Cityhostel Berlin Reviews

Glinkastr. 5-7, EGI G mbH, Berlin, Germany

Shower did not work properly, as some times the hot water just stopped coming. I also had a little burnt on the shower tap, as it was extremely hot! Take care!

The showers were dingy with no real privacy. With the exception of one guy, I found the staffto be rude. The whole place just didn't feel clean. I don't know if it was the lighting. The WiFi doesn't work for most of the time. I am, to say the least, so glad I switched hostels studyinf my stay in Berlin.

Hello, thanks for you feedback, we are very sorry that you felt that uncomfortable in our hostel. But thanks very much for your advice to improve our hostel and service.

It is very close to the metro station. I spend time to understand how to master Berin metro:( Location is not bad! It is close to the Mall of Berlin. It is very good to stay there when it is very cold outside.

Our room had no hot water. After informing reception multiple times nothing was done.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hello, thanks for your feedback. We did something, we had some bigger problems during sme days reagrding the hot water, so unfortunately it was not that easy for us to fix, but finally we did. I am sorry that you were not informed by the staff that the fixing will take a bit longer.

The hostel should have security places to leave the baggage in the roon. The room should be more cleaning. The division between boys and girls in mix roons should be better.

• 28th Dec 2014

Hello, thanks for your review, we have lockers in each room, you just need a padlock to close them. Addionally we have a safe at the reception where we can store your valuables. Sorry but we only have mixed rooms.

Wifi doesn't work in the rooms and most of the time did not work in reception. The rooms are good, but the bathrooms are a bit poor.

Pretty sure there were bed bugs in room 212. Had up to 20 bites while I was there for a week.

• 16th Dec 2014

There was only 2 of us so we got a private room with an en suite (shower toilet and sink). The room was very big and the water in the shower was always hot. I was getting cold at night because I was a bit ill and the staff gave me an extra blanket when I asked for it. Only downside was that the double bed was made of two single beds pushed together, so we sometimes fell down the middle. Although that was more comical than annoying. Overall I would recommend this as an affordable clean hostel.

• 15th Dec 2014

Hello, thanks for the positive comment. great that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.

There was no kitchen available for guests. Wifi connection was a little spotty but overall worked fine. There were only two outlets in a 6-bed room. Breakfast was very good but kind of expensive. There was nothing bad about my stay; I would certainly be willing to stay here again but I wouldn't necessarily seek it out. Location was good and for the price that probably made it worth it.

hello, great to hear that you enjoyed the stay in general. We will also take your review to improve some details in the hostel.

loved the place! good prices, good staff, nice lounge area, only part i found weird was the amount of middle aged people who mildly made me feel uncomfortable (felt like i couldn't go in the game room because they were there)

• 5th Dec 2014

Hello, thanks very much for your positive respond.

Perfect location. Cold water in the showers at 9 a.m.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very good location, good sized rooms and secure for all staying there. The shower facilities were not very good as little places to change in privacy, and lack of toilets meant a lot of waiting around. The bunk beds were very squeeky and made it difficult to sleep most of the time as when someone moved slightly it would make a horrendous sound and wake everyone up

• 22nd Nov 2014

It was my second stay at cityhostel berlin, and my last. the staff were to busy with each other to serve at the bar or help with requests. whilst hostels need to make money and booking in large school parties is a way to do so, staying in a hostel with at least two very large groups of school children is not a pleasant experience. very disappointing overall, especially considering how much i had enjoyed the hostel 4 years earlier

I thought that the location was brilliant, the hostel was big and reasonably clean. The downsides to it were as follows: - On my first night arriving my friends and I had to be split up because they'd made a mistake with my booking (which I had booked 4 months beforehand). - Some of the rooms smelt (kind of like rotting meat, although I'm not certain what it smelt like exactly- just bad!) - Only 2 plug sockets in each room (and with 6 people in there I don't think that's enough

• 7th Nov 2014

Hi, thanks for your feedback. We are really sorry that you and your friends were splitted up for the first night. But you have to realize that you just booked beds and not rooms when you stay in a hostel. So in some cases it can happen that we have to split guests. kind regards

The only good thing- located in a decent spot. The staff are very unhelpful, a bit air headed you may say. Gave us the wrong idea about a tour that we could turn up and by tickets at any time - when in fact we had to pre book and missed out altogether. The wifi is friken terrible, to the point where we had to return to an Asian restaurant we ate at the previous night to scab off their wifi (still had the password) to book accomodation for our next stay. Do not go here if u want to meet people.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Hello, thanks for your comment. We are really sorry that you got the wrong infomation from our staff regarding tours and tickets. We know about the WIFI problem but working on a solution.

This hostel was perfect for where I needed to be the weekend I went to visit. It is directly centered in Berlin, really close to Potsdamer Platz and Brandenburger Tor. There is a supermarket around the corner in case you forget toothpaste or want to buy beer and food without having to pay exorberent prices at restaurants and bars. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only complaint I guess would be that the WIFI only seemed to work in the lounge-- but that wasn't so terrible.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here.

I only stayed 1 night & wanted a place to easily access the airport. I had very heavy luggage and was grateful for an elevator & to be close to a bus station (as well as subway). The beds had individual lights, which was a nice feature. Linen was provided but for some reason no pillow case? There were pillows so maybe they give pillow cases if you ask for it... There is no kitchen to prepare food, but the reception will store items in the fridge if you ask them. Great price & location!

Nice spacious room. Small shared bathrooms that although not massively dirty could definitely could be cleaner. No kitchen at all. Not even tea/coffee station (You can buy from vending machine in lobby) and you can buy breakfast and lunch, but you can't make anything yourself. Apart from that it was nice enough.

Staff were reasonably rude and dismissive on arrival. Was not willing to help us with our questions of Berlin at all. We had a camp of school kids who made a lot of noise in the hallways right up until we left the facility at 6am. There's a lack of powerpoints in the dorm room, could only find two for 8 people to share! Bathrooms were clean but showers are pretty exposing!

Excellent breakfast