Claremont Guesthouse Reviews

189 Toorak Road, South Yarra, Melbourne, Australia

I really enjoyed my stay with you. The only complaint would be the noise in the bedroom corridors from the visiting school groups. It was hard to sleep on those nights, and I had to keep getting up and asking them to be quiet. Also, I had to eat food in the computer space in the dining room while they were being briefed, which was uncomfortable.

• 11th May 2014
  • New Zealand

In kitchen only microwave,no stove to prepare evening meal. Nice old hotel

The choice of this Guest House made our stay in Melbourne fantastic. It is clean, eccellent service and great location!

• 16th Apr 2014

great great place to stay!! beautiful deco and lovely staff!!

Very comfortable stay in great location for the flying visitor as I was, thanks very much. Good atmosphere, clean rooms, only reluctance to giving full rating is value for money of double room. Think I was overcharged based on my deposit and owing to booking changes...however that's also my fault for not double checking.

Good stay for a private room. Small, but clean and secure.

Great location just two minutes walking from the train station, very clean facilities, excellent breakfast, lovely staff. More a quiet place than a hostel atmosphere.

Really nice staff, very helpfull. Loved my stay there!!!

I mean.. is a hotel where you share room with other people. Dont expect atmosphere at all, or getting able to meet other people. Good if youre looking for that (I was just too hungover to read and i booked the first thing i saw).

This is a great hostel if you're looking for a low-key and quite place to stay in Melbourne. It's very close to the tram and train station. There are several restaurants and shops within walking distance. The rooms were small but very clean. Also, there was no ac in the room but they did provide a large fan.

We booked a double room, yes there was a double bed, I questioned the size of the room, the bed was tight against the wall otherwise it would not have fitted. No electric socket in the room, very sparse fittings. The bathrooms were well proportioned so also the kitchen. The continental breakfast was a bonus. We did not stay and moved on to other accommodation. at equal price.

The hostel itself was impeccable: it was kept clean and orderly and was like staying in a hotel. You were provided with breakfast too, and in a good location. This hostel however is not suited to backpackers: if you're looking for rest and a quiet stay, it is ideal but there is nowhere to meet new people and it has a 'frowned upon' feel for party goers. If you want a fun place to interact with other travellers, I wouldn't recommend this hostel.