Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

If the rooms were a bit bigger and the furniture a bit more convenient, it would have been perfect!

• 8th Mar 2015

W-fi did not work in the room which was realy frustrating, it could only be used in common areas which makes it very hard to call family. Room was very small (we were in a 3 bed private room) and ensuite was tiny. As we were in the basement the bar area was really loud of a night time and people were extremely loud in the hall way. Breakfast was standard continental but good none the less. Short 15-20 minn walk to most tourist attractions so saves you getting the tube

We had a tiny room in the basement (4 bed mixed), nothing for people with claustrophobia. There is a rather small window from which the fumes, smells and noises of the kitchen could enter freely. At times we were scared not to get air, as the window is the only way to get oxygen into the room. Very bad planning by the architects! There are no lockers in the rooms, you need to pay extra for that. At a price of 30 Euro per night a brazeness. The reception is nicely decorated, the kitchen is fine.

I would stay here again simply because it was in a nice quiet spot of London, just outside of kings cross. Everything about this place was great except that it didn't have an atmosphere in which I felt it was easy to meet other travelers. That, and I wish they replaced their shower handles with one's that didn't turn off after 15 seconds. Either way, as I stated previously, I found the facility to be accommodating, and would stay again

There's a lot to like about Clink78: luggage room for before check-in and after check-out, keycards, free breakfast, great location and excellent staff. The only negatives for me were the small in-room lockers (only could fit valuables like iPhone, wallet and passport) and the fact that you have to pay for a towel. Otherwise, top notch!

Staff is so helpful and friendly! I was there was a fridge though but overall great value for money.

I stayed in the 6 bed female room. It was lovely. The bar and common areas were full of life and well maintained. In error I made whilst booking my stay was easily and quickly corrected by the staff. I enjoys my stay. Plenty of diversity in people and a fun place to stay. I would book a room if I was in London again.

• 4th Mar 2015

I had to go to a special bathroom for girls only, because the bathroom I was supposed to use was always dirty, there is not mirrors or anything else.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Staff exceptionally helpful. Hostel large and spacious. One of my favourite hostels ive stayed in

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Wales

Everyone was really nice. Rooms were clean! Not a far walk from the tube!

The biggest hostel I have ever been to. Could definitely be cleaner but the common rooms were nice and they have a huge locker area. The bar was fun for a drink before heading out. Great location right near Kings Cross which makes it easy to get anywhere. People we met were friendly and the staff was nice.

The hostel was quite dirty, the showers were absolutely horrendous to use as you had to keep pressing this button to keep the shower working, and there was nowhere to get changed before or after the shower and nowhere to leave my clothes. I had to put wet feet into my shoes and pull wet jeans on as the shower got them all wet and honestly, after the shower I felt no cleaner. Yuk. It would've been nice if the beds were already made for guests too.

Unfortunately the lift (elevator) broke down during my stay - for me it was a hardship going up and down stairs.

The dorm and facilities were very good and new and there was a nice space with desks to use laptops etc. However, it's a very large hostel so there were huge amounts of people and getting to know anyone would have been hard. There were no lockers to use (only ones you had to pay for), but the security in general was very good with a guard on the door and locks everywhere.

Generally well kept but there are a lot of long-term residents - of course you get your annoying bunkmates once in a whil but, welcome to hostel life.

Good Hostel. Only stayed for one night so it's not an entirely accurate review but I have no complaints. Clean enough toilets (small though) and I never used the shower facilities. Staff was nice and helpful. The 4 bed rooms are very small and don't have much room for luggage. Getting in and out of top bunk can be tricky.

Everything was remarkable :)

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Latvia

The atmosphere and priorities of this hostel are obviously for those in age range 16-20. Good location; close to the train station. No lockers in the rooms, precarious (at best) ladders from the bunks, toilets out of order throughout stay, "free breakfast" that consists of toast, jam and hot chocolate and no wi-fi in the room were all really disappointing. The shower curtain also sticks to your body while showering - neither comfortable nor hygienic. And the dorm door didn't lock.

• 18th Feb 2015

Hi there Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review I am quite intrigued as to why you would say that is our target age when it is fact quite a bit higher. The only showers that have shower curtains are the disabled ones... Not sure why you were using those. We are in the process of installing free wifi into all the rooms. Also in the future if your door does not lock, come down to reception and let us know so we can get the maintenance team to fix it. Safe travels, Jacqui

We stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm, and it was tiny. Literally 10 bunk beds and a small walkway at the end. No room for everyone's bags and very little circulation around the room. Other than room, it was great. Showers and toilets were clean, there was a great atmosphere in the common area/bar. Lovely and close to both underground and main train stations. Will stay there again

Hi there Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, We have just finished renovating our rooms to make them more spacious :) We hope to see you again. Jacqui

Our room was incredibly hot. It was very hot to sleep in and the staff wouldn't help. Beds were uncomfortable

Hi There Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Unfortunately the heating is automatic and there isn't much we can do to change it without the maintenance team. I hope you have better travel experiences in the future, Jacqui