Fabulous 1,895 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,895 Total Reviews
Clink261 Located at 261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London.
England
London WC1X 8QT 261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross
80% 1895
51.5289176 -0.1200771
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Aug 2016
7.1

This place really has so much potential - perfectly located and close to major transport hubs but some of the staff and lack of organisation really let this place down. Particularly the one guy that does the overnight shift who does nothing but complain and everything for him, is a clear hassle. The rooms could also do with a little ventilation in the summer months as they get suffocatingly hot. But I would stay here again, purely for its location. A little bit of work is needed in a few areas.

20th Aug 2016

Good, clean, in strategic position. I would have preferred more space in the rooms a nd more toilets per floor.

16th Aug 2016
5.7

The staff was not friendly or helpful. The 6 bed dorm was the smallest I've ever been in (and I've seen a lot of hostels). That being said the free breakfast was nice (just toast and cereal). And being close to Kings Cross is very helpful!

Hi Erin, Thanks for your feedback. I've send you an e-mail to ask you for more details of this so we can investigate. Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• Croatia, Male, 18-24
13th Aug 2016

Amazing, I enjoyed a lot. I stayed with my Best friend for 1 Night.. Everythink were perfect.. The party il clink 78 were wonderful.. I'll come back

Great to hear, thanks a lot for sharing :-) See you back again soon hopefully! Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Aug 2016
5.1

I really dont think this place deserves the great ratings. My room was way too small for 10 people,even with bunk beds and it was swelteringly hot during the night. There was also hair all over my sheets, nice long black hairs and I've got short blonde hair. The room wasn't very clean and there wasn't enough room for everyones suitcases. The room was over priced for what we got. The showers were also really small. The kitchen was clean and free breakfast of toast fine, nothing special.

Hi Alexandra, Thanks for your feedback! Sorry about those hairs. Please make sure to let us know next time at the reception. We do clean the sheets for every new guest so that shouldn't be the case. We get more lockers in the rooms very soon, hopefully it will look less full then! Hope despite this you had a great time in London! Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

8.0

Good value, well kept hostel in a very handy location close to everything!

12th Aug 2016

Excellent location to subway and tourists sites. The shared accomodation in the mixed adults is somewhat cramped. Wonderful staff. Excellent value for money.You may want to upgrade to smaller private rooms if you are uncomfortable with side by side beds. Showers are clean first thing in the morning. Need more attention in the afternoon. Would have given it a 10, if it were not so cramped.

Thanks a lot for your nice review :-) Great to hear you had a good time with us! Thanks also for the feedback regarding cleanliness. Happy future travels! Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• Canada, Female, 18-24
12th Aug 2016

I very much enjoyed my time at the Clink hostels. The dorm room was spacious and well lit, with storage lockers and a good key system. The self catering kitchen is well stocked and functional, and the breakfast, although plain, is filling. The hostel is quite close to all of the main attractions, and the free walking your will pick you up there in the morning. I highly recommend spending the money for the 261 and will likely stay again.

Thanks a lot, we love to hear that :-) !! Hope to see you back again soon! Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• USA, Couple, 25-30
10th Aug 2016
6.6

The hostel was fine. Just fine. Pretty true to advertised and what we needed for a short stay and easy access to King's Cross Station. The rooms were very small and the staff were pretty unfriendly, but fairly helpful. It was pretty quiet when we were there and really not a lot of activity on sight. A nice basic stay.

Thanks for your feedback! We are working to get more activities going on in 261. We do have lots of activities in the bar in Clink78, just around the corner. Our guests of 261 are more than welcome in that bar (ClashBAR) as well :-)! Happy travels! Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

5th Aug 2016

Love the individual lights and plug ins provided to each bunk. It makes life a lot easier when no one has to struggle to get their tech plugged in! Showers are fine - there's space to put your stuff and keep it dry, although a second hook in each stall would be nice! The biggest tip I think I can provide this hostel - find some ways to keep the heat down in the bedrooms at night in the summer. It was always very hot in the rooms, both times I've been here.