City-in Hostel B&B Catania Reviews

via Grimaldi 2, Catania, Italy

Shower is rather inconvenient, Staff English is very poor (understand part-timer working just this quiet season).

It is a nice hostel, but I give 3 to the staff and atmosphere.

Citi-In is clean and comfortable, and in a great location - our room looked out on Castello Ursino, a beautiful old castle half a block away. It's an easy walk to sites, and there are some cool bars/music venues within a couple of blocks. Breakfast in the off-season was at a sweet cafe on the other side of the piazza. What really made this a great stay was the staff, though - knowledgable and helpful, but also warm and open - and a lot of fun!

• 14th Dec 2014

Excellent hostel. Great price, facility, and staff. The bedsheets are especially nice. The location is great, and the staffs were welcoming and helpful.

It has a super location. The place is nice. I would recommend to the staff, that when there are guest around don't use the social areas af if they are familiar areas. We all stayed on our rooms because all the time there were staff watching tv and making huge dinner for themselves. It would be ok to if they could recommend highlights and restaurants. It was a good experience. I'm just making recommendation so it could be better.

A very regular hostel, of the staff I saw probably only the owner, who was very serviceable. Everything was in order.

Exceptionally clean hostel you'll enjoy staying in.

A great choice if your staying in Catania the breakfast was around the corner at a cafe and it was great for me and my friend we both loved the peach juice this had to be the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed at and iv stayed at a lot of hostels would defiantly book here again if I ever go back to Catania

A lovely hostel and very well run. Great court yard space and clean well prepared rooms. The ensuite for our room was actually a private bathroom in the corridor (which you are given a key for- this wasn't a problem. Easy walk to the main sights. Cool place.

Keys unlock evey locker. Makes no sense! Clean and great building though. Perfect location and good price for what you get. Owners around a lot and are loud and not friendly can be off putting at first but you get over it cause common areas to meet people are awesome

Great hostel. Everything looked new and clean. There are many toilets and dorms are quite large and comfortable. The patio/garden is a very nice place to meet other travelers while you drink a beer and relax. Breakfast at the bar was amazing: capuccino and chocolate briosch, perfect italian collazione. Thanks for everything!

it says B&B but no breakfast

We booked 2 double rooms and they said they ran out of rooms so they gave us a bedroom for 4 instead. Disappointing. This defies the whole concept of booking. Other than this, the location is very good, the room (for 4) was good. Breakfast was in a nearby caffe, which was also good.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The staff is really friendly and the hostel is very well maintained. The kitchen and cleanness is exceptional

The bath rooms were very dirty already in the afternoons and the evenings. They should clean the bath rooms several times during the day, not only once in the morning. The "breakfast" which is included is served in a cafe close to the hostel. But IT IS NOT a breakfast, it is a coffee and a croissant . The room was so low taht I could not stand there.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Finland

I'm so so happy with the hostel! We got clean towels, AC remote, homey kitchen and living room and the breakfast was lovely, must try the Nutella Croissant and Granitas!

• 12th Aug 2014

Pros: clean and tidy, big kitchen. Cons: Italians use the kitchen for hours so good luck. The wifi only works well in the court yard. Your breakfast is a €1 per day credit for a vending maching that allows u to get either 1 cup of coffee or 2 cookies. WTF. CATANIA SUCKS. go stay in Taormina

This was a clean hostel and the rooms looked lovely from what I can see on the Outside. However, I stayed in a dorm where the room was never locked and people coming in and out all the time, unsure of if they worked there or were staying. Manager was having an argument with someone including physical contact in my room while I was there. Did not make me feel safe at all. Breakfast was despicable, 1 euro to spend in a vending machine.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Great potential but... Pros: good location lovely courtyard where everyone could meet/read a book/eat clean nice rooms fridge in the dormitory Cons: breakfast is "included" but there is none-only vending machine,you are given 1 e/day if you ask about it kitchen well furnished, but you are not welcome to cook, the fridge full of managers things/past guests, missing basics;olive oil,sugar,coffee hostile managers, do not speak english well, smoke inside poor internet, no computer/print

Private bathroom should be in the room, not in the corridor.

• 31st Jul 2014