7.9
Very Good 1,856 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 1,856 Total Reviews
Clink261 Located at 261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London.
England
London WC1X 8QT 261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross
79% 1856
51.5289176 -0.1200771
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
10th Jul 2016
7.4

The rooms were TINY (there was barely any floor space that wasn't covered by the beds), no lockers in the rooms, the room was really warm and there was no A/C, breakfast was free, but was basically just bread and cereal, and there was no place in the shower to put your clothes and towel so you had to just put them on the floor. Was fine for one night between trains because it's so close to the station, but I wouldn't stay there again. The staff was also helpful.

Thanks for your feedback, always useful! Great to hear you liked the staff :-) Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• Canada, Female, 18-24
2nd Jul 2016

Great facilities, nice staff. The only negative thing I have is 18 people is a lot of people, so just know what you're booking. The beds are all very very close together. Otherwise it was great!

Hi Danielle, Thanks for your review! We also have smaller dorms available :-) Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

1st Jul 2016

Only here for one night, but had no problems. Room had decent air circulation with an open window, bunk mates were all great people, 10 bed mixed room, bunk lights and outlets I all the beds. Plus, a nice location, only a few minutes away from St. Pancras/kings cross, and the tube. Would definitely stay again if in london.

Thanks a lot Lauren! We love to hear that :-) Happy future travels! Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

1st Jul 2016
7.1

Simple concept....staff in the morning very friendly, rooms Small but clean. Asks you not to wear shoes in shower, however I would suggest wearing them 😬

Hi, Thanks for leaving us your thoughts! Great to hear you liked the staff :-) We have high standards for cleaning, but if there is anything dirty please let us know next time so we can make sure you can have a nice shower! Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

29th Jun 2016

This is a huge hostel, so I understand it's hard to keep clean. The floor was a bit sticky and the bathroom tiny. There was also only 1 powerstrip and 2 wall plugs I could find in my 18-person room! The staff was super nice and the lounge and kitchen were awesome. Location is also excellent- just a very short walk to King's Cross station and Oxford St, Camden Town, and Hyde Park are only 30 minute walks away!

29th Jun 2016
8.0

Booked a mixed 10-bed dorm and got upgraded to a 6-bed. The room was small for 3 bunk beds, but it was fine for one night with very little luggage. The actual bunk bed are very nice with a charging and light panel at the head of each bed. Single-gender bathrooms on every floor, also small but relatively clean and functional. Can't beat the location if you want to be near a central transportation hub!

Hi Ashley, Great you were upgraded :-) Thanks for sharing you review! I'm happy to hear the location was convenient for you. Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• USA, Male, 18-24
27th Jun 2016
6.0

I would have enjoyed it had I not woken up at 4am and noticed a fellow bunk member staring at me. I then waited and he kept peeking at me not realizing that I saw him doing this. It was terribly disturbing and so I grabbed my things and left that moment.

Hi Stefan, I'm really sorry to hear that! Please next time make sure to let us know at the reception so we could kick him out! Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• Mexico, Male, 25-30
25th Jun 2016
4.9

Expensive, room smaller than a shoebox, 1 bathroom per floor, no tours, breakfast is bad, they rent towels, staff is great.

Hi Shaikh, Thanks for sharing your thoughts. sorry to hear it didn't really meet your expectations. Next time make sure to check our website, we have some great deals. Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• Australia, Female, 18-24
22nd Jun 2016

Excellent location. Very clean, very quiet and very safe. If you don't mind having a small space in the bedroom then you will have no complaints staying here. If you felt like going out for a drink, the hostel bar is just down the road

Hi Kathryn, Thanks a lot for leaving us your nice review :-) We hope to see you back again soon! Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• luciaso
  • USA, Female, 18-24
18th Jun 2016
4.6

There were no plugs or outlets anywhere in our room. The beds were never made and you were just given a small piece of sheet to use as a mattress cover, which barely fit over the mattress. The bunk beds were difficult to climb, there were tiny little uneven holes where you had to put your foot in. The entire room and bathrooms constantly had a horrendous smell that would not go away. There were no hooks or shelvings in the bathrooms to put your toiletries on, nor were there enough mirrors.