Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

the hostel itself was fine- I was in a 4 person dorm, and it was pretty cramped, but each bed had it's own power strip. Showers were clean, etc etc. The thing that drove me nuts were the stupid boys in the hall way knocking on each others doors NONSTOP for 2h starting at 7am or so. i get it, it's not quiet hours anymore, but seriously?? it was loud, I was surprised that the staff didn't come tell them to knock it off. Then they were karaokeing at 8am. I get the "fun" atmosphere. This is not fun

I was super impressed by this hostel! Location was a bit dirty/empty but it is only a block from Kings Cross, so you could get anywhere on the underground easily. There were also some good restaurants and a grocery store nearby. Facilities were good - showers were clean and had hot water in the morning and the kitchen facilities were excellent. Staff friendly and helpful - were happy to answer any questions. Free breakfast wasn't anything exciting (cereal & toast) but it worked.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Rude stuff..Had to wait for my room when it said check in was at 10..they said not ready till 2.. loud music in reception

• 21st Feb 2015

great location, great hostel! very clean, lovely people, good breakfast, great atmosphere

Fantastic place to stay as a stop over for other trips to Europe.

Very good hostel, would recommend to everyone.

The rooms are very small and there are only 2 cages in the 4 bed dorms. The beds are comfortable although the walls are very thin so earplugs are needed. The bathrooms are clean although avoid having a shower in the morning as you'll be waiting a long time. As I tend to find in a hostel, there aren't enough hooks to hang up your things in the shower but the shower is adequate. The kitchen is great and the chill out area is good.

My stay was exactly what I was looking for, and I'd be very happy to stop again. Thank you!

• 16th Feb 2015

The hostel was quite good, especially for a short stay. I had a few issues with the wi-fi, staff members were strangely absent at times and the kitchen was closed during the day for several hours. But these are my only complaints, the place itself was good and I'd certainly consider staying again.

I was in a mixed dorm. And it was wonderful. I must have been lucky to have shared the dorm with two groups of people who respected being quiet and clean. The Hostel overall is lovely for a hostel and breakfast staff were friendly. All in all, i will be back here again.

Bathrooms were terrible, dirty, tiny, not enough showers and toilets. Rooms are way too small, 6 beds in something like 6-8 m² is too much.

• 7th Feb 2015

It would be better if clink management can provide slippers for customers as it will be very helpful to use common bathroom.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

It was a good experience.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Morocco

Terrible stay. No working wifi in the rooms, cold water to take shower and small beds. Don't recommend

• 30th Jan 2015

Staff were very nice! Helped me out heaps at 1am when I had no where to go and hostel was fully booked. The breakfast is amazing and hostel is well maintained and clean

I went there with my girlfriend for only a night, because we had to take our train at 7 AM on St. Pancras. We ask in front desk if we can make breakfast a little early. The guy who was there told us that it wouldn't be a problem. But when we woke up and went to front desk, there were two other guys. We asked them about the breakfast. The answer was NO. Not even let us to take some hot water to make a tea. One of them suggest: "there is a Starbucks two blocks from here". Lousy personal service!

I didn't like the bedroom, I found it too tight and there wasn't any place where we could hang our jackets and stuff. Plus, there wasn't enough lockers under the beds for everyone so I didn't have where to put my luggage either, as the room was too small... On the other hand, the common area was very good and the kitchen too! Another bad side is that the internet can't connect from the bedrooms...

I enjoyed the stay. Staffs are very cooperative, great location and nice facilities especially kitchen and clock room. I definitely recommend other budget travelers.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • India

Good place to stay a few days. We were in a room for 4 girls, it was little but clean. Breakfast was good for the price. People were nice.

• 16th Jan 2015