Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

My room was so small... It was a room for four and it wasnt that good... The region is very dangerous, but the hostel has a security camera and all the people who work there are amazing. REALLY ENJOYED! Theres a good kitchen. Simple but good breakfast, and very well located because its very near to kings cross station.

Thank you so much for the review and amazing ratings! We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay and sorry if you felt that the room was too small. Hope to see you again :) Happy New Year!

Door system with electronic cards is safe but noisy. Any chance to reduce the sound of the doors closing?

• 4th Dec 2013

Thank you for the review, we will be studying a better way to reduce the noise in the building. Safe Travels!

The 4 bed bunk rooms are a little too small but good beds for a nice night's rest and there is a nearby sister hostel if you want to party all night long. I didn't really explore too much of the hostel just crashed for the night.

My first night here was good, then I returned again as I really liked the area and the staff, I am returning again on the 1 December 2013 for another 7 days...the front counter blonde lady went out of her way to help me do my bus booking and print my ticket......Fantastic she is. The bedding is very clean, bathrooms are clean, breakfast was great, as I had to leave before breakfast was served, the cleaning guy was great he allowed me to have a bowl of cereal and cup of tea...how good is that

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and excellent rating, we are happy that you had a pleasant stay at Clink261. Looking forward to seeing you again on the 1st December! Have a safe trip :)

I guess why they don't show the picture of the 18 mixed bed bedroom?I think the room is big enough for 8 maximum 10 beds, but space has never been the problem right? But there are people actually LIVING in there, with huge luggage and everything on the floor, no electric plug for recharging the electronic devices, no tables, only a couples of sinks, all this it would be ok at a right price, but it's pricey as well! I haven't seen other rooms, but i can suggest everybody to avoid the 18 mixed

Thank you for your feedback. Hopefully you will come back and try one of the smaller dorms next time :) You can find pictures of all the room on our original website. Have safe trips!

The hostel is very nice, i rented a room with 4 bed that was very small but the bed was confortable and another guess in the room was friendly.good localization located in the centre of city.internet wifi there is only in reception area and is necessary pay extra money.the box(safe) is not in the room there is in a reception but if u want not pay nothing for get it better dont forget the lock,bcs this safe didnt have regular lock.another problem for the safe is that there isnt so much.

• 13th Nov 2013

Thank you for your feedback and the time leaving us a review. Glad that you had pleasant experience staying with us, sorry that we don't have enough lockers for everybody, you are more than welcome to leave your valuables behind the reception desk! we hope to see you again at Clink261 :)

The beds in the 6 people dorm was exceptionally close to one another and it was difficult to move about, but other than that everything else was fine. Location was great and bathrooms were clean.

Thank you for the review and good rating! Hope to see you again soon :)

Choosing from positive, neutral and negative I would go for neutral. Bedroom: two bunk beds on both sides of the room, the bed was short (I am only 180cm) and unstable, only 4 hangers, only two British sockets for whole room, only top lamp so it is dark on lower beds Bathroom: one male bathroom on the floor, 3 showers, each with one hanger - not too clean, two toilets but one door does not lock, one sink with no hangers

Thank you for your review and good rating. Hope you will chose Clink for your next trip to London :)

The hostel is close to a big metro line and the bus station is right in font of it. All around the hostel are food, drink and other shops so you cant be hungry or thirsty. The staff is very nice and friendly. And to top it off, there is a free breakfast :)

• 10th Nov 2013
  • Slovenia

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are happy that you have enjoyed your stay at Clink and hope to see you again! :)

Staff is awesome!

Thank you for the feedback and amazing rating! Hope to see you again at Clink261 :)

Although the room (4 bed female dorm) was small, I was very comfortable, the facilities were lovely and so were the staff. I'd stay here again!

Thank you for your lovely review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Clink261 :) See you next time!

Stayed one night. Staff were friendly. Room was tiny..very little space and no lockers. Breakfast was good. Clean room bathroom. Great overnight place for moving to next destination with station so close.

Thank you for your time leaving us a review! We appreciate that you liked the location, breakfast, found staff friendly and the rooms and bathrooms clean :) Sorry that the size of the room didn't meet your expectations, we have lockers at the reception and the staff is always happy to keep your valuables behind the desk. Hope to see you again some day, enjoy your trips!

The cleanliness needs to be improved urgently (bathroom mainly). Also the fact that the wifi connection doesn't reach the upper levels is very sad. There should be lockers enough for everybody (I couldn't get a locker because the were full) and they should be in your room, not in the common area. Mattresses (very thin) and pillows (I could hardly call it a pillow) are very bad. The location is their strength.

Thank you for the review. We are happy that you liked the location. Bathrooms and toilets are being cleaned twice a day every day, wi-fi reaches 3 floors out of 5 (including all the common areas), there are lockers at the reception and 18 bed dorms, unfortunately because of the lack of space we can't have them in smaller dorms. Sorry that mattresses and pillows were not up to your standards as well, we try to replace them as soon as they wear out. Have safe trips! :)

It was alright. Free breakfast was good. My only real problem was the lack of power outlets. Wouldn't stay here again, but also wouldn't tell people not to.

The staff was the best. Great location too. Only problem was the lack of charging stations in the room. I had to charge my phone in the lobby. I'm a pretty easy going person so this didn't bother me, but I can see where some people would get annoyed with it.

Thank you for the review! Glad that you liked the staff :) Have wonderful trips and hope to see you again!

Iam satisfied at the staff smile。 its so nice

• 27th Sep 2013
  • China

Thank you for the review and the compliment :) Hope to see you again, cheers!

We started our 19 day backpacking adventure here and then came back for the last 2. The staff was super and the breakfast was more than enough and good. We left our luggage in the store room with no worries or issues. Even though we left our things in our 10 person dorm, nothing was missing. Overall a great place to stay, close to Kings Cross Station and the Metro. Will stay here again when we come back to the UK>

Thank you for your amazing review! Looking forward to seeing you again at Clink261 :)

The location is quite good,5 min walking from King's Cross station and once there you can take the main tube lines. They clean the bathrooms and common areas every day,but not the room.We stayed at a 18-people room, it was smelly, cold and people came in and out all the time, some nights they left the ligths on during all night and everything was in a mess, it was not easy to sleep there. There were not wall sockets in the room, wifi too slow(3 pounds) but the breakfast was ok. I wouldn't repeat

• 11th Sep 2013
  • Spain

Thank you for the review. We are happy that you liked the location and the breakfast. Our housekeepers clean the bathrooms, common areas AND the rooms every day (they change the bed linen of the beds that are checked out that day, mop the floor, empty the bins and wash the sinks and the mirrors). They tend not to touch the property of guests so it may seem that the room is messy just because there are 18 people in it and every each of them has a suitcase :) Have an amazing trips, cheers!

very good location and friendly staff. but the rooms are a little too small. less space that I had to put my luggage under the beds.

Thank you for the review. Happy to hear that you found the location convenient and the staff friendly :) Sorry that you felt the room was too small for your liking, we have to work with the space we have, maybe 18 bed dorm would have been better for you as it's bigger? Anyway, hope to see you again at Clink261, enjoy your travels, Cheers!

Great! The only thing that wasn't great were the small beds. I'm not that tall but I had to put my feet on the railing...

• 3rd Sep 2013

Thank you for the review. Sorry that you found the bed too short. Hope this won't put you off and we will see you again at Clink261 :)