Cityhostel Berlin Reviews

Glinkastr. 5-7, EGI G mbH, Berlin, Germany

First time in a hostel and it was a good experience!

• 17th Apr 2015

Hostel is very well located, in walking distance to the most important attractions of Berlin. There are also 2 metro stations nearby so you can quickly reach further places and the train station. The room was clean but the bathroom not due to the number of people who shared one bathroom and used to leave some trash there.

Perfect hostel to stay. For me was the best Price- Quality service, Good located. Even the crew of the hostal was nice, always help us

The wifi needs to be a lot better. If there were a lot of people on it, I couldn't connect or everything was really slow. I liked that there were separate bathrooms for men and women, but the showers didn't offer a lot of privacy to change. Also, the way the shower head faced was really awkward because the water was either way to hot or slightly to cold to stand in and if you didn't it blew the shower curtain out so people could see into the shower. And the bunk beds squeaked, but that's fine.

There is one station just 30 meters from the hostel. I recommend it!!

Shower did not work properly, as some times the hot water just stopped coming. I also had a little burnt on the shower tap, as it was extremely hot! Take care!

The showers were dingy with no real privacy. With the exception of one guy, I found the staffto be rude. The whole place just didn't feel clean. I don't know if it was the lighting. The WiFi doesn't work for most of the time. I am, to say the least, so glad I switched hostels studyinf my stay in Berlin.

Hello, thanks for you feedback, we are very sorry that you felt that uncomfortable in our hostel. But thanks very much for your advice to improve our hostel and service.

It wasn't any one thing, just a combination of things. Reception staff were more mechanical than friendly and helpful. When in a new city its great to have someone greet you with a smile, some advice and kindness. Didn't really happen here. Also room was pretty dirty as someone had spilt alot of some liquid near the sink - which for some bizarre reason was located in the main road. And lastly 4 of the people in my room decided to come back around 2 in the morning and make much noise till 4am...

It is very close to the metro station. I spend time to understand how to master Berin metro:( Location is not bad! It is close to the Mall of Berlin. It is very good to stay there when it is very cold outside.

Our room had no hot water. After informing reception multiple times nothing was done.

Hello, thanks for your feedback. We did something, we had some bigger problems during sme days reagrding the hot water, so unfortunately it was not that easy for us to fix, but finally we did. I am sorry that you were not informed by the staff that the fixing will take a bit longer.

The hostel should have security places to leave the baggage in the roon. The room should be more cleaning. The division between boys and girls in mix roons should be better.

• 28th Dec 2014

Hello, thanks for your review, we have lockers in each room, you just need a padlock to close them. Addionally we have a safe at the reception where we can store your valuables. Sorry but we only have mixed rooms.

Wifi doesn't work in the rooms and most of the time did not work in reception. The rooms are good, but the bathrooms are a bit poor.

Pretty sure there were bed bugs in room 212. Had up to 20 bites while I was there for a week.

• 16th Dec 2014

There was only 2 of us so we got a private room with an en suite (shower toilet and sink). The room was very big and the water in the shower was always hot. I was getting cold at night because I was a bit ill and the staff gave me an extra blanket when I asked for it. Only downside was that the double bed was made of two single beds pushed together, so we sometimes fell down the middle. Although that was more comical than annoying. Overall I would recommend this as an affordable clean hostel.

• 15th Dec 2014

Hello, thanks for the positive comment. great that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.

There was no kitchen available for guests. Wifi connection was a little spotty but overall worked fine. There were only two outlets in a 6-bed room. Breakfast was very good but kind of expensive. There was nothing bad about my stay; I would certainly be willing to stay here again but I wouldn't necessarily seek it out. Location was good and for the price that probably made it worth it.

hello, great to hear that you enjoyed the stay in general. We will also take your review to improve some details in the hostel.

loved the place! good prices, good staff, nice lounge area, only part i found weird was the amount of middle aged people who mildly made me feel uncomfortable (felt like i couldn't go in the game room because they were there)

• 5th Dec 2014

Hello, thanks very much for your positive respond.

Perfect location. Cold water in the showers at 9 a.m.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very good location, good sized rooms and secure for all staying there. The shower facilities were not very good as little places to change in privacy, and lack of toilets meant a lot of waiting around. The bunk beds were very squeeky and made it difficult to sleep most of the time as when someone moved slightly it would make a horrendous sound and wake everyone up

• 22nd Nov 2014

It was my second stay at cityhostel berlin, and my last. the staff were to busy with each other to serve at the bar or help with requests. whilst hostels need to make money and booking in large school parties is a way to do so, staying in a hostel with at least two very large groups of school children is not a pleasant experience. very disappointing overall, especially considering how much i had enjoyed the hostel 4 years earlier

I thought that the location was brilliant, the hostel was big and reasonably clean. The downsides to it were as follows: - On my first night arriving my friends and I had to be split up because they'd made a mistake with my booking (which I had booked 4 months beforehand). - Some of the rooms smelt (kind of like rotting meat, although I'm not certain what it smelt like exactly- just bad!) - Only 2 plug sockets in each room (and with 6 people in there I don't think that's enough

• 7th Nov 2014

Hi, thanks for your feedback. We are really sorry that you and your friends were splitted up for the first night. But you have to realize that you just booked beds and not rooms when you stay in a hostel. So in some cases it can happen that we have to split guests. kind regards