City-in Hostel B&B Catania Reviews

via Grimaldi 2, Catania, Sicily, Italy

The place is very well cleaned. Place is far from loud music or people. Very well situated.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Philippines

Location is perfect. And everything was very clean. I've been there for 4 nights and it was very good. Nice people. Thanks!

This is a BB with 10 beds in a crampy dormroom with space for say 6, still the "director" as he calls himself made me pay 5 euro "tax" which I didn't have to pay anywhere else. He was unhelpful & useless, would constantly enter your room, doesn't speak decent English unless ur female, he didn't want to answer my questions let alone about sidetrips or visits to Etna etc don't expect a hostel vibe here. Kitchen is shut almost half the day. For 3 days it felt like h*ll, wished I stayed elsewhere.

I had a really nice stay in City-In for 3 nights. Our host Emanuela and his wife were so wonderful and making my stay at home. The accommodations are neat and tastefully decorated. Through their hospitality, I got to experience and taste the wonderful Catania in a very personal level in my short trip. I love this hostel/B&B. And I would love to come back Sicily again!

• 11th Mar 2014

The City-in Hostel B&B Catania was a pleasant experience for all my family. 5 of us stayed in 1 triple with private bath and 1 double with private bath. A paging intercom and double door entry provided a strong sense of security. The interior had a warm welcoming atmosphere with friendly and engaging conversation coming from the kitchen area.. The B&B is located just steps from the Castello Ursino, a must to visit. San Agata cathedral is a 10 minute walk away. City-in Hostel is a great value.

• 10th Mar 2014

The owner is a very good person. He`s really interested that you enjoy your stay. As I had fever, he even gave us a ride to the terminal when we`re leaving. The room I`ve been is great, but the wifi signal doesn`t get there (I think it`s just in this room). It`s clean and good. The only problem is that there were a water link in the shower box. But the hostel has a great value for money, the breakfast is good, and the owner is a nice and good person.

I stayed in the 4 bed dorm room and it was perfect! This is a very new hostel and the facilities are perfect, the showers are nice and hot, everything is perfectly clean, the wifi works great throughout the hostel and the breakfast is awesome!! I stayed for 4 nights and it's a perfect for day trips to Mt Etna, Syracuse, Taoramina. and easy to transfer to the Aeolian Islands. I definitely recommend this hostel.

I have been for 1 night . the B&B is clean and very well fornitured. Nice rooms , very cosy, very safe area even if it is near the market. In front of the castle. Please remember that you have to pay parking fee also on Saturday, Only Sunday is fro free. The landlord is very polite and available for any help. He serves you the breakfast

A brand new place close to the main attractions. A very comfortable place with a very helpful and friendly staff. Will go back there if back in Catania

Good location, staff friendly and helpfull. Everything is brand new. We could use the kitchen as many times as we wanted. Breakfast is good with fresh bread and brioche The only black point was that our room was facing a crowdy street @ night : very noisy til 2 am at week end. Need to use earplugs.