Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

It was great staying there, we had a good night and the atmosphere was really pleasant !! Don't hesitate

• 1st May 2015

Gr8 as always. thank You and see you next time!

• 1st May 2015
  • Poland

fantastic experience! fantastically well versed staff. helpful in the best of ways … and friendly. big plus! one little mishap was: online directions to the hotel from train station were a tad confusing -- if main (front) entrance to the king's cross train station was to be used as reference, one would be more clear and that alone would prevent one from asking questions. street signs are not as visible as one could possibly be used to -- hence, a more realistic visual will help.

I've tried three hostels in London and this must be the best one at the same price level. It's 5-10mins walk from kings cross. There are many good restaurants and stores around. The kitchen is really big and nice. The bathroom is good and big but water is not so hot. There's no wifi in the room but you can have it in the large lobby and kitchen which is really fast. The most satisfied thing is the stuff! They are so helpful and we became friends easily. Worthy of the price!

Clean. Good location. Helpful staff. Nice bar.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean enough but toilet and particularly showers were often not the cleanest. No in-room lockers so in-room storage is really limited to under the bunk. Bunk beds had additional paneling which provided a bit of extra privacy. Breakfast was tea/coffee/hot chocolate/juice with cereal/toast - can't really go wrong!

Been here before, great different kind of hostel, lots of facilities and nice included breakfast

In all of my hostelling experience, this is probably the best I have ever stayed at. The facilities were fantastic, and it was really very good value for money (considering the excellent location). More than that, clink boasts something quite rare to hostels, and that is a real sense of community that I have never seen before. Yes it is big, but that makes it seem more like some utopian microcosm. Breakfast a bit too sugary but free! Rooms a touch small, but you're in ldn so to be expected.

My room was a bit small, but the hostel is very clean. It's in a good location and the atmosphere is great.

• 18th Apr 2015

Clink 78 was great. You could tell the staff was glad to help you with any questions you had and that it was important to them to keep everything clean. I love that we had a little lock box on our beds to keep our valuables safe. The only down sides were the luggage room barely had room for our stuff and the wifi only works in certain parts of the building

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the hostel is good to come to as a couple/small group of friends/individual and there's plenty of opportunities to meet others at the bar in the evening! Would highly recommend this hostel!

• 16th Apr 2015

I stayed four nights in a deluxe room for 12 girls. That were no lockers in the room and all the luggage was in the middle of the room. It was a big mess. Another problem in the room is that there is no sockets in all beds. The light in my bed didn't work. Furthermore, the wifi is available only in commun áreas. To me the hostel was clean and the breakfast was good, but I wouldn't stay again.

No lockers (only a few and at an extra charge), little space in the rooms, bathrooms with basic facilities only. If you are looking to rough it for little money and have fun - great. But if you are looking for something clean, or space to leave your stuff securely - problem. And don't be claustrophobic in the dorms, the beds resemble caves.

The staff were really helpful and laid back which was nice and the building is very impressive, however the bedding had a large stain on it which put me off somewhat. Nevertheless, toilets and showers were clean. With only a ten minute walk to Kings Cross I'd definitely stay here again.

This is probably the worst hostel I have stayed ever. The hostel is super crazily noisy even at 3am!! We could not have a good sleep every night and drunk people were wandering at the hall way outside our room, sometimes even hitting on our door. Staff not really helpful, just chatting all the time. We had to move to another hostel at last as we really need a night sleep after 3 bad nights. What a waste of money!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

The staff where so smiley, helpful and friendly. Comfy beds and although we were only here for a night, could tell that the people staying here were living it as they shared stories over breakfast. Will be visiting again!

• 11th Apr 2015

It was great although their was a lot of noise from the bussy street. The breakfast was really poor.

• 10th Apr 2015

Large, bustling hostel that seems to attract everyone from families to backpackers.

Wether you ave a nice stay here or not depends on how lucky you are with your dorm mates. Not all of them will know the concept of common sense ;) Toilets and common areas were clean and plentiful. I never had to queue for a shower or toilet. This place has very good potential. I stayed in a 12 bed deluxe female dorm. Beds are a bit hard, and if you are very claustrophobic I don't recommend it. It is good value for money though. The clientel is very young.

Clean, nice common rooms - Wifi doesn't work in the rooms, Additional light on the bed never works

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7