Citystay Mitte Reviews

Rosenstrasse 16, Berlin, Germany

All good except for the wifi didn't work properly even in common area, no wifi in dorms. If you rely heavily on the internet to find your way around in the city, it's not a good idea to stay there.

great hostel, just need lockers to put your bags in.

The wifi is non existant. Like it literally doesn't exist. Don't expect to use it during your whole time at the hostle. I was there for 4 days and couldn't get onto it once...... And all the staff ever said when I asked was "sorry, there are a lot of people using it"

• 22nd Jun 2015

We found the hostel to be very comfortable and well located in the city! The only issue was the toilets which need to be monitored more closely (smelt of urine).

Internet was horrible. Couldn't always connect and would only ever work in the reception area. May as well not have internet as we had to go to other places and use their free internet. Showers would also turn off all the time.

Rooms are good, but would be great if the beds had curtains, as many others in hostels do now to block out light and for privacy. Don't expect to get a good wifi connection in the common area (only place they have it) if there are any other people there, it's ridiculously slow! Best to go on early in the morning before everyone else gets up and logs on.

Nice clean hostel, good atmosphere, bad wifi and they charge extra for linen. Great location in central Berlin.

• 19th Jun 2015

A major inconvenience was that the wifi only worked downstairs near reception. And it was slow if a few people were all using it at the same time. The hostel is in a good spot. Could walk to all the major sights and it was only a few train stops from the good clubs. Only one of the showers worked on my level when I was there. The beds are pretty comfy though.

The wifi is horrific. If are going to have large groups of people staying in hostel you need to have decent wifi

• 17th Jun 2015

On my checkout day a dark lady was very rude. She came into my room didnt even knock. I was sleeping she was rude saying i had missed check out time. I explained i missed my alarm i would get my stuff together and leave. She said i had 5 mins to get out. 5 mins later i was all packed and putting on my shoes on when another girl came in and said she would charge me if i didnt leave that minute. I could understand but there was 4 more beds empty. Other than that great place

• 17th Jun 2015

The staffs are really helpful. They helped me lots However, their facility is very poor - Not enough power socket for each beds. In my case, 6 sockets share with ten ppl. - Reading Lamps out of order, some light bulb even gone away. - Very small locker space, is it difficult to put my laptop in it. - Ultimately Disaster weak and little coverage of the Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi only provided at the reception and share slow-speed internet with ppl in this large building .

Stayed in a 2 bedroom with shared (communal) bathrooms. Bathroom toilets were very unclean some without toilet paper. Showers have time limit on water and lights may turn off during shower. Free wifi as advertised could hardly pass as wifi - also only available in the reception area not in rooms. Staff were not overly helpful on arrival compared to other places which we have stayed.

• 6th Jun 2015

Very central location, quiet rooms, wi-fi was not always good.

Staff were great and the location is excellent. The wifi is pretty bad though and thats really important to someone who is traveling.

For the most part, I enjoyed my stay. The rooms were large and tidy, and the staff friendly. However, my one complaint is towards the women who checked us in. She had a real attitude and acted in a condescending matter towards my friends I. She is the woman who has the green bat earrings and the eyes as dark as mud. She was the one blemish in our stay. The one worker with the awesome beard was very friendly and acted as a foil to the receptionist.

Good location, only 10 min walk from museum quarter. Wifi only available in the lounge/social area, but this was actually good because made meeting people very easy. Very nice courtyard area great for chilling. Decent all you can eat breakfast available for only 5.50 euros. Bar serving very cheap drinks. Less than 5 min walk from area with lots of restaurants/cafes/supermarket. Clean and spacious rooms.

Very nice place, I would definitely stay here again

My only issue was that the wifi was unpredictable

The hostel itself is fantastic.The location is superb! It´s clean, the staff is friendly. There is only one little detail which is the wifi that doesn´t work properly. Despite having this little problem, I really recommend this hostel. It´s one of the best that I have ever been.

Very nice hostel and we enjoyed our stay! Only draw back is that it doesn't take card!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4