Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

Very glad I only stayed one night. The facilities are very very rough, and the staff was rude and inconsiderate. Kind of feels like living in a colorfully painted prison. It's not especially conveniently located either.

Prima hostel op goede locatie van het metro station. De kamers waren veels te klein en het ontbijt viel een beetje tegen

The Clink78 is a hostel located very close to the main train stations in London. But it clearly is a hostel for teenagers coming to London to party. I once fit in this category, but since I was in London for work, the Clink78 was not a good choice.

very good place, nice staff, delicious breakfast

Nice place. The best place ever. The building is amazing and there is a bar pretty nice. U should go. The only problem is it is not so near the kings cross station than the other clink.

Chose this hostel for its history and proximity to Kings Cross and the British Library. Favourably impressed by the friendly staff, prime location and excellent value for central London, less so by the courtroom kitsch and fanciful description of facilities. I didn't mind the terrace of bunk beds, but the partitions between them provide privacy at the expense of natural light, and all the reading lights had been disconnected. Good breakfast but kitchen was inaccessible for much of my stay.

stay was good, good atmosphere and nice staff ,only the rooms are too small for 4 persons to sleep + no plugs available for people who are sleeping on the upper bed. But it is good enough for the value for money

Fantastic, helpful staff and nice that breakfast is included. On the downside rooms are small, it's incredibly noisy from road noise and internally, only 1 light in rooms as ones in bunks don't work so when people enter room you wake up, shower temp can't be moderated as just a push a button on a timer thing, not enough plugs in rooms and because the place is so massive there isn't much of an atmosphere.

Staff was very friendly! Cleaning staff cleant the toilets several times per day!

Loved it, great people, great staff, great facilities and fairly cheap Will definately be back and would recommend to anyone!

• 7th Dec 2014

Apart from the fact that there is a nightclub inside the hostel and the music stays louder until like 2-3am. Apart that they rent the bar/kitchen area to outsiders party's and you can't use it. Apart i heard fightings in the corridors in the night of that party. Apart from all of this, I enjoyed my stay.

One of our party of 3 detected sewer type odors on 3rd floor, and was disappointed to find no wi-fi in the room. Wi-fi available only in common rooms. Apart from that, our stay in a 3 person private room w/toilet & shower was very good. Good location near St. Pancras station. Good free breakfast. Helpful staff. Travel, day-trip services. Easy access to Heathrow from St. Pancras station via Picadilly line Underground! Thanks, Clink!

It was very clean (apart from the terrible mess made by the guests), the staff was friendly, the breakfast nice. We had an electricity problem, which didn't concern me much but kept other people hussling and being noisy - somebody came to fix it at night, which probably means good service, though I would prefer everyone just to calm down, turn of the lights and fix it in the morning - that is because I come to hostels to sleep. One thing the hostel lacked was lockers for personal belongings.

Very spatious and clean hostel. Possibly the best London hostel I've stayed in so far. Nothing to complain about really, except for maybe the early check out time. Also had problems reaching the Wi-Fi from our bedroom.

• 30th Nov 2014

When We arrived, there was a large crowd drinking and smoking outside the front door. Once inside seemed secure and the autmosphere was nice till we arrived in our room. 3 bunk beds shoved together with a piece of wood separating the beds. Then on the other side another 2 sets of beds. Not enough outlets and you slept with a piece of wood separating you and the person next to you. Not what was expected. Very disappointed.

Great value for money. I would definitely recommend Clink78.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Great location, staff have been very helpful. Rooms are a good size and very clean. Would recommend that they have more showers and bathrooms. Not nearly enough for the amount of people at this hostel. Good wifi but not available in rooms. Breakfast is basic but good. Overall a comfortable stay at this hostel.

Almost perfect. To improve: - Breakfast (it was really basic) - To add wardrobe or shelves in rooms.

No running water on the saturday. So had to buy bottled water just to wash before we went out. Staff simply stated water pipe had broke and gave no knowledge of when it would be fixed or offer any solutions. We had to spend more money to clean. Simply wrong!!!!

• 21st Nov 2014

Great place for our stay-great location, great staff and great value. When we arrived we were assigned to a mixed dorm; however, on the phone I had requested a female dorm. Staff were very helpful-for the 1st night we were moved to a female dorm (which was booked out after the 1st night) but Anna arranged for another female dorm. We stressed over it the 1st day (and probably annoyed staff) but team dealt with it so well, we were really impressed. Definitely booking again for my next visit!

• 20th Nov 2014