Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

The hostel is decent and in a perfect location. Quite clean and peaceful with a nice atmosphere. The breakfast was pretty much what you get in most hostels so no complains there. The staff were really helpful and cool.I however thought the girl at the reception in the afternoon was rather slow. She explained that it had something to do with the internet not working and possibly related to The wifi being down whole time I was there. If they could fix this then it would be a 100% for the hostel

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback and such nice words! It's great you liked the hostel and enjoyed your stay here. I'm sorry the check-in process took longer than it should, we had technical problems but they were fixed the same day. Hope to see you again at Clink. Enjoy your travels! Agata

The hostel was ok. Huge, in an ok area of London, but conveniently located near King's Cross. The biggest issue was that one of the guys in our 8 person dorm smelled TERRIBLE. Not entirely the hostel's fault, but it made sleeping there incredibly unpleasant, and I would hope that the hostel would do a better job of screening the people that are staying there, but since it's so huge I don't think they really track who's there We got unlucky with the guy in the room, otherwise its just ok.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback and good ratings! I'm glad you liked our hostel :). I'm sorry that your stay was spoiled by this person. I can assure you that we do our best to screen potential guests and we say 'no' many times but "surprises" still happen so next time please inform us about the issue so we can at least change your room. Hope to see you again at Clink. Enjoy your travels! Agata

Could do more for breakfast.

• 16th Jun 2014

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback and good ratings. :) We will take your comment into consideration, try to find more options however our choice for free breakfast is already quite wide - toasts, cheese, 3 types of jams, chocolate spread, 4 types of cereals, 3 types of teas, coffee and hot chocolate - all that should provide enough energy for our lovely guests to explore London. Hope to see you again at Clink. Enjoy your travels! Agata

lovely staffs , tidy environment , easy air kitchen and TV room. hope the boss will never change all the staffs there, keep them and give them more wage. they are worthy it.

Hi, Thanks for such nice words!! You are such a lovely guests everyone is asking for. See you soon! Agata

Good location with great public transport links, but the rooms were so cramped and tiny you could hardly move around, and there wasn't really a comfortable common room area to hang out, check email, etc. But it's London, so maybe that's inevitable. For female travelers: the 10 person all-women dorm is actually MUCH roomier and more sociable than the 4 person all-women room. I thought I'd appreciate the quiet and a little more privacy, but I wish I'd stayed in the larger room the whole time.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry that you didn't like the smaller dorms, it's true that bigger dorms are better for some guests and let them socialize more. Regarding common areas, I hope you found them all - we have a lounge with sofa , chairs, seats and desks at the reception, spacious tv room and kitchen with another sofa and tables to sit in the basement. I hope you'll come again and we'll do our best to make your stay better. Enjoy your travels! Agata

A convenient place to crash if you're just zipping through London, though they certainly seemed to offer more. Friendly staff, good location, and a nice atmosphere make it a fairly pleasant place to stay.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. It's great you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again! :) Enjoy your travels! Agata

Great location near Kings Cross. Very convenient to get around London with all the underground lines there. Hostel was very well equipped. Staff were really helpful and hostel was always clean. I've stayed in several other hostels in London on previous visits (including the main Clink hostel) and I definitely preferred this one. Hopefully will be back!

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback, great ratings and such nice words! I'll pass the message to the whole team - it will make everyone happy. It was great having you here and hope to see you again! Enjoy your travels! Agata

lovely staffs!

This hostel is in a really good location, just a short walk to kings cross station! Hostel is clean with nice showers. Only downside is no lockers in room, only tiny one on the main floor by reception, which were often all full. My stuff felt safe in the room though. Good breakfast and common room as well. But no wifi in the rooms :(

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your stay. Hope you decide to come back especially that from 12 of June we have new beds with individual lockers so your stuff can be locked inside the rooms. Enjoy your travels! Agata

Great staff and great location. Facilities were in need of an update but was perfect for getting to King Cross St Pancras early in the morning.

