Citystay Mitte Reviews

Rosenstrasse 16, Berlin, Germany

Someone came into my bed one night at 5am who wasn't even in our room, took all my stuff off the bed, got in it and spilt beer on all my clothes. Told staff about it as didn't want to cause drama in the room and wake everyone up. They said they couldn't do anything about it but give me a bed in another room. So basically they were happy to have a random in my bed and kick me out into another room whilst my stuff was in a different room. Good location but staff were terrible, not helpful at all.

Our stay in Berlin was fantastic; however, there were some issues. For one of the most wired cites in the world, the WIFI sucked. Rooms had no WIFI and it was only available in the front reception/ bar = antisocial atmosphere. We also didn't appreciate the hoards of school kids running around the hostel at all hours of day and night. Worst. Our door lock broke locking us out of our room (Saturday). instead of calling a locksmith reception had to let us in and out of our room till Monday.

Really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The staff were great and very helpful when I needed to change my booking and add a few days. Only annoyance was groups of schoolchildren but you can't control that and staff did a decent job of enforcing noise rules so they weren't much of an issue.

great place for backpackers. comfortable and clean. i would come back if i were to be in berlin again. great atmosphere.internet was bit dodgy sometimes.bt who needs wifi if you have people to talk to

Had a great vibe with lots of people hanging out in the common area. However most of them were using the wifi, which didn't reach up to the rooms. The bar was a nice place to sit and have a beer!

Staff were good. Some friendlier than others. Private room was fairly small, not a lot of room for 2 people and 2 backpacks. Showers were on a timer. Wi-Fi didn't work in rooms.

Overall pretty happy with this hostel. Great location. Bar open for 23 hours of the day!! Staff extremely friendly and happy to help. Only downside would be that one of the mornings a cleaner walked into our room (to check to see if our bin needed to be emptied) at 9am whilst my fiancé and I were still asleep - no knock on the door. Also wifi doesn't work in the rooms - only in the bar/reception/common area. Pillows were basically non existent - well passed used by date. Would recommend though!

Great location, clean and spacious rooms. Only downfall was that there was no kitchen

Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean. Bathroom was clean and plenty of hot water!!

The location and breakfast were good. The charge for the linen was expensive considering it was just to have sheets in your bed and when you leave you have to strip the bed yourself and take the sheets downstairs nt sure what the charge is for.

Great breakfast, clean, and in the city center. Overall a great experience except for one horrible thing: picked up bed bugs.

• 13th Sep 2014

The bathrooms on my floor were always a bit grose unfortunately, and I think that breakfast is a bit too expensive for a budget traveller. But I did enjoy my stay!

Overall the hostel and the experience was amazing, thanks. just 2 things I would really recommend to improve: a) the bathrooms were not that clean and b) when asking the front desk guy for a parking place recommendation, his answer was "ok do you see those big blue p signs? that is a parking lot". The location of the hostel is great, you can practically walk everywhere and the rooms are pretty good.

Staff could have been a bit more helpful at times. For price we paid for a private room with Ensuite, towels and especially a bath mat of some sort should be included in the price.this would save slipping over on the floor.

No social environment. Very close to the TV tower and other landmarks.

This location is in the city centre. 3 minutes from train station, 1 minute to bus stop. You can get excelent all u can eat breakfast with eur 5.5. The staffs are helpful but the room is standard. Overall, this is a good hostel for young people.

Overall I liked staying in this hostel, it's really near to Alexanderplatz and all the transports, the receptionists were friendly, the system to access the rooms was safe and the rooms were clean (except the hanging storage). However, considering the number of beds for each floor, the bathrooms should be clean more often during the day. Plus, the shower buttons turned off really fast (except the ones at the end of the corridor), and the presence lights in the showers were really annoying.

Amazing Location and nice rooms . Plenty of showers and toilets on each floor. I think its a bit cheeky to make us pay 5.50 Euro for a breakfast that most hostels give you for free. And not even any hot food included. Wifi is really bad. Doesn't work in the rooms at all which is crazy at a hostel of this size and even in the lobby, its really patchy.

• 6th Sep 2014

Would be ideal if the sharing bathrooms were cleaned more often as they weren't clean due to too many people using them. Also the laundry facilities should be expanded.

The staffs were cold and unfriendly. No wifi in the room and wifi in the lobby was very bad. Too many people share the toilets. The showers are quite dirty. The atmosphere is very strange. People do not talk to each other. Somehow I felt it was because the staff avoided to talk to anyone. I did not like the place. I moved to other hostel in Mitte which was very good and the price was one-third of I paid Citystay

• 6th Sep 2014