Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

Very happy with Clink261 - whenever a toilet was dirty or there was no more toilet paper, you could expect it would be cleaned / added within the next half hour. Very good value, amicable staff.

I found the hostel to be easy to find, the staff welcoming and the facilities clean and easy to use. It is very well located a stone's throw from Kings Cross - a really easy walk. Lots of places around for food and money exchange and a lovely pub just a few doors up. A great London hostel.

small room and congested for two single bed room.. no girl toilet in the third floor and we have to go down to the second floor... good security.. even thought nearby the station but hostel is a bit far.. friendly staff

Small room

• 4th May 2015
  • Israel

Very good welcome. Speak french

• 3rd May 2015

Location was perfect for one nights stay, before heading to Paris on the Eurostar in the morning. However, the rooms and bathrooms could have been cleaner. There was also only one locker per bunk - so as the second one in the bunk to arrive I did not have a locker. This would have been an inconvenience if I was staying for a couple of days.

rooms (dorms and showers) too narrow wardrobes in the dorms missing

• 1st May 2015

The room is very small and accomodates 18 people. We were all ammounted in beds lined together. It felt like a coffin. The only thing that separates you from your dorm mate is a thin playe. Many of the guests were smelling and I found sleeping here unbearable. Staff is very friendly, breakfast is good and bathrooms are clean. price is cheap, but nothing mitigates the horrible configuration of those rooms.

• 1st May 2015

Good spot. Nuff said. Lovely. Thank you.

Had a great stay at Clink261! the breakfast was great, the staff friendly, the hostel is clean and close to St Pancras underground station...they have lockers inside the rooms, under the beds, which is great, but you need your own padlock or you can buy one at the reception...anyway higly recommed!

If you're over 5 feet 5 inches tall, I don't recommend you stay here. The bunks are really small. The place was just felt dirty. It was like staff barely did the bare minimum to keep it sanitary. For the price my friend and I paid we could have stayed in a hotel instead. I would not book here again.

This was the weirdest hostel experience I've had so far. The staff was AMAZING and the location was fantastic. I was happy we got breakfast and the wifi worked well. None of that matters compared to the reality of sharing an 18-person bedroom without any security for our belongings. It was embarrassing that there were about 25 very small lockers for what I can only imagine what was 80-90 people staying there. I'm not going to leave valuable items like a passport unlocked with total strangers.

Well put together hostel with a good location for transport access all around London. The space in general was compact as everything in London is, but clean and well kept, including the restrooms. The staff were friendly and helpful, the free breakfast was satisfactory enough, and the beds were clean and comfy. It was a bonus that there was a sink in the room for teeth brushing, etc.

I was in a 10 bed female dorm, and my only real complaint was that there were only 5 luggage lockers in the room. I had a locker, but some other people in the room did not. That being said, I had a nice few nights at Clink and I would stay there again if I go back to London!

Great location and not too expensive, great place to stay for a short stay! :)

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

It was my first time at 261. I have stayed at 78 a few times and they have always been fine but 261 is really nice. More cosy, a bit cleaner and nicer rooms with the sky light. Whilst 78 is more lively 261 is more peaceful and I had a really great stay. I think it will always be 261 from now on. I didn't try but does my card get me into 78 so I can go use the bar and stuff. I didn't ask this time but its something I might do in the future. Thanks guys it was really a great stay.

• 26th Mar 2015

The staff, both on my arrival and departure, were very friendly and informative, and the atmosphere was relaxed. The facilities were good, and the location ideal for getting around London. The breakfast being included in the price was also a bonus :)

Overall quite happy here. Not perfect, but good enough

Pretty average hostel stay, fine for 2 nights. It felt very safe and the facilities were decent. The double private room came with towels and a sink which was really nice.

The rooms are incredibly small. The shared toilets were pretty dirty, but as always it depends also on how the other guests behave!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4