Citystay Mitte Reviews

Rosenstrasse 16, Berlin, Germany

We only stayed one night, but everything was perfect!

They need to get better wifi it is bad only works half the time. Great location but doesn't have a great vide for a solo traveler.

Extremely friendly staff, good atmosphere, great location, Wi-Fi wasn't very reliable and deposits were steep for essential things like lockers that only work with locks from the desk, but will definitely book again when I am next in Berlin

• 21st May 2015

Location of the hostel was great, staff were friendly and very helpful. If you have a little more money to spend then the fact that breakfast is not included should not be fine. Break at costs €5.50 and they also charge €2.50 for sheets.

Good location. Comfy beds. Clean sheets. Really dodgy wifi - very slow and unreliable.

The staff weren't very friendly, only one actually made an effort to answer our questions and help us. The cleaners start early in the morning when everyone is getting up to check out and clean the showers and stuff which is quite annoying because it takes ages to have a shower. Breakfast wasn't free and I've had better at hostels that offer free breakfast WiFi was hopeless and kept dropping out.

• 17th May 2015

Super fresh hostel with perfect location. The only thing I have to comment is all the extra costs we had to pay that we hadn't counted on. Such as, linen, deposit for keys, taxes and such. So it was about 5 extra euros per person so your'e prepared for that if you have a tight budget. But I truly recommend this hostel, everything was great!

Needs better wifi

Good place, really good location, pumping atmosphere, nice staff, only annoying thing was no WiFi in the rooms.room send sometimes the music playing in the lobby as weird, but overall good place to stay! I would defs recommended

• 8th May 2015
  • Angola

Generally a decent hostel, great location and good value. However staff were disinterested, bored and unhelpful and the facilities were of average cleanliness.

• 7th May 2015

Loved my stay here! Will definitely stay here again if I return to Berlin.

Great location next to Alexander Platz, easy to get to using S bahn, tram and walking. Didn't think it was worth how much we paid though, WiFi was poor even in the communal area, and the room smelled and was dirty. Was nice having a bar to socialise and was pretty standard as hostels go, just paid too much for it.

The hostel was in a fantastic location and there was nothing major I could fault. The staff however I found had minimal customer service and were quite rude. Myself, I had no specific issues with them but watching them laugh and make rude comments after the lady in front of me asked where the showers were was disgusting. I was also accused of not paying for breakfast when I asked for a bowl which I had to debate that I absolutely had!

• 1st May 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed at City Stay Hostel from the 24th until 26th of April. On Friday the staff was really hospital, open and helpful (Meryam (spells?) - is amazing and very serviceminded, but still herself and natural). We enjoyed the double-bed room, and we rented some bikes, which was such a nice experience. BUT: On our last day at the hostel (Sunday), the staff seemed very tired, didn't pay attention, even though there was no people in the bar/reception....

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

Wifi didnt in the rooms, just a few from the staff were nice. Apart from that, the hostel is cheap for its location, very modern and clean.

My brother and I stayed in a private roon here for two nights and were quite satisfied. Pros: Clean, spacious rooms. Happy hour available at the bar. Cons: Overpriced breakfast. Wifi only available in the main lobby which is separate from the rooms. Crappy environment due to people being on their phones all the time because wifi. If internet connection is important to you finding a different hostel may be worthwhile.

Excellent location, very friendly staff and overall, very pleased with my stay.

• 10th Apr 2015

Toilets should be cleaned often.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Ukraine

The hostel is great. Very central so that we could walk to most places. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Happy hours are cool. Cleanliness was also good. We would recommend it for sure.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel had a lovely atmosphere. The only downside was that the blonde lady at reception was hostile and a bit rude. Not exactly what we were expecting. The tall guy with the pony tail was the only staff member that was consistently kind, friendly and willing to help!

• 3rd Apr 2015