Citystay Mitte Reviews

Rosenstrasse 16, Berlin, Germany

The hostel itself is fantastic.The location is superb! It´s clean, the staff is friendly. There is only one little detail which is the wifi that doesn´t work properly. Despite having this little problem, I really recommend this hostel. It´s one of the best that I have ever been.

Very nice hostel and we enjoyed our stay! Only draw back is that it doesn't take card!

Citystay had a location that can't be beat. It was my first hostel as a solo traveler and I found that it was difficult to meet other solo travelers, but the location made it easy for me to go out and explore the city by myself. Overall, no real complaints with the facilities or staff.

We only stayed one night, but everything was perfect!

Worst Hostel I have ever stayed at! The staff were so miserable and unhelpful. I was there for ten days and they didn't sweep my room once - in a 12 person dorm this creates a lot of dust so my clothes and back pack got so dusty! You only had 25 seconds of water in the shower before it turned off and the light was on a sensor so constantly turned off while you were in the shower. Not enough space to write all the bad things about this place but I would never recommend it to anyone!

The Location is so good,and in the Night it is quiet ;)

• 23rd May 2015
  • China

Not a fan of this hostel. Since I was traveling solo, an atmosphere where I could socialize and meet people was the most important thing. This is not the place to do that. Since there is only wifi in the lobby (still didn't really work) people are on their phones constantly trip planning and taking care of their business. For the price, the rooms were not that nice and the bathrooms were stinky and filthy. The staff were super grumpy. I left after 1 night and went somewhere else.

They need to get better wifi it is bad only works half the time. Great location but doesn't have a great vide for a solo traveler.

Wifi was essentially non-existent. It'd take at least 10 minutes to log on then it'd cut out before the first page could load. Luckily there were cafes nearby with free wifi that actually worked!

Extremely friendly staff, good atmosphere, great location, Wi-Fi wasn't very reliable and deposits were steep for essential things like lockers that only work with locks from the desk, but will definitely book again when I am next in Berlin

No atmosphere at all, Wifi is only available in the common area and half the time it never works, have to be there at the right time. The only thing I liked about this hostel was that it was the perfect location, all the main attraction are within walking distance. I was a single traveller and suggest staying here for one or two nights to see the attractions and switch to a better hostel that has a lot better atmosphere.

Location of the hostel was great, staff were friendly and very helpful. If you have a little more money to spend then the fact that breakfast is not included should not be fine. Break at costs €5.50 and they also charge €2.50 for sheets.

Good location. Comfy beds. Clean sheets. Really dodgy wifi - very slow and unreliable.

Citystay Mitte hostel was conveniently located in Mitte within walking distance of Museum mile and all the major attractions that Berlin has to offer. The hostel itself was very clean and security was very good. Breakfast is not included and costs €5 if you want to have it. The wifi was awful and as I was trying to book accommodation etc I had to go to a restaurant and buy lunch so I could their wi fi.

The staff weren't very friendly, only one actually made an effort to answer our questions and help us. The cleaners start early in the morning when everyone is getting up to check out and clean the showers and stuff which is quite annoying because it takes ages to have a shower. Breakfast wasn't free and I've had better at hostels that offer free breakfast WiFi was hopeless and kept dropping out.

Super fresh hostel with perfect location. The only thing I have to comment is all the extra costs we had to pay that we hadn't counted on. Such as, linen, deposit for keys, taxes and such. So it was about 5 extra euros per person so your'e prepared for that if you have a tight budget. But I truly recommend this hostel, everything was great!

Needs better wifi

Good place, really good location, pumping atmosphere, nice staff, only annoying thing was no WiFi in the rooms.room send sometimes the music playing in the lobby as weird, but overall good place to stay! I would defs recommended

• 8th May 2015
  • Angola

Generally a decent hostel, great location and good value. However staff were disinterested, bored and unhelpful and the facilities were of average cleanliness.

• 7th May 2015

Loved my stay here! Will definitely stay here again if I return to Berlin.