Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

I didn't like the bedroom, I found it too tight and there wasn't any place where we could hang our jackets and stuff. Plus, there wasn't enough lockers under the beds for everyone so I didn't have where to put my luggage either, as the room was too small... On the other hand, the common area was very good and the kitchen too! Another bad side is that the internet can't connect from the bedrooms...

I enjoyed the stay. Staffs are very cooperative, great location and nice facilities especially kitchen and clock room. I definitely recommend other budget travelers.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • India

Good place to stay a few days. We were in a room for 4 girls, it was little but clean. Breakfast was good for the price. People were nice.

• 16th Jan 2015

rooms were tiny

Very, very noisy. The rooms were very small and the walls paper thin. I was kept up most nights by people on our floor slamming doors and just being loud. The free breakfast was good.

The hostel was great! Free breakfast, good location, metro and buses nearby, and lots of places to eat in the area. The wifi works well but it doesn't reach to any of the rooms. We stayed in a room with 4 bunk beds and because of the room layout, 2 of the 4 beds had just one locker underneath them (instead of 2). DONT USE THE WASHER AND DRYER. My clothes did not smell clean at all and were not dry at all after an hour. Otherwise it was a good hostel; I would stay again.

Well, it´s London, so you don´t expect a great hostel for a reasonable price. But I definitely stayed in much better hostels. The rooms are tiny and except beds, there´s no other furniture. Our heater didn´t work, so it was very cold in there - I told the staff but they didn´t do anything about it. The atmosphere is mediocre - there are no group activities in the evening, so most people just sit around, looking at their cell phones. The breakfast is nothing special but at least it´s for free.

I was very surprised that the hostel was so clean and nice. You have everything you need for such a good price! I would totally recommend it :)

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

The hostel is really nice and clean. We stayed at the one near King's cross station, and it is really quiet and nice to stay in. Highly reccomend.

It was decent. Nothing special but I don't have any huge complaints.

We stayed here last year, The owner was very friendly, however there was no sign for the place and were lucky that he was there when he arrived. sadly: I have never ever had any items taken from me whilst traveling, but here a pocket knife was taken, this was a gift and even had my name engraved into the blade. When i messaged the owner to ask if it had been picked up when cleaning or found in the room i never had a response. they also tried to over charge us.

Excellent location and amazing value for money. The staff were super friendly and helpful. While the building was a bit run down, everything was super clean. Really good kitchen/lounge facilities and there was a free breakfast. It was really noisy though (sound traveled) so bring earplugs! The rooms are very small, but they have individual lights and electric sockets/USB ports which was great! Only two lockers in my 4-bed room, which was strange. Would recommend.

Easy walking distance from Euston (and even closer to St Pancras station), friendly and helpful staff, nice bed and a good breakfast included. Although there is a safe available at reception I prefer lockers in rooms, though the hostel is very secure otherwise. The only downside was two noisy people in the room in the early hours of the morning.

Great location and nice kitchen (lacking normal size pots for boiling water). Sadly the rooms, the washrooms (especialy the showers) and the kitchen were not really clean (would need to be check other times than just the morning). Clink 261 is a place were LOTS of people live for 1-2 months, all searching for a job, so it's a weird atmosphere, and there stuff is all over the place in the rooms and in the kitchen (they forgetmto be respectful of others). In a 10 bed dorm, just 5 lockers... weird

Great accomodities: a fully equiped kitchen, a comfortable common room, WiFi reception everywhere (at least in the common areas and the rooms on the main floor), 24h reception, luggage room. I'd recommend staying there if you arrive from St. Pancras or King's Cross, and you spend a whole day in London after checking out: you can leave your luggage there and easily get them back when it's time to leave!

Good location, close to Kings Cross tube station. Friends staff and clean facilities, however things are pretty squished in the hostel (not a lot of room in the bathrooms or bedrooms for your stuff). Other than that all around good hostel experience.

my 3rd time here, just for emergency stay. I arrived at midnight moving on from KX the next day. Otherwise I wouldnt use this place. Its pricy and the room (nr. 35) was just horrible. Stuffy, smelly and humid. The condensed water from humidity stuck to the ceiling and kept dropping onto my bed and panel above my head where I put my phone. The phone stopped working completely and one side of the bed was damp with water. The location is very convenient, though, mattress also great (no springs).

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you had problems with humidity in the room. I set longer heating times which should help. I will also speak about the humidity with our maintenance team. Hope to see you again at Clink. Enjoy your travels! Agata

Good wifi, but a bit annoying having to go to the common areas, nice and clean, great breakfast, would stay here again :)

The girls dorm room was the smallest room I have ever been in. The location is very loud near a busy street. Ground floor lobby where one can check email is very cold. Downstairs by the breakfast seemed nicer. Good value but difficult conditions.

If you ask me how did I experience my stay, then I have only few sentence, other than throwing me out early hours of the morning roaming to find another place to rest my head, I feel abandoned after my brother search and found Click Hostel to be quite suitable and travelled long journey I expect to rest peacefully, however never would I return again after your security took no time to resolve the incident and why I was refuse to stay. totally appalling and very sad indeed.

• 1st Dec 2014

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. We have certain rules in the hostel. Because you insulted other guests and a staff member we had to refuse to let you stay. Regards, Agata