Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

Staff exceptionally helpful. Hostel large and spacious. One of my favourite hostels ive stayed in

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Wales

Everyone was really nice. Rooms were clean! Not a far walk from the tube!

The hostel was quite dirty, the showers were absolutely horrendous to use as you had to keep pressing this button to keep the shower working, and there was nowhere to get changed before or after the shower and nowhere to leave my clothes. I had to put wet feet into my shoes and pull wet jeans on as the shower got them all wet and honestly, after the shower I felt no cleaner. Yuk. It would've been nice if the beds were already made for guests too.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Unfortunately the lift (elevator) broke down during my stay - for me it was a hardship going up and down stairs.

The dorm and facilities were very good and new and there was a nice space with desks to use laptops etc. However, it's a very large hostel so there were huge amounts of people and getting to know anyone would have been hard. There were no lockers to use (only ones you had to pay for), but the security in general was very good with a guard on the door and locks everywhere.

Generally well kept but there are a lot of long-term residents - of course you get your annoying bunkmates once in a whil but, welcome to hostel life.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Good Hostel. Only stayed for one night so it's not an entirely accurate review but I have no complaints. Clean enough toilets (small though) and I never used the shower facilities. Staff was nice and helpful. The 4 bed rooms are very small and don't have much room for luggage. Getting in and out of top bunk can be tricky.

Everything was remarkable :)

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Latvia

The atmosphere and priorities of this hostel are obviously for those in age range 16-20. Good location; close to the train station. No lockers in the rooms, precarious (at best) ladders from the bunks, toilets out of order throughout stay, "free breakfast" that consists of toast, jam and hot chocolate and no wi-fi in the room were all really disappointing. The shower curtain also sticks to your body while showering - neither comfortable nor hygienic. And the dorm door didn't lock.

• 18th Feb 2015

We stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm, and it was tiny. Literally 10 bunk beds and a small walkway at the end. No room for everyone's bags and very little circulation around the room. Other than room, it was great. Showers and toilets were clean, there was a great atmosphere in the common area/bar. Lovely and close to both underground and main train stations. Will stay there again

Our room was incredibly hot. It was very hot to sleep in and the staff wouldn't help. Beds were uncomfortable

• 16th Feb 2015

I travel to London for work usually for just one night -and stay in hostels because I'm 29 and alone and don't see the need to pay more. This one is great for low budget young travelers. Super loud. Bar downstairs. Everyone drunk. Hallways echo into the rooms. So big with so many people = Not very clean. The clerk hit on me when I arrived, but was helpful. I wouldn't stay again. Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage/YHA Holland Park are the best overall hostels in London and I've stayed in ALL of them.

• 16th Feb 2015

I was impressed. It's really big and professional, equipped with a kitchen guests can use, free breakfast, and a room (usually full) where people can use the internet (they also have one or two paid computers to use). The internet only works downstairs, which was a bit annoying but it's good because people are in the common areas more. The bar opens at 5 and they have music on the weekends, which I missed. Location is great, you can catch the 63 from Kings Cross or walk 10 mins.

• 15th Feb 2015

We were disappointed in our stay at Clink78. It felt far away from everything, not much was walking distance at all. The girl on the front desk was rude and unhelpful, plus the toilets were really gross. But good breakfast in the morning, though wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it.

The rooms are old cells! Toliets ok but showers a bit rough.... I wouldnt stay here again...

• 14th Feb 2015

Sorry but it wasn't a good experience for me. Hope you take it for your improvement. I start saying staff is very good in helping you, and this is the only thing positive I can say. It wasn't good for me that I should pay for lockers. Then this hostel is very big...it seems a big commercial center, crowded of people and long distances to get my room to reception and this lockers I needed to pay. Then atmosphere zero. My concept of hostel is a place that gets closest as possible to your home.

staff were helpful, rooms are small and basic, the room key often failed and people from my room need to open door for me. When I arrive someone was in my bed, receptionist without any problem gave me different one. Everything in the shower room got wet. Breakfast was poor.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Second time I stayed here, another good stay :)

Very friendly atmosphere, the whole experience was cool. Really cheap for central London too! Highly recommended!

• 10th Feb 2015

I am going to miss this place. It's such an awesome place to stay: people, facilities, location, all. As a Harry Potter fan going all mornings to King's Cross to take the tube was magical, and it's only 5 blocks away from the hostel! I totally recommend this hostel!