bathroom. There is also a lovely courtyard and terrace to chill out in and the wi-fi was strong. Highly recommended! Also the staff were very friendly and informative.

Had some problems to get there by bus but in fact it's located near the center. The staff was friendly and facilities always clean. Definitely a good choice.