Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

The room are so hot you can't sleep! They stuff up our booking so we had to book other place. They don't clean the rooms, has we had people leaving why I was these towels still on the floor and food on the floor under there bed. The staff always rude. I WILL NEVER BE GOING BACK.

Really liked that every bed had its own lockable little cubby as well as a reading light. I hated how the wifi didn't work in the rooms though, just in common areas. Overall, good hostel though.

Good points: -The kitchen is large and clean, with great facilities -The bathrooms were clean and I never had to wait for a shower -The breakfast is basic but good Bad points: -There were not enough plug sockets in the rooms for each person to have one -The room had no ventilation and it was hot and stuffy at night -WiFi does not reach the rooms (although it is reliable in the basement and the computer room) -The elevator was broken -The showers were on an annoying 15sec timer

• 20th Jun 2015

Pros: Nice location and staff. Good common area with a nice bar and free breakfast was great. Cons: Dorm was a bit hot and noisy (front first floor by the street) and beds could have a bit of space in between. Overall is a nice hostel that I`d recommend.

• 19th Jun 2015

The hostel is very funny and cool. The staff there are pretty warm and friendly. But it is really noisy in the night and the room is narrow.

Rooms were stinking hot! Very cramped and with limited fresh air. Wifi did not work in rooms! Although staff were great the services and value for money was very disappointing. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

Was soooo unclean!!! my bed was covered in crumbs from the moment I arrived. Would not recommend, was in a dorm and the staff kept coming in the room and turning the light on 3/4/5am having lengthy conversations with people trying to find them a bed. Poor organisation, very unclean

• 18th Jun 2015

Great apart from our Private room was next to the 'clash bar' which played horrendous music until 1 and after having busy sightseeing days I could've really of done without !! It was like sleeping in the toilets in a naff club. Really awful taste in music and was the only down side to a great stay here

Overall it was a good time. The staff was hard to judge as a whole because some were rather friendly and helping while others not quite rude but not friendly.

The room is too small and 4 beds are packed tgt which make the room very crowded and tight

Really helpful staff, cool concepts and prison rooms! Bar was fun

• 14th Jun 2015

I have never seen 8 beds shoved into such a small space. I've had more space in 12 bed dorms. All the beds are put right next to each other in a row - absolutely no space between the beds. Then there is only a .5 by 2 meter space without beds. My room was right by the bar, which was EXTREMELY loud and kept me up late at night. I enjoy partying, but when I want to go to sleep, I enjoy sleeping. No lockers in the room, either. You have to pay for some downstairs even if you bring a lock.

Poor wifi in rooms but kitchen was large and good for socialising. Brilliant free breakfast provided.

I didn't like how there was no wifi in the rooms and no lockers to put bags in. There also weren't enough lockers to place valuables in, they always all seemed to be taken. I also didn't like how the bunks were so cramped together. The showers were far too hot (couldn't adjust the temperature) and the water sprayed everywhere, going all over anything you hung on the back of a door.

• 12th Jun 2015

The bathrooms were surprisingly well cleaned. There was locker space provided for your small valuables (bring a padlock!) but larger space for bags was downstairs, and was £3 for 24 hours. Not exorbitant, but still something to consider! The first night I was there, the light was on for most of the night and at about 4:00 AM, some guys came in and were talking, laughing at full volume, and smoking. Bring a sleeping mask, ear plugs, and a (reasonably) open attitude..

It was a nice stay there. Nice facilities and common areas! But there is no wifi connection in the room. It's super inconvenient.

Atmosphere was lacking. A lot of screaming teenagers around which isn't what I expected from a hostel with a bar. The room itself was extremely cramped. Feasibly, only one person could stand in the room at a time. Bit disappointing all around but the breakfast was a good effort.

Good location near King's Cross. No lockers in the room. Breakfast was simple (toast, cereal) but good. The bar and common areas were great, nice atmosphere! Also the kitchen was very clean! It was quiet in our room. The room was VERY small, but they have dividers between beds so you get your privacy.

security was over the top when we came back in early hours of the morning not letting us bring anyone back to our private room but overall was very good value for money. also would be good if the bar would of stayed open later than 2am

• 6th Jun 2015

This was my favorite hostel during my trip to Europe. There was a great social atmosphere with multiple places to hang out. I liked the style of the dorm beds because they each had privacy. The staff was very energetic. The breakfast in the morning was great.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7