Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

The dorm and facilities were very good and new and there was a nice space with desks to use laptops etc. However, it's a very large hostel so there were huge amounts of people and getting to know anyone would have been hard. There were no lockers to use (only ones you had to pay for), but the security in general was very good with a guard on the door and locks everywhere.

Good Hostel. Only stayed for one night so it's not an entirely accurate review but I have no complaints. Clean enough toilets (small though) and I never used the shower facilities. Staff was nice and helpful. The 4 bed rooms are very small and don't have much room for luggage. Getting in and out of top bunk can be tricky.

• 20th Feb 2015

The atmosphere and priorities of this hostel are obviously for those in age range 16-20. Good location; close to the train station. No lockers in the rooms, precarious (at best) ladders from the bunks, toilets out of order throughout stay, "free breakfast" that consists of toast, jam and hot chocolate and no wi-fi in the room were all really disappointing. The shower curtain also sticks to your body while showering - neither comfortable nor hygienic. And the dorm door didn't lock.

• 18th Feb 2015

Our room was incredibly hot. It was very hot to sleep in and the staff wouldn't help. Beds were uncomfortable

• 16th Feb 2015

I travel to London for work usually for just one night -and stay in hostels because I'm 29 and alone and don't see the need to pay more. This one is great for low budget young travelers. Super loud. Bar downstairs. Everyone drunk. Hallways echo into the rooms. So big with so many people = Not very clean. The clerk hit on me when I arrived, but was helpful. I wouldn't stay again. Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage/YHA Holland Park are the best overall hostels in London and I've stayed in ALL of them.

• 16th Feb 2015

I was impressed. It's really big and professional, equipped with a kitchen guests can use, free breakfast, and a room (usually full) where people can use the internet (they also have one or two paid computers to use). The internet only works downstairs, which was a bit annoying but it's good because people are in the common areas more. The bar opens at 5 and they have music on the weekends, which I missed. Location is great, you can catch the 63 from Kings Cross or walk 10 mins.

• 15th Feb 2015

We were disappointed in our stay at Clink78. It felt far away from everything, not much was walking distance at all. The girl on the front desk was rude and unhelpful, plus the toilets were really gross. But good breakfast in the morning, though wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it.

The rooms are old cells! Toliets ok but showers a bit rough.... I wouldnt stay here again...

• 14th Feb 2015

Sorry but it wasn't a good experience for me. Hope you take it for your improvement. I start saying staff is very good in helping you, and this is the only thing positive I can say. It wasn't good for me that I should pay for lockers. Then this hostel is very big...it seems a big commercial center, crowded of people and long distances to get my room to reception and this lockers I needed to pay. Then atmosphere zero. My concept of hostel is a place that gets closest as possible to your home.

staff were helpful, rooms are small and basic, the room key often failed and people from my room need to open door for me. When I arrive someone was in my bed, receptionist without any problem gave me different one. Everything in the shower room got wet. Breakfast was poor.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Second time I stayed here, another good stay :)

Very friendly atmosphere, the whole experience was cool. Really cheap for central London too! Highly recommended!

• 10th Feb 2015

I am going to miss this place. It's such an awesome place to stay: people, facilities, location, all. As a Harry Potter fan going all mornings to King's Cross to take the tube was magical, and it's only 5 blocks away from the hostel! I totally recommend this hostel!

This Hostel is well located, clean and great atmophere. I didn´t spend time in the hostel, just sleep, but It was a great choice!!!

The fact the hostel is in a former court house is pretty cool, but the novelty quickly wears off when you see the dorm rooms and how you're packed in literally right next to each other, with just a board keeping you from being in the same bed as the person next to you. There's no lockers in the rooms and just seems to be an anarchic system for trying to get a free one, I ended up having to pay for one downstairs. The showers are like swimming pool ones, you have to keep pressing the button.

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, the only way we can get better is with honest feedback. In fact this week we have just implemented free lockers for our guests to use. In future if you have a problem with the showers please come down to reception so we can get our maintenance crew to sort out the issue. All the best - Jacqui

This place is one of the best hostels I've have been to....the bar is cheap and has a really good atmosphere at night. For the price you are paying it's just amazing! Definitely going back there if I go to London again!

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Hi. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a positive review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you again! All the best - Jacqui

After reading many comments on this hostel the majority good, and never having stayed in a hostel before (total newbies) we were not only pleasantly surprised but it far exceeded our expectations !! :) we could not fault it one bit !! £25 for a private clean ultra modern room in central London with FREE more than expected breakfast, we started to question why we paid extortionate prices in hotels for so long ?? will deffo be staying again when next down ppl need to stop being so picky !!

• 1st Feb 2015

Hello. Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are so happy that we exceeded your expectations and we hope to see you again soon! All the best - Jacqui

Was a decent stay, ended up extending a day :) clash bar is pretty good, the dock room has great wifi, the location is pretty good and the staff were friendly :) Not too sure about old sleazy men who were making girls uncomfortable being allowed to stay in the hostel but hey it's their rules. thanks for the stay :)

Hi. Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. We take our guests safety very seriously and if anyone is uncomfortable with another guest or being harassed please come let us know at reception. We will either give them a warning or blacklist them if it is a recurring problem. We hope to see you again soon. All the best - Jacqui

Very clean cool updated hostel, I felt very safe staying here... The staff were so friendly and really helped me and so were the people in my room :) the cooking facilities were great, along with the bar! :) only thing for improve I would say is the room was very cold at night and the mattress was very hard. Overall, I would definitely go back and stay again, best hostel I've stayed at so far! :)

• 31st Jan 2015

Hi. Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed the kitchen and we pride ourselves on the friendliness of our staff. Next time if the room is cold or you have any other troubles please come down to reception and let us know. There is a solution to every problem :) All the best - Jacqui

The staff were very friendly and helpful, facilities were very clean, and location is fantastic. I was in a girl's dorm and it was crowded but comfortable (recommend the bottom bunk). The place itself is cool, though there isn't a central place to hang out so people weren't so social and everyone seemed to be on their electronics. The free walking tour was strange bc the hostel guide didn't talk to us at all and passed us on to another guide who was actually very good. Went longer than expected.

• 29th Jan 2015

Hi :) Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have quite a few common areas for our guests to enjoy: the movie room and computer room are generally quieter but the bar and kitchen are very social with plenty of space to sit down, have a chat and make some friends. We hope to see you again soon! All the best - Jacqui

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7