Fabulous 288 Total Reviews
Fabulous 288 Total Reviews
City-in Hostel B&B Catania Located at via Grimaldi 2, , Catania.
Italy
Catania 95121 via Grimaldi 2
80% 288
37.4990015 15.0855588
    Rooms available

9th Nov 2016

CityIn is a courtyard hostel. Everything revolves around a beautifulful courtyard. The location is prime, right next to Castella Ursino. Historical sites are within walking distance. This is as good as it gets in the proximity dept. I like the feel of the place, travelers hang out in the main kitchen/lounge area or courtyard. The only downside to this place is the dorm rooms are maxed out with bunk beds. It's like platzclass on a Russian train where everyone becomes family.

• South Korea, Couple, 41+
  • Globetrotter
27th Sep 2016
8.0

It's good hostel..but whennwe stay...the second day ..group visit hostel for staying... they have no rule... noisy...got guest's stuff... make toilet dirty.. move their bed metress outside... oh..god.... And the staff is too rude.. they tell me move room for group teams... and i found something dust in my bed.. i ask for clean.. he say i'm not a person cleaning... and he just throw the sheet away.. oops..

• England, Female, 25-30
23rd Sep 2016
7.1

Good location, close to everything especially fish market, wifi better in communal areas a bit patchy in the bedrooms. Staff weren't particularly friendly I would even say disinterested (apart from one lovely guy). Also wouldn't need more than two days in Catania plenty better places in Sicily!

• England, Female, 41+
18th Sep 2016

Clean, comfy, pay €2 for towel, no breakfast. Plentu of wifi and charge points for phones. Nice balcony and open courtyard. Good kitchen facilities kept clean by staff. Next to castle so it is central and near to bus station. Near to fish market and food places, near street bars but not noisy. Visit Orto Botanico. Owner helpful about what to do

1st Sep 2016

excellent location, Antonio was really helpful! I would recommend a stay here!

21st Aug 2016
5.7

Got a 12 bed dorm instead of an 8 and it was blamed on hostelworld. We also had to ask for the breakfast even though it was supposed to be included - and it was only one pastry and a drink. At 1am staff came in and turned off air con which I thought was really creepy. He left the door wide open too. Bathrooms are small and a bit dirty and wifi doesn't work well in rooms. Beds were also tiny and I'm not even tall. Overall very merh.

• Croatia, Female, 25-30
17th Aug 2016
4.6

We had the worst experience with the hostel. Instead of a 8 bed room we got into a room with 12 people (10 beds with two extra) and the staff was even bringing new beds, so we ended up with 13 people in the room that has no conditions for a crowd like that. Windows were blind - glass covered with dark plastic foil, so no light was entering. And the owner was extremely rude, every day theye were moving people in other objects cause of no capacity, eventhough people reserved rooms in advance!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2016
6.0

Unfortunately I had a really bad experience. The staff "changed" my bedroom - they put my stuff in another room - without informing me. So when I came back to my first room my bagage wasn´´´ t there anymore. I was worried and I couldn´ t sleep there without bagage and bed. I hope to get the money back for the second night because of this trouble!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
7th Aug 2016

I was very happy with my stay here. The first night I was in a dorm room with 8 other people. The room was fairly spacious, just not a lot of room For baggage. A little noisy at was the room closest to the street. Lockers were supplied and you could lock your stuff up if you had a padlock. The second night I was moved to a 2 bed room and had a perfect nights sleep. The staff were friendly, beautiful bathroom downstairs and the staff let me hang around after I'd checked out, waiting for my ferry

• USA, Female, 25-30
31st Jul 2016

We had a wonderful stay at City-In hostel. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. The place was very clean and well looked after. Great location!! Close to the center and the bus to the beach! The breakfast was perfect and the man at the café was very kind. Overall a wonderful stay and one of the best hostels I have been to.