Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

Very nice hostel for maybe a younger crowd. Being less interested by the party life, I would have preferred a cozier and quieter, less crowded place. Nevertheless, a nice stay and great facilities.

Very fun and energetic place to be!

• 15th Jun 2014

A great vibe and a good place to be

Nice place to stay in London - one of the better hostels. Great kitchen and court room relax area. Also they allow you to keep your bags in storage for the whole day and into the evening if you need to / convenient if you have a night flight.

Great hostel! The location was close to King's Cross Station, which was convenient. The rooms were nice and comfortable and the travel shop on-site made it easy to organise tours and other activities. The range of facilities was also excellent.

A good hostel

• 12th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

It's summer and the rooms were stinking hot - literally. We had tiny window to let in fresh air in a room of 10 girls. The room only had 4 power points for 10 girls trying to charge their phones. The showers were tiny and had nowhere for you to place your clean and dry clothes to get changed into after your shower plus you had to constantly press a button to keep the water flowing and you couldn't change the temperature. On the positive side - there was free wifi and a decent enough breakfast.

Had an awesome time at Clink. The front desk was awesome and very helpful to find some good food/sights around the city. We had pretty good beds and roommates with decent privacy. The bar downstairs was really fun on the beer pong night (wednesday). We met some good buddies who were actually traveling around Europe doing roughly the same trip as us.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

There seems to be a conflict of interest in running a bar well not the wee small hours when the prime business is providing a venue for sleeping.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Most of the staff ok. Bar was lovely. Had an 8 bed room which was tiny, would have been a cosy one bed room in a travelodge, well laid out but basically only beds squashed together. Because room was very crowded, it overheated at night despite all windows open, hot evening anyway but struggled to sleep at all. Everything very clean, however toilet shared between 5 or so rooms and usually had a queue. Breakfast amazing. Overall, I would recommend, but maybe not in summer!

Staffs are helpful and friendly

The toilet and bathroom were very dirty and didn't clean frequently. There was bad smell in the bathroom. Also, there was not enough space to put things in bathroom. Besides, 2 of 3 bathrooms didn't have hot water.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

The hostel was very nice. After switching from the Camden in I am very happy with my choice to switch hostels. They create a great environment to meet people with their bar located in the basement. The lack of wifi in the rooms was annoying and their breakfast was not anything special. However based on the amount I paid I would stay here again. It's a little pricey for the more expensive busy nights.

좋은데....위치도좋구ㅋㅋ딱다좋은데ㅋㅋ아침에 왜 엘리베이터작동안하는거에요.....캐리어들고 6층에서 내려오느라 채할뻔했어요......

Staff was awesome helped me plan my stay. Lockers in each bed great but not big enough for laptop. Cost 4.5 pounds to do a load of wash! And they don't sell laundry detergent. The girls section of the building had very little air flow. I never used my covers because I was too hot. Windows do not open all the way to allow air in. Very uncomfortable at night could only sleep 6 hours and they weren't a nice 6 hours. That takes a toll after 4 nights and 5 busy days. Toilet frequently had no paper.

• 8th Jun 2014

Hello and thank you for your review as well as for the nice words about our staff. We have extra lockers (bigger ones) in our common areas. Guests pay £4.50 for to do their laundry - detergent and fabric softener comes with it, you don't need to add anything extra :) Sorry that you found your room too hot - reception staff can place a fan in the room for you to keep the air moving. We hope these little thing didn't ruin your experience and we will see you again at Clink78, enjoy your trips!

Very helpful and friendly staff. Excellent amenities and kept very clean. Only criticism is that beds are tightly compacted in rooms.

Thank you for your time leaving us a review! We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Clink78, found the staff helpful and the amenities clean. Hopefully size of the room won't stop you from staying here again - try one of our private rooms next time you'll find more personal space there :) Safe trips!

Check-in time is a little unclear because with booking we have to declare time of intended arrival- I chose 1:00 when I wasn't able to get into my room until after 3:00... Luckily the male staff member went above and beyond to secure my baggage (after my repeated visits in attempts using the machine and floor lockers). I had piece of mind, and was able to set-off on my adventure within 20 minutes of arriving!

• 7th Jun 2014

Huge hostel and really well managed by a great team of staff, awesome atmosphere with internal bar, lots of common spaces and clean rooms. Dorms feel a little bit like Japanese capsule hotels, which is ok for a night but might make you go a little crazy after a few. Starting point for group tours so you'll meet a lot of chatty and excited travellers.

Thank you for the amazing rating and insightful review. We are excited to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Clink78 even though you found the dorms on a small side:) We wish you pleasant journeys and hope to see you again soon!

Good breakfast. Decent lounge area with plenty of power points. Decent amount of (paid) lockers on the ground floor, but none in the room unfortunately. The shower in the 4-bed dorm was the smallest I've ever used, pretty much like what you would imagine would be on a plane. The non-smoking sign on the steps out the front was ignored, so the whole lobby area smelt like cigarettes.

Location was very close to King's Cross, one of London's major transportation hubs. I was slightly concerned about the security in the bag storage room, since there were not individual lockers and the room could be accessed by anyone with a key card. Staff were friendly and helpful. I rated facilities as "poor" because the beds are VERY close together-- as in, there is no space between them. A thin partition on half of the bed is all that separates you from a snoring stranger :P

Thank you for your time leaving us such an insightful review :) You are right - luggage room is shared so you shouldn't leave any valuables there, we have lockers in "The Dock" where you can lock your valuables for a small fee or simply ask reception team - they can keep your laptop or camera behind the desk. We hope that "snoring strangers" didn't spoil your stay at Clink78 and we will see you here again :) Safe travels!