City-in Hostel B&B Catania Reviews

via Grimaldi 2, Catania, Italy

bad directions! i would say: get to Piazza Duomo, @one of the corners of this piazza theres road called Via Giuseppi Garibaldi - follow this away staying on the left of the road. turn left into Via Castello Ursino &follow until you see the castle in front. turn left when you see the castle to keep the castle on your right &walk uphill. stay on this road - the hostel is just after the castle on the right, pizza place underneath. v clean, good kitchen, avg wifi, air con in rooms, laundry available

Such a laid back atmosphere in a great location!

• 25th Jun 2014

Just buy your own food for breakfast as the ones in the vending machine is like chocolate and snacks. Staff areally helpful but not very good at English, a bit confusing. Expensive laundry and nit include drying

The hostel was very clean and the location is excellent! The staff and owners are very friendly. The room we were in was very small but the beds were comfy.

Was extremely clean and homely. Everything you need there and close to everything. The owner made sure that I was enjoying my stay and was very kind

Great place to stay for a quiet break. The owner wasn't over helpful but would assist you with booking excursions if you asked. Definately not a party hostel but all in all very nice

The place is clean and quiet. I Didn't have breafast because I had early flight. but people was very nice and helpfull.

• 30th May 2014

Room very clean, staffs friendly and good location.

no breakfast and kitchen closed til 9.00 a.m. and no even a single staff in the morning

Very clean. very good location near bus station piazza Borsellino. All OK.

Cozy atmosphere, clean rooms and showers, friendly owner and rich breakfast.

It's very well located, a few minutes away from the centre. The sir who received us was polite, although not very welcoming - the staff was, let's say, confusing. We booked a room, but we actually got kind of a garret, with a ceiling measuring no more than 1,50. So, a very small room for two. Everything was clean and the bathrooms were fine. The breakfast was great, fresh croissants and an employee helping us with the coffee machine. Good for staying one night - and no more than that.

Best Hostel so far in Sicilia. Good location, very clean...everything what you need !!! Well informed and friendly staff. No doubt at all.

• 17th Apr 2014

The dormitory is clean and safe, the atmosphere is happy also due to the amount of light in the rooms. Big kitchen available.

• 15th Apr 2014

The place is very well cleaned. Place is far from loud music or people. Very well situated.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Philippines

Location is perfect. And everything was very clean. I've been there for 4 nights and it was very good. Nice people. Thanks!

This is a BB with 10 beds in a crampy dormroom with space for say 6, still the "director" as he calls himself made me pay 5 euro "tax" which I didn't have to pay anywhere else. He was unhelpful & useless, would constantly enter your room, doesn't speak decent English unless ur female, he didn't want to answer my questions let alone about sidetrips or visits to Etna etc don't expect a hostel vibe here. Kitchen is shut almost half the day. For 3 days it felt like h*ll, wished I stayed elsewhere.

Best hostel breakfast I've had!! Simple, clean, cheap, friendly, good location. Can't complain :)

I had a really nice stay in City-In for 3 nights. Our host Emanuela and his wife were so wonderful and making my stay at home. The accommodations are neat and tastefully decorated. Through their hospitality, I got to experience and taste the wonderful Catania in a very personal level in my short trip. I love this hostel/B&B. And I would love to come back Sicily again!

• 11th Mar 2014

The City-in Hostel B&B Catania was a pleasant experience for all my family. 5 of us stayed in 1 triple with private bath and 1 double with private bath. A paging intercom and double door entry provided a strong sense of security. The interior had a warm welcoming atmosphere with friendly and engaging conversation coming from the kitchen area.. The B&B is located just steps from the Castello Ursino, a must to visit. San Agata cathedral is a 10 minute walk away. City-in Hostel is a great value.

• 10th Mar 2014