Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

The hostel was great! Free breakfast, good location, metro and buses nearby, and lots of places to eat in the area. The wifi works well but it doesn't reach to any of the rooms. We stayed in a room with 4 bunk beds and because of the room layout, 2 of the 4 beds had just one locker underneath them (instead of 2). DONT USE THE WASHER AND DRYER. My clothes did not smell clean at all and were not dry at all after an hour. Otherwise it was a good hostel; I would stay again.

Well, it´s London, so you don´t expect a great hostel for a reasonable price. But I definitely stayed in much better hostels. The rooms are tiny and except beds, there´s no other furniture. Our heater didn´t work, so it was very cold in there - I told the staff but they didn´t do anything about it. The atmosphere is mediocre - there are no group activities in the evening, so most people just sit around, looking at their cell phones. The breakfast is nothing special but at least it´s for free.

I was very surprised that the hostel was so clean and nice. You have everything you need for such a good price! I would totally recommend it :)

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

The hostel is really nice and clean. We stayed at the one near King's cross station, and it is really quiet and nice to stay in. Highly reccomend.

It was decent. Nothing special but I don't have any huge complaints.

Excellent location and amazing value for money. The staff were super friendly and helpful. While the building was a bit run down, everything was super clean. Really good kitchen/lounge facilities and there was a free breakfast. It was really noisy though (sound traveled) so bring earplugs! The rooms are very small, but they have individual lights and electric sockets/USB ports which was great! Only two lockers in my 4-bed room, which was strange. Would recommend.

Easy walking distance from Euston (and even closer to St Pancras station), friendly and helpful staff, nice bed and a good breakfast included. Although there is a safe available at reception I prefer lockers in rooms, though the hostel is very secure otherwise. The only downside was two noisy people in the room in the early hours of the morning.

Great location and nice kitchen (lacking normal size pots for boiling water). Sadly the rooms, the washrooms (especialy the showers) and the kitchen were not really clean (would need to be check other times than just the morning). Clink 261 is a place were LOTS of people live for 1-2 months, all searching for a job, so it's a weird atmosphere, and there stuff is all over the place in the rooms and in the kitchen (they forgetmto be respectful of others). In a 10 bed dorm, just 5 lockers... weird

Great accomodities: a fully equiped kitchen, a comfortable common room, WiFi reception everywhere (at least in the common areas and the rooms on the main floor), 24h reception, luggage room. I'd recommend staying there if you arrive from St. Pancras or King's Cross, and you spend a whole day in London after checking out: you can leave your luggage there and easily get them back when it's time to leave!

Good location, close to Kings Cross tube station. Friends staff and clean facilities, however things are pretty squished in the hostel (not a lot of room in the bathrooms or bedrooms for your stuff). Other than that all around good hostel experience.

my 3rd time here, just for emergency stay. I arrived at midnight moving on from KX the next day. Otherwise I wouldnt use this place. Its pricy and the room (nr. 35) was just horrible. Stuffy, smelly and humid. The condensed water from humidity stuck to the ceiling and kept dropping onto my bed and panel above my head where I put my phone. The phone stopped working completely and one side of the bed was damp with water. The location is very convenient, though, mattress also great (no springs).

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you had problems with humidity in the room. I set longer heating times which should help. I will also speak about the humidity with our maintenance team. Hope to see you again at Clink. Enjoy your travels! Agata

Good wifi, but a bit annoying having to go to the common areas, nice and clean, great breakfast, would stay here again :)

The girls dorm room was the smallest room I have ever been in. The location is very loud near a busy street. Ground floor lobby where one can check email is very cold. Downstairs by the breakfast seemed nicer. Good value but difficult conditions.

If you ask me how did I experience my stay, then I have only few sentence, other than throwing me out early hours of the morning roaming to find another place to rest my head, I feel abandoned after my brother search and found Click Hostel to be quite suitable and travelled long journey I expect to rest peacefully, however never would I return again after your security took no time to resolve the incident and why I was refuse to stay. totally appalling and very sad indeed.

• 1st Dec 2014

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. We have certain rules in the hostel. Because you insulted other guests and a staff member we had to refuse to let you stay. Regards, Agata

I liked my stayed but it was less than i expected. First the staff its not really nice and they always have a grumpy face, specially a bold guy at night. The bathrooms are really unconfortable. I stayed in the 18 ppl room and there were only 3 lockers. The wifi was good. I really dont recomend the 18 ppl room, it smell really bad and they have fungus in the ceiling. the location is good right next to kings cross.

The bathrooms are poorly keept, some toilets don't work and others don't have papers. We stayed in a 4 bed room, and it's really small and we had to keep the window open all the time since there were no other way of getting air in. Not so nice since the window was facing the street. Not really worth the extra money to get a room with few beds.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't feel your stay was worth the price. Did you speak to the reception about the problems? They could change your room help you with all other problems. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by toilets out of order. At the moment all bathrooms are working. Hope to see you again at Clink. Enjoy your travels! Agata

Apart from the location, this hostel was one of the most uncomfortable experiences I have ever had. The large dormitory was really cold at night, and the bed was very uncomfortable, meaning I had hardly any sleep during the night. The staff service was rather slow. Would not want to stay here ever again.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at Clink. Please next time report all the issues to the reception - we would turn on the heating for longer. I'm sorry if you found the service slow. We have few new staff members at the moment and they're still learning. Hope you will come again and give us a chance to show you how nice and helpful we are. :) Enjoy your travels! Agata

Comfortable stay. Good location.

Hi, Thanks for your nice words and great ratings! I'm glad everything was fine. Hope to see you again at Clink. Enjoy your travels! Agata

The location of the hostel is excellent, next to train and buss station where you can go to the main touristic places very easily. The hostel is close to many good places to eat too. The staff was very kind and helpful and the atmosphere in the rooms was very peaceful.

• 25th Nov 2014

Hi, Thank you for such nice words and perfect ratings! I hope your whole London experience was a great one. Hope to see you again at Clink! Enjoy your travels! Agata

Storage lockers need to be fixed. There were only three in the 18 bed room and all are bent out of shape and could not be closed to put a lock on. There was also one that I tried in the front reception room that was broken. (It should not be too expensive to put a couple of storage lockers underneath the bunk beds for each guest.)

Hi, Thanks for your feedback and comments. I'm sorry you experienced this problems. Please note that we have 24h reception which can help you lock your belongings. Also I will pass the message to our maintenance team. I hope the rest aspects of your stay were good. Enjoy your travels! Agata