Claremont Guesthouse Reviews

189 Toorak Road, South Yarra, Melbourne, Australia

Clean,quiet and comfortable

The cleanliness was exceptional. Good location on Toorak road near restaurants and shops. Close to train stop and botanical gardens is a short walk away.

I can't fault this hotel! The Claremont is a wonderful place to stay. Staff is obliging,friendly and really try to help accommodate any requests. Emails are answered promptly. Location is excellent...unbeatable really. Shops,transport etc right at the door.The hotel is lovely and so affordable. Bathrooms are always accessible. No long waits even when the hotel is crowded as it was on the week I was there with the Jehovah's Witnesses convention on. Highly recommended, Thank you, Claremont Staff!

This was my second stay at this location and it was not as good as the first. The only reason is due to the visiting school groups. You can hear everything through the walls and doors...even a pencil drop on the floor from the room across, so this made for a less than pleasant stay. While the hostel makes good money from the visiting groups, it hurts them because it deters travellers from staying there. I don't know if I would stay again unless I knew there wouldn't be any school groups.

The location is amazing, 1 minute walk to the tram and train station and a 2 -3 minute walk to Chapel st. Not much of a socializing hostel but I would definitely stay again.

I really enjoyed my stay with you. The only complaint would be the noise in the bedroom corridors from the visiting school groups. It was hard to sleep on those nights, and I had to keep getting up and asking them to be quiet. Also, I had to eat food in the computer space in the dining room while they were being briefed, which was uncomfortable.

• 11th May 2014