Claremont Guesthouse Reviews

189 Toorak Road, South Yarra, Melbourne, Australia

Staff were amazing and great service

• 31st Jan 2016

The guest house was great! Accommodated us well when we were early for check in and check out. Kept our bags secure when we weren't in a room. Security was great when we forgot our code in to the guest house. Great price and in a great location minutes from a train station which was close to the tennis and city centre.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

I was very happy with Claremont Guesthouse. The cleanliness of the hostel was impeccable. Definitely a very well run hostel. I'm glad I stayed here during my stay in Melbourne as the hostel was close to everything. The tram stop and train station was 1-2 minutes walk, the hostel is surrounded by cafes, restaurants and boutique stores. There was also breakfast which is a bonus! I also felt very safe staying here, knowing there's a security code after a certain time and a 24 hr reception.

It was more a Hotel Then a Hostel and did not have a real Kitchen for guests, just a sandwichmaker. Rooms and everything Else really clean, no Lockers in rooms but in the Lobby. Good breakfast menu, always tea/hot chocolate and coffee free (powder)

Good hostel but very hot in room, fan didn't seem to do a lot, no air con. Breakfast was very basic bu toverall did the job.

Very clean, well organized, and well run guest house. Didn't seem to be much of a community/social feel to it, but I don't think that's what the hostel is going for in the first place and I didn't really consider that much of a problem for my needs. Staff were helpful and courteous. I had two different rooms, one of which was on the first floor and was generally good except faced traffic which made it very loud in the morning. Not the end of the world, though. The ceiling fan was a nice touch.

Could do with fixing the fan in the room we had (all the "spokes" had been snapped off!), or at least turning the heat down - was a furnace during the night.

• 31st Oct 2015

Staff was helpful, place was clean and nice

• 27th Sep 2015
  • Singapore

There was a huge high rise building being built next door, so it was extremely noisy!!! Also parking is an absolute nightmare if you have a car. Great location/ staff/ cleanliness. It would have been great to be able to cook in the kitchen as well.

• 16th Sep 2015

We enjoyed our short stay. Room was small...but the bed was comfortable. The hostel itself is very attractive and clean. Continental breakfast was basic bit plentiful. Staff were nice and helpful and we found the left luggage service and the free wifi a real binus. Bathrooms were modern and clean too.

• 22nd Aug 2015