Cliff Cottage Reviews

Cliff Cottage, Bang Bao Bay, Koh Chang, Thailand

Wonderful stay in a beautiful location!

Thanks for the nice comments Emma. Hope to see you again.

overal it was a nice place. only far away from everything. The only negative point is that the beach in front of the hotel is very dirty. glas bottles ect.

I thought the hostel was nice and very friendly. I loved the food and the atmosphere was great also. The accommodation was a bit out of the way but that made it very peaceful and quiet. There didn't seem to be any hot showers.

Cliff Cottage was a nice place. much better for couples or groups of people. I was a solo traveller and found that everyone else was on their own agenda. Nice restaurant, altough a bit more expensive. BangBao area is good for shopping at the pier, diving, and there are a couple of okay beaches that end of the island. I would recommend backpackers to rather stay at Bailan Bay or Lonely beach areas.

We were more or less 300m away from the bathroom, not really great in the middle of the night. Our hut was quite old, there were holes in the walls, so there were insects inside our room. WiFi was available only around the reception desk, it was actually easier to connect to one of the neighboring resorts (yeah, sure, we didn't go there for the internet, but...). The restaurant was seriously overpriced. Good things: the area is great, the view is gorgeous, plus, there are some monkeys.

The location was absolutely amazing and overrules all the reasons that this place wasn't that great. I would come back just because of how beautiful the view was and the peaceful not-too-many-people atmosphere. If you don't get the deluxe room you are basically sleeping in a shack with a bed and a light bulb hanging from the ceiling. The bathroom is about 100 meters away down some steep stairs and is in deplorable condition (vines hanging through the ceiling, spiderwebs all over.

Everything was bad! I ended up in lonely beach with the minvan from Cambodia There I found scubadawgs where maybe jack, a old man and instructor lended me 500 baht To take a taxi from LB to C Cott l, once there I realized the place was in the middle of Nowhere… far from Bang Bao and their restaurant closing at 9pm w bad food Rooms weren't big and cozy, and expensive for koh Chang: 25 usd I checked out and lost 15 € though the flex booking The owner asked me 200 baht bring me to LB

If you're looking for a five star resort or you hate anything to do with camping or cabin life, don't stay here. But if you aren't too picky on where you sleep and love to hang out with amazing people, in a fantastic, chill bar with a stunning view, then this place is for you. The staff and owner of this little out of the way spot are nothing short of the nicest, most helpful people you will meet!

View all Koh Chang Bed and Breakfasts