Citystay Mitte Reviews

Rosenstrasse 16, Berlin, Germany

Overall, the hostel wass great. The room was big, the showers and toilets were most of the times clean and besides this the lounge area/bar at the lobby was great. However, I have talked to 3 staff members and 2 of them were absolutely horrible, both ladies. The 1 guy I talked to was super friendly and did a great job.

• 4th Nov 2015

This was my first time in Europe and first time staying in a Hostel. I fear that the standard has been set too high. Everyone who worked there was very easy to talk to and be around. I definitely felt as though I had a nice, safe place to come back to each night. I never felt I was paying too much and met tons of great people. The location could not be better.

• 31st Oct 2015

My stay was very good. The room for 8 had enough space, good lockers and a light on each bed. The vibe on the common room was not amazing to meet people, but they have a really nice open area in the middle of the building. The location is excellent and central. My biggest suggestion is to improve the training of staff in giving tips about the city, because this kind of help is very valuable for travelers! Overall, I would definitely go back because of the great value for money.

The bedrooms were fine but the bathrooms were discusting

The room I stayed in and washrooms I used were clean. Location is very good! The atmosphere is nice in the evenings. Though the staff isnt very helpful with tourist information and routes. I asked them for recommendations and they had none. Just directed me to the tourist centre. Even with the routes, they asked me to use google maps instead. Besides that though the hostel is great!

grate location !

• 22nd Oct 2015

I loved that its right in the heart of the city. It is also great that the rooms are not crammed even when there are 6 beds. Also, there was always a free shower or restroom available.

The rooms are spacious an in general the hostel is pretty quiet. The receptionist with short cropped hair was lovely and super helpful with all my tourist questions; although there was another 'worker' who spoke to me like a child as I searched for a tap to fill up the kettle. The pillows were lumpy which made for an uncomfortable sleep but other than that the hostel was fine for a couple of nights.

Very friendly & helpful staff. Extremely clean hostel. Large building with many clean bathrooms & showers. Good wifi connection. We had a very enjoyable stay here. Wish we would've booked longer.

Staff were wonderful, very helpful. Very big room, not the cleanest either but would stay again

We had a fantastic time at citystay mitte. The staff were all so hhelpful

Premier location between Hackescher Market and Alexanderplatz stations. Plenty of food options nearby. Great wifi. We had a private room with ensuite and the bed was very comfy, room was clean and quiet. Would certainly stay here again. Thanks!

• 28th Sep 2015

1 staff member left us waiting for half hour while he danced around and looked after 1 person while 11 of us stood around waiting for him. Checkin therefore took over an hour!

Love this place. If I come back to Berlin I'll probably stay here. Helpful staff. Location is great. Close to the markets and stores and train station and easy to locate from almost anywhere in Berlin because it's next to the tv tower. Come here if you need a place to stay in Berlin. I recall paying roughly 27/night. Decent deal in my opinion. Security is not bad. Just not perfect.

Stayed three nights and wouldn't stay any longer here. The rooms are spacious which is great but the bathrooms, I feel, are quite dirty. Didn't find the staff overly helpful but all in all its find for a few nights stay.

Overall decent place to stay within walking distance of many attractions. Staff was pretty rude aside from Rose, who was very helpful. Doesn't accept credit cards.

A number of different staff were extremely rude on several occasions. Not really fused on giving general advice on the city or places to eat etc. long wait at the bar as the same person 'mans' the desk and the 'check in' centre point. If you are just after an okay hostel and know your way around the city then it is definitely okay but I have stayed in much better.

Great location! Walking distance to all the main sites as well as a couple of train lines. Staff were helpful and friendly, rooms clean although lockers were small and only use a certain kind of lock. Also don't love that there was no kitchen! But the outside beer garden area is great for meeting people and gives the hostel a nice social vibe.

Good place. The bartender from Norway was amazing. I wish I could go back and stay forever xx

Absolutely wonderful location, environment, staff and value. One of the best prices I could find on short notice for three nights in a dorm and it was clean, organized, friendly and safe. A good place to meet other travelers as well from my experience. Thanks much!