Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

Cool and quirky in a perfect Location. Rooms very clean and quiet (even next to the bar and social area) Would definitely recommend to all

The cleanliness of common areas is good but the area behind the bunk beds as well as the bunk beds itself were incredibly filthy. They were full of cobwebs and dust and have a rank smell. When you lie down on the bottom bunk bed(this was my position), I could see the cobwebs and dust dangling in front of my face and the smell was horrible. Bed sheets were clean though so it was not from them.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

I'm wholly unimpressed with Clink 78. The common areas are okay (nowhere near as good as the Generator London) but the rooms are 100% inconvenient. The wifi doesn't work in your room, only the common areas. I was on a top bunk - no powerpoint to charge my phone. No lockers in the room, only the paid lockers down near reception, of which there are few. Staff unfriendly and rude. The bathroom was tiny. The shower water flow only worked for 10 seconds at a time. Awful stay. Couldn't wait to leave.

Awesome atmosphere although maybe for a younger crowd, close to all the tourist attractions, you can even walk to most if you're feeling energetic! The wifi only works in the common areas though which can be kind of annoying. The bar is awesome and a safe way to party a bit! Kitchen is good but not quite as fully equipped as expected. Loved my stay here, would do it again!

• 27th Jul 2015

It such an unusual place to stay and it is one of the best hostels I have stayed in as a disabled person.

• 25th Jul 2015

My first time staying in a hostel. I was pleasantly surprised! The rooms and were clean except for some dust under the top bunk of a bed. Beds were fairly comfy if you like a really mattress. One massive annoyance was there were no curtains or blinds for the windows, sunrise was around be 5pm so I couldn't get back to sleep. I would return, however, for the price we paid I'd just bring an eye mask next time. I can't fathom why they would paint the walls brown?!

• 25th Jul 2015

The form room was v dirtiest dorm i've ever stayed in. Felt like the floor had never been cleaned .

• 24th Jul 2015

Great hostel. Amazing atmosphere, nice people. I had loads of fun. I will definitely come back if I ever need a place to stay in central London.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic

I had a pleasant stay at Clink78, the free breakfast was good (toast/cornflakes/tea/coffee, nothing fancy), great location near king's cross. The amount of electrical outlets to charge your devices in a 16-bed dorm were very few compared to the amount of people+devices needing charging, but other than that, it was class. Would recommend any budget travellers to stay here!

I stayed here for two nights and i had a great time, the staff is very helpful and nice, and the atmosphere in general is really cool. they have a nice bar and movie nights, all in all a very good experience, i ll come back here for sure

It is a very nice hostel indeed! The only thing I didn't like so much is the size of the bedroom. All the people had their belongings all over the room because of the space.

Good location. Clean. No wifi in rooms.

The rooms were tiny! We didn't have much space to move around or put our things anywhere, the showers only ran for 20 seconds so you have to keep pressing the button for the water to come out which got very annoying as well as no adaptor holes in the barthroom so you couldn't straighten or blow dry your hair, and the hair dryer they did have in the barthroom for the girls to use was broken! You also couldn't get wifi in the rooms only in the main Loby and underground at the kitchen area.

• 21st Jul 2015

The Staff were great, the beds had board around the head area so there was a sense of privacy, and the atmosphere was friendly and social.

• 20th Jul 2015

Clink 78 was great for what I wanted. It is a 5/10 minute walk from King's Cross Station and the staff are awesome and really go out of their way to help you. The beds are packed right next to one another but that didn't bother me. The wifi doesn't reach the bedrooms but is available in all common areas. The bar, kitchen, and Film room were all fab and meant you could meet people.

I had an exellent stay at the hostel . It is near a main station which is very good.

Super friendly/helpful staff.

• 19th Jul 2015

Really clean. Good atmosphere for young people with friendly staff. Was a lot better than I thought it would be!

• 19th Jul 2015

Everything was pretty good, exept two things: the rooms get extremely hot in the summer, as there is no proper ventilation system, and I ran out of hot water in the morning. I understand that a lot of people take showers early, but the hostel should have a system that would provide with enough water for a 7-8 minute shower.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Friendly atmosphere; fantastic location - would definitelly stay again.

• 18th Jul 2015