Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

Ii really liked my stay. Last year I stayed at the Clink261 and this year I wanted to try the Clink78. This hostel is much nicer, the interior is great. But I must say I was much more able to sleep at the Clink261. When Infinally slept I didn't find it much of a problem,but I could imagine people being not able to sleep.Especially on saturdaynights, there were people yelling, screaming and singing outside and though the singing was pretty fun to here, it was quite loud and impossible not to here

Way better than I was expecting! The location was very close to King's Cross. Clink78 has a wonderful, friendly atmosphere, I got to know the other girls staying in my dorm which is unusual- very friendly. The bathrooms were out of TP a few times but it was restocked. There are plenty of bathrooms/showers for everyone. Breakfast is included and has cereals, toast, teas, etc. and was very good. staff was friendly and helpful but could not keep up with a fully booked hostel.

• 26th Jul 2014

Clink78 is a busy hostel that had a lot of young tour groups coming through to stay. The 12 bed dorm I booked was tiny, the luggage of 12 people could barely fit, but luckily I was moved to a female 10 bed dorm which was much more comfortable. Staff were generally helpful but quite busy and the facilities were clean.

would've been nice to have lockers for bags, and having to press a button every 20 seconds to keep the water running in the shower was a bit lame, but other than that clink was really great. everything was clean and tidy, awesome overall atmosphere.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Rooms were pretty small for the amount of beds, with no lockers and no wifi available there. Bar and kitchen were nice and big enough, specially the kitchen. Missed having big and more lockers to leave my stuff secure. Clink261 was a better choice for me although not having bar.

Very nice hostel. We had a great stay in Clink 😊

good hostel, I wasn't there all that long as it was a awesome day. good bar only problem it shut about 12:45 but it was a sunday which is understandable I guess. only problem was I thought the rooms were a bit hot, the room was given a fan but if the window opened more than a inch then maybe it would be better but I get health and safety is baring down on many businesses.

Nice hostel. Good for a short stay and easy access to Kings Cross Station. Became quite noisy throughout the night with street noise and people arriving late into the night. Room was very hot and stuffy but the bed was comfy enough.

Extremely dirty rooms without anyone to clean them up! Disgusting rooms!! We had cockroaches and ants as guests....so Ido not think that's coexisting with nature!

Absolutely tiny dorm rooms, with grubby bathrooms. I was there during summer, and there was no airconditioning for the bedrooms - the window only opened a crack and it was really sticky! The kitchen, bar, TV and computer rooms were all fine, but I'd still prefer to hang out in a pub nearby. The hostel is also the base for Top Deck Europe tours, so about half the people there are rowdy 18-24 year olds about to start one of those tours - good if those are your type of people.

Room is too small but serve well.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Was good , except it was so uncomfortably hot it was impossible to sleep. There was no aircon or any fans in the room, and the window only opened a crack. Everyone complained and a lot of people checked out early to find other places to stay (even though they had to pay the remaining nights as they wont give you back your money due to their 48hr cancelation policy). The bar downstairs is awesome and everyone was really friendly :)

• 17th Jul 2014

Rooms are too small and room ventilation was very difficult.

• 16th Jul 2014

Was not happy... The room got too hardly...hardly any ventilation... The location was not the easy to reach...20 mins walking to closest station... Shower shopped in between for 20 mins... In all never went like staying in the room ... But other areas if hostels were good

Helped us out at a very stressful time- and it worked perfectly for our needs- my grandson aged 18 loved it and wanted to stay longer but we had a train to catch and had to leave

• 15th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your review and the rating! We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and hey, you're always welcome to come back and stay longer ;) Hope to see you soon!

I had a really great time at Clink78. As this was my first hostel, I was quite worried about the cleanliness and security. This hostel was very clean - the washrooms and showers were cleaned daily and smelled clean. There was always security on location. I did have a broken "safe" above my bed and was unable to lock my valuables away. The atmosphere is great and travelers here are very fun to be around! The staff were also friendly. Overall, this was a great place to stay!

• 14th Jul 2014

A half hour walk from the major attractions and 5 minutes from King's Cross, it is very convenient, but at the same time when you are trying to sleep at night, buses continuously run through the streets and can make it quite difficult to sleep (plus the guy outside yelling obscenities until sunup did not help either). Great environment and great company to be had, full kitchen is very nice. Wifi is slow and cuts out every 2 seconds. Would stay again though. Average price for a hostel in London.

Hello there, Thank you for your time leaving us a review and amazing rating :) Nice to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Clink78 and enjoyed the atmosphere. Sorry you had to listen to some crazy guy yelling outside - we have security staff working at night, they can deal with the trouble makers even if they are not staying at the hostel. Hope to see you again, safe trips!

A very descent hostel in London despite the poor attitude of some staff members, especially that Spanish-speaking dread locks guy... He was totally impolite, patronising and unhelpful...

• 14th Jul 2014

I was staying at a 6men mixed bunk. Room was very cramp and walking area was only barely enough for 1 of us to open our luggage up. Room did not came with charging power points for people on the top bunk but came with 4 on the lower bunk, of which they are inaccessible to the other guys without disturbing the lower bunk. The steps on the bed to the upper bank were terrible and painful to step on. On in all, I will prefer st christopher's inn to clink78.

wonderful hostel, perfect location just 2 minutes from king's cross station and with lots of pubs and minimarket just on the doorstep. the dorms were really good, toilets and showers clean and with hot water running at any time. will definitely come back!

Hi there, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and the excellent rating. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay. see you soon. Younis

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7