Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

Basic hostel facilities, no frills...good location if you need to be close to Kings Cross and a short walk into the centre of London.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We hope you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to see you again at Clink! Safe travels!

It would have been nice to have soya milk available for breakfast.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for the suggestion. We hope to see you again at Clink! Safe travels!

Good Hostel, one of the best that I know, I try to sleep always here, but this last time We had a problem with the room, I had a reservation for two nights and on Saturday night when I arrived to sleep there are people in my private room. Finally anything happened, but they gave me a good fright. So, if you think your things are safe in a private room... You are wrong

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for nice words about our hostel. We are very sorry about this incident. We are agree with you that It is unaceptable and we will improve our protocols to avoid that kind of mistakes. Looking forward to see you here again Safe travels!

Really great place to stay. We are a group of six family members and stayed in an 18 room mixed dorm. We felt safe and all decided that Clink 261 had the most comfortable beds we have slept in during our three weeks travelling. Very helpful staff. Facilities clean. We would definately stay here again

• 30th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for good ratings and such nice words about our hostel and staff. Hope to see you again at Clink! Safe travels!

The good: very close to the Euston station, easy to find. Shops, restaurants etc all on the doorstep. Staff are very friendly. Buffet breakfast. Don't need to take the sheets to reception at checkout :-). The bad: The girls' door a bit cramped - and no lockers (!!) which was a shocker, and no individual lights or powersockets. No nice 'extras' like giving you a free towel. All in all, a good hostel - but glad I only stayed the one night!

Hello! Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for the nice words about the staff. We have locker in the reception for free. We know they are not too big but enough for valuables or a small bag. Hope to see you again at Clink, even if it is for only one night :) Safe travels!

Great location. I only had one night as a layover and it was a 10 min walk from the train station. Clean and friendly. Nothing extra though, bring your own towel bc they charge

Hi, Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. :) I hope you'll come again and try our free breakfast or free walking tour in the morning. Enjoy your travels! Agata

do like the staffs and showeroom very much. these young staffs are rather friendly by naturally to make you feel relax, and do their jobs very responsible.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for great ratings and appreciating the staff. It's great you enjoy your stay. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe travels!

Hostel ideally located, radipe access to transit. Friendly staff, simple enough security but no particular concern, finally correct hygiene.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for nice words about our hostel. It's great you enjoyed your stay, hope to see you again at Clink! Safe travels!

We were only there for a night between cambridge and Paris, but stayed at Clink78 for a week about 2 months ago. Would DEFINITELY recommend this over clink78! So much quieter and nicer than the other clink. Location is better, beds are better. Didn't use kitchen so can't comment but showers and bathroom was soooo much better! If you're tossing up between them, go clink261!

Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for good ratings and such nice words about our hostel. I'm sorry your stay at Clink78 wasn't as good - the staff there is always ready to help with any issue guests may have. Hope to see you again at Clink! Safe travels!

A very hotel feel to this hostel, staff are all travelers and therefore not very knowledgeable about the area and not overly helpful in suggestions of what to do. If you do stay here, YOU MUST GO TO CAMDEN MARKET. It is really close and well worth it.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. I'm surprised you had this impression about staff. We're all passionate travelers and therefore we have plenty suggestions on what to do in London and its surroundings. I hope you'll come again and have a chance to chat with us more :) Enjoy your travels! Agata

A dorm without windows for 18 people; no personal plugs; extremely weak wifi... helpful staff though! I don't blame the hostel, I blame London!

Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for appreciating the staff. Sorry you didn't enjoyed your stay though. The windows in the biggest dorms are located at the ceiling but receptionists can open or close them at any time. Other things should improve soon - we're installing more plugs this week and working on WI-fi connection. Thank you again for your comments. Safe Travels!

wifi is now free which is a big improvement

Hi there, Thank you for your review and good ratings. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe Travels!

No lockers in mixed dorm rooms, so your stuff can get nicked. When I arrived the staff member was too busy flirting with some girl for TEN MINUTES to even acknowledge me. Terrible service To make matters worse, the heating in the room was on all night long with no way of controlling it. This meant the room was roasting hot. I can't rememember the last time I slept so bad. Common room is quite dead, everyone kept to themselves although I guess you can't blame the hostel for that.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and that you had to wait 10 minutes to be served. It shouldn't have happened and a staff member working that night is a former one. The reception is open 24/7 and always ready to help, e.g. adjust the heating. Now we have new beds with big lockers underneath. Hope you'll give us a second chance. Enjoy your travels!

Very clean; the staff very friendly. What's more it's open for people of all ages (no age discrimination!) - very positive! The only thing: small, a bit overcrowded rooms but it's how it probably is in London if you need good location for relatively small money.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Poland

Hi, Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for nice words about our hostel! It's great that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe travels!

Helpful staff. Beds squeek like mad.

Thank you for your review and for appreciating the service. We are upgrading our beds soon so they won't be squeaking anymore. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe Travels!

there is not enough plug for lodgers to charge their electric appliance and no beside lamp to reading. I couldnt sleep well, cause some girls came back in the early morning and some leaving in the early morning too.

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. The hostel offers mainly shared accommodation so guests leave and come back at different times but we provide free earplugs for anyone having trouble sleeping. However if other guests are too loud or cause any problems at night the receptionist is ready to help. We are in the process of upgrading beds and room facilities and soon there will be more plugs and better beds. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe Travels!

Very basic but can't beat the location for convenience. I only overnighted as needed to be at St Pancras super early.

Hi, Thank you for taking time to leave a review. It's great that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe travels!

Great location, breakfast was great, beds comfortable and warm! Reception staff and kitchen, cleaning lady that does breakfast all very friendly and helpful. Great hostel would stay again for sure and recommend to anyone! Only prob the wifi was a bit touch and go.

Thank you for taking time to leave a review on for such nice words about the staff and facilities. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe Travels!

Staff was very nice. Facilities were OK but very small and the common room downstairs felt OK. I had a terrible night as the mattress was like plastic and the room was to warm and damp. I think I slept like one hour.

Very friendly staff, nice breakfast, good location

Thank you so much for your review!