Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

The room was too hot at the night

• 26th Jun 2015

Thank you very much for your feedback and the time leaving us a review. I am sorry to read that you found your room too hot, did you report this to reception? Just to remind you, our reception works 24 hours, so next time don't be shy and ask :) I hope to see you soon again. Enjoy your future travels. Kind regards, Federica Reception Supervisor

Rooms totally are smaller than they appear on the photos! We had 4 people in our room and could barley move but if ur looking for just a place to sleep than this is it!

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the room size didn’t reach your expectations. Why don’t you try a private room next time? They are bigger and probably you will feel more comfortable. Other than that, we hope you had a good time here, and hope to see you in Clink 261 soon. Enjoy your future travels! Kind regards, Sérgio Reception supervisor

Amazing time at this hostel. Great security, right near kings cross and supermarkets, such clean showers it was fantastic (they are cleaned daily), great beds, really nice big kitchen and lounge area. A little loud at night as there's a night club nearby but meh not a big deal, it is a hostel after all. Would stay again :)

Awesome place, I would find anything bad to say even if I wanted to.

Staff behind the front desk could help guests a bit quicker - pretty focused on their phone and ignored people who came up to the desk. Showers could be a bit cleaner but the bedding was very clean and orderly.

Excellent location within walking distance to the King's cross station. Helpful staff (especially Radu if I got his name right). Plug points at each bed. However, this doesn't have much else going for it. Very small and cramped rooms. Tiny beds where a tall person will barely fit. No lockers in the room to keep valuables. Terrible WiFi connection in the rooms. Just one toilet for men on each floor. An okay place to stay for one or two nights but I wouldn't consider staying here for longer trips.

The hostel is very good value for money and the location is central to most places. I will definitely recommend it to friends

• 25th May 2015
  • Zimbabwe

Very happy with Clink261 - whenever a toilet was dirty or there was no more toilet paper, you could expect it would be cleaned / added within the next half hour. Very good value, amicable staff.

Pros: great location, great bathrooms, very respectful people in my room who weren't noisy at all Cons: I now know how chickens feel in a factory; I've never seen so many bunk beds crammed in a room before. The bottom bunks are oddly dark and gloomy because the part of the bed near the head is covered by a board. Overall: interesting experience that wasn't too bad or great (although I only stayed one night)

I found the hostel to be easy to find, the staff welcoming and the facilities clean and easy to use. It is very well located a stone's throw from Kings Cross - a really easy walk. Lots of places around for food and money exchange and a lovely pub just a few doors up. A great London hostel.

Not the worst, not the best. + Full kitchen with fridges and microwaves. + Clean bathrooms and showers. + Felt pretty secure. Key card entry to building and rooms. + 24/7 reception. Staff is knowledgeable and multilingual. + Free breakfast. - No lockers in 16 bed rooms, only very small lock boxes. - Support staff were less friendly and often did not speak English. - No choice of bunk. - Somewhat of a walk to downtown.

small room and congested for two single bed room.. no girl toilet in the third floor and we have to go down to the second floor... good security.. even thought nearby the station but hostel is a bit far.. friendly staff

Small room

• 4th May 2015
  • Israel

Very good welcome. Speak french

• 3rd May 2015

Location was perfect for one nights stay, before heading to Paris on the Eurostar in the morning. However, the rooms and bathrooms could have been cleaner. There was also only one locker per bunk - so as the second one in the bunk to arrive I did not have a locker. This would have been an inconvenience if I was staying for a couple of days.

rooms (dorms and showers) too narrow wardrobes in the dorms missing

• 1st May 2015

The room is very small and accomodates 18 people. We were all ammounted in beds lined together. It felt like a coffin. The only thing that separates you from your dorm mate is a thin playe. Many of the guests were smelling and I found sleeping here unbearable. Staff is very friendly, breakfast is good and bathrooms are clean. price is cheap, but nothing mitigates the horrible configuration of those rooms.

• 1st May 2015

Good spot. Nuff said. Lovely. Thank you.

Had a great stay at Clink261! the breakfast was great, the staff friendly, the hostel is clean and close to St Pancras underground station...they have lockers inside the rooms, under the beds, which is great, but you need your own padlock or you can buy one at the reception...anyway higly recommed!

If you're over 5 feet 5 inches tall, I don't recommend you stay here. The bunks are really small. The place was just felt dirty. It was like staff barely did the bare minimum to keep it sanitary. For the price my friend and I paid we could have stayed in a hotel instead. I would not book here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3