Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

I'm wholly unimpressed with Clink 78. The common areas are okay (nowhere near as good as the Generator London) but the rooms are 100% inconvenient. The wifi doesn't work in your room, only the common areas. I was on a top bunk - no powerpoint to charge my phone. No lockers in the room, only the paid lockers down near reception, of which there are few. Staff unfriendly and rude. The bathroom was tiny. The shower water flow only worked for 10 seconds at a time. Awful stay. Couldn't wait to leave.

My first time staying in a hostel. I was pleasantly surprised! The rooms and were clean except for some dust under the top bunk of a bed. Beds were fairly comfy if you like a really mattress. One massive annoyance was there were no curtains or blinds for the windows, sunrise was around be 5pm so I couldn't get back to sleep. I would return, however, for the price we paid I'd just bring an eye mask next time. I can't fathom why they would paint the walls brown?!

• 25th Jul 2015

The form room was v dirtiest dorm i've ever stayed in. Felt like the floor had never been cleaned .

• 24th Jul 2015

Great hostel. Amazing atmosphere, nice people. I had loads of fun. I will definitely come back if I ever need a place to stay in central London.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic

I had a pleasant stay at Clink78, the free breakfast was good (toast/cornflakes/tea/coffee, nothing fancy), great location near king's cross. The amount of electrical outlets to charge your devices in a 16-bed dorm were very few compared to the amount of people+devices needing charging, but other than that, it was class. Would recommend any budget travellers to stay here!

Good location. Clean. No wifi in rooms.

The rooms were tiny! We didn't have much space to move around or put our things anywhere, the showers only ran for 20 seconds so you have to keep pressing the button for the water to come out which got very annoying as well as no adaptor holes in the barthroom so you couldn't straighten or blow dry your hair, and the hair dryer they did have in the barthroom for the girls to use was broken! You also couldn't get wifi in the rooms only in the main Loby and underground at the kitchen area.

• 21st Jul 2015

The Staff were great, the beds had board around the head area so there was a sense of privacy, and the atmosphere was friendly and social.

• 20th Jul 2015

Really clean. Good atmosphere for young people with friendly staff. Was a lot better than I thought it would be!

• 19th Jul 2015

Everything was pretty good, exept two things: the rooms get extremely hot in the summer, as there is no proper ventilation system, and I ran out of hot water in the morning. I understand that a lot of people take showers early, but the hostel should have a system that would provide with enough water for a 7-8 minute shower.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Friendly atmosphere; fantastic location - would definitelly stay again.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Great location, close to King's Cross and very good value for money. It could have been vacuum cleaned under the beds and since my room was by the street, I could hear every noise from outside (even with the window closed) but I'd probably book this again.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

The room was extremely small and there has no space for everyone to move or pack at the same time.

After staying in a fe city hostel I was abit nervous to be staying in one again. However this is the best one I have staying! Really nice staff and best of all the place is spotless.

• 14th Jul 2015

Really friendly, kind and helpful staff, great facilities, lively bar, comfortable bed and an enjoyable experience. I loved staying at Clink78 and will stay again in the future.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

I was very shocked by the size of the dorm. There was nowhere accessible to charge my phone. As soon as I walked in to the room and saw the squalid conditions of four beds squeezed into each other, I felt like I was in a jail cell. I have stayed in other hostels in London and around the world, and I must say, I expected a lot more for my money. I will not be staying again and suggest that this feedback is heeded in order to improve the rooms and congestion.

• 12th Jul 2015

This has to be one of the best hostels in London that I have stayed in. The location was good, it's easy to find and all the staff are friendly and will help you with anything you need. The kitchen/ social area is also very big and well equipped. The general atmosphere of the hostel is great (as its a converted prison) and was great to explore! I will definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends coming to england :). We stayed in a private double room. Maybe a room fan would be good!

I was very happy to stay in Hostel Clink 78 as it served my needs very well. The Staff wee very friendly and helpful and I had a great time.

• 10th Jul 2015

This place is awesome. Good vibes and a cool building. I have no complaints except that a lot of the doors were difficult to push open (fire doors). I loved the common rooms and the free breakfast was wonderful. The showers were reliable and I never had to wait for one. Everything was always very clean. I felt safer knowing that reception was available 24 hours a day and when I had questions they were helpful and friendly. It's not the loveliest part of the city, but close to tube and amenities.

The location is good, bars and restaurants close by and a main station that can take you almost anywhere is in walking distance. It was a little crowded and tended to be pretty loud so if you're looking for a good nights rest I wouldn't recommend it. However it's a great place to meet new people. The wifi is great in the lobby and bar area but doesn't work at all in the bedrooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7