Citystay Mitte Reviews

Rosenstrasse 16, Berlin, Germany

The hostel is located centrally to many sights in Berlin. It was a little troublesome to find (..but that's likely because I'm not great with directions). The lounge and outdoor common area are an excellent place to meet some great people. Staff is overall great. I only encountered one person who seemed a bit stand offish. My biggest complaint is the creaking of the beds. Every movement made caused the bed to creak loud enough to wake up the whole room. Not an issue if you wear earplugs :)

In this hostel you not only have to pay a "city tax" but you also have to pay towels and linen as an extra. But the worst thing about this hostel is the noise. We stayed for 3 nites and it really bad every nite and the management refuse to be accountable for it. I've stayed in away better hostels in India and china so for a German hostel they should be ashamed of themselves. A very poor performance.

Felt cold and scary ;almost as if it was an asylum of sorts. Only 12 year olds were present, due to many school groups. Breakfast prices steep. Bar was boring. Wifi was a bad connection.

Very good hostel, friendly perfect location.

• 29th Jun 2015

All good except for the wifi didn't work properly even in common area, no wifi in dorms. If you rely heavily on the internet to find your way around in the city, it's not a good idea to stay there.

The employee with the beard is the ONLY one who knew any type of information regarding Berlin. (Transit system, attractions and basic layout of the city). Everyone else wasn't as welcoming or when asked about a certain shop on the map provided by the hostel...the response was 'you would know more about it then I would'. Just some advice....get to know your city.

great hostel, just need lockers to put your bags in.

The wifi is non existant. Like it literally doesn't exist. Don't expect to use it during your whole time at the hostle. I was there for 4 days and couldn't get onto it once...... And all the staff ever said when I asked was "sorry, there are a lot of people using it"

Great youthful backpacker vibe with a great common area to hang out in. The WiFi wasn't great, but we were happy with the location and price!

We found the hostel to be very comfortable and well located in the city! The only issue was the toilets which need to be monitored more closely (smelt of urine).

Internet was horrible. Couldn't always connect and would only ever work in the reception area. May as well not have internet as we had to go to other places and use their free internet. Showers would also turn off all the time.

Rooms are good, but would be great if the beds had curtains, as many others in hostels do now to block out light and for privacy. Don't expect to get a good wifi connection in the common area (only place they have it) if there are any other people there, it's ridiculously slow! Best to go on early in the morning before everyone else gets up and logs on.

Nice clean hostel, good atmosphere, bad wifi and they charge extra for linen. Great location in central Berlin.

• 19th Jun 2015

A major inconvenience was that the wifi only worked downstairs near reception. And it was slow if a few people were all using it at the same time. The hostel is in a good spot. Could walk to all the major sights and it was only a few train stops from the good clubs. Only one of the showers worked on my level when I was there. The beds are pretty comfy though.

The wifi is horrific. If are going to have large groups of people staying in hostel you need to have decent wifi

On my checkout day a dark lady was very rude. She came into my room didnt even knock. I was sleeping she was rude saying i had missed check out time. I explained i missed my alarm i would get my stuff together and leave. She said i had 5 mins to get out. 5 mins later i was all packed and putting on my shoes on when another girl came in and said she would charge me if i didnt leave that minute. I could understand but there was 4 more beds empty. Other than that great place

• 17th Jun 2015

This hostel is well located. The breakfast was ok value for money but there were lots of large school groups staying at the same time as us so we had to time breakfast well to avoid queuing.

The staffs are really helpful. They helped me lots However, their facility is very poor - Not enough power socket for each beds. In my case, 6 sockets share with ten ppl. - Reading Lamps out of order, some light bulb even gone away. - Very small locker space, is it difficult to put my laptop in it. - Ultimately Disaster weak and little coverage of the Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi only provided at the reception and share slow-speed internet with ppl in this large building .

Stayed in a 2 bedroom with shared (communal) bathrooms. Bathroom toilets were very unclean some without toilet paper. Showers have time limit on water and lights may turn off during shower. Free wifi as advertised could hardly pass as wifi - also only available in the reception area not in rooms. Staff were not overly helpful on arrival compared to other places which we have stayed.

• 6th Jun 2015

Very central location, quiet rooms, wi-fi was not always good.