Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

A little bit to crowed, if they were fewer beds in the room it would be nicer, cleaner and safer because the lockers are really small.

It was a good room. We asked for an 8-bed female dorm and we got norm but it didn't have the decor like in the photos online.nevertheless, it was a nice room, apart from the piles of dust under the beds. The beds are very private, with screens over, and they have a cupboard above your head to put your stuff in, just remember to bring a suitcase padlock for it, or it won't be very safe.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Great 2 night midweek stay. Dorms small for 8 people. But, £25 including breakfast is great value. I think the rooms will get hot at times, but it was cool during my stay. The night staff couldn't have been more helpful when I managed to lock myself out of the room! I'm happy to report that the facilities / toilets / showers were spotlessly clean. Clash Bar is a loud party bar, but it didn't disturb my sleep on the second floor at all. Location is fantastic. Will stay again.

Just had a really random mix of people there. Most hostels have an age limit. We got to our room and there was a construction worker in his 40s who had been living there for 8 months. Also there were plenty of 50 to 60year olds in the hostel bar. Nothing against oldies but weird.

felt like a hotel, really clean, nice breakfest, nice staff

The hostel had almost all ingredients to make my stay as comfortable as possible. The only drawback was the limited space we had in our room to store our luggage. Furthermore I would recommend to have a little shelf in the shower cabins to keep clothes and/or toiletry high and dry.

I really enjoy my stay at the hostel. There was a small locker on each bed and a light. The room was a bit small for 12 person. The Wi-Fi is just working in the common area... but at least, it's working well!

This place was great! Everything was clean and the staff was friendly. Only drawbacks were outlets were in wired spots, but they are there, and the bathroom (showers) on our floor were being remodeled. Other than that this is a great place to stay in London!

A really cool place to stay at. Clean and Safe with a very artistic iterior. Has everything you'll need!

Hi there! Thank you for your review and great ratings :) We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the atmosphere and character of Clink! We hope to see you again soon! Safe travels! Anna

The dorm rooms were very dirty. The shared bathrooms were also in very poor condition. I would not return to this hostel nor recommend it.

• 10th Aug 2014

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are taking your comments on board, however our 24/7 reception is there to help you with any problem such as dirt in the room/bathroom etc. We also have a housekeeping team cleaning toilets and showers many times a day, just let us know and we clean it for you :) We do hope to see you again and change your mind about the hostel :) Anna

This place is very cool and original. The common spaces are old courtrooms. The dorms are definitely warehouses for travelers, where beds are quite literally pigeonholes all lined up and stacked. The breakfast was great. Bear in mind this is a BIG hostel, so the atmosphere will suffer a little. The bar looked cool. Biggest complaint is the lack of free lockers: I ended up paying 2 pounds a day in their pay lockers. Also, not all the beds had a plug (including mine).

Con: place was loud and right on the street making it hard to sleep at night. beds were uncomfortable too Pro: bathrooms were clean, free breakfast, location was ok

• 9th Aug 2014

Hello there, thank you for taking your time and rating the hostel :) If you find your room too loud, just come to reception! We can give you some free earplugs or change your room for a quieter one! We are happy you found the place clean though and liked the breakfast :) We hope to see you again shall you return to London! Safe travels! Anna

Sheets dirty, rooms too small and cramped, seems like everything has gone out of the window since I last stayed

Hi there, thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the hostel. We have a 24/7 reception to report any sort of problems, change the bed for you for example :) We hope to see you again and change your mind :) Have a safe trip! Anna

An ok hostel. It is too big, simply too many people here - and the vibe isn't that great. A top deck tour meeting point so good for those doing that.

The first hostel I was in which I had problem with the card. Not a big deal since they have an atm at the reception. Some of the staff were really nice, some not. I had the impression some of them didnt speak English very well. kinda hot inside the room, breakfast and the bar are amazing!

Funky and upbeat excellent common areas with great cooking facilities and a bar Close to St Pancras International train station Great Staff!

We were placed in an interior room that was burning hot at all times. It was nearly impossible to sleep. A fuse blew in our hallway on the first night that also affected the showers and bathroom. When asked if we could switch to a more temperate part of the hostel, I was rudely told that the entire place was the same temperature and that my request was unreasonable. For as much as Clink78 costs, it is a terrible value. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great facilities like kitchen and tv rooms, but the hostel is on a main road and some of the dorms are affected by noise from the road which makes for a lousy sleep at night. Bathrooms were clean and tidy

This is usually the starting and end points for Topdeck tours, so a lot of 18-20somethings. Power points with each bed, but like with London, most rooms are small. Good bar downstairs, and good Chillout areas. Tour agency at hostel for bookings stuff. Wifi is on/off so unreliable. Good enough showers that seem clean and no need to wait. No power points in bathrooms though for hairdryers.

Brilliant stay! Staff extremely helpful and smiley :)

Hello there! Your super positive comment put even more smiles on our faces! We are really happy you enjoyed your stay so much and hope to see you again soon! Take care! Anna

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7