Citystay Mitte Reviews

Rosenstrasse 16, Berlin, Germany

This is your standard big hostel with spartan rooms: bland, but totally okay since you'll be there only for sleeping anyway. The lobby and courtyard are really nice though! My only complaint, that is shared by other reviewers I believe: the wi-fi (which is only available in the lobby, not in the rooms), is maddeningly slow! Seriously, that's annoying: when you try to plan your day and want to check the best way to go somewhere or opening hours, it takes ages, if it works at all...

I left my luggage at the package room after the check out and when I picked it up I noticed that two of my bags were opened. Nothing was missing but it was not nice that somebody was looking into my things. I hope you have a camera there to avoid future problems. For the rest it was really good.

Close to lots of cool sites (5 minutes to Museum Island, 15-25 to Brandenburg Gate or Checkpoint Charlie). Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were spacious, clean, and lockers were secure. Would definitely stay here again.

Services are really expensive such as 1€50 for 20 minutes of internet, 15€ to print documents or 10€ deposit for a locker.

Hi, we offer free wifi and printing is free up to 10 pages. The deposit is refunded completely when you hand the padlock back.

Great central location, clean rooms and helpful staff. The only thing would be to have a rule on noise in the hallways passed midnight.

• 26th Feb 2015

really quiet bar.

During our stay at the Citystay hostel, there was a group of school students who made lots of noises during the night. We complained for a few times but the noise went on, even though the staff took action. You could say, that we stayed there at the wrong time. But maybe for next time, warn your guests in advance about the fact that in that week school students are staying in the hostel as well, or take into consideration to place other visitors at another floor.

Everything's good except for the crushingly slow wifi.

The bath and the toilet are separate: no tap water in the toilet, and the cleanliness can not be vouched for. There is no curtain for individual beds, little privacy there; for the staff, they was only one at the exception, but quite friendly, though one gave me the wrong information about a city tour we were interested in taking the day we arrive The internet is not guest friendly; one can only use in the lobby, with other guests... Generally average. Excellent location, only worth it.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • China

Hello, thanks for your comment on us. In every toilet we do have a sink and soap. Internet works in our lobby/bar area and is free.

- Shower turns off every 10-12 seconds. - Light in shower turns off because of shower curtain, can't detect person inside. - Shower curtains too small for the showers. - Double beds had sheets for single beds. - Not enough pillows / bad pillows. - Noisy rooms - towels small & old - couldn't understand wifi login website, German + Staff friendly/helpful + bar for drinks / hot drinks + location + cleaner does a very good job with the bathrooms etc

• 6th Feb 2015

Hi, thanks for your rating, the showers work with waterstop buttons because we want to safe water and energy, light only turns of, if there is no motion in the shower anymore. the showercurtains are the same size as the cabins need. I am really sorr, if the room had a wrong pillow, but we do have 24hours reception and you always can get new towels, pillows etc. Sorry you were not satified with us. martin

The staff was amazing, so helpful und always super nice! I was staying in a 6 bed dorm on the first floor and the wifi was working perfectly. The room was spacious even with a table and chairs. A supermarket and the S-Bahn station Hackescher Markt is very close. Overall I had a great time here and would come back again anytime.

No wifi in the rooms, bad sheets but very good location

Due to when I went the city as a whole was very empty and as a result so was the hostel - although that's not a reflection on the hostel. Berlin seems to be a weekend and summer city if you want nightlife and to meet people. As for the hostel - you don't get wifi in the rooms which NEEDS to be sorted!!!! Other than this I can't fault the place! Cracking location and the staff were very helpful and put me to shame with how much English they knew compared to my German!!

• 12th Jan 2015