Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

wifi is now free which is a big improvement

Hi there, Thank you for your review and good ratings. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe Travels!

Very clean; the staff very friendly. What's more it's open for people of all ages (no age discrimination!) - very positive! The only thing: small, a bit overcrowded rooms but it's how it probably is in London if you need good location for relatively small money.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Poland

Hi, Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for nice words about our hostel! It's great that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe travels!

Helpful staff. Beds squeek like mad.

Thank you for your review and for appreciating the service. We are upgrading our beds soon so they won't be squeaking anymore. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe Travels!

there is not enough plug for lodgers to charge their electric appliance and no beside lamp to reading. I couldnt sleep well, cause some girls came back in the early morning and some leaving in the early morning too.

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. The hostel offers mainly shared accommodation so guests leave and come back at different times but we provide free earplugs for anyone having trouble sleeping. However if other guests are too loud or cause any problems at night the receptionist is ready to help. We are in the process of upgrading beds and room facilities and soon there will be more plugs and better beds. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe Travels!

Very basic but can't beat the location for convenience. I only overnighted as needed to be at St Pancras super early.

Hi, Thank you for taking time to leave a review. It's great that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe travels!

Great location, breakfast was great, beds comfortable and warm! Reception staff and kitchen, cleaning lady that does breakfast all very friendly and helpful. Great hostel would stay again for sure and recommend to anyone! Only prob the wifi was a bit touch and go.

Thank you for taking time to leave a review on for such nice words about the staff and facilities. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe Travels!

Staff was very nice. Facilities were OK but very small and the common room downstairs felt OK. I had a terrible night as the mattress was like plastic and the room was to warm and damp. I think I slept like one hour.

Very friendly staff, nice breakfast, good location

Thank you so much for your review!

Good value for money; friendly staff and hassle free check-in. Clean and convenient facilities. This time I needed to catch an early train from King's Cross so the location was perfect. I have stayed at both Clink hostels several times and they are always my first choice.

Thank you so much for your review!

The room I stayed is 10 people room. But the room size is too small. So It was bad. The other things are average.

this is a good budget place to stay if you need to catch the train at king's cross early in the morning. cleanliness and facilities are all valued with the money paid. clean bed, hot shower, breakfast included. no worries.

Thank you so much for your review!

Great hostel, great location. Located about 2 minutes walk from Kings cross train station. There are several small markets nearby along the way to the train station that sell supplies if you need them (food, shampoo, sore throat medicine ...) There's also a McDonald's and a subway just down the street near the train station. Wifi is available throughout the hostel. I had an excellent connection from my 1st floor room. The only thing is that the showers are small to change clothes in.

Thank you so much for your review!

Cleaning was extremely good. It is a shame that basic repairs are not so efficient: the lock on our dorm door was not working properly, it had been reported prior to my arrival and still wasn't fixed when i left. WIFI is good but long term residents monopolise downstairs lounge.

Thank you so much for your review!

So kind n clean if I go to London again, I'll stay here again.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you so much for the kind words! Safe Travels and see you soon!

Wifi available everywhere, decent free breakfast, helpful staff and new looking bathrooms. Very convenient location, highly recommended

The 4 bed dorms are very cramped and the tap in the girls toilet doesn't work, however it was clean and good value for money, the staff were friendly, breakfast was appreciated and the location is great!

Thanks for the kind comments. We apologize the tap in one of the female restrooms wasn't working during your stay but rest assured it's been fixed. Safe Travels and hope to see you soon!

My room was so small... It was a room for four and it wasnt that good... The region is very dangerous, but the hostel has a security camera and all the people who work there are amazing. REALLY ENJOYED! Theres a good kitchen. Simple but good breakfast, and very well located because its very near to kings cross station.

Thank you so much for the review and amazing ratings! We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay and sorry if you felt that the room was too small. Hope to see you again :) Happy New Year!

Door system with electronic cards is safe but noisy. Any chance to reduce the sound of the doors closing?

• 4th Dec 2013

Thank you for the review, we will be studying a better way to reduce the noise in the building. Safe Travels!

The 4 bed bunk rooms are a little too small but good beds for a nice night's rest and there is a nearby sister hostel if you want to party all night long. I didn't really explore too much of the hostel just crashed for the night.

My first night here was good, then I returned again as I really liked the area and the staff, I am returning again on the 1 December 2013 for another 7 days...the front counter blonde lady went out of her way to help me do my bus booking and print my ticket......Fantastic she is. The bedding is very clean, bathrooms are clean, breakfast was great, as I had to leave before breakfast was served, the cleaning guy was great he allowed me to have a bowl of cereal and cup of tea...how good is that

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and excellent rating, we are happy that you had a pleasant stay at Clink261. Looking forward to seeing you again on the 1st December! Have a safe trip :)