Cityhostel Berlin Reviews

Glinkastr. 5-7, EGI G mbH, Berlin, Germany

loved the place! good prices, good staff, nice lounge area, only part i found weird was the amount of middle aged people who mildly made me feel uncomfortable (felt like i couldn't go in the game room because they were there)

• 5th Dec 2014

Perfect location. Cold water in the showers at 9 a.m.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very good location, good sized rooms and secure for all staying there. The shower facilities were not very good as little places to change in privacy, and lack of toilets meant a lot of waiting around. The bunk beds were very squeeky and made it difficult to sleep most of the time as when someone moved slightly it would make a horrendous sound and wake everyone up

• 22nd Nov 2014

It was my second stay at cityhostel berlin, and my last. the staff were to busy with each other to serve at the bar or help with requests. whilst hostels need to make money and booking in large school parties is a way to do so, staying in a hostel with at least two very large groups of school children is not a pleasant experience. very disappointing overall, especially considering how much i had enjoyed the hostel 4 years earlier

I thought that the location was brilliant, the hostel was big and reasonably clean. The downsides to it were as follows: - On my first night arriving my friends and I had to be split up because they'd made a mistake with my booking (which I had booked 4 months beforehand). - Some of the rooms smelt (kind of like rotting meat, although I'm not certain what it smelt like exactly- just bad!) - Only 2 plug sockets in each room (and with 6 people in there I don't think that's enough

• 7th Nov 2014

Hi, thanks for your feedback. We are really sorry that you and your friends were splitted up for the first night. But you have to realize that you just booked beds and not rooms when you stay in a hostel. So in some cases it can happen that we have to split guests. kind regards

The only good thing- located in a decent spot. The staff are very unhelpful, a bit air headed you may say. Gave us the wrong idea about a tour that we could turn up and by tickets at any time - when in fact we had to pre book and missed out altogether. The wifi is friken terrible, to the point where we had to return to an Asian restaurant we ate at the previous night to scab off their wifi (still had the password) to book accomodation for our next stay. Do not go here if u want to meet people.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Hello, thanks for your comment. We are really sorry that you got the wrong infomation from our staff regarding tours and tickets. We know about the WIFI problem but working on a solution.

This hostel was perfect for where I needed to be the weekend I went to visit. It is directly centered in Berlin, really close to Potsdamer Platz and Brandenburger Tor. There is a supermarket around the corner in case you forget toothpaste or want to buy beer and food without having to pay exorberent prices at restaurants and bars. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only complaint I guess would be that the WIFI only seemed to work in the lounge-- but that wasn't so terrible.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here.

I only stayed 1 night & wanted a place to easily access the airport. I had very heavy luggage and was grateful for an elevator & to be close to a bus station (as well as subway). The beds had individual lights, which was a nice feature. Linen was provided but for some reason no pillow case? There were pillows so maybe they give pillow cases if you ask for it... There is no kitchen to prepare food, but the reception will store items in the fridge if you ask them. Great price & location!

Nice spacious room. Small shared bathrooms that although not massively dirty could definitely could be cleaner. No kitchen at all. Not even tea/coffee station (You can buy from vending machine in lobby) and you can buy breakfast and lunch, but you can't make anything yourself. Apart from that it was nice enough.

Staff were reasonably rude and dismissive on arrival. Was not willing to help us with our questions of Berlin at all. We had a camp of school kids who made a lot of noise in the hallways right up until we left the facility at 6am. There's a lack of powerpoints in the dorm room, could only find two for 8 people to share! Bathrooms were clean but showers are pretty exposing!

Excellent breakfast

The hostel is nice, clean and placed in a good location. Staff is helpful and English speaking. But other visitors of the hostel were very noisy during the whole night :-(

Very nice!

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

WiFi was SLOW but breakfast was SO GOOD (eggs, cereal, bread, fruit, meat, cheese, veggies, coffee, tea etc). The facility is large with an outside patio, the location is good (a lot of attractions are within walking distance), shower rooms were separate from the toilets (at least on my floor), beds were very comfortable, clientele has a generally wide age range with families thrown in the mix.

Good location for walking to famous sites such as the Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag building and Checkpoint Charlie. The room was spacious and clean but the showers weren't the best- those in the toilets had a see-through panel between them and a grotty shower curtain however the ones next door were slightly better. The 1st morning we had a free breakfast however the 2nd morning the staff told us it was 5 euros for the breakfast which was ridiculous!

Nice, safe hostel in a good location. Staff could have been much friendlier than they were.

Hello, thanks for your review. It is great for us that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. We will tach our staff to be more friendly.

The shower room has no privacy at all! There are glasses dividing the shower boxes and broken curtains to "keep your privacy". However, the rooms are good and big, with a great locker. We could use the luggage room before check in and after check out.

Hello,thanks for your feedback. WE know that we have to change something in the common showers adn will do it as soon as possible. Nice that you enjoyed your stay here in our hostel aprt from this.

Shabby shower and toilet. Unreasonable check in and off time.

Thank you for your rating. Check-in from 3pm and check-out to 10am are normal in the Berlin. The quality of our communal showers we are working on and are pleased to present you at the next visit a nicer shower.

Overall a nice place to stay. Helpful staff and a great location for touristy things. Less of a good location for clubbing or finding cool hangouts. Due to the huge size of this hostel, the atmosphere is more like a hotel meaning it is difficult to meet people. There are no locks or individual cubicles for showers, which means privacy is limited. Toilets could be cleaner.

• 21st Aug 2014

Thank you for your rating. We have included it in our feedback session and are constantly working on the quality. Greetings from Berlin!

Common bathrooms and showers where terribly dirty in the morning. I woke up around 9.pm to take the shower and it was impossible to find a clean shower.

• 16th Aug 2014