Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

My friend and I came here for 3 nights and absolutely loved it! Great atmosphere, fun hostel bar, expansive kitchen and good facilities. The only con I really had was the location. It wasn't super far from anything but it wasn't really central either. About 4-5 tube stops from most tourist attractions and a 10 minute walk to the Kings Cross tube station. However, it was a very minor inconvenience and the hostel itself was really great! Would definitely recommend a stay here!

• 17th Aug 2015

Glad you enjoyed staying with us! Hope to have you back! Best Regards, Izzy

my problems with this place: 1) as soon breakfast is over its get out haha.. yea they want you the hell out of the kitchen area exactly when breakfast is up.. how about wait 30-45 min after people got the last of breakfast and they are done eating. 2) they have a shortage of lockers to actually put stuff of value that people actually travel with, laptops, etc. 3) they cram people together in the rooms..its a strange set up 4) reminds me of an institution..

Hello Sean, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We understand the things you appointed and we're working constantly to improve the spaces. As for the schedules for the facilities they have to follow strict rules because for us is important to assure that the cleaning team has the time to leave everything impeccable so all guests feel well in a clean environment :) Have a nice day! All the best, Izzy

Fine. Near the Mile and easy to get to the Fringe acts by foot.

Hi there :) Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We love your positive vibes and we are so glad the you enjoyed your stay with us :) We hope to see you again soon! Jax

lovely place I would come back.

Hi there :) Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We love your positive vibes, please come back and visit again!! Happy travels, Jax

This is just the coolest venue ever, love the catacomb-like row of beds, the fact that it was an old prison, the TV room and computer and study room ( Docking ) blown my mind, what a jewel of a hostel, the staff members are ultra friendly and security keep order and the bar is rocking and drinks are low cost and breakfast included and I could hardly sleep from all the excitement and I am an adult walking around feeling like a teenager again. I can't wait to stay there again, a holiday from one.

Heya Baruch! Guests like you make our day! Thanks for the review! All the best and see you soon in London :) Izzy

The location is great, just a ten minute walk to Kings Cross and there are some cool bars etc close to the hostel. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm and the room was tiny but that is to be expected for the price. Bit stuffy and it got really hot considering there were eight people sleeping in a tiny room without a fan and just a tiny window. Overall it was a really nice building and they had a nice bar. The staff were the lowpoint of my stay, they spent most of their time talking to each other it seemed

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Norway

Place was, close enough to Kings Cross Station so transportation around is very good. Clean enough, though slightly noisy. Staff were helpful and nice.

I had a fantastic time staying here and would love to return again in the future. Thumb up''

Typical big city hostel. Crowded, small rooms and so on. But: The staf is very friendly and helpful The common areas are tidy, clean and also provide a friedly atmosphere. Furthermore the facilities are very clean and it does not seem to be a party hostel, despite the nice bar with cheap prices in the basement.

Clink was not worth the price it charged for a room ($50 Aus per bed). Very claustrophobic. In an effort to make as much money as possible, Clink has sacrificed any breathing space in the sleeping quarters to accommodate as many people as possible per room. The toilets are tiny with barley any room to turn around. The showers whilst more spacious offers no space for you to put toiletries. The small spaces afforded in both the showers and toilets make it very difficult to get ready each morning.

• 11th Aug 2015

Hello there :) Thank you for leaving us a review. I am sorry that you didn't fully enjoy your stay with us, unfortunately when booking through 3rd party websites the prices are different to what we actually sell them for ourselves. At the time of your stay the beds were only £15 / $30 Aus. Also with it being Summer in London you would battle to find something cheaper. The lovely reception staff is around 24 hours, any problems, pop down & we will do our best to help. Safe travels, Jax

Definitely not the best hostel that I've stayed into. Not the worst either. Well located and relatively tidy, the beds are literally bunked insed the rooms. I had to sleep bed-to-bed (separated by a 1cm false semi-wall) with a couple of men that couldn't stop chatting and laughing like they were in the middle of a park. There's not enought plugs for charging phones either. This is my 5th visit to London and Clink78 doesn't make it to my top 3.

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » last »