Claremont Guesthouse Reviews

189 Toorak Road, South Yarra, Melbourne, Australia

I stayed in the shared room. It had good lockers was quiet

A good value place to stay in the city! Rooms were a bit small for my liking, but quite clean. No air con on a hot Melbourne day was a bit nasty.

• 21st Feb 2015

This hostel is great, very clean, friendly staff, peaceful and quite. The location is perfect, just close to pretty much everything around the city. I love the decoration and vibe of this location. The only downside is if you're looking to meet new people and party this location is more of a play'd down area. Its not loud and party like, therefore if you want peace quite still fun and cleanliness this hostels a pretty good one.

• 19th Feb 2015

For those who want peace and quiet, this is a very nice place to stay.

Very poor wi-fi

There is no airco in the room. For the rest it's perfect!

Really nice hostel, very clean bathrooms and kitchen area, free milk and cups of tea, free breakfast, helpful staff. Rooms were fairly basic but clean, towels provided and beds already made up, good to have tv in room but positioned so can't see it from bottom bunk! Would stay here again.

I had a single room and it was pretty nice, also with a TV. The room was clean, the bathroom were pretty clean. There is free breakfast. The door is already locked from 6 pm, a little bit early. The location is not bad, very close to the train station, 10 minutes to the city centre. There was free WIFI, but it worked bad, I tried at different places in the house.

I like this guesthouse - ok twin rooms with tv, towel and soap (nice touch!) Free breakfast! The main downfall is that they have no real cooking facilities and the kitchen closes at 9pm - really could stretch to at least 9.30/10pm. I also dislike it v.much when the school kids are here. They are loud in the mornings down the corridors, some lurking and even took up the kitchen/lounge area! Avoid this time!Also can't see the point in the fridge key thing as no cameras, just bit of a nuisance tbh!

Really close to South Yarra train station and grocery store. Room very small but clean and efficient. Would have loved real coffee instead of instant for breakfast.

• 24th Jan 2015

This is a very nice place to stay in an excellent location. It's very clean throughout. The breakfast is the best we have come across in Australia. The wifi works well in the common area but is a little slow in the rooms. A big downside though is there is no oven or hob in the kitchen, just a toaster, kettle and a sandwich press. Free tea, coffee and hot chocolate all day.

Lovely atmosphere.The staff where friendly and efficient. The breakfast and the stay were excellent value for money. I would stay again and recommend to friends. It is a good location and literally 2 minutes walk to train station and great shopping, restaurants and IGA all around. We walked to the Botanical gardens and town( took approx 30 min). The bathrooms were clean and plenty of them. The room we had could have had a fresh coat of paint and ladder rungs on bunks hurt bare feet.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I really enjoyed the location and facility.

• 28th Dec 2014

It was a great location and we were upgraded which was excellent!

Lovely helpful staff, this felt more like a basic hotel than a hostel which suited us nicely for our one night stay.

Great hostel for my last stop in Australia. Staff were brilliant

Very clean, quiet hostel. Interesting neighborhood in South Yarra with lots of great cafes and cheap food options. Rooms were a little bit small but toliets were very clean. It's not a social hostel to meet people and staff are nice but not overly social either. Nice place to stay if you are looking for somewhere quiet, clean, and close to trams. Free breakfast too.

I was pleasantly surprised by the lovely décor as I walked in. It was exactly what I was looking for and I will definitely be back!

• 3rd Nov 2014

Accommodation was just what we were looking for.

• 30th Oct 2014