CityLights Hostel Reviews

R. Padre Garcia velho, 44, Pinheiros, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Nice enough place in a good location - walking distance to the metro and plenty of bars. Not a lot happens at night here if you're looking for a party but I'm sure it's better on weekends. Very hot in the rooms - could do with better fans or air-conditioning. Definitely recommend the Cervejeria Nacional that they suggest if you like good beer

Lovely staff, good vibes.

I booked hostel for only one night but after seeing location , cleanliness and most important , staff behavior, I extend my stay for 2 more days. According to my experience so far , this is one of the best hostel which I have seen in Brasil. I believe there are so many others also but City light hostel is not less then any other. Hands Up for management . Defiantly would like to stay here in next trip as well.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Pakistan

A good location and nice staff! They are really helpful!

This is one of the best hostels I have ever been. It´s very well located, the rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms are clean.

The hostel is excellent and the staff is super nice!

Beautiful hostel, rooms are spacious. Only one shower on the second floor where the dorms are but I never had to wait too long. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. Felipe was the best, he makes the best caipirinhas. He invited us to a local party and we all went with him and had a great time. Overall I totally would stay there again if I am ever in Sao Paolo.

I really enjoyed my stay at the city lights!! I only stayed for a weekend and would stay a lot more! it is just like in the pictures, loved the architecture, the atmosphere and is very close to a metro station! all the staffs i met were very nice nice and helpfull. the only "bad" thing was that the weekend i went there there weren't many guests at the hostel. would totally recomend to anyone!!

• 22nd Aug 2014

cool hostel, very clean and staff were very helpful. bit quiet but perfect if you want to get your head down. breakfast was amazing.

The staff didn't bother to show/tell me anything about the hostel when I arrived. The place has a nice structure, tress around the outside area, the beds are comfortable. But there's only one bathroom on the second floor for a bunch of dormitories.

• 31st Jul 2014

City Lights is a really charming hostel. I was already in love with the pictures, and arriving there was not disappointed at all! The bar and common areas are so pleasing. The room was comfortable, with individual lights and plugs, which I find indispensable. The showers are delightful! Really hot with much water, very helpful for the cold weekend. The staff is quite a attentive, special thanks to Rafael and his valuable tips. Highly recommended hostel, hope to come back for more than a weekend!

Very modern, clean, and beautiful hostel. Only I came during winter and set up of the hostel is not really ideal for the weather!

Really nice hostel. Good location and great staff. Would definitely stay again when in Sao Paulo.

That was really the best hostel i've ever been. It was well decorated- even the 11 bed dorm was spacious. It was so safe- the door has a password. The staff was the best, you just become friends with them all at the end. The location was ok, in a good area and 5 mins to the metro by walking. The breakfast was not so great but still fruits, cereals, bread, etc. I recommend it to everyone.

Hello Nur, We are glad that you had a great time here and happy to known that CityLights is the best hostel that you've been. Indeed the breakfast is not a banquet, but for the prices of the hostel it's preety good, right? Please come back sometime. Cheers!

Could do with more showers indoors. Other than this, a fantastic, well laid out hostel. A pleasure to visit.

Everything was perfect . Just don't do your washing there costs 30r for a tiny basket and they don't even fold it lol . Apart from that I loved it all the staff are super friendly !

Hello Max, We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Sometimes when the hostel is fully booked is hard for us to fold the clother propely, we are sorry about that. Come back soon. Cheers!

Great hostel with great staff. If you're looking for a lively and busy atmosphere though, visit on a Friday or Saturday if you can.

It´s the best hostel I´ve ever been, very clean, good baths with hot showers, well located, just blocks from the vila madalena´s bar.

Great hostel. located very close to the crowded vila madalena, but not inside of it. Staff were really nice, and the facilities were cool. only disadvantage I felt - only one shower and bathroom in the main building. caused some troubles in the mornings. other than that, great.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Shalom Tal, We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Indeed the main bulding just have onebathroom/shower, but when they are busy you can always trie the showers and bathrooms that we have on the first floor. Cheers

It is centrally located and near the metro for easy access to the city. The staff is friendly and very helpful!

Hey Finn, Thanks for your review and come stay with us again! Cheers