Cityhostel Berlin Reviews

Glinkastr. 5-7, EGI G mbH, Berlin, Germany

1910 Total Reviews

There was one member of staff who was quite rude but all the other staff were very helpful.

This hostel is in the perfect location in Berlin, walking distance to all the museums and other attractions worth visiting. The facilities were clean, there was a bar that served beer and a games room with pool table and table football. The room itself was fine, key card entrance and shower/toilet rooms on each floor. Few small complaints were the amount of young people "14-16" years old and the wifi was really slow, they weren't deal breakers though.

Location is good next to the train station and several subway stops. Staff seem to be very unenthusiastic when I was checking in and not very helpful overall during my stay. In particular the luggage room was always irritating because I would ring the bell and they wouldn't open the door so I'd have to climb back up to the front desk. Room was clean and bathrooms decent. Would have liked larger lockers if possible and breakfast not included. Cheap prices though...

The staff were super friendly and helpful! The place was clean and in walking distance to many sites! I found the maids rude and inconsiderate though. The key cards only work for about 15 minutes after they give them to you as well so that's annoying!

Really nice hostle. Our stay was really nice and it was simple and easy to just get into our room and get settled. It was clean and the staff were very friendly. Only issue people would have is the location from the station, it's a little difficult to get there so a taxi is the best option

• 20th Jun 2015

Was a regular hostel.. Toilet and bathroom are not that close, you have to walk a lot.. And there are only some flying curtains in the showers, so be aware..

We enjoyed our stay here however we were disappointed the nintendo wii was broke!!!! It also took us a good while to find the hostel as the directions given on this website were too vague. A "3 min walk"...left? Right? We didn't know!! Good location right next to Checkpoint Charlie and a lot of main sights. A cheap supermarket near by as well as 2 U-Bahn stations. Would recommend!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Wifi didn't work while I was there, and the door swipe card worked very sporadically. Location is the best thing about it.

The Wifi was not working and needs constant resetting.

Could not sleep as there were people screaming in the corridors all night, also because there are some places to seat and drink outside( middle of the building) it was very loud. Room was also very hot. Staff does not know the meaning of a smile. Shower was weird, a bit of hot water, then cold, then boiling, then cold again.

Great place to stay, lots of common areas to meet other people.

Really enjoyed our stay here, very tourist friendly and helpful, good location and excellent room! Thank you

Reception was slow. Lots of kids running around and there were only 3 outlets for a 6 bed room? The room was very spacious and clean though

The hostel were pretty good. I do recommende.

Nice, clean, modern hostel that is stituated right in the heart of the city. Good value for money. Would have liked a kitchen. Breakfast is 4.5€. Nice stay for a few nights. Would return.

Horrible location, met no one worth meeting, no atmosphere. Had the worst room mates, very rude...

God location

You are a backpacker? Don't go there. It's a huge hostel but more like a hotel where lots of families or school groups stay. Staff was not very friendly and helpful, toilets and showers were disgusting and the atmosphere was nonexistent. Even though the location is okay, I would not stay there again.

Overall was a good experience. Hostel has very good location, next to metro stations, you can walk to the center and main sightseeing. Room was clean and enough space.

I stayed in a single room while on a business trip and found the place immediately homely and comfortable. There were lots of school trips staying there when I was there which wasn't a problem for me and it was nice to see a real range of ages in the guests. The staff were lovely, I didn't have the chance to use many facilities but there seemed to be plenty on offer. The most important thing for me was location which was great, central and near lots of transport options.