City-in Hostel B&B Catania Reviews

via Grimaldi 2, Catania, Italy

This was a wonderful hostel! Stayed in a private 3 bedroom and it was very nice! Big room with one queen bed and a twin bed. We had our own bathroom that was very clean. Staff was extremely helpful and nice! In the perfect location, about a 10 minute walk to the Piazza Duomo and close to many restaurants and bars.

• 29th Jan 2016

Very good guesthouse; nice courtyard, good kitchen and very clean. Breakfast was in a cafe a short walk away. Staff wasn't always present. Would recommend this hostel to everyone.

I did not even originally plan to come to Catania on my trip to Italy this time, but ended up coming last minute. I ended up spending a good week there in large part due to the friends and wonderful people and atmosphere at this hostel. They were very accommodating with taking me last minute and my day-to-day schedule changes. It is the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in . The staff and guests all make a good effort to keep it that way. It is beautifully decorated also. I will miss them!

It was a really nice stay at the hostel. The owners are friendly and the place very cosy. Sometimes we shared also our food.

• 13th Oct 2015

Very recommended!

I booked an 8 bed dorm in this hostel for three nights a couple of weeks before my stay. However upon arriving about 10pm was told that I could only stay one night and would have to find somewhere else as they had booked a group in who wanted the dorm so as a solo traveller I was being moved to a 2 bed shared room. This room had a sloped ceiling so you couldn't stand, no locker and no key to the door! The staff didn't care or apologise for their over booking. I would never stay here again!

A bright and nice hostel, which is very central and has good facilities. It is clean, has nice rooms - and perfect temperature. The backyard is also a great place to have a drink, a chat - or just to hang out. But there are some drawbacks: The security is quite poor, with all doors wide open. Besides, the staff are quite absent. Sometimes they gather and eat with their family, but it feels like you are disturbing them, rather than being included in their daily life.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Norway

A great hostel in a great location; only a 10 minute walk to the main attractions of Catania. The only downside is that this was more leaning towards a B&B than a hostel. There were not many social activities you normally get at hostels so I did not meet fellow travellers. As a solo traveller, it was definitely a downside to my stay here. Otherwise, it is a great option if you are travelling with your partner/family.

A comfortable 4 night stay. Antonio and Emanuel were very patient with my chaotic arrival and Rama was always so friendly and helpful. Thank you all. April

A friend and I had a private room here which was beautiful, clean and secure but the hostel itself was a bit lacking in atmosphere unfortunately. Some of the staff speak very little English (though very nice!) however we were not too fond of the city which I don't think helped us feel too at home. It's quite a quiet hostel but it has absolutely everything you need and after a long overnight train we we're allowed to use all the facilities before our check in time because we arrived early.

Brand new and well looked after. Local staff is very useful for tips/suggestions.

Very clean and safe, location within walking distance of sites. A little hard to find.

Super clean rooms and bathrooms, nice stuff, great location (5min walk from the cathedral). I really recommend staying in this hostel.

• 28th Aug 2015

the staff were nice and friendly and the beds were comfortable. The WiFi wasn't great and didn't pick up well in the rooms. it was in an okay place about a ten minute walk away from the market and cathedral. the rooms have air-conditioning and were cool enough at night. The rooms were full on my first day but on the third there was only me. showers were okay but doors were a little stiff. there us also city tax that you have to pay not included in the price.

The staff didn't try to help you to discover the city or try to spark up the conversation with other people in the common areas of the hostel. However, if you're looking for a cheap, clean and relax stay, this is for you!