Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

After staying in a fe city hostel I was abit nervous to be staying in one again. However this is the best one I have staying! Really nice staff and best of all the place is spotless.

• 14th Jul 2015

Really friendly, kind and helpful staff, great facilities, lively bar, comfortable bed and an enjoyable experience. I loved staying at Clink78 and will stay again in the future.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

I was very shocked by the size of the dorm. There was nowhere accessible to charge my phone. As soon as I walked in to the room and saw the squalid conditions of four beds squeezed into each other, I felt like I was in a jail cell. I have stayed in other hostels in London and around the world, and I must say, I expected a lot more for my money. I will not be staying again and suggest that this feedback is heeded in order to improve the rooms and congestion.

• 12th Jul 2015

This has to be one of the best hostels in London that I have stayed in. The location was good, it's easy to find and all the staff are friendly and will help you with anything you need. The kitchen/ social area is also very big and well equipped. The general atmosphere of the hostel is great (as its a converted prison) and was great to explore! I will definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends coming to england :). We stayed in a private double room. Maybe a room fan would be good!

I was very happy to stay in Hostel Clink 78 as it served my needs very well. The Staff wee very friendly and helpful and I had a great time.

• 10th Jul 2015

This place is awesome. Good vibes and a cool building. I have no complaints except that a lot of the doors were difficult to push open (fire doors). I loved the common rooms and the free breakfast was wonderful. The showers were reliable and I never had to wait for one. Everything was always very clean. I felt safer knowing that reception was available 24 hours a day and when I had questions they were helpful and friendly. It's not the loveliest part of the city, but close to tube and amenities.

The location is good, bars and restaurants close by and a main station that can take you almost anywhere is in walking distance. It was a little crowded and tended to be pretty loud so if you're looking for a good nights rest I wouldn't recommend it. However it's a great place to meet new people. The wifi is great in the lobby and bar area but doesn't work at all in the bedrooms.

It's a good place to stay though can get a bit noisy. Still noisy after 12midnight!

• 8th Jul 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

The climAte inside is very bad. It very hot and humid. The toilets are not clean and the breakfast is too messy.

Fun time. Don't expect the staff to be super helpful though. They act like they're way too cool, which is awesome (good for them), but it doesn't really make sense to have that attitude when you're working in the hospitality industry. If you can make one of the bar tenders crack a smile or generally not look like they hate every second of being there you should get a free stay.

• 7th Jul 2015

Clink 78 has been the highlight of our trip so far. It wasn't really about the location, the staff or the rooms, which were great, it was more about the atmosphere and having the opportunity of meeting new people, every night. We didn't want to leave! But it's defiantly a place we will return to in the future.

• 7th Jul 2015

The staff are really nice and helpful, we had a lovely time staying at Clink78! Only if the Wifi signal could be stronger, that would be great.

A great place to stay in London. Wonderful atmosphere with great reception. I really enjoyed my time there. However the size of the private twin room leave something to be desired. You could barley open the door and leave if you had a bag on the ground by the bed. Even with that I would highly recommend the Clink 78!

I was pleasantly surprised with this hostel. It has mostly good facilities like the kitchen/bar; though they could do with an oven or two instead of dishwashers. The laundry machines were good as they included soap; though i had to inform about the iron. The rooms were ok, but could do with curtains maybe. The TV room was nice and interesting, but perhaps underused; certainly did not have the screen down much.. Some of the staff/guests were a bit sketchy. Alarm, 5.am? Then get's up at 8.am!

We stayed in a 12 person mixed dorm and it was so hot and smelt like someone had died in it. I think even just having a fan to more the air around would have helped Other than that I enjoyed my stay!

• 3rd Jul 2015

The dorms were fairly noisy, and if you sleep on the bottom floor, you can hear the bar music until late at night, but as far as hostel in London goes, this was probably the best deal possible. The location is great - really short walk to Kings Cross station, and the staff was nice as can be and very helpful.

It's always very loud in the kitchen, i wish there was electricity plug provided in every bunk bed so we could recharge our gadgets easily.

Showers could be cleaner, wouldn't hurt to toss in a ledge for soup, kitchen was great, need to lock first door from the lobby more often, had a great time!

The prison rooms look amazing! We stayed in an 8 bed dorm. The beds are very close together so if anyone is snoring next to you, you're screwed. The staff are very helpful though. The TV room doesn't have TV, which is a bit of a lie. We missed the 2nd half of the Women's World Cup match vs Japan after the bar closed & it would've been nice to watch it in the TV room. Not bad though!

Too many people, it's not a YH, it' s a factory! Aged average very young. The security staff is insupportable