CityLights Hostel Reviews

R. Padre Garcia velho, 44, Pinheiros, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Excellent hostel, second time I stay there. Staff is really cool and location is amazing, close to metro station and good pubs and restaurants. Definitely recomended!

Had a very nice time, good base to explore São Paulo from. Great value for money, lovely beds, everything's in good working condition (wonderful showers). Highly recommended, helpful staff and relaxed atmosphere.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Perfect location, excellent staff, impeccable cleanliness, very very good music all the time, best bar with drinks and perfect atmosphere! I really have nothing bad to say, the hostel is the best i have been!

Citylights is like an oasis of shade and trees in the city. Awesome bar area and their ginger caprinha is a must try! They have some cute outdoors showers ( indoors as well ) and the atmosphere is great. Wifi did not work in the room and we had no ac so window was open and a lot of mosquitos in the room because of that.

Great hostel! Atmosphere was great, very clean, no issues with wifi. Water pressure in shower wasnt great, but that seems to be a common thing in Sao Paulo. Staff were very helpful. Make sure you bring mosquito repellant!

Beds are crammed apart from private room. Very hot rooms and not very knowledgable staff regarding the vicinity. But as we stayed there during carneval the value for money was ok. overall it was a good hostel, but there are beyter ones in the area.

Defenetly, one of the best hostels I've stayed...amazing stuff, good facilities, excellent wifi, awsome location...speechless (;

The guys on reception couldn't do enough to help us, very friendly and informative! The facilities were so clean, beds were comfy and the wifi worked really well. Only stayed one night but would happily return and definitely recommend to anyone looking to stay in São Paulo.

Thanks Girl... Good Vibes

CityLights is the best Hostel I've ever been. The staff are awesome and the place is very clean. The rooms are comfortable. I really liked the bathrooms! just saying.

• 12th Jan 2015

Quaint little hostel with good vibes! However there are not clear signs on the sidewalk. Close to the metro. Our room was a 4 person dorm with only a fan so it got quite hot. The fully functional kitchen was a great bonus

Hey Nacquita, thanks for your review. Your room is the most basic (38 Reais), we have another rooms, with air conditioner and much better for these hot days ( 40 degrees). But we put another fan there anyway. Thanks e come back

I made a booking in advance to ensure my stay, however when I showed up from my international flight they were closed. No email or anything to let me know. I haven't even received my deposit back. Very poor

Hy Rick, sorry about that, we had a big problem in our system in these days. And if you come back, we give you free nights. But let me know, how you can hate this, if you dont know about our staff, our rooms or our breakfast ? We love our hostel and we work hard there.... We stayed very sad about your hate ! Give us another chance !!!

I do not know what would be considered a great location in Sao Paulo, but there are lots of places to eat and go out around, and it is just 10 min away from subway station. Stuff, facilities, cleanliness and everything else are good.

Nice enough place in a good location - walking distance to the metro and plenty of bars. Not a lot happens at night here if you're looking for a party but I'm sure it's better on weekends. Very hot in the rooms - could do with better fans or air-conditioning. Definitely recommend the Cervejeria Nacional that they suggest if you like good beer

Lovely staff, good vibes.

I booked hostel for only one night but after seeing location , cleanliness and most important , staff behavior, I extend my stay for 2 more days. According to my experience so far , this is one of the best hostel which I have seen in Brasil. I believe there are so many others also but City light hostel is not less then any other. Hands Up for management . Defiantly would like to stay here in next trip as well.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Pakistan

A good location and nice staff! They are really helpful!

This is one of the best hostels I have ever been. It´s very well located, the rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms are clean.

The hostel is excellent and the staff is super nice!

Beautiful hostel, rooms are spacious. Only one shower on the second floor where the dorms are but I never had to wait too long. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. Felipe was the best, he makes the best caipirinhas. He invited us to a local party and we all went with him and had a great time. Overall I totally would stay there again if I am ever in Sao Paolo.

I really enjoyed my stay at the city lights!! I only stayed for a weekend and would stay a lot more! it is just like in the pictures, loved the architecture, the atmosphere and is very close to a metro station! all the staffs i met were very nice nice and helpfull. the only "bad" thing was that the weekend i went there there weren't many guests at the hostel. would totally recomend to anyone!!

• 22nd Aug 2014