Citystay Mitte Reviews

Rosenstrasse 16, Berlin, Germany

6 bed female dorm was pretty small, should have only been 4 of us. The powerpoints were behind the bed planks too so hard to plug two iPhone charges into. Beds were comfy enough, and lockers provided but luggage was everywhere coz of limited space. Floor in bathroom also get very wet, maybe need floor towels? Also no toilet in ensuite?! I paid for an ensuite yet had to use my key during the night to go pee down the corridor! Rooms were clean and break u was good but not worth 5.50€. Staff good

Very good place, 3 minutes from s bahn. The staff were very helpful when something happened to me and were very friendly in general. The courtyard was a very nice touch, great for getting to know people over a drink. A kitchen would have been nice, and the lockers were very small. Overall though, a very nice hostel.

Location couldn't be any better! Breakfast is a bit overpriced for whats offered but besides that a great place to stay!

Great rooms and really friendly staff, right in the center of Berlin! The bathrooms where not that clean but that's the only thing I could complain about.

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • Sweden

Good location, helpful staff, even though we arrived before the 230pm check in, they still let us have our beds by 11. Very clean and spacious rooms too

• 31st Aug 2015
  • India

Great Hostel. Only concerns were that the bathroom lights sometimes didn't go on, so I had to use them in the dark, since the automatic lights were finicky.

Stayed in a 6 bed female dorm w a shower. Nice room, no air con. Very dirty floors. Staff were horrible at check in and even worse when we had a problem with our booking. Price included taxes however they charged an excess 50 euro and said that was for the taxes and wouldn't give it back even though legally it wasn't the price we agreed to pay. I would stay at this hostel for just the location. It was nice modern, plugs and light next to bed. Don't let staff attitude affect your stay.

Dear guest, we are happy you liked our house. for the taxes, you paid 3,25€ citytax per person. Also you paid a deposit for the keycards of 2 € each but this were completely given back to you.

A little decor is needed in the surrounding area of the hostel. I'm mean in the front of the hostel.

• 27th Aug 2015

Excellent hostel. Met some fantastic people here, it's very social. The rooms are clean and the facilities are good.

The shower was awful! Push button that went off after 15 seconds (hardly long enough to even get wet!). To make matters worse, the light was sensor activated but didn't reach the shower stall area so the light would go off after a few minutes and you'd have to stick your arm out and wave around and maybe the light would come back on. Wifi in the rooms was good but I only stayed one night and I'm glad!

Really good location and on site bar with outside seating which was a nice touch. Plenty of showers/toilets plus great rooms. Would highly recommend

Only thing missing was a kitchen! But lucky enough we could use a microwave. I enjoyed my stay here. Toilets and showers were clean and it was nice and close to the train station and supermarkets etc

The dirty hostel i have being in my life!! They makes me pay extra money from what my book was

Good clean hostel, and we had no problem with wifi. Excellent location, we walked everywhere. Only downside is the lights in the showers turn of a lot whilst you clean, which is irritating.

• 17th Aug 2015

Your rooms need to have air conditioning for the summer it gets very stuffy expressly when there are 8+ peopl in the room Also the showers are not the best but you know that One good thing is it's not to far to walk to the sites your in very good spot and to the trains as well. Thank you for your time

The shower has an automatic light that turns off every 2 minutes, it's horrible that when you are showering the lights turn off completely!!! It was very loud at night, the people downstairs who were in the patio were loud until 5 am!

Good hostel. Good facilities and fairly clean. Breakfast is provided but overpriced for what is available. Plenty to eat around the hostel. Good location to other attractions and transportation staff was friendly and helpful. Bar in the hostel was a good place to meet people and had good prices.

I've stayed here a few times and absolutely love it. The location is amazing, close to bars, food options and trains. Staff are super friendly and the rooms are clean, comfy and bright.

I really loved this hostel! Was in a great location, clean, nice spacious rooms! It's a real shame you didn't have a kitchen :( that would have been perfect! And sometimes the staff weren't that friendly (seemed grumpy when you asked for help) but otherwise I really liked staying here! Would definitely come again!

Would of been nice to have had a locker to put my stuff in when not in the hostel. Location was good for getting around. Appreciated the lift.