Citystay Mitte Reviews

Rosenstrasse 16, Berlin, Germany

The hostel was in a fantastic location and there was nothing major I could fault. The staff however I found had minimal customer service and were quite rude. Myself, I had no specific issues with them but watching them laugh and make rude comments after the lady in front of me asked where the showers were was disgusting. I was also accused of not paying for breakfast when I asked for a bowl which I had to debate that I absolutely had!

• 1st May 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed at City Stay Hostel from the 24th until 26th of April. On Friday the staff was really hospital, open and helpful (Meryam (spells?) - is amazing and very serviceminded, but still herself and natural). We enjoyed the double-bed room, and we rented some bikes, which was such a nice experience. BUT: On our last day at the hostel (Sunday), the staff seemed very tired, didn't pay attention, even though there was no people in the bar/reception....

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

Wifi didnt in the rooms, just a few from the staff were nice. Apart from that, the hostel is cheap for its location, very modern and clean.

My brother and I stayed in a private roon here for two nights and were quite satisfied. Pros: Clean, spacious rooms. Happy hour available at the bar. Cons: Overpriced breakfast. Wifi only available in the main lobby which is separate from the rooms. Crappy environment due to people being on their phones all the time because wifi. If internet connection is important to you finding a different hostel may be worthwhile.

Excellent location, very friendly staff and overall, very pleased with my stay.

Toilets should be cleaned often.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Ukraine

The hostel is great. Very central so that we could walk to most places. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Happy hours are cool. Cleanliness was also good. We would recommend it for sure.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel had a lovely atmosphere. The only downside was that the blonde lady at reception was hostile and a bit rude. Not exactly what we were expecting. The tall guy with the pony tail was the only staff member that was consistently kind, friendly and willing to help!

• 3rd Apr 2015

The location was excellent and the hostel was tidy and neat. Would definitely stay here again.

I would recommend this Hostel because it is really in a nice location. I would say that it could be more clean. Breakfast is not expansive (5,50€) and the choice is not that large at all.

Overall I had a pretty good time staying here. Except one of the staff members with the long beard was not very nice or helpful, he was rather condescending. By the end of my stay I felt as if I couldn't ask him for any help or directions. The showers were always warm but not very nice to look at. I'd stay here again but would look somewhere else first.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Wifi is not very good.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Quiet. Clean. Helpful staff!!

Staff: all staff we met were very nice and helpful EXCEPT this one blonde woman who refused to help us when we asked for local tips. Definitely the worst hostel employee we have ever come across No wifi in the rooms which was annoying but ultimately ok. Great beds, great common area and breakfast for the money Unfortunately (not the hostels fault) a ton of younger girls were screaming and running down the halls at 2:00am until 6am but other than that a great stay!

• 29th Mar 2015

The hostel is in a great location. To get to the rooms you have to enter the reception then go into a courtyard then into the building. The lockers are 1 ft by 1 ft, so you can not lock up your backpack. wifi was slow.

The hostel is centraly located, our ten bed dorm was really clean and spacious. Think the smaller rooms might be a bit dodgier tho. Nice bar and lobby area! However, the staaf were very confused and at some times not very service minded. All in all a good place though!

The kitchen was just a kettle, a microwave and use of bowls/plates. Staff weren't very friendly. Was clean but facilities weren't amazing. Good location though.

I can't find any complaints for this Hostel! It was a very pleasant stay. (Twin-Room) Even thou we weren't much in the hostel, the little time we spent there was great. Staff are very friendly and helpful, the locations is very convenient and amazing. Keep up the good work! If accommodation is every needed again in Berlin, We will definitely choose this Hostel again!

I enjoyed this hostel, very convenient location, all you can eat breakfast for 5.50, very clean with comfortable mattresses and key card entry. Only things to be aware of are the showers, they are the push a button for 30 seconds of water type, which I find pretty annoying (I know they are to save water). Also only internet in lobby which is kind of spotty. They said they are working on getting wifi in the rooms.

This is your standard big hostel with spartan rooms: bland, but totally okay since you'll be there only for sleeping anyway. The lobby and courtyard are really nice though! My only complaint, that is shared by other reviewers I believe: the wi-fi (which is only available in the lobby, not in the rooms), is maddeningly slow! Seriously, that's annoying: when you try to plan your day and want to check the best way to go somewhere or opening hours, it takes ages, if it works at all...