Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

its good but its expensive.. location is good.

• 28th Jun 2013
  • Pakistan

Hot and sweaty.

• 28th Jun 2013

Thank you for your feedback, it's a very interesting comment :) Hopefuly it was hot and sweaty in a good way! London theese days is pretty hot and sweaty itself. Anyway, we have windows in every room that can be opened :) Have safe (and not too sweaty) trips!

Close to St. Pancras station is a plus. Rooms were clean. No lockers in the room and you have to pay for the wifi. Seems like relatively inexpensive things for them to provide considering the price.

Thank you for the review. Thanks for noticing how clean the rooms are! We don't have lockers in the rooms so our guests could have more space, but we are looking into it ;) In the meantime guests are welcome to use the lockers in the reception area. Wi-fi is only £3.00 for your whole stay and you can use it as much as you want. But hey, you don't have to pay for the breakfast, which is not free in most of the hostels :) Safe trips!

Soooooo loud all night. Also this is the first hostel I stayed at where in the common area the people watching the tv kept turning the volume so they could hear their program over people having conversation. Rather annoying.

Hello there! Our reception is open 24/7 - you can come anytime if you are having a problem, if it was loud because your room was facing the street we can change your room to more quiet one at the back of the building, if it was loud because of other travelers we can try to make sure they stay quiet :) Regarding people who were watching TV in a TV room - there is a big cozy kitchen in the basement and a lounge corner with the fireplace at the reception where you can have long conversations :)

- there are not enough sockets in the room (not even in the 18-people dorms) - kings cross station, a station well connected to other major stations, is within walking distance - there are quite a number of restaurants around - breakfast is provided

• 25th Jun 2013
  • Hong Kong

Thank you for your detailed review. There are plenty of sockets in the common areas and reception staff is always happy to charge your device behind the desk :) Hope to see you again, safe trips!

The kitchen/common room area was great. Dorm rooms standard (no lockers in room), but quite warm. Female/Male showers & toilets not on every level which is inconvenient for some. Breakfast is good, and wifi connection is good (3 pound for a week is really cheap). Only 5min walk to Tesco, and plenty of shops handy as well as station. Overall really happy with my stay.

Thank you for the amazing review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Clink261. Hope to see you againg ;)

Generally OK but if you want to have an early breakfast, even a glass of water, don't count on the staff opening the kitchen before or even at 7 am.

Thank you for your review. Sorry that you couldn't get an early breakfast, we don't offer such facility. Kitchen is open till 2am for you to cook or prepare your meal for the next day if you know that you'll be leaving before the free breakfast (7am) :) There is a vending machine at the reception and it's available 24/7 if you want to get a bottle of water.,any other soft drink or a snack. Safe trips!

Just a quick stop off visit, only stayed one night. Staff were friendly if not a little too quick to tell you everything you need to know in 1 minute. Bed was clean as was room, the toilets were clean but only two toilets and two showers on the floor and one tiny sink. There are sinks in room but if everyone is sleeping it is a bit mean to start cleaning your teeth! Overall, a clean hostel and I would stay again. Please update your directions though, I didn't see a KFC!

• 17th Jun 2013

Thank you for your review. Sorry if you felt that staff was too quick to give you all the information, Sometimes we don't feel that ourselves as we are doing it every day, but you are welcome to approach the reception desk as many times as you want and we can answer all you extra questions with extra care ;) Thanks for noticing the direction fault (KFC closed recently), we'll update that. See you next time!

The price was totally fair, and it is amazing how, with so many guests (my room had 18 of us) they still manage to maintain the quality.

I love the whole vibe of the place

• 14th Jun 2013
  • Mexico

Thank you for your time leaving us a review! Have great summer trips and we hope to see you again at Clink261 :)

No lockers so you have to watch your stuff yourself--staff are helpful if you ask for maps/recommendations, but don't go out of their way to organize any events or group activities. Rooms are quite small, but the hot water is good and there are sinks in some of the rooms.

Thank you for your feedback. There are events organized every evening at the hostel bar (Clash bar), you're welcome to join :) There are sinks in all the rooms and there are lockers in the reception area, you are able to use them free of charge. Have safe trips!

Great location for money. Would stay again!!

• 12th Jun 2013

Thank you for the review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! See you ;)

closed to the Eurostar train station. very helpful staff especially the cleansing and kitchen ladies.

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you liked our location and you find our staff very heplful. Hope to see you again in the future :)

Walked in by pressing the doorbell and was greeted by a receptionist who 'asked me not to press the doorbell so much as she didn't like the sound of it'. A welcome would have been nice but wasn't to be. Found her rude and felt she didn't really want to be there. Room was reasonable size but had too many beds and reminded me of capsule hotels found in Japan. And 2 people the same evening had things stolen from their lockers. And the police were called. Bar at sister hostel was nice

Hi, thank you for your feedback, I was the receptionist who checked you in. I deeply apologize for my behaviour that seemed rude to you. Seems like I was having a stressful day but you shouldn't have been feeling it from my part. I hope you still enjoyed your stay even though I didn't give you the best customer service and I hope you'll come back at Clink. Anna

There should be free WIFI. The room was quite small. For 1 day stay is okay (especially if you are going to board Eurostar) but I won't recommend if you want to stay for more than 1 day.

Thank you for your review. I am happy to tell that we have guests staying at Clink261 for 2-3 months, sometimes even longer :) Their smiles is the best proof that a hostel can become a home. Wi-fi is only £3.00 for your whole stay (I understand that if you stay for only 1 night it might seem too expensive). We hope to see you back at Clink261, maybe try bigger dorm and you'll change your opinion!

Don't stay here. Almost no common area, dirty toilets, bad room. The hostel is near kings cross station which is a bad Neighbohood and only worth if u have to take a early international train.

Thank you for your review. I believe you didn't visit our common area at all, in the basement of the building there is a huge and unique lounge, kitchen and loundry room where you can chill till 2:00am. Toilets and showers are being cleaned twice a day and we are very proud of our convenient location with plenty of bars, restaurants and shops not mentioning the perfect transport connections. Next time you come to London - explore more and you'll find all the hidden jewels ;)

There could be more sockets in the dorms! Only a few people were able to charge their phones/straighten their hair in the dorm number 2! There could also be more lockers in the common area. But otherwise the place was great, we had a nice stay and the bathrooms were clean. Location was also good, it was easy to continue further into London from there.

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that overall you had a good experience at Clink261. There are lots of sockets in the common areas for guests to use, you can also leave your phone charging behind the reception desk :) Have nice journeys!

rooms and bathrooms were cleaned thoroughly everyday, each bed had a personal locker which you put your own lock on- unfortunately I had money stolen out of my locker but that was not the hostels fault. Staff very friendly and always willing to help

Thank you for your review and nice words despite the fact that you had your money stolen. We wish you all the best and hope to see you again. Have safe trips :)

The best part of the Clink Hostel is the Staff. They are absolutely AMAZING, and if I ever went back, it would only be for the friendly staff. It is SO expensive to stay there--but I think it is just expensive to stay anywhere in London. We went on a small trip throughout Europe, and Clink was by far the most expensive hostel we stayed at, but it had the TINIEST room!

Thank you for your time leaving the review! We are always ready to help no matter what and it is so nice that our effort was recognized :) You are right - London is very expensive city, but it's so amazing - every penny is worth it. Hope to see you again, have safe journeys!

It is a bit expensive considering that you have to pay an extra for the internet, even the wi-fi (it's the first time ive seen that in London!), and that the dorms are way overcrowded and very humid. It's an alright hostel if you need to stay close to St Pancras, but otherwise there are better hostels in London for cheaper.