Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

The bar was amazing, with wonderful bar team. The best ones were surely the French girl Cynthia and the spanish bar manager Juanjo who were very nice, professional, smiling: a great customer service, I felt like home. Unlikely, I can't say thesame for the reception team. Some were very professional but one of them(Mark, foreigner) was very rude, with a very poor customer service,I'm French and can speak english fluently but when I spell my name he didn't get it and say I wasn't talking english.

Very good Hostel, will come back next time Im in London

Great place, very modern and well laid out. Really close to Kings Cross. Bar, laundry facilities, plenty of space. The room was a *bit* small, I kicked the guy in the next bunkbed in my sleep. The breakfast consisted of toast, cereal, and tea; not much to go on when traveling. Other than that this place was great, highly recommend.

Really great vibe, fun bar to meet people at and friendly staff

• 26th Mar 2015

If you are going to stay here choose a 12 person mixed dorm. The 10 person dorm was extremely small and packed like sardines. 12 person dorm was so much bigger and more room. Also the rooms don't have anywhere to lock your stuff except this really small locker only good for your phone , small items, etc.

There is almost no space for luggage, but if one doesn't plan to stay there too long, it may be ok. I had one unpleasant experience - somebody stole my food from the fridge, but - of course - it's not a fault of hostel stuff. It's probably because this hostel is quite big and accidents like that are more probable to happen. But except of that I'm totally satisfied with my stay there.

Lovely beds, boiling hot showers and free breakfast (a very good one!!) and beside kings Cross. Only thing is I wouldn't really recommend it for solo travellers as it can be hard to meet people!

Value for money is great. Kitchen is closed from midnight which is a bit of a pain if you're hungry at night though.

Only thing I don't really like is the kitchen, there is no oven, no freezer, no scissors. Everything else is good, staff is great.

The bar is a really sweet touch as well as the awesome courtroom movie theater! One of the coolest hostels Ive stayed at.. It's location is right by kings cross so you can get anywhere decently fast.

Really nice place, you can see people of all ages enjoying their stay. Rooms ar really good organized. I would love that the internet was available in the rooms...

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Very energetic and youthful vibe with funky colors, group rooms and bar downstairs. Comfortable beds with plenty of space. Excellent location in Kings Cross that is an easy walk to the Thames or any place accessible by bus/tube. Only donwnside was that breakfast was very minimal.

• 16th Mar 2015

The hostel itself was very clean and the accomodation was very straight forward. Everything was simple, handy and comfortable! Receptionists could be a wee bit nicer but there was nothing wrong about them. I could stay over again

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Spain

I have to say that all the communial rooms were nice an clean. On the other hand I was in a 12 bed room and there we're no locker facilities in our room except for a small place to put our wallets, phones and passeports, which means that all our stuff had to be tossed in the middle of te floor. Needless to say the room was dirty, cramped and in general unpleasant.

• 14th Mar 2015

They treat you like children, we got a 50 pound fine for drinking a beer in our room.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Good location, a 5-10 minutes walk from King's Cross/St. Pancras station. I didn't feel particularly unsafe in the neighborhood. The staff was very helpful and nice. My room was the tiniest I've ever seen. The private shower was useless, unless you were prepared to wake up everybody else in the room. No lockers in the room, only in some corridors. The pressure in the "public" showers was awful and the general cleanliness of the hostel was mediocre. The "free" breakfast was OK.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

The surroundings were wonderful, the kitchen space was nice as well. The bedroom however was a little less nicer than the other parts of the facility, but overall it was a good experience.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Jamaica

I only wish that the bathrooms where I stayed (all female) were kept a bit cleaner. Also, the light in my bunk was not connected and it would've been very helpful for coming it at night when everyone is already asleep. Close to a tube station, so everything is fairly easily accessible and I loved the free tour in the morning. Breakfast could definitely be improved, but the bar in the basement was fun and inviting.

If the rooms were a bit bigger and the furniture a bit more convenient, it would have been perfect!

• 8th Mar 2015

W-fi did not work in the room which was realy frustrating, it could only be used in common areas which makes it very hard to call family. Room was very small (we were in a 3 bed private room) and ensuite was tiny. As we were in the basement the bar area was really loud of a night time and people were extremely loud in the hall way. Breakfast was standard continental but good none the less. Short 15-20 minn walk to most tourist attractions so saves you getting the tube