Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

The prison rooms look amazing! We stayed in an 8 bed dorm. The beds are very close together so if anyone is snoring next to you, you're screwed. The staff are very helpful though. The TV room doesn't have TV, which is a bit of a lie. We missed the 2nd half of the Women's World Cup match vs Japan after the bar closed & it would've been nice to watch it in the TV room. Not bad though!

Too many people, it's not a YH, it' s a factory! Aged average very young. The security staff is insupportable

The bathrooms were not nice at all and were very dirty. Some of the doors didn't lock. The room was quite small and was very hot in the room. The staff did not seem interested in helping and were not very friendly.

• 30th Jun 2015

Extremely crowded rooms. No room for bags or even to turn around. Couldn't even get a seat to have some breakfast.

• 29th Jun 2015

The room are so hot you can't sleep! They stuff up our booking so we had to book other place. They don't clean the rooms, has we had people leaving why I was these towels still on the floor and food on the floor under there bed. The staff always rude. I WILL NEVER BE GOING BACK.

Room was like sleeping in an oven, impressive how they managed to turn a bed into a box so they could fit more beds in the smallest room ever! Standard issue overly corporate hostel, only really interested in maximizing profits, nothing wrong with that but it sure could be done in a better way. Bit sad... it's a cool location and building.

Rooms are great really neat and clean, atmosphere was good but I've experienced much better, however is the best hostel in London I'd say

The room was too small to not have better bag storage/locking options. While the above bed locking area was excellent to have, bags were all over the room which caused minimal space. I understand there was storage available, but it was limited. The shower was terrible and the bar was so loud, we couldn't even have a conversation while inside it.

• 26th Jun 2015

Really liked that every bed had its own lockable little cubby as well as a reading light. I hated how the wifi didn't work in the rooms though, just in common areas. Overall, good hostel though.

Good location, friendly staff. Small rooms that lack very much free space but beds are comfy and private. Would stay again.

I have stayed at Clink on two other occasions the first time I stayed in one of there cell private rooms. That was a mistake, room cannot handle 2 people and bags. The second time I stayed in a large dorm room and it was good. But on my latest trip I was in a ten 10 bed dorm in the basement with very poor ventilation (so it smells) and the room is clearly too small to jam in 10 beds. The bunk I was in was in between two others, so I couldn't walk down the sides, no shelves or racks for bags.

I would have to say staying at Clink was one of my least favourite hostel experiences. The rooms were so small we had to sleep with our bags on our beds, there weren't enough plugs in the room for everyone to charge their electronics and the bunk beds were awful to climb up/sleep in.

We only stayed for one night with friends who wanted to see the main sights. It was tucked away from the main sights which was surprising for its cost. Overall very quiet and accommodating.

Good points: -The kitchen is large and clean, with great facilities -The bathrooms were clean and I never had to wait for a shower -The breakfast is basic but good Bad points: -There were not enough plug sockets in the rooms for each person to have one -The room had no ventilation and it was hot and stuffy at night -WiFi does not reach the rooms (although it is reliable in the basement and the computer room) -The elevator was broken -The showers were on an annoying 15sec timer

• 20th Jun 2015

Pros: Nice location and staff. Good common area with a nice bar and free breakfast was great. Cons: Dorm was a bit hot and noisy (front first floor by the street) and beds could have a bit of space in between. Overall is a nice hostel that I`d recommend.

• 19th Jun 2015

The hostel is very funny and cool. The staff there are pretty warm and friendly. But it is really noisy in the night and the room is narrow.

Rooms were stinking hot! Very cramped and with limited fresh air. Wifi did not work in rooms! Although staff were great the services and value for money was very disappointing. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

Was soooo unclean!!! my bed was covered in crumbs from the moment I arrived. Would not recommend, was in a dorm and the staff kept coming in the room and turning the light on 3/4/5am having lengthy conversations with people trying to find them a bed. Poor organisation, very unclean

• 18th Jun 2015

Great apart from our Private room was next to the 'clash bar' which played horrendous music until 1 and after having busy sightseeing days I could've really of done without !! It was like sleeping in the toilets in a naff club. Really awful taste in music and was the only down side to a great stay here

Overall it was a good time. The staff was hard to judge as a whole because some were rather friendly and helping while others not quite rude but not friendly.