Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

Room was tiny and crowded, not enough personal space and sockets. Other than that, staff was very friendly and helpful, hostel is nice and roomy, common rooms are fantastic.

The hostel itself is fine. Two important things are that there were a lot of people of different ages. I saw families with young kids, and older single travelers. The second is that the area is not ideal. I often felt unsafe walking to and from kings cross especially at night. However the facilities were cool. Also wifi only in public areas! Not in the rooms.

Decent hostel for a couple of nights. Tight, cramped dorms everyone's sitting on top of each other no room to change. No lockers in the room. Black mold in the showers.

I stayed in an 8-bed mixed dorm. The hostel is very clean, the common rooms are not that great but the bar is a good place to meet people. It's a ten minute walk to King's Cross, from where you can get to central London in less than ten minutes. Security at the door is very good, especially at night, though there's no lockers in the rooms. It's a really big hostel (700 beds or something) in an old court building, which gives it a really unique atmosphere. I enjoyed my stay!

hostel was pretty clean. Some staff were really helpful, others I found to be very unprofessional. The rooms were extremely tiny, lack of outlets especially for top bunks was frustrating. Overall it wasn't worth it and I won't be staying there again.

• 23rd Dec 2015

I thought the location of the hostel was great and perfect for my quick trip to London. However, I found the room (shared with 5 other people) small, dark, and musty.. And we were crammed into the room like sardines! The showers could be improved with the addition of a bench or something to put your stuff while showering. Also, the elevator was not working while I was there, which would not have been a problem except that I was staying on the top floor.

Loved my stay with Clink78. Friendly and helpful staff that were super informative about what to do in London. Location was great - a 5 minute walk from Kings Cross station and about 20 mins walk away from the River Thames. The place itself is really cool. They play movies some nights. Breakfast was a good spread as well and the beds were a bit too close together but still alright. Having wifi in the common areas makes people sociable, but it would have been nice to have them in rooms too!

Second stay h ere, got a 6 bed dorm for price of 12 bed dorm. I like the location and breakfast very adequate. Would stay again.

Rooms had a weird smell and their was a lot of noise during the night. Not a bad value for the price.

• 21st Dec 2015

A good place to stay. I live in a 6-bed dorm and there is not enough space to put all the luggage. The breakfast is pretty good and can make you have a good start of the day. The hostel is near the road and in the center of London so it is really noisy at night and influence my sleep. However, I live here because it is close to Euston Station. It takes me less than 15 minutes to walk there and it is very close to King Cross Station. So if you need to catch the early train, you can live here.

Very interesting place and comfortable!

• China

The hostel itself was nice but the room I was in was very cramped and the people staying there were mostly very young and it had a party vibe. Seems like a great place for young 20s who want to party but I got very little rest and moved to a hotel my last night.

Brilliant hostel. Really cheap and friendly with loads of facilities. Colourful bar that's also used for breakfast. All very clean. Good, central location. Perfect!!

• 19th Dec 2015

The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was very appreciated. However, the lack of Wifi and power sockets in the rooms was very disappointing, I didn't like being forced into the common areas if I just wanted to relax in bed and use my electronics. The rooms are a little more than simply small, I had trouble getting up to my bed on a few occasions with other people's bags in the way. Some guests were very obnoxious and loud, there wasn't a single night I wasn't woken up by some of them.

Location is not perfect but they have proper hot water at night and good breakfast so that's definitely a plus!

The only problem I had with them is the female shower on the fourth floor. It apparently used to be just a toilet then they upgraded it into a shower room. The switch of the shower is still for the toilet so you need to push the bottom every ten or fifteen seconds to keep the water coming down. And the mix dorm on the fourth floor is just so noisy at night, so make sure you pack your earplugs ! Except that, it is perfect if you have an early morning train to catch at St.Pancras .

I asked to have the quietest room possible and found that the room I had been allocated was in the basement next to the bar and music! Oops! Well, I appreciate that I arrived late on Saturday night and the hostel was full. The fire alarm also went off at around 2:30am and there was some kind of security announcement made which was totally impossible to comprehend. I thought it sounded spanish and the next morning when I asked I was told it was english... I couldn't believe that!

• 19th Dec 2015

a few hooks on the wall to hnag clothes/towels would make all the difference Inform guests if they are staying near to the bar, as the noixe carries on long into the night, then followed by drunken conversations in the corridors afterwards - we were kept awake until 4.30 am then breakfast started at 7! it would be good to be able to open the windows - the room got extremely hot

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Wales

I only stayed here one night but I enjoyed the visit. It was a very gregarious and more active environment than many hostels, with a bar for residents only and several uniquely styled common spaces. Everything was clean and colorful and the breakfast was simple and adequate to begin the day (what more do you expect from a free breakfast) in a clean and well managed kitchen. My only minor criticism would be the lack of large in-room lockers (each bed has a small one for valuables).

Very clean hostel with very helpful staff. It's a big hostel so it almost always very busy. My favourite thing has been the old court rooms turned TV and computer room. Only a short walk to King's Cross tube.