Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

The staff are really helpful and friendly, free breakfast is nice, but the dorms were quite claustrophobic, eapecially the ones on the bottom floor where you can also hear the bar music's bass at night.

• 28th Mar 2015

Great place, very modern and well laid out. Really close to Kings Cross. Bar, laundry facilities, plenty of space. The room was a *bit* small, I kicked the guy in the next bunkbed in my sleep. The breakfast consisted of toast, cereal, and tea; not much to go on when traveling. Other than that this place was great, highly recommend.

There is almost no space for luggage, but if one doesn't plan to stay there too long, it may be ok. I had one unpleasant experience - somebody stole my food from the fridge, but - of course - it's not a fault of hostel stuff. It's probably because this hostel is quite big and accidents like that are more probable to happen. But except of that I'm totally satisfied with my stay there.

Lovely beds, boiling hot showers and free breakfast (a very good one!!) and beside kings Cross. Only thing is I wouldn't really recommend it for solo travellers as it can be hard to meet people!

Only thing I don't really like is the kitchen, there is no oven, no freezer, no scissors. Everything else is good, staff is great.

The bar is a really sweet touch as well as the awesome courtroom movie theater! One of the coolest hostels Ive stayed at.. It's location is right by kings cross so you can get anywhere decently fast.

Really nice place, you can see people of all ages enjoying their stay. Rooms ar really good organized. I would love that the internet was available in the rooms...

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Very energetic and youthful vibe with funky colors, group rooms and bar downstairs. Comfortable beds with plenty of space. Excellent location in Kings Cross that is an easy walk to the Thames or any place accessible by bus/tube. Only donwnside was that breakfast was very minimal.

• 16th Mar 2015

The hostel itself was very clean and the accomodation was very straight forward. Everything was simple, handy and comfortable! Receptionists could be a wee bit nicer but there was nothing wrong about them. I could stay over again

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Spain

I have to say that all the communial rooms were nice an clean. On the other hand I was in a 12 bed room and there we're no locker facilities in our room except for a small place to put our wallets, phones and passeports, which means that all our stuff had to be tossed in the middle of te floor. Needless to say the room was dirty, cramped and in general unpleasant.

• 14th Mar 2015

They treat you like children, we got a 50 pound fine for drinking a beer in our room.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Good location, a 5-10 minutes walk from King's Cross/St. Pancras station. I didn't feel particularly unsafe in the neighborhood. The staff was very helpful and nice. My room was the tiniest I've ever seen. The private shower was useless, unless you were prepared to wake up everybody else in the room. No lockers in the room, only in some corridors. The pressure in the "public" showers was awful and the general cleanliness of the hostel was mediocre. The "free" breakfast was OK.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

The surroundings were wonderful, the kitchen space was nice as well. The bedroom however was a little less nicer than the other parts of the facility, but overall it was a good experience.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Jamaica

I only wish that the bathrooms where I stayed (all female) were kept a bit cleaner. Also, the light in my bunk was not connected and it would've been very helpful for coming it at night when everyone is already asleep. Close to a tube station, so everything is fairly easily accessible and I loved the free tour in the morning. Breakfast could definitely be improved, but the bar in the basement was fun and inviting.

If the rooms were a bit bigger and the furniture a bit more convenient, it would have been perfect!

• 8th Mar 2015

W-fi did not work in the room which was realy frustrating, it could only be used in common areas which makes it very hard to call family. Room was very small (we were in a 3 bed private room) and ensuite was tiny. As we were in the basement the bar area was really loud of a night time and people were extremely loud in the hall way. Breakfast was standard continental but good none the less. Short 15-20 minn walk to most tourist attractions so saves you getting the tube

We had a tiny room in the basement (4 bed mixed), nothing for people with claustrophobia. There is a rather small window from which the fumes, smells and noises of the kitchen could enter freely. At times we were scared not to get air, as the window is the only way to get oxygen into the room. Very bad planning by the architects! There are no lockers in the rooms, you need to pay extra for that. At a price of 30 Euro per night a brazeness. The reception is nicely decorated, the kitchen is fine.

I would stay here again simply because it was in a nice quiet spot of London, just outside of kings cross. Everything about this place was great except that it didn't have an atmosphere in which I felt it was easy to meet other travelers. That, and I wish they replaced their shower handles with one's that didn't turn off after 15 seconds. Either way, as I stated previously, I found the facility to be accommodating, and would stay again

There's a lot to like about Clink78: luggage room for before check-in and after check-out, keycards, free breakfast, great location and excellent staff. The only negatives for me were the small in-room lockers (only could fit valuables like iPhone, wallet and passport) and the fact that you have to pay for a towel. Otherwise, top notch!

• 6th Mar 2015

Staff is so helpful and friendly! I was there was a fridge though but overall great value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7