Claremont Guesthouse Reviews

189 Toorak Road, South Yarra, Melbourne, Australia

This was my second stay at this location and it was not as good as the first. The only reason is due to the visiting school groups. You can hear everything through the walls and doors...even a pencil drop on the floor from the room across, so this made for a less than pleasant stay. While the hostel makes good money from the visiting groups, it hurts them because it deters travellers from staying there. I don't know if I would stay again unless I knew there wouldn't be any school groups.

The location is amazing, 1 minute walk to the tram and train station and a 2 -3 minute walk to Chapel st. Not much of a socializing hostel but I would definitely stay again.

I really enjoyed my stay with you. The only complaint would be the noise in the bedroom corridors from the visiting school groups. It was hard to sleep on those nights, and I had to keep getting up and asking them to be quiet. Also, I had to eat food in the computer space in the dining room while they were being briefed, which was uncomfortable.

• 11th May 2014
  • New Zealand

In kitchen only microwave,no stove to prepare evening meal. Nice old hotel