Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

lovely staffs!

Hi, Thanks a lot for perfect ratings and for appreciating the staff! :) See you again! Agata

This hostel is in a really good location, just a short walk to kings cross station! Hostel is clean with nice showers. Only downside is no lockers in room, only tiny one on the main floor by reception, which were often all full. My stuff felt safe in the room though. Good breakfast and common room as well. But no wifi in the rooms :(

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your stay. Hope you decide to come back especially that from 12 of June we have new beds with individual lockers so your stuff can be locked inside the rooms. Enjoy your travels! Agata

Great staff and great location. Facilities were in need of an update but was perfect for getting to King Cross St Pancras early in the morning.

Hi there, thank you for your feedback and for appreciating the staff and location! From 11th of June our guest will sleep on new more comfortable beds with individual lockers and plugs so please come again and try these :). Enjoy your travels!

Great location near to Kings Cross and very good value for money especially with breakfast included. Only negative is that the room got very hot at night and if you had the window open, the road noise was very loud.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback and such nice words. I'm glad you liked the hostel! With central location come some disadvantages like noisy street. So please next time ask for free earplugs so you can sleep well with windows open. Although usually it's not very warm in London :). Hope to see you again at Clink. Enjoy your travels! Agata

Fine. Good location, clean and safe. Also, the Clink hostels (both of them) are much improved now they offer free wifi. I slightly prefer this Clink hostel to Clink 78 because it's quieter with fewer school groups.

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We're happy you choose our hostels when you stay in London! Hope to see you again and from 11th of June in Clink 261 we'll have new beds with individual lockers and plugs so your next stay in London will be more comfortable :). Enjoy your travels!

I didn't expect that use of computers in lounge zone will be extra charged (there's no information about that, and in another hostels it's for free). There's no place in the room (4 mixed dorm) to store the luggage, so you have to left it downstairs which isn't comfortable at all, and every time you need something you have to bother the staff to get you the key. When I checked in the lady on desk didn't explain me anything about the place (where are facilities etc.). And the beds are too short.

Hello! Many thanks for your review. We have now new beds with quite big lockers under the beds, and also we have small ones in reception just for free. We apologize if we didn,t give you all the info about our facilities. Staff in reception are happy always to give keys or answer any question about the hostel or about London, It would be great if you come again, you try one bigger dorm (we have many different types of rooms) and give us a new review about the new bunks!! Safe travels. Ale

Nice price and position!!...bed very small!

Hi, thanks for your feedback. It's great you liked the price and location. Regarding beds - from 9.06 - 11.06 we're changing them to new more comfortable ones with individual lockers and lights. Hope you will come again to London and try these :) Enjoy your travels!

Enjoyed our stay with yourselves the only thing is it would of been nice to be told that a lady was sharing our room with us was just a bit of a shock to return being 5 guys to find a lady but it wasnt a problem overall enjoyable stay

• 31st May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hi there, Thanks for your feedback and perfect ratings! Our rooms are mixed and this kind of combination happens too but I'm sure the lady was nice :) It was great having you here, hope you come again to London and stay with us. Enjoy your travels!

I have chosen this hostel because of the proximity to King's Cross station which is excellent. The bathroom on the top floor was a mess. Wet floor, no light when using the toilet and the droop preventing me from proper cleaning my face.

Hello! Thank you for your review. We are sorry you found the toilet like that. We clean them twice per day but we are also ready 24 hours to help you about any issue you could think we can improve in the hostel. We hope to see you here again. Safe travels!

Rooms quite small, my 6 bed dorm was packed with beds, a basin and that's it, no place to put your stuff other than in the others' way. It was so hot one could barely sleep but too much noise on the street to open the window. Only one bed with a light switch and plug socket. Very simple breakfast. Atmosphere reminded me of a submarine. However, it was clean everywhere, helpful staff and good WiFi. I can definitely deny the staff's opinion the quality is typical for London, even for the low price

Hi, Thanks for your feedback! I'm sorry you didn't like the room. Maybe next time you can consider booking bigger dorm like 8 or 10 bedded that is cheaper and more spacious. Also since 11th of June the new more comfortable beds will be installed and they'll have individual lights, plugs and lockers. So I hope you'll give us another chance. Enjoy your travels!

I felt like I was another tourist in 200 more tourist. The beds were really noisy every time we were moving just a little there were big noises. We were so many in the room that it was impossible not to be awake by the people who were coming in. Would not recommend except for the location. If there is nothing else.

Hi, our aim is to treat everyone as individual and make them feel welcome so we're sorry that you didn't feel this way. Our rooms are different sizes and smaller dorms cost just few pounds more. Lastly we're happy to announce that next week we're installing new more comfortable beds. Hope to see you again and make your next stay special! Enjoy your travels!

Great, nice and clean

Hi. It was great to have you in our hostel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here. Looking forward to see you around again. Safe travels!

Room was pretty cramped

Hello there! We are glad to announce that next week we wil have new beds with individual light, socket, locker and USB plug. We hope new beds would make your dreams and stay better! Safe travels!

I didnt like this place. I stayed on a 4 bad bedrom and it was really tiny. The toilets facilities just average. Good location and common areas. Breadfast included.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you liked the location and common areas. The smaller dorm give more privacy but it's true that for some guest they may be small that's why I'd suggest next time you can book a bed in bigger 8 or 10 bedded dorm - they are cheaper and more spacious, also good for socializing. Safe travels!

A perfect location & check in was simple. It was very clean, especially the shower areas. The staff were friendly and there was a relaxed atmosphere. Room was spacious enough (I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm) & faced away from the road, with a big window. However, the beds are child sized (my feet touched the bottom & I'm 5"4) and very creaky; terrible for good sleep. The building was extremely hot, making me feel ill. There was no space to use hairdryers or get ready & not many plugs around!

Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for your nice words about staff and cleanliness. We will replace the old bunks in June, so hopefuly your next dreams here will better. Many of our rooms have a bathwasin. Unfortunately, the 4 bed dorms not. We try to keep the hostel fresh opening windows in the stairs and in the reception. All the rooms have windows and we put a big fan on the kitchen and the common area last week. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe travel

We stayed for just one night so didn't really experience much of the hostel, it was just a place to sleep for us - still pretty great though!

Thank you for your nice review. We will be happy to have you staying with us again, hopefully for more than one night:) Have safe trips!

Great location & instructions easy to follow. Staff on reception pleasant enough but not particularly warm/welcoming & definitely not 'fun'. Room (27) fine but of 4 power sockets in 6-bed room, only 1 worked. Told reception & didn't seem bothered. Lack of sufficient lockers unacceptable: none in room & all taken in reception area. No hooks in wet room showers, so stuff got wet on the floor. Breakfast v good. Overall: functional but lacked character/fun, small, easily fixable things let it down.

Thank you for leaving a review and for your valuable comments. Unfortunately our maintenance team is not working 24/7 so they couldn't fix the sockets at the time but the reception staff passes information to them in the morning. Also you can leave your devices to charge behind the reception as well as your valuables if all the lockers are taken. Please note that we do have hooks for every shower. Also we're in the process of upgrading rooms so there will be more lockers. Safe travels! Thanks again. Kind regards CLINK261 Reception team

Nice hostel located within a 5 minute walk of kings cross which was super convenient. Breakfast was good. Wifi only worked downstairs.

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe travels!

Basic hostel facilities, no frills...good location if you need to be close to Kings Cross and a short walk into the centre of London.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We hope you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to see you again at Clink! Safe travels!

It would have been nice to have soya milk available for breakfast.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for the suggestion. We hope to see you again at Clink! Safe travels!