Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

Had a great stay at Clink261! the breakfast was great, the staff friendly, the hostel is clean and close to St Pancras underground station...they have lockers inside the rooms, under the beds, which is great, but you need your own padlock or you can buy one at the reception...anyway higly recommed!

If you're over 5 feet 5 inches tall, I don't recommend you stay here. The bunks are really small. The place was just felt dirty. It was like staff barely did the bare minimum to keep it sanitary. For the price my friend and I paid we could have stayed in a hotel instead. I would not book here again.

This was the weirdest hostel experience I've had so far. The staff was AMAZING and the location was fantastic. I was happy we got breakfast and the wifi worked well. None of that matters compared to the reality of sharing an 18-person bedroom without any security for our belongings. It was embarrassing that there were about 25 very small lockers for what I can only imagine what was 80-90 people staying there. I'm not going to leave valuable items like a passport unlocked with total strangers.

Well put together hostel with a good location for transport access all around London. The space in general was compact as everything in London is, but clean and well kept, including the restrooms. The staff were friendly and helpful, the free breakfast was satisfactory enough, and the beds were clean and comfy. It was a bonus that there was a sink in the room for teeth brushing, etc.

I was in a 10 bed female dorm, and my only real complaint was that there were only 5 luggage lockers in the room. I had a locker, but some other people in the room did not. That being said, I had a nice few nights at Clink and I would stay there again if I go back to London!

• 28th Mar 2015

Great location and not too expensive, great place to stay for a short stay! :)

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

It was my first time at 261. I have stayed at 78 a few times and they have always been fine but 261 is really nice. More cosy, a bit cleaner and nicer rooms with the sky light. Whilst 78 is more lively 261 is more peaceful and I had a really great stay. I think it will always be 261 from now on. I didn't try but does my card get me into 78 so I can go use the bar and stuff. I didn't ask this time but its something I might do in the future. Thanks guys it was really a great stay.

• 26th Mar 2015

The staff, both on my arrival and departure, were very friendly and informative, and the atmosphere was relaxed. The facilities were good, and the location ideal for getting around London. The breakfast being included in the price was also a bonus :)

Overall quite happy here. Not perfect, but good enough

Pretty average hostel stay, fine for 2 nights. It felt very safe and the facilities were decent. The double private room came with towels and a sink which was really nice.

The rooms are incredibly small. The shared toilets were pretty dirty, but as always it depends also on how the other guests behave!

Great place to stay, i'm coming again for sure! :)

I found the hostel a bit of a maze and wasn't sure where anything was. My 4 bedded room was tiny (great solid bunk though) I could barely open the door to my room and had to move sideways due to the space in between the bunks.

Good breakfast :) bar is at their sister hostel, location excellent. Average atmosphere, lots of school children when I was there.

the hostel itself was fine- I was in a 4 person dorm, and it was pretty cramped, but each bed had it's own power strip. Showers were clean, etc etc. The thing that drove me nuts were the stupid boys in the hall way knocking on each others doors NONSTOP for 2h starting at 7am or so. i get it, it's not quiet hours anymore, but seriously?? it was loud, I was surprised that the staff didn't come tell them to knock it off. Then they were karaokeing at 8am. I get the "fun" atmosphere. This is not fun

Nice location. Power sockets in dorm room are a little bit insufficient. Personal lights are broken. Though the staff are helpful, it seems very limited they can do for the facilities. During my stay there're group of teenagers, talking and screaming in the hallway. Not sure if I can blame hostel for that. Generally it's nice one, for hostel with breakfast in such location and price level.

I was super impressed by this hostel! Location was a bit dirty/empty but it is only a block from Kings Cross, so you could get anywhere on the underground easily. There were also some good restaurants and a grocery store nearby. Facilities were good - showers were clean and had hot water in the morning and the kitchen facilities were excellent. Staff friendly and helpful - were happy to answer any questions. Free breakfast wasn't anything exciting (cereal & toast) but it worked.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Rude stuff..Had to wait for my room when it said check in was at 10..they said not ready till 2.. loud music in reception

• 21st Feb 2015

great location, great hostel! very clean, lovely people, good breakfast, great atmosphere

Fantastic place to stay as a stop over for other trips to Europe.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4