Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

good hostel, I wasn't there all that long as it was a awesome day. good bar only problem it shut about 12:45 but it was a sunday which is understandable I guess. only problem was I thought the rooms were a bit hot, the room was given a fan but if the window opened more than a inch then maybe it would be better but I get health and safety is baring down on many businesses.

Nice hostel. Good for a short stay and easy access to Kings Cross Station. Became quite noisy throughout the night with street noise and people arriving late into the night. Room was very hot and stuffy but the bed was comfy enough.

• 20th Jul 2014

Was good , except it was so uncomfortably hot it was impossible to sleep. There was no aircon or any fans in the room, and the window only opened a crack. Everyone complained and a lot of people checked out early to find other places to stay (even though they had to pay the remaining nights as they wont give you back your money due to their 48hr cancelation policy). The bar downstairs is awesome and everyone was really friendly :)

• 17th Jul 2014

Was not happy... The room got too hardly...hardly any ventilation... The location was not the easy to reach...20 mins walking to closest station... Shower shopped in between for 20 mins... In all never went like staying in the room ... But other areas if hostels were good

Helped us out at a very stressful time- and it worked perfectly for our needs- my grandson aged 18 loved it and wanted to stay longer but we had a train to catch and had to leave

• 15th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your review and the rating! We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and hey, you're always welcome to come back and stay longer ;) Hope to see you soon!

A half hour walk from the major attractions and 5 minutes from King's Cross, it is very convenient, but at the same time when you are trying to sleep at night, buses continuously run through the streets and can make it quite difficult to sleep (plus the guy outside yelling obscenities until sunup did not help either). Great environment and great company to be had, full kitchen is very nice. Wifi is slow and cuts out every 2 seconds. Would stay again though. Average price for a hostel in London.

Hello there, Thank you for your time leaving us a review and amazing rating :) Nice to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Clink78 and enjoyed the atmosphere. Sorry you had to listen to some crazy guy yelling outside - we have security staff working at night, they can deal with the trouble makers even if they are not staying at the hostel. Hope to see you again, safe trips!

A very descent hostel in London despite the poor attitude of some staff members, especially that Spanish-speaking dread locks guy... He was totally impolite, patronising and unhelpful...

• 14th Jul 2014

I was staying at a 6men mixed bunk. Room was very cramp and walking area was only barely enough for 1 of us to open our luggage up. Room did not came with charging power points for people on the top bunk but came with 4 on the lower bunk, of which they are inaccessible to the other guys without disturbing the lower bunk. The steps on the bed to the upper bank were terrible and painful to step on. On in all, I will prefer st christopher's inn to clink78.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

wonderful hostel, perfect location just 2 minutes from king's cross station and with lots of pubs and minimarket just on the doorstep. the dorms were really good, toilets and showers clean and with hot water running at any time. will definitely come back!

Hi there, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and the excellent rating. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay. see you soon. Younis

Absolutely loved this hostel, the staff were so extremely helpful and the big commune rooms are great! Definitely the best hostel I've stayed at.

I really liked staying here and will no doubt stay again

Hi, Thank you for the excellent ratings. We're glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We're looking forward to welcome you back. Younis

Some disturbances on my last night, in the corridor and then in the dorm, made it difficult to get a good night's sleep

• 9th Jul 2014

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you didn't get a decent night sleep because of inconsiderate room mates; our reception is open 24/7 for this sort of problems though. Next time feel free to let us know and we will take care of the trouble makers so everybody can sleep tight :) We hope to see you again shall you return to London! Safe travels

Very helpful staff. Nice breakfast set up. Thanks for being there.

Hello! Many thanks for your great review! We are delighted you had a good stay with us and found the staff helpful! We hope you will return to see us on your next trip! See you soon

The wifi kept kicking me out and log back in while using it. Other than that it was a great hostel. Good breakfast selections. They are about to undergo some renos of the bathrooms, so thats a plus.

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time and leaving your great feedback with us! We are very happy to hear you had a good stay with us and enjoyed the free breakfast! The WiFi get a little slower when many people are connecting to the same hot spot; the best thing is to change your location as WiFi works in all common areas :) We hope to see you again in here shall you return to London! Safe Travels!

Great hostel I had no problems at all, had a great night at the bar downstairs and the staff are great!

• 6th Jul 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, lots of facilities, well laid out plus being in a really interesting building. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Club/bar in basement really fun, good music and vibe. Breakfast room nice and big and good choices, all included in price too.

Thank you for the review and amazing rating! We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay at Clink78 and hope to see you again. Cheers!

#Location #Atmosphere Excellent

Hey there, thank you for your time rating the hostel and leaving some nice words here:) Hope to see you again staying with us, have safe trips!

Fine for one maybe two nights! Buuttt felt incredibly safe as a single female traveller which is worth more than anything

Hello there! Thank you for your very positive feedback! We are happy to hear you had a great stay and most importantly felt safe with us :) We hope to see you again shall you return to London! Safe travels

I wanted to experience a hostel and was impressed with everything I saw. It was a jolly up-beat place and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I loved the building! The bar was busy + reasonably priced. The staff were most helpful. I arrived after 10pm + the room was in darkness with the other 3 occupants fast asleep - one in my allocated lower bunk so I didn't have a very comfortable night. I had assumed I'd be the one going to bed first (I'm 59!) not 20 yr olds.

• 1st Jul 2014

Hello there! Thank you for giving us your great feedback and rating :) We are happy to hear that you had a good stay with us and got impressed by the hostel ans its atmosphere! Our staff is also happy that you found us helpful! We are also there for the sort of issue you experiences though; if somebody is in your bed we are happy to change your room or just wake the person up for a swap! We hope to see you again!

It's a good party hostel. The rooms are pretty tight. Takes about 10 minutes to walk there from the nearest tube station.

Thank you for your time leaving the review and giving us the rating :) Clink78 is a busy hostel with a lively bar but it doesn't mean that it's only for the "party people" - there's little of everything for any kind of taste. We hope the walk from King's Cross station wasn't too long and you still had lots of energy to explore and enjoy London. Hope to see you again, safe travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7