Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

Helped us out at a very stressful time- and it worked perfectly for our needs- my grandson aged 18 loved it and wanted to stay longer but we had a train to catch and had to leave

• 15th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your review and the rating! We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and hey, you're always welcome to come back and stay longer ;) Hope to see you soon!

I had a really great time at Clink78. As this was my first hostel, I was quite worried about the cleanliness and security. This hostel was very clean - the washrooms and showers were cleaned daily and smelled clean. There was always security on location. I did have a broken "safe" above my bed and was unable to lock my valuables away. The atmosphere is great and travelers here are very fun to be around! The staff were also friendly. Overall, this was a great place to stay!

• 14th Jul 2014

Hi, Thank you for such nice words! I'm happy your first hostel experience turned out to be a positive one and I'm even more happy it was with us :). I hope the reception advised you where to find additional lockers for situations like this. See you again at Clink! Enjoy your travels! Agata

A half hour walk from the major attractions and 5 minutes from King's Cross, it is very convenient, but at the same time when you are trying to sleep at night, buses continuously run through the streets and can make it quite difficult to sleep (plus the guy outside yelling obscenities until sunup did not help either). Great environment and great company to be had, full kitchen is very nice. Wifi is slow and cuts out every 2 seconds. Would stay again though. Average price for a hostel in London.

Hello there, Thank you for your time leaving us a review and amazing rating :) Nice to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Clink78 and enjoyed the atmosphere. Sorry you had to listen to some crazy guy yelling outside - we have security staff working at night, they can deal with the trouble makers even if they are not staying at the hostel. Hope to see you again, safe trips!

A very descent hostel in London despite the poor attitude of some staff members, especially that Spanish-speaking dread locks guy... He was totally impolite, patronising and unhelpful...

• 14th Jul 2014

The history of this location is better than the location itself, I was there during the height of summer and the rooms were very stuffy and hard to sleep in, but I felt very secure and safe and they kept the washrooms clean. There was also a decent breakfast.

The hostel isn't clean, there isn't fan ceiling or air condition, so there isn't ventilation, only a small window. The bed is so close to another, it's so uncomfortable. In the showers sometimes doesn't have water. The key wasn't working, so everytime i had to go down for solving this problem.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback! I'm sorry you didn't find our hostel clean, the housekeeping team is working 24/7 but things are in constant use so if there's any problem please report it. I passed the message about the showers to our maintenance team. The magnet on the key unfortunately can demagnetize if kept with other cards or phone so we advise to have it separately. Hope you'll come again and give us another chance! :) Enjoy your travels! Agata

I was staying at a 6men mixed bunk. Room was very cramp and walking area was only barely enough for 1 of us to open our luggage up. Room did not came with charging power points for people on the top bunk but came with 4 on the lower bunk, of which they are inaccessible to the other guys without disturbing the lower bunk. The steps on the bed to the upper bank were terrible and painful to step on. On in all, I will prefer st christopher's inn to clink78.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. The 6 bedded dorms are more private but some guests prefer more specious 8 or 10 bedded dorms which are also a bit cheaper. Maybe you can try these next time? Also we have a lot of cool communal area. We will have a look into installing better accessible plugs in the room. If you have trouble reaching the upper bank please next time ask for a bottom one when you book. Hope you'll give us another chance :) Enjoy your travels! Agata

wonderful hostel, perfect location just 2 minutes from king's cross station and with lots of pubs and minimarket just on the doorstep. the dorms were really good, toilets and showers clean and with hot water running at any time. will definitely come back!

Hi there, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and the excellent rating. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay. see you soon. Younis

Exceedingly friendly and helpful staff from all around the world. Friendly guests as well. Really cool building, great location, fun bar downstairs, excellent kitchen area. I'll be staying again.

The hostel was very big with a lot of people. The rooms were okay - but nothing extra in them - only the beds (which were designated for you). By the bed there was a small locker to put your valuables into and lock with your own lock. The hostel was easy to find but a 10-15 (or so) minute walk from the underground. Nice extras were that there was a big room with computers for guests to use and that breakfast was included which was awesome! (Basic toast, juice, coffee/tea, cereals..) :)

Absolutely loved this hostel, the staff were so extremely helpful and the big commune rooms are great! Definitely the best hostel I've stayed at.

Hey there, big thanks for the review and amazing rating! We are always excited to have happy people here at Clink78 :) Hope to see you again, cheers!

I really liked staying here and will no doubt stay again

Hi, Thank you for the excellent ratings. We're glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We're looking forward to welcome you back. Younis

Some disturbances on my last night, in the corridor and then in the dorm, made it difficult to get a good night's sleep

• 9th Jul 2014

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you didn't get a decent night sleep because of inconsiderate room mates; our reception is open 24/7 for this sort of problems though. Next time feel free to let us know and we will take care of the trouble makers so everybody can sleep tight :) We hope to see you again shall you return to London! Safe travels

Very helpful staff. Nice breakfast set up. Thanks for being there.

Hello! Many thanks for your great review! We are delighted you had a good stay with us and found the staff helpful! We hope you will return to see us on your next trip! See you soon

Great hostel to meet people and party, amazing staff that are all very helpful and friendly, showers weren't amazing but when you're backpacking any shower is a good one. Free breakfast too :)

Hello there, thank you for your time leaving us such a nice review :) We hope to see your lovely face here again. Safe trips!

The wifi kept kicking me out and log back in while using it. Other than that it was a great hostel. Good breakfast selections. They are about to undergo some renos of the bathrooms, so thats a plus.

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time and leaving your great feedback with us! We are very happy to hear you had a good stay with us and enjoyed the free breakfast! The WiFi get a little slower when many people are connecting to the same hot spot; the best thing is to change your location as WiFi works in all common areas :) We hope to see you again in here shall you return to London! Safe Travels!

Great hostel I had no problems at all, had a great night at the bar downstairs and the staff are great!

Hello, Thank you for your awesome review! We are happy if you are happy ;) Hope to see you again, safe travels.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, lots of facilities, well laid out plus being in a really interesting building. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Club/bar in basement really fun, good music and vibe. Breakfast room nice and big and good choices, all included in price too.

Thank you for the review and amazing rating! We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay at Clink78 and hope to see you again. Cheers!

#Location #Atmosphere Excellent

Hey there, thank you for your time rating the hostel and leaving some nice words here:) Hope to see you again staying with us, have safe trips!

Fine for one maybe two nights! Buuttt felt incredibly safe as a single female traveller which is worth more than anything

Hello there! Thank you for your very positive feedback! We are happy to hear you had a great stay and most importantly felt safe with us :) We hope to see you again shall you return to London! Safe travels