Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

It was a good experience.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Morocco

Terrible stay. No working wifi in the rooms, cold water to take shower and small beds. Don't recommend

• 30th Jan 2015

Staff were very nice! Helped me out heaps at 1am when I had no where to go and hostel was fully booked. The breakfast is amazing and hostel is well maintained and clean

I went there with my girlfriend for only a night, because we had to take our train at 7 AM on St. Pancras. We ask in front desk if we can make breakfast a little early. The guy who was there told us that it wouldn't be a problem. But when we woke up and went to front desk, there were two other guys. We asked them about the breakfast. The answer was NO. Not even let us to take some hot water to make a tea. One of them suggest: "there is a Starbucks two blocks from here". Lousy personal service!

I didn't like the bedroom, I found it too tight and there wasn't any place where we could hang our jackets and stuff. Plus, there wasn't enough lockers under the beds for everyone so I didn't have where to put my luggage either, as the room was too small... On the other hand, the common area was very good and the kitchen too! Another bad side is that the internet can't connect from the bedrooms...

I enjoyed the stay. Staffs are very cooperative, great location and nice facilities especially kitchen and clock room. I definitely recommend other budget travelers.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • India

Good place to stay a few days. We were in a room for 4 girls, it was little but clean. Breakfast was good for the price. People were nice.

• 16th Jan 2015

rooms were tiny

Very, very noisy. The rooms were very small and the walls paper thin. I was kept up most nights by people on our floor slamming doors and just being loud. The free breakfast was good.

The hostel was great! Free breakfast, good location, metro and buses nearby, and lots of places to eat in the area. The wifi works well but it doesn't reach to any of the rooms. We stayed in a room with 4 bunk beds and because of the room layout, 2 of the 4 beds had just one locker underneath them (instead of 2). DONT USE THE WASHER AND DRYER. My clothes did not smell clean at all and were not dry at all after an hour. Otherwise it was a good hostel; I would stay again.

Well, it´s London, so you don´t expect a great hostel for a reasonable price. But I definitely stayed in much better hostels. The rooms are tiny and except beds, there´s no other furniture. Our heater didn´t work, so it was very cold in there - I told the staff but they didn´t do anything about it. The atmosphere is mediocre - there are no group activities in the evening, so most people just sit around, looking at their cell phones. The breakfast is nothing special but at least it´s for free.

I was very surprised that the hostel was so clean and nice. You have everything you need for such a good price! I would totally recommend it :)

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

The hostel is really nice and clean. We stayed at the one near King's cross station, and it is really quiet and nice to stay in. Highly reccomend.

It was decent. Nothing special but I don't have any huge complaints.

Excellent location and amazing value for money. The staff were super friendly and helpful. While the building was a bit run down, everything was super clean. Really good kitchen/lounge facilities and there was a free breakfast. It was really noisy though (sound traveled) so bring earplugs! The rooms are very small, but they have individual lights and electric sockets/USB ports which was great! Only two lockers in my 4-bed room, which was strange. Would recommend.

Easy walking distance from Euston (and even closer to St Pancras station), friendly and helpful staff, nice bed and a good breakfast included. Although there is a safe available at reception I prefer lockers in rooms, though the hostel is very secure otherwise. The only downside was two noisy people in the room in the early hours of the morning.

Great location and nice kitchen (lacking normal size pots for boiling water). Sadly the rooms, the washrooms (especialy the showers) and the kitchen were not really clean (would need to be check other times than just the morning). Clink 261 is a place were LOTS of people live for 1-2 months, all searching for a job, so it's a weird atmosphere, and there stuff is all over the place in the rooms and in the kitchen (they forgetmto be respectful of others). In a 10 bed dorm, just 5 lockers... weird

Great accomodities: a fully equiped kitchen, a comfortable common room, WiFi reception everywhere (at least in the common areas and the rooms on the main floor), 24h reception, luggage room. I'd recommend staying there if you arrive from St. Pancras or King's Cross, and you spend a whole day in London after checking out: you can leave your luggage there and easily get them back when it's time to leave!

Good location, close to Kings Cross tube station. Friends staff and clean facilities, however things are pretty squished in the hostel (not a lot of room in the bathrooms or bedrooms for your stuff). Other than that all around good hostel experience.

my 3rd time here, just for emergency stay. I arrived at midnight moving on from KX the next day. Otherwise I wouldnt use this place. Its pricy and the room (nr. 35) was just horrible. Stuffy, smelly and humid. The condensed water from humidity stuck to the ceiling and kept dropping onto my bed and panel above my head where I put my phone. The phone stopped working completely and one side of the bed was damp with water. The location is very convenient, though, mattress also great (no springs).

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you had problems with humidity in the room. I set longer heating times which should help. I will also speak about the humidity with our maintenance team. Hope to see you again at Clink. Enjoy your travels! Agata