Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

The hostel is close to a big metro line and the bus station is right in font of it. All around the hostel are food, drink and other shops so you cant be hungry or thirsty. The staff is very nice and friendly. And to top it off, there is a free breakfast :)

• 10th Nov 2013
  • Slovenia

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are happy that you have enjoyed your stay at Clink and hope to see you again! :)

Staff is awesome!

Thank you for the feedback and amazing rating! Hope to see you again at Clink261 :)

Although the room (4 bed female dorm) was small, I was very comfortable, the facilities were lovely and so were the staff. I'd stay here again!

Thank you for your lovely review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Clink261 :) See you next time!

Stayed one night. Staff were friendly. Room was tiny..very little space and no lockers. Breakfast was good. Clean room bathroom. Great overnight place for moving to next destination with station so close.

Thank you for your time leaving us a review! We appreciate that you liked the location, breakfast, found staff friendly and the rooms and bathrooms clean :) Sorry that the size of the room didn't meet your expectations, we have lockers at the reception and the staff is always happy to keep your valuables behind the desk. Hope to see you again some day, enjoy your trips!

The cleanliness needs to be improved urgently (bathroom mainly). Also the fact that the wifi connection doesn't reach the upper levels is very sad. There should be lockers enough for everybody (I couldn't get a locker because the were full) and they should be in your room, not in the common area. Mattresses (very thin) and pillows (I could hardly call it a pillow) are very bad. The location is their strength.

Thank you for the review. We are happy that you liked the location. Bathrooms and toilets are being cleaned twice a day every day, wi-fi reaches 3 floors out of 5 (including all the common areas), there are lockers at the reception and 18 bed dorms, unfortunately because of the lack of space we can't have them in smaller dorms. Sorry that mattresses and pillows were not up to your standards as well, we try to replace them as soon as they wear out. Have safe trips! :)

It was alright. Free breakfast was good. My only real problem was the lack of power outlets. Wouldn't stay here again, but also wouldn't tell people not to.

The staff was the best. Great location too. Only problem was the lack of charging stations in the room. I had to charge my phone in the lobby. I'm a pretty easy going person so this didn't bother me, but I can see where some people would get annoyed with it.

Thank you for the review! Glad that you liked the staff :) Have wonderful trips and hope to see you again!

Iam satisfied at the staff smile。 its so nice

• 27th Sep 2013
  • China

Thank you for the review and the compliment :) Hope to see you again, cheers!

We started our 19 day backpacking adventure here and then came back for the last 2. The staff was super and the breakfast was more than enough and good. We left our luggage in the store room with no worries or issues. Even though we left our things in our 10 person dorm, nothing was missing. Overall a great place to stay, close to Kings Cross Station and the Metro. Will stay here again when we come back to the UK>

Thank you for your amazing review! Looking forward to seeing you again at Clink261 :)

The location is quite good,5 min walking from King's Cross station and once there you can take the main tube lines. They clean the bathrooms and common areas every day,but not the room.We stayed at a 18-people room, it was smelly, cold and people came in and out all the time, some nights they left the ligths on during all night and everything was in a mess, it was not easy to sleep there. There were not wall sockets in the room, wifi too slow(3 pounds) but the breakfast was ok. I wouldn't repeat

• 11th Sep 2013
  • Spain

Thank you for the review. We are happy that you liked the location and the breakfast. Our housekeepers clean the bathrooms, common areas AND the rooms every day (they change the bed linen of the beds that are checked out that day, mop the floor, empty the bins and wash the sinks and the mirrors). They tend not to touch the property of guests so it may seem that the room is messy just because there are 18 people in it and every each of them has a suitcase :) Have an amazing trips, cheers!

very good location and friendly staff. but the rooms are a little too small. less space that I had to put my luggage under the beds.

Thank you for the review. Happy to hear that you found the location convenient and the staff friendly :) Sorry that you felt the room was too small for your liking, we have to work with the space we have, maybe 18 bed dorm would have been better for you as it's bigger? Anyway, hope to see you again at Clink261, enjoy your travels, Cheers!

