Citystay Mitte Reviews

Rosenstrasse 16, Berlin, Germany

A little decor is needed in the surrounding area of the hostel. I'm mean in the front of the hostel.

• 27th Aug 2015

The shower was awful! Push button that went off after 15 seconds (hardly long enough to even get wet!). To make matters worse, the light was sensor activated but didn't reach the shower stall area so the light would go off after a few minutes and you'd have to stick your arm out and wave around and maybe the light would come back on. Wifi in the rooms was good but I only stayed one night and I'm glad!

Only thing missing was a kitchen! But lucky enough we could use a microwave. I enjoyed my stay here. Toilets and showers were clean and it was nice and close to the train station and supermarkets etc

The dirty hostel i have being in my life!! They makes me pay extra money from what my book was

Good clean hostel, and we had no problem with wifi. Excellent location, we walked everywhere. Only downside is the lights in the showers turn of a lot whilst you clean, which is irritating.

• 17th Aug 2015

Your rooms need to have air conditioning for the summer it gets very stuffy expressly when there are 8+ peopl in the room Also the showers are not the best but you know that One good thing is it's not to far to walk to the sites your in very good spot and to the trains as well. Thank you for your time

• 16th Aug 2015

The shower has an automatic light that turns off every 2 minutes, it's horrible that when you are showering the lights turn off completely!!! It was very loud at night, the people downstairs who were in the patio were loud until 5 am!

Good hostel. Good facilities and fairly clean. Breakfast is provided but overpriced for what is available. Plenty to eat around the hostel. Good location to other attractions and transportation staff was friendly and helpful. Bar in the hostel was a good place to meet people and had good prices.

I really loved this hostel! Was in a great location, clean, nice spacious rooms! It's a real shame you didn't have a kitchen :( that would have been perfect! And sometimes the staff weren't that friendly (seemed grumpy when you asked for help) but otherwise I really liked staying here! Would definitely come again!

overall good hostel, really central location with public transport near by! good security, having to use key cards to get through a number of doors. rooms were big and clean! only downside is a compulsory payment for sheets, other than that a nice hostel.

location and price

Everything was pretty good besides the lift breaking and having to press the shower button a lot. Sometimes staff were a bit rude also

It was a pleasant stay. The service was good and the room was clean. I didn't use many facilities so I can't really judge on that but my overall impression was good.

First things THE WIFI IS FIXED - so you can ignore all of the previous bad feedback on that. It's fast, stable and works everywhere. Location of the hostel is brilliant! Security cards are issued which is good but I wasn't too happy to find the bin in my private room had been emptied. I cacan understand emptying a bin in a dorm where you can lock your belongings in a locker but when it's a private room with no locker, it's not nice having someone in there.

Thanks for your rating. We are really happy that WiFi is working finally. We clean every room daily. We are really sorry that this was not ok for you. If you do not want the cleaningstaff to come in your room please write a message. Then we will not clean your room until you are checked out. We also offer our safe at the reception for valuables you want to be stored safely. Sorry for any inconvenience Martin

The lockers' size in the room wasn't enough for putting your backpack, it was possible to put your important stuff only, not the whole bag. The location was excellent and the stuff was very friendly&helpful. The breakfast was worth to pay that amount. The cleanliness of the bathrooms could have been better but it still it was OK. The atmosphere of the room area and bar was so friendly. I recommend this hostel!

Rooms were unbearably hot with no fans or aircon. Windows only opened slightly making it even hotter.

• 4th Aug 2015

Thanks for your rating, yes this August is really unusual hot. Opening the windows does only help during the night otherwise it will even get hotter. We will work on the berlin weather, so that it will be a maximum of 32°C, hope it works...

Great location, friendly staff and is very clean however the wifi and shower facilities are not the greatest. The wifi cuts out every few minutes and you constantly have to sign in. The staff even know about this even telling us to go use McDonald's or Starbucks around the corner? The showers only last about 15 seconds before you have to re push the button. Also the sensor light turns off mid way through showering so found myself waving my arms in he dark to turn the light on

• 2nd Aug 2015

Terrible showers & Internet. Showers in very short timers & light constantly goes off while showering. No internet in rooms & hard to get in reception. Very hot rooms in Summer. Lots of street noise- hard to sleep

wifi didnt work at all, had to leave the hostel to be able to get internet access. no eftpos available so bring cash. vibe wasnt fun. great location

Dear guest, we are sorry that you did not like your stay. meanwhile we put wifi on all floors and hope that this will be working fine.

Excellent location. But...The room was small, the bathrooms were not very good and very far away from the room. Bar staff unhelpful, left waiting to be served for a long time even though they had seen us waiting - also sent us to terrible bars. TERRIBLE WIFI - doesn't reach rooms and awful in lobby. Also no kitchen! Room faced courtyard which was loud late into the night - annoying. Aside from that, decent atmosphere, good bar (if you can get them to serve you) & affordable laundry service.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6