Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

I thought the hostel was great i don't usually stay in hostels but 10 minute walk not even that from king cross its a bargain. My only downside of this hostel is that the lift didn't work i suffer from vertigo so i can't get to the second floor and the staff put me on top floor, but they upgraded my room for free. The staff were really lovely/friendly, room was ace for the price. I would go back if i went to London again.

• 17th Jan 2015

Great place to stay and meet new friends

Needed wifi in the rooms !!!!!

• 12th Jan 2015

Very squishy rooms and unisex bathrooms on my floor. Good breakfast.

The staff was really nice and although we had booked two beds in an 8 bed dorm we got a private room. Lucky girls :) The location near King's Cross Station was really good for us. The only thing we did not like so much were the toilets and showers.

The only issue I had was with the rooms. They were cold and a little damp. Otherwise, it's a nice place

No big lockers for backpacks on the rooms, the heater did not work properly and the window was partly broken, apart from that I had a good stay

Female dorm of 8. You had your beds allocated for you. Each bed has a small security box where you can keep a few items/papers (bring a lock). Shower and toilets were clean. Overall nothing special. SImple.

They were so nice to us! We were supposed to be in a room with 8 people but they weren't very busy so they upgraded us to a 4 person dorm. :) Location was great! Easy to get on the underground and bus. Only complaint. No WiFi in rooms. You have to go to the main lobby to use it.

• 2nd Jan 2015

My first experience of hostelling in London, and I was very impressed with the facilities, value for money and friendly staff at Clink 78. I hope to come back and visit in the future!

• 1st Jan 2015

Very dirty in room and toilet

This place is really only suitable for 18-20s looking to party, otherwise, don't count on sleeping.

The staff very friendly and helpful. The room too small, too dark, too cramped. There are no lockers in the rooms.

Everywhere was clean and tidy, however, my room was very cramped and smelt strongly of damp (maybe needs some better ventilation), but I've stayed in worse. About 10 minutes from Kings Cross and had a fairly standard free breakfast in the morning.

Didn't stay for long, as we got in late, however the staff were very and the wife was good. Unfortunately doesn't reach the rooms. Cool place, converted jail with original furniture. Great location. Reasonable price for London around NYE (stayed on the 29th). Would come back.

Great hostel. Best part about it is the staff and bar. Breakfast is very basic, but delicious nonetheless. Beds are reasonable, which is all you need in a hostel bed. Facilities need work; showers specifically. I stayed on the fifth floor, where the mens showers were closed. I went downstairs to the 4th floor, and the shower water just dribbled, ice cold, out of the wall. However, thats my only complaint. Would return, especially if showers improved.

Amazing place. Staff is lovely and helpful, the DJ in the club is not as good as I expected, but the parties are always nice. Location is good, but the amount os stairs all around was bothersome at times... This was the third time I stayed there and I will definitely come back. :)

• 26th Dec 2014

I stayed at this hostel a couple of nights, the only things I liked was the atmosphere, and the location, quite close to st Pancras international station. The problem was the room, I booked a 12 bed room which was not properly cleaned and was very smelly, didn't like it. The breakfast was good.

I wasn't expect like that cleanliness but this place is really clean. Staff was very polite and friendly. Thank you all of them. I enjoyed a lot.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Turkey

We had booked 2 nights in a 10 bed dorm. When we arrived we were absolutely shocked by the lack of space and horrible smell of the dorm. There was hardly enough space to even open up our suitcases. We went to reception to express our concerns who were very helpful but unfortunately couldn't change our room for the night room as they were completely full. They did however upgrade us to a private for the following night at no extra cost which we were very grateful for!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7