Hi there, thank you for your feedback and for appreciating the staff and location! From 11th of June our guest will sleep on new more comfortable beds with individual lockers and plugs so please come again and try these :). Enjoy your travels!

Fine. Good location, clean and safe. Also, the Clink hostels (both of them) are much improved now they offer free wifi. I slightly prefer this Clink hostel to Clink 78 because it's quieter with fewer school groups.

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We're happy you choose our hostels when you stay in London! Hope to see you again and from 11th of June in Clink 261 we'll have new beds with individual lockers and plugs so your next stay in London will be more comfortable :). Enjoy your travels!

I didn't expect that use of computers in lounge zone will be extra charged (there's no information about that, and in another hostels it's for free). There's no place in the room (4 mixed dorm) to store the luggage, so you have to left it downstairs which isn't comfortable at all, and every time you need something you have to bother the staff to get you the key. When I checked in the lady on desk didn't explain me anything about the place (where are facilities etc.). And the beds are too short.

Nice price and position!!...bed very small!

Hi, thanks for your feedback. It's great you liked the price and location. Regarding beds - from 9.06 - 11.06 we're changing them to new more comfortable ones with individual lockers and lights. Hope you will come again to London and try these :) Enjoy your travels!

Enjoyed our stay with yourselves the only thing is it would of been nice to be told that a lady was sharing our room with us was just a bit of a shock to return being 5 guys to find a lady but it wasnt a problem overall enjoyable stay

• 31st May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback and perfect ratings! Our rooms are mixed and this kind of combination happens too but I'm sure the lady was nice :) It was great having you here, hope you come again to London and stay with us. Enjoy your travels!

I have chosen this hostel because of the proximity to King's Cross station which is excellent. The bathroom on the top floor was a mess. Wet floor, no light when using the toilet and the droop preventing me from proper cleaning my face.

Hello! Thank you for your review. We are sorry you found the toilet like that. We clean them twice per day but we are also ready 24 hours to help you about any issue you could think we can improve in the hostel. We hope to see you here again. Safe travels!

Rooms quite small, my 6 bed dorm was packed with beds, a basin and that's it, no place to put your stuff other than in the others' way. It was so hot one could barely sleep but too much noise on the street to open the window. Only one bed with a light switch and plug socket. Very simple breakfast. Atmosphere reminded me of a submarine. However, it was clean everywhere, helpful staff and good WiFi. I can definitely deny the staff's opinion the quality is typical for London, even for the low price

Hi, Thanks for your feedback! I'm sorry you didn't like the room. Maybe next time you can consider booking bigger dorm like 8 or 10 bedded that is cheaper and more spacious. Also since 11th of June the new more comfortable beds will be installed and they'll have individual lights, plugs and lockers. So I hope you'll give us another chance. Enjoy your travels!

I felt like I was another tourist in 200 more tourist. The beds were really noisy every time we were moving just a little there were big noises. We were so many in the room that it was impossible not to be awake by the people who were coming in. Would not recommend except for the location. If there is nothing else.

Hi, our aim is to treat everyone as individual and make them feel welcome so we're sorry that you didn't feel this way. Our rooms are different sizes and smaller dorms cost just few pounds more. Lastly we're happy to announce that next week we're installing new more comfortable beds. Hope to see you again and make your next stay special! Enjoy your travels!

Great, nice and clean

Hi. It was great to have you in our hostel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here. Looking forward to see you around again. Safe travels!

Room was pretty cramped

Hello there! We are glad to announce that next week we wil have new beds with individual light, socket, locker and USB plug. We hope new beds would make your dreams and stay better! Safe travels!

I didnt like this place. I stayed on a 4 bad bedrom and it was really tiny. The toilets facilities just average. Good location and common areas. Breadfast included.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you liked the location and common areas. The smaller dorm give more privacy but it's true that for some guest they may be small that's why I'd suggest next time you can book a bed in bigger 8 or 10 bedded dorm - they are cheaper and more spacious, also good for socializing. Safe travels!