Clink78

8.2
Fabulous 6031 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th May 2017

I thought that the security was pretty good. There is someone always at reception and you need a key card to get into the building. Otherwise you have to hit a button to come in and talk to the receptionist. The staff was quite nice, however there was a mishap where I asked to be a bottom bunk twice and each time got assigned to another top bunk, which was kind of annoying. Overall, I thought it was a great experience and a good first hostel stay experience. My only complaint is the beds.

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th May 2017
5.1

I booked the hostel last minute, therefore I wasn't expecting much. Pros: the staff was quite friendly & the free half-pint of beer. Cons: disgusting showers (there was something resembling garlic cloves in the women's showers (??) and the water pressure was so strong it soaked the floor and everything surrounding the area (also the shower curtain didn't touch the ground & managed to fly into the shower and onto your skin. Not too pleased with my stay at Clink78.

Hi Brianna, Thanks for sharing your feedback! Sorry to hear you didn't like the bathrooms! We have redone some bathrooms and will do more of them. I'm sure you like the new ones and the team is happy to show you were they are located! Glad you liked the free beer :-) Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• Naray
  • USA, Male, 18-24
15th May 2017

Great place!

• USA, Female, 31-40
14th May 2017
5.4

The first night I had some stuff stolen and the staff were pretty indifferent. Also the sleeping arrangements weren't nice. They had all the bunks next to each other so it was somewhat claustrophobic. I have stayed at many hostels before and this was a first. I would not stay at Clink78 again.

Hi Marie, So sorry that happened to you!! We have lockers both in the common area as in the rooms to put your valuables. As for privacy we don't have CCTV in the rooms do unfortunately we couldn't help you out! I can imagine you were annoyed by that! Hope you still had a good time in London! Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• Taiwan, Female, 31-40
12th May 2017
2.6

very terrible experience! *basement room is super damp *super noisy room with horrible sound insulation *on the top bed without any plug to recharge *dirty toilets and shower room *shower water sometimes cold and water temperature cannot be adjust *due to rooms overbooked, staff told me I had to move from Clink 78 to Clink 261

• janherdlicka7605
  • Germany, Male, 25-30
11th May 2017
2.3

Being in the basement of this "accomodation" felt like being in a rathole or dirty submarine. No electricity in the rooms. Approx. 10 sq for 8 persons. Hardly any light and any breathable air in the "room". Very noisy.It was not possible to get more than 2 hours of sleep every night.

Hi Jan, So sorry to hear that! We will do some bigger projects this year to get better ventilation in those rooms and also have sockets for each bed (now there are just a couple of them in the rooms). Thanks for sharing and hope despite this you enjoyed London! Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• Canada, Female, 25-30
10th May 2017
4.9

Absolute worst hostel I have ever stayed at. Got a 4 person dorm because I wanted it to be quiet, however the room was located right at the bar and was incredibly loud and the whole room was unable to sleep. Room was very dirty and bathrooms were disgusting. Women's toilets didn't have toilet paper for two days and nothing seemed to be cleaned well when it was. Location was fantastic but I would not recommend to anyone.

Hi Elisabeth, Thanks for your feedback! So sorry about that! We provide free ear plugs for a better night rest. The bathrooms should be cleaned 6 times a day so I will definitely bring this up to the housekeeping manager to find out what went wrong and to make sure it doesn't happen anymore! Hope despite this you did enjoy London! Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th May 2017

Very welcoming atmosphere & easy to meet other people as a solo traveller

• England, Female, 25-30
7th May 2017

Great atmosphere for young people. Easy to meet people. Nice rooms, comfy, clean. Lockers in rooms, hot showers, towel hire, film nights, music in the bar where you can dance. Friendly staff. Only note: do take a padlock with you and keep valuables on you (you never know who you could be sharing a room with) my roommates were all lovely! But some girls who were in before me did pinch a few items from each of them. Overall good stay, id like to stay again with some friends next time.

Thanks Joanna, great to hear you enjoyed!! We hope we soon you back again soon with your friends :-) Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager

• Germany, Female, 25-30
5th May 2017
6.6

It wasn`t that bad, but I had better hostels for the same price. One thing was absoulety new, the showers had only hot water, way to hot even for a quick shower. I know, London is very expensive and your hostel has a good location, but please try to to think about what travellers need. Cold or warm water for instance.

Hi Janine, Thanks for sharing! We will adjust the temperature of the showers, I do agree they were too hot. Hope you enjoyed London :-) Kind regards, Laura, Guest Experience Manager