Clink261 Reviews

261-265 Grays Inn Road, Kings Cross, London, England

Room was pretty cramped

Hello there! We are glad to announce that next week we wil have new beds with individual light, socket, locker and USB plug. We hope new beds would make your dreams and stay better! Safe travels!

I didnt like this place. I stayed on a 4 bad bedrom and it was really tiny. The toilets facilities just average. Good location and common areas. Breadfast included.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you liked the location and common areas. The smaller dorm give more privacy but it's true that for some guest they may be small that's why I'd suggest next time you can book a bed in bigger 8 or 10 bedded dorm - they are cheaper and more spacious, also good for socializing. Safe travels!

A perfect location & check in was simple. It was very clean, especially the shower areas. The staff were friendly and there was a relaxed atmosphere. Room was spacious enough (I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm) & faced away from the road, with a big window. However, the beds are child sized (my feet touched the bottom & I'm 5"4) and very creaky; terrible for good sleep. The building was extremely hot, making me feel ill. There was no space to use hairdryers or get ready & not many plugs around!

Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for your nice words about staff and cleanliness. We will replace the old bunks in June, so hopefuly your next dreams here will better. Many of our rooms have a bathwasin. Unfortunately, the 4 bed dorms not. We try to keep the hostel fresh opening windows in the stairs and in the reception. All the rooms have windows and we put a big fan on the kitchen and the common area last week. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe travel

We stayed for just one night so didn't really experience much of the hostel, it was just a place to sleep for us - still pretty great though!

Thank you for your nice review. We will be happy to have you staying with us again, hopefully for more than one night:) Have safe trips!

Great location & instructions easy to follow. Staff on reception pleasant enough but not particularly warm/welcoming & definitely not 'fun'. Room (27) fine but of 4 power sockets in 6-bed room, only 1 worked. Told reception & didn't seem bothered. Lack of sufficient lockers unacceptable: none in room & all taken in reception area. No hooks in wet room showers, so stuff got wet on the floor. Breakfast v good. Overall: functional but lacked character/fun, small, easily fixable things let it down.

Thank you for leaving a review and for your valuable comments. Unfortunately our maintenance team is not working 24/7 so they couldn't fix the sockets at the time but the reception staff passes information to them in the morning. Also you can leave your devices to charge behind the reception as well as your valuables if all the lockers are taken. Please note that we do have hooks for every shower. Also we're in the process of upgrading rooms so there will be more lockers. Safe travels! Thanks again. Kind regards CLINK261 Reception team

Nice hostel located within a 5 minute walk of kings cross which was super convenient. Breakfast was good. Wifi only worked downstairs.

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe travels!

Basic hostel facilities, no frills...good location if you need to be close to Kings Cross and a short walk into the centre of London.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We hope you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to see you again at Clink! Safe travels!

It would have been nice to have soya milk available for breakfast.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for the suggestion. We hope to see you again at Clink! Safe travels!

Good Hostel, one of the best that I know, I try to sleep always here, but this last time We had a problem with the room, I had a reservation for two nights and on Saturday night when I arrived to sleep there are people in my private room. Finally anything happened, but they gave me a good fright. So, if you think your things are safe in a private room... You are wrong

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for nice words about our hostel. We are very sorry about this incident. We are agree with you that It is unaceptable and we will improve our protocols to avoid that kind of mistakes. Looking forward to see you here again Safe travels!

Really great place to stay. We are a group of six family members and stayed in an 18 room mixed dorm. We felt safe and all decided that Clink 261 had the most comfortable beds we have slept in during our three weeks travelling. Very helpful staff. Facilities clean. We would definately stay here again

• 30th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for good ratings and such nice words about our hostel and staff. Hope to see you again at Clink! Safe travels!

The good: very close to the Euston station, easy to find. Shops, restaurants etc all on the doorstep. Staff are very friendly. Buffet breakfast. Don't need to take the sheets to reception at checkout :-). The bad: The girls' door a bit cramped - and no lockers (!!) which was a shocker, and no individual lights or powersockets. No nice 'extras' like giving you a free towel. All in all, a good hostel - but glad I only stayed the one night!

Hello! Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for the nice words about the staff. We have locker in the reception for free. We know they are not too big but enough for valuables or a small bag. Hope to see you again at Clink, even if it is for only one night :) Safe travels!

Great location. I only had one night as a layover and it was a 10 min walk from the train station. Clean and friendly. Nothing extra though, bring your own towel bc they charge

Hi, Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. :) I hope you'll come again and try our free breakfast or free walking tour in the morning. Enjoy your travels! Agata

do like the staffs and showeroom very much. these young staffs are rather friendly by naturally to make you feel relax, and do their jobs very responsible.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for great ratings and appreciating the staff. It's great you enjoy your stay. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe travels!

Hostel ideally located, radipe access to transit. Friendly staff, simple enough security but no particular concern, finally correct hygiene.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for nice words about our hostel. It's great you enjoyed your stay, hope to see you again at Clink! Safe travels!

We were only there for a night between cambridge and Paris, but stayed at Clink78 for a week about 2 months ago. Would DEFINITELY recommend this over clink78! So much quieter and nicer than the other clink. Location is better, beds are better. Didn't use kitchen so can't comment but showers and bathroom was soooo much better! If you're tossing up between them, go clink261!

Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for good ratings and such nice words about our hostel. I'm sorry your stay at Clink78 wasn't as good - the staff there is always ready to help with any issue guests may have. Hope to see you again at Clink! Safe travels!

A very hotel feel to this hostel, staff are all travelers and therefore not very knowledgeable about the area and not overly helpful in suggestions of what to do. If you do stay here, YOU MUST GO TO CAMDEN MARKET. It is really close and well worth it.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. I'm surprised you had this impression about staff. We're all passionate travelers and therefore we have plenty suggestions on what to do in London and its surroundings. I hope you'll come again and have a chance to chat with us more :) Enjoy your travels! Agata

A dorm without windows for 18 people; no personal plugs; extremely weak wifi... helpful staff though! I don't blame the hostel, I blame London!

Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for appreciating the staff. Sorry you didn't enjoyed your stay though. The windows in the biggest dorms are located at the ceiling but receptionists can open or close them at any time. Other things should improve soon - we're installing more plugs this week and working on WI-fi connection. Thank you again for your comments. Safe Travels!

wifi is now free which is a big improvement

Hi there, Thank you for your review and good ratings. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe Travels!

No lockers in mixed dorm rooms, so your stuff can get nicked. When I arrived the staff member was too busy flirting with some girl for TEN MINUTES to even acknowledge me. Terrible service To make matters worse, the heating in the room was on all night long with no way of controlling it. This meant the room was roasting hot. I can't rememember the last time I slept so bad. Common room is quite dead, everyone kept to themselves although I guess you can't blame the hostel for that.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and that you had to wait 10 minutes to be served. It shouldn't have happened and a staff member working that night is a former one. The reception is open 24/7 and always ready to help, e.g. adjust the heating. Now we have new beds with big lockers underneath. Hope you'll give us a second chance. Enjoy your travels!

Very clean; the staff very friendly. What's more it's open for people of all ages (no age discrimination!) - very positive! The only thing: small, a bit overcrowded rooms but it's how it probably is in London if you need good location for relatively small money.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Poland

Hi, Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for nice words about our hostel! It's great that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again at Clink. Safe travels!