Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

The staff, both on my arrival and departure, were very friendly and informative, and the atmosphere was relaxed. The facilities were good, and the location ideal for getting around London. The breakfast being included in the price was also a bonus :)

Overall quite happy here. Not perfect, but good enough

Pretty average hostel stay, fine for 2 nights. It felt very safe and the facilities were decent. The double private room came with towels and a sink which was really nice.

The rooms are incredibly small. The shared toilets were pretty dirty, but as always it depends also on how the other guests behave!

Great place to stay, i'm coming again for sure! :)

I found the hostel a bit of a maze and wasn't sure where anything was. My 4 bedded room was tiny (great solid bunk though) I could barely open the door to my room and had to move sideways due to the space in between the bunks.

Good breakfast :) bar is at their sister hostel, location excellent. Average atmosphere, lots of school children when I was there.

the hostel itself was fine- I was in a 4 person dorm, and it was pretty cramped, but each bed had it's own power strip. Showers were clean, etc etc. The thing that drove me nuts were the stupid boys in the hall way knocking on each others doors NONSTOP for 2h starting at 7am or so. i get it, it's not quiet hours anymore, but seriously?? it was loud, I was surprised that the staff didn't come tell them to knock it off. Then they were karaokeing at 8am. I get the "fun" atmosphere. This is not fun

Nice location. Power sockets in dorm room are a little bit insufficient. Personal lights are broken. Though the staff are helpful, it seems very limited they can do for the facilities. During my stay there're group of teenagers, talking and screaming in the hallway. Not sure if I can blame hostel for that. Generally it's nice one, for hostel with breakfast in such location and price level.

I was super impressed by this hostel! Location was a bit dirty/empty but it is only a block from Kings Cross, so you could get anywhere on the underground easily. There were also some good restaurants and a grocery store nearby. Facilities were good - showers were clean and had hot water in the morning and the kitchen facilities were excellent. Staff friendly and helpful - were happy to answer any questions. Free breakfast wasn't anything exciting (cereal & toast) but it worked.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Rude stuff..Had to wait for my room when it said check in was at 10..they said not ready till 2.. loud music in reception

• 21st Feb 2015

great location, great hostel! very clean, lovely people, good breakfast, great atmosphere

Fantastic place to stay as a stop over for other trips to Europe.

Very good hostel, would recommend to everyone.

The rooms are very small and there are only 2 cages in the 4 bed dorms. The beds are comfortable although the walls are very thin so earplugs are needed. The bathrooms are clean although avoid having a shower in the morning as you'll be waiting a long time. As I tend to find in a hostel, there aren't enough hooks to hang up your things in the shower but the shower is adequate. The kitchen is great and the chill out area is good.

My stay was exactly what I was looking for, and I'd be very happy to stop again. Thank you!

• 16th Feb 2015

The hostel was quite good, especially for a short stay. I had a few issues with the wi-fi, staff members were strangely absent at times and the kitchen was closed during the day for several hours. But these are my only complaints, the place itself was good and I'd certainly consider staying again.

I was in a mixed dorm. And it was wonderful. I must have been lucky to have shared the dorm with two groups of people who respected being quiet and clean. The Hostel overall is lovely for a hostel and breakfast staff were friendly. All in all, i will be back here again.

Bathrooms were terrible, dirty, tiny, not enough showers and toilets. Rooms are way too small, 6 beds in something like 6-8 m² is too much.

• 7th Feb 2015

It would be better if clink management can provide slippers for customers as it will be very helpful to use common bathroom.

• 3rd Feb 2015