Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

Unfortunately the lamps in the beds didn't work which meant it was really dark in the bottom bunks even with the main light on. Other than that everything was fine.

Hi there, thanks for the feedback! We're sorry to heat the lamps weren't working properly, next time please report it to reception so we can get the Maintenance team to fix them :) But we're happy your stay was generally good! We wish you safe and great travels and hope to see you again soon! Anna

There are several problems with this hostel, they try to differentiate themselves but at the same time they are focus on cost, the rooms are really small for 6 bed, no lockers, the reception desk is always crowded, I sent an email before my arrival about the availability of the lockers, they told me that there is any problem at the end I didn't have lockers, the clerk didn't believed me until she verified my room. Bathrooms aren't clean, elevator doesn't work...

Upon arrival the lady checking us in was very rude. I understand that it was a busy time but we were not asking anything extra of her and her attitude wasn't hospitable. The room which we paid a lot of money for was extremely small for three people there was no floor space once we had our bags in the room. I was impressed with the security of the place, the common areas and the breakfast served. Over all I had a fairly pleasant stay but I wouldn't feel the need to come back.

Hi there, thanks for the feedback! We're sorry to hear that you found the receptionist rude - we would like to investigate a little further if you want to send us an email on reception.supervisor@clinkhostels.co.uk so we can see exactly what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again. We're however happy that you had a good stay and hope to change your mind and welcome you again! Anna

I would have liked to have a few shelves or more space for the luggage in the dormitory. There was no wifi anywhere but in the reception area, and that also didn't really work properly.

Hello, thank you for taking some time to write this review. We take your comments on board of course regarding the shelves - we are looking into different solutions to make the dorms a bit more practical :) The free WiFi works in all common rooms - lobby, TV and Computer rooms, kitchen, dinning area and Clashbar, just try it next time and let us know if you have any problems! Hope to see you again! Anna

No TV in common room, only in bar!

No wifi in rooms

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Finland

Great location and exciting setting. The dorms are cramped however and so are toilets and showers. Everything else alright.

lovely and calm place, love the location and the kidness of the staff...

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Was good! I like it. The location was a little far from King Cross, but still within walking distance! The staff was super helpful and friendly as well, and the rooms were nice and big and they have boards at the side so you're shielded from others!

Good experience, but the rooms were VERY crowded and didn't smell great. A bit of a far walk from the metro for a single woman.

Really good located, close to King's Cross. The cleaning of the bathrooms could improve, thick layer of dust, and often ni toilettpaper. Nice beds with plenty of space.

Had a great time at this hostel!

The hostel is amazing. If they could sell separately the lockers for backpackers it could be perfect!!

Hostel is nice although the room is too small. Close to coffee shops and to some restaurants. I would say 15 min walking til the tube station. A girl from the staff gave me extra hour connection, which was really cool of her! Good vibe, full of young people.

Very friendly and helpful lady on reception that stored my laptop for me. All in all a good but brief stay. Would definitely stay again.

Amazing hostel! Second time there and it's just getting better and better. O loved it.

• 11th Oct 2014

The only flaw was the luggage room, it was really messed up. to find a place for the luggage (and later recover it) was very challenging and also not safe because of the high risk to trip over other luggages. Apart from this, I've been really happy about all.

Hello, thanks for this review! It is good for us to know your feedback to improve the luggage room - we are currently looking into it! But we are very happy to hear that you had a great stay! We would be delighted to see you again :) Safe travels Anna

Very good place to be, as there is Breakfasts included and atmosphere is very nice, cheap but good if you want to stay there, One thing is a bit confusing, finding the facilities, toilets for example, But other than that it is superb :) Traveler from esotnia :D

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Estonia

Staying here was a good experience overall, as the communal rooms were really interesting and festive on the main floor (the courtrooms), and the basement bar and kitchen were buzzing with activity though never seemed to be full to capacity. The unfortunate part of this experience was our room. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm in the basement which never stopped smelling like feet. We shared the room with a rotation of guests, so it seemed like the smell was coming from the room itself.

Free breakfast is a big plus! Great way to start the day in the busy cafeteria. On the other hand, the lack of electrical outlets in the bunk I stayed in was a negative - couldn't charge devices overnight, and had to spend time hovering around the outlets in the common areas.

• 9th Oct 2014