Citystay Mitte Reviews

Rosenstrasse 16, Berlin, Germany

Great, clean and sociable hostel but the location is quite quiet, away from all the nightlife

It's very close to the main places of berlin and very cheap.But the internet only works in reception and there are a lot of students that makes too much noise.Bathroom is common so it's bit dirty.If you want to make friends it's good.

The location and the staff were fantastic.

Great hostel, the room I stayed i was large and windows covered the entire wall. the bathroom was in the room which is great, pretty standard bathroom, clean. Breakfest for 5.5euro but it was pretty basic. I wouldnt expect to pay for it. The only complaint that I have was that there was NO Wifi in the rooms and even in the lobby area it cut out or barely worked at all.

• 7th Jul 2015

The haired was great but terrible customer service The lady behind the counter made you feel like you were a hassle to ask questions

Great value for money and fantastic location! We were extremely impressed by CityStay! Downstairs had a great atmosphere with people chatting and drinking, and our only complaint (no wifi upstairs in the rooms) actually added to the social atmosphere. All in all we'd highly recommend the hostel to young travellers looking for budget accommodation.

Overall an awesome stay. Sweet location, very clean and good bathroom facilities. Can get loud at night with rooms facing onto courtyard. Only real bug bare was the incredibly dodgy wifi.

• 5th Jul 2015

The room was so hot that I couldn't stand staying in the hostel until the end of my booking. Moreover, the bathrooms were very dirty.

• 4th Jul 2015

The hostel is located centrally to many sights in Berlin. It was a little troublesome to find (..but that's likely because I'm not great with directions). The lounge and outdoor common area are an excellent place to meet some great people. Staff is overall great. I only encountered one person who seemed a bit stand offish. My biggest complaint is the creaking of the beds. Every movement made caused the bed to creak loud enough to wake up the whole room. Not an issue if you wear earplugs :)

In this hostel you not only have to pay a "city tax" but you also have to pay towels and linen as an extra. But the worst thing about this hostel is the noise. We stayed for 3 nites and it really bad every nite and the management refuse to be accountable for it. I've stayed in away better hostels in India and china so for a German hostel they should be ashamed of themselves. A very poor performance.

we are sorry, that you did not enjoy your stay. I have to say sorry for the loud groups which were in the house during your stay. Towels are free, you only pay a deposit of 5,00 euro which we return completely. The citytax has to be payed by every guest who visits berlin. We are also not happy with it. Martin

Felt cold and scary ;almost as if it was an asylum of sorts. Only 12 year olds were present, due to many school groups. Breakfast prices steep. Bar was boring. Wifi was a bad connection.

Very good hostel, friendly perfect location.

• 29th Jun 2015

All good except for the wifi didn't work properly even in common area, no wifi in dorms. If you rely heavily on the internet to find your way around in the city, it's not a good idea to stay there.

In general a good hostel. Was fairly well located once you got your head around where you were. The showers were a nightmare as they were push button running for 10 seconds at a time. Fairly clean however is quite an old building in need of a refresh in the rooms. Bar atmosphere was good although one night I was there the bar/reception staff member decided to leave her post for over an hour to spend some private time with her boyfriend and on return decided to close the bar early.

The employee with the beard is the ONLY one who knew any type of information regarding Berlin. (Transit system, attractions and basic layout of the city). Everyone else wasn't as welcoming or when asked about a certain shop on the map provided by the hostel...the response was 'you would know more about it then I would'. Just some advice....get to know your city.

great hostel, just need lockers to put your bags in.

The wifi is non existant. Like it literally doesn't exist. Don't expect to use it during your whole time at the hostle. I was there for 4 days and couldn't get onto it once...... And all the staff ever said when I asked was "sorry, there are a lot of people using it"

Great youthful backpacker vibe with a great common area to hang out in. The WiFi wasn't great, but we were happy with the location and price!

We found the hostel to be very comfortable and well located in the city! The only issue was the toilets which need to be monitored more closely (smelt of urine).

Internet was horrible. Couldn't always connect and would only ever work in the reception area. May as well not have internet as we had to go to other places and use their free internet. Showers would also turn off all the time.