Citystay Mitte Reviews

Rosenstrasse 16, Berlin, Germany

The staffs are really helpful. They helped me lots However, their facility is very poor - Not enough power socket for each beds. In my case, 6 sockets share with ten ppl. - Reading Lamps out of order, some light bulb even gone away. - Very small locker space, is it difficult to put my laptop in it. - Ultimately Disaster weak and little coverage of the Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi only provided at the reception and share slow-speed internet with ppl in this large building .

Stayed in a 2 bedroom with shared (communal) bathrooms. Bathroom toilets were very unclean some without toilet paper. Showers have time limit on water and lights may turn off during shower. Free wifi as advertised could hardly pass as wifi - also only available in the reception area not in rooms. Staff were not overly helpful on arrival compared to other places which we have stayed.

• 6th Jun 2015

Very central location, quiet rooms, wi-fi was not always good.

Staff were great and the location is excellent. The wifi is pretty bad though and thats really important to someone who is traveling.

For the most part, I enjoyed my stay. The rooms were large and tidy, and the staff friendly. However, my one complaint is towards the women who checked us in. She had a real attitude and acted in a condescending matter towards my friends I. She is the woman who has the green bat earrings and the eyes as dark as mud. She was the one blemish in our stay. The one worker with the awesome beard was very friendly and acted as a foil to the receptionist.

Good location, only 10 min walk from museum quarter. Wifi only available in the lounge/social area, but this was actually good because made meeting people very easy. Very nice courtyard area great for chilling. Decent all you can eat breakfast available for only 5.50 euros. Bar serving very cheap drinks. Less than 5 min walk from area with lots of restaurants/cafes/supermarket. Clean and spacious rooms.

Very nice place, I would definitely stay here again

My only issue was that the wifi was unpredictable

The hostel itself is fantastic.The location is superb! It´s clean, the staff is friendly. There is only one little detail which is the wifi that doesn´t work properly. Despite having this little problem, I really recommend this hostel. It´s one of the best that I have ever been.

Very nice hostel and we enjoyed our stay! Only draw back is that it doesn't take card!

Citystay had a location that can't be beat. It was my first hostel as a solo traveler and I found that it was difficult to meet other solo travelers, but the location made it easy for me to go out and explore the city by myself. Overall, no real complaints with the facilities or staff.

We only stayed one night, but everything was perfect!

Worst Hostel I have ever stayed at! The staff were so miserable and unhelpful. I was there for ten days and they didn't sweep my room once - in a 12 person dorm this creates a lot of dust so my clothes and back pack got so dusty! You only had 25 seconds of water in the shower before it turned off and the light was on a sensor so constantly turned off while you were in the shower. Not enough space to write all the bad things about this place but I would never recommend it to anyone!

The Location is so good,and in the Night it is quiet ;)

• 23rd May 2015
  • China

Not a fan of this hostel. Since I was traveling solo, an atmosphere where I could socialize and meet people was the most important thing. This is not the place to do that. Since there is only wifi in the lobby (still didn't really work) people are on their phones constantly trip planning and taking care of their business. For the price, the rooms were not that nice and the bathrooms were stinky and filthy. The staff were super grumpy. I left after 1 night and went somewhere else.

They need to get better wifi it is bad only works half the time. Great location but doesn't have a great vide for a solo traveler.

Wifi was essentially non-existent. It'd take at least 10 minutes to log on then it'd cut out before the first page could load. Luckily there were cafes nearby with free wifi that actually worked!

Extremely friendly staff, good atmosphere, great location, Wi-Fi wasn't very reliable and deposits were steep for essential things like lockers that only work with locks from the desk, but will definitely book again when I am next in Berlin

No atmosphere at all, Wifi is only available in the common area and half the time it never works, have to be there at the right time. The only thing I liked about this hostel was that it was the perfect location, all the main attraction are within walking distance. I was a single traveller and suggest staying here for one or two nights to see the attractions and switch to a better hostel that has a lot better atmosphere.

Location of the hostel was great, staff were friendly and very helpful. If you have a little more money to spend then the fact that breakfast is not included should not be fine. Break at costs €5.50 and they also charge €2.50 for sheets.