Cliff Cottage Reviews

Cliff Cottage, Bang Bao Bay, Koh Chang, Thailand

I thought the hostel was nice and very friendly. I loved the food and the atmosphere was great also. The accommodation was a bit out of the way but that made it very peaceful and quiet. There didn't seem to be any hot showers.

Cliff Cottage was a nice place. much better for couples or groups of people. I was a solo traveller and found that everyone else was on their own agenda. Nice restaurant, altough a bit more expensive. BangBao area is good for shopping at the pier, diving, and there are a couple of okay beaches that end of the island. I would recommend backpackers to rather stay at Bailan Bay or Lonely beach areas.

We were more or less 300m away from the bathroom, not really great in the middle of the night. Our hut was quite old, there were holes in the walls, so there were insects inside our room. WiFi was available only around the reception desk, it was actually easier to connect to one of the neighboring resorts (yeah, sure, we didn't go there for the internet, but...). The restaurant was seriously overpriced. Good things: the area is great, the view is gorgeous, plus, there are some monkeys.

The location was absolutely amazing and overrules all the reasons that this place wasn't that great. I would come back just because of how beautiful the view was and the peaceful not-too-many-people atmosphere. If you don't get the deluxe room you are basically sleeping in a shack with a bed and a light bulb hanging from the ceiling. The bathroom is about 100 meters away down some steep stairs and is in deplorable condition (vines hanging through the ceiling, spiderwebs all over.

Everything was bad! I ended up in lonely beach with the minvan from Cambodia There I found scubadawgs where maybe jack, a old man and instructor lended me 500 baht To take a taxi from LB to C Cott l, once there I realized the place was in the middle of Nowhere… far from Bang Bao and their restaurant closing at 9pm w bad food Rooms weren't big and cozy, and expensive for koh Chang: 25 usd I checked out and lost 15 € though the flex booking The owner asked me 200 baht bring me to LB

If you're looking for a five star resort or you hate anything to do with camping or cabin life, don't stay here. But if you aren't too picky on where you sleep and love to hang out with amazing people, in a fantastic, chill bar with a stunning view, then this place is for you. The staff and owner of this little out of the way spot are nothing short of the nicest, most helpful people you will meet!

We enjoyed the stay in cliff cottage very much and in case I would come back to the island I would stay there for sure! We also extended our stay because of the great diving course that's offered at the same spot. Great staff and relaxed atmosphere.

400 Baht for a double room. You only pay for a great view from a cliff over sea, but the huts are very Basic and not well taken care of. If our mosquitonet is full of holes, ask for a new one, but check this one as well. The place is a bit far away from everything, but that also makes the charm of it. Good place tor sunrise, morning joga and early nights.

Beautiful view, good service, close to shopping but still a very quiet place.

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Finland

The people are very nice and the area is beautiful. You have to like the quiet place / atmosphere and the areas around the water could be cleaner.

Great accommodation, well suited to those not wishing to party a lot in lonely beach as taxis are expensive and difficult to get, however once hiring a scooter the location is not a problem

Great place! Scenery is absolutely breath-taking. My flimsy bungalow had me a little concerned about security at first, but after the first day, I felt there was nothing to fear; Bang Bao seems to be a pretty safe place. Some advice: 1) bring a flashlight and/or keep your phone fully charged, since the power occasionally goes out all over the island, and 2) eat in Bang Bao - it's better and MUCH cheaper than eating at the guesthouse. Also, the free pick up from the 7/11 stops after 6pm.

All the way south of the island so you have to rent a scooter if you want to move easily and cheaply around the island. The hotel rents scooter but at a higher cost than the rest of the island. Being away from the crowd is nice though. Friendly staff but some communication problems. If you book tours with them, make sure to get your ticket when you do. We booked a tour one night for the following day but the didn't give us a ticket which ended up ruining half our day as it created problems.

The location is quite far from the pier, I had to pay about 300 THB for the taxi. Anyway the accomodation is pretty good with cottages at the top of the seaside hill...the bungalows are very basic, and the toilet/bathroom is about 100 steps in a staircase - but the panorama is more then wonderful, and they have restaurant, motorbike renting facility, and as wimming pool with a perfect relax area.

Best Location,friendly Staff,Great kitchen,simple Pool-- Simple broken shacks,dirty toilets,broken glass on The Way,no Investments in The infastructure The Last years, very bad WFii,all cliff cottage Tours are Way to expensive-- The Fish smells from Head (superficial Owner)

Family run, very friendly! Best for the outdoorsy type.

The view was amazing. The staff were very knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. The food was great. It was great to be semi-secluded on the south side of the island, it was definitely a relaxing place to be. Not one of the party spots, but that is what makes it great. The owner, Sean, was a brilliant and incredibly helpful guy as well. I absolutely loved this place. I will definitely go back.

Thanks Kris for the positive review. See you in the future mate.

View all Koh Chang Bed and Breakfasts