Great! The only thing that wasn't great were the small beds. I'm not that tall but I had to put my feet on the railing...

• 3rd Sep 2013

Thank you for the review. Sorry that you found the bed too short. Hope this won't put you off and we will see you again at Clink261 :)

In many respects this is a fine hostel - nice facilities, nice public rooms, nice continental breakfast, great staff, wonderful location, very clean place. One major drawback and it is a major one: dorm rooms are too small. 104 Square feet (9.69 Square meters for six people is inhuman. Though the weather outside was cool, inside it was unbearable with all the body heat and breathing.

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review :) Sorry that the room size was not up to your expectations, but as you wrote - people don't hang out in the room all day. Hope to see you again!

My room was a bit of a problem to me. The bunkers were right next to each other (there's a "wall" separating the mattresses), so you can only access your bed through its feet, with leaves almost no space to put your stuff on the floor. Also it had no windows, just a skylight, so the room smelled like wet dogs all the time. Super friendly staff, great common rooms, cable tv, books and a great breakfast.

Hey! Thank you for the review and nice words about the staff, common area and the breakfast :) There are windows on the skylight that can be opened, just ask the staff to do it, because it's quite high. Hope to see you here again, have safe trips!

Been there a couple of times already. Being near King's Cross you can get anywhere you want either by underground, bus or even train. The athmosphere is always good and you can meet a lot of people in the kitchen or tv room. The rooms are good and the facilities as well. You got some pubs and clubs nearby and Camden is only two stops by underground. I will probably stay there again on my next trip top London. :)

Thank you so much for your loyalty! Looking forward to seeing you again at Clink261, take care :)

Rooms and beds are quite small, I'm 170cm and didn't fit in my bed. One power point for 10 people and the dorms door was broken so anyone could come in. Overall fairly average stay. Bonus is that its relatively close to kings x station and metro

Thank you for the review! Glad that you liked the location. Our beds are 180cm long (190cm in 18 bed dorms), there is no way they could shrink to 170cm, maybe you are a bit taller than you think?:) We just checked the door of the room you were staying in - it can close fine, you just have to pull it towards you a bit to close it (from the outside of the room) or push it (from the inside of the room) instead of letting it shut on it's own:) Hope this answers your concerns. Safe trips!

It's a great location, close to King's Cross Station & an easy walk to Camden. The rooms [4 bed dorm] were quite small, and get very hot during the summer. It was clean, and felt secure [even though there are no lockers for bags, etc. in the rooms] The wi-fi wasn't accessible in rooms, which was annoying. The location is the main appeal of this hostel.

Very good hostel although the 4 bed dorm was quite small. Good free breakfast and really helpful and friendly staff.

Thank you for your time leaving us the review! We are happy to hear that you liked the breakfast and staff :) We always encourage guests to be adventurous and stay in 18 bed dorms if they feel that 4bbd is waaaay too small, as they are more spacious than any other dorms. Enjoy your travels!

I enjoyed my stay in Clink216. The common spaces are cosy and colorful: I love the living room with the big tv. However rooms are too small to fit so many beds: in my room there was not enought space to move and put the luggage. The breakfast is fair and the kitchen is well equipped, even if there is the lack of basic products as sugar and oil that are usually available for free in other hostels. The location is excellent, pretty close to a big metro and train station.

Thank you so much for the review! Glad to hear that you loved the lounge and enjoyed your evenings in front of the TV. As we offer free breakfast we feel that its fair for guests to take care of their other 2 meals of the day :) There is lots of storage place and we have a "free food cupboard" where you can find real treasures sometimes :) Hope to see your lovely faces again at Clink261, enjoy your travels!

Normal place to stay for several days, but there is not so much space in the living room.

Thank you for the review! Enjoy your travels, we hope to see you staying with us again :)