Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

I really liked staying here and will no doubt stay again

Hi, Thank you for the excellent ratings. We're glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We're looking forward to welcome you back. Younis

Some disturbances on my last night, in the corridor and then in the dorm, made it difficult to get a good night's sleep

• 9th Jul 2014

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you didn't get a decent night sleep because of inconsiderate room mates; our reception is open 24/7 for this sort of problems though. Next time feel free to let us know and we will take care of the trouble makers so everybody can sleep tight :) We hope to see you again shall you return to London! Safe travels

Very helpful staff. Nice breakfast set up. Thanks for being there.

Hello! Many thanks for your great review! We are delighted you had a good stay with us and found the staff helpful! We hope you will return to see us on your next trip! See you soon

Great hostel to meet people and party, amazing staff that are all very helpful and friendly, showers weren't amazing but when you're backpacking any shower is a good one. Free breakfast too :)

Hello there, thank you for your time leaving us such a nice review :) We hope to see your lovely face here again. Safe trips!

The wifi kept kicking me out and log back in while using it. Other than that it was a great hostel. Good breakfast selections. They are about to undergo some renos of the bathrooms, so thats a plus.

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time and leaving your great feedback with us! We are very happy to hear you had a good stay with us and enjoyed the free breakfast! The WiFi get a little slower when many people are connecting to the same hot spot; the best thing is to change your location as WiFi works in all common areas :) We hope to see you again in here shall you return to London! Safe Travels!

Great hostel I had no problems at all, had a great night at the bar downstairs and the staff are great!

Hello, Thank you for your awesome review! We are happy if you are happy ;) Hope to see you again, safe travels.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, lots of facilities, well laid out plus being in a really interesting building. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Club/bar in basement really fun, good music and vibe. Breakfast room nice and big and good choices, all included in price too.

Thank you for the review and amazing rating! We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay at Clink78 and hope to see you again. Cheers!

#Location #Atmosphere Excellent

Hey there, thank you for your time rating the hostel and leaving some nice words here:) Hope to see you again staying with us, have safe trips!

Fine for one maybe two nights! Buuttt felt incredibly safe as a single female traveller which is worth more than anything

Hello there! Thank you for your very positive feedback! We are happy to hear you had a great stay and most importantly felt safe with us :) We hope to see you again shall you return to London! Safe travels

I wanted to experience a hostel and was impressed with everything I saw. It was a jolly up-beat place and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I loved the building! The bar was busy + reasonably priced. The staff were most helpful. I arrived after 10pm + the room was in darkness with the other 3 occupants fast asleep - one in my allocated lower bunk so I didn't have a very comfortable night. I had assumed I'd be the one going to bed first (I'm 59!) not 20 yr olds.

• 1st Jul 2014

Hello there! Thank you for giving us your great feedback and rating :) We are happy to hear that you had a good stay with us and got impressed by the hostel ans its atmosphere! Our staff is also happy that you found us helpful! We are also there for the sort of issue you experiences though; if somebody is in your bed we are happy to change your room or just wake the person up for a swap! We hope to see you again!

It's a good party hostel. The rooms are pretty tight. Takes about 10 minutes to walk there from the nearest tube station.

Thank you for your time leaving the review and giving us the rating :) Clink78 is a busy hostel with a lively bar but it doesn't mean that it's only for the "party people" - there's little of everything for any kind of taste. We hope the walk from King's Cross station wasn't too long and you still had lots of energy to explore and enjoy London. Hope to see you again, safe travels!

The Clink78 was great! =) pretty cool how it used to be a court house/Jail the location, staff, atmosphere are really good I recon I would defently stay here again plus theres a pretty cool bar underneath the building =)

Good day fellow traveler! Thank you for leaving the review, we are delighted to hear that you have had a nice stay at Clink78 - one of the most original hostels in UK ;) Our door is open for you! See you next time, safe trips :)

Extremely dirty rooms. Not asnpictured in the website. I rather fo to 261.

Thank you for the rating and the review. We are sorry to hear that you found your room to be dirty, we would appreciate if you could contact us at info78@clinkhostels.co.uk with more details. Still happy to hear that you like Clink261:) I'm sure our colleagues over there will be thrilled to have you back. Safe trips!

Lockers above the beds were too small, my bed light didn't work. 10 min walk to the Tube, to go anywhere you had to catch it. Prob better staying slightly out of the city and paying less for accommodation, possibly getting more space in your room, and just catch the tube everywhere anyway. The 6xbed dorm in the basement was loud from the bar and so tiny - no room to stand around. I guess typical for London. Facilities were clean, good for catching Top Deck tours.

Hi there! Thanks for your comments and rating! We are happy you liked the facilities and found the location convenient :) We have a 24/7 reception for problems such as bed light not working or to change your room for a bigger one! We also have bigger lockers available all around the hostel :) Just come to see us again and we will show it all to you! Safe travels :) Anna

The location was great! Everything else though not so much. The staff seemed very indifferent to those in the hostel. The luggage room was an absolute nightmare and it was every man for himself! I did not feel good leaving my bag there at all. The bar played music at an unnecessary volume to the point where I had to leave to make myself heard. The bartenders were extremely rude as well! The rooms were average. There were very few bathrooms and showers compared to the numbers of people.

Double decked beds are placed next to each other, no space left in the room. The dorm is really tiny, you can only put your luggage or backpack under the bed, however, its really dirty. There was only two electric plugs for a 12-ppl dorm, you can find electricity supply in the kitchen, yet half of them are not usable. moreover, you cannot connect WIFI inside the dorm. If you look for a place for sleep only, the price is too high for you. However, the kitchen and bathroom are really clean.

Staff were friendly. Was reasonably close to transport. Rooms were very stuffy and hard to sleep. Facilities were ordinary. Wouldn't recommend staying here

Hello! Thank you for your review! We are glad you found the location suitable and the staff friendly. As for the rooms they get a little hot in summer time but we provide fans on reception, next time just come to see us and we can change your room as well :) We have a great and fit kitchen, a TV room to chill out and computer room with free WiFi in all facilities, even in our amazing bar! Come back to see us I'm sure you will enjoy it all! Safe travels!

Ridiculously disorganised staff. Put people in the wrong beds, caused lots of confusion and came in waking everyone up and turning the lights on at about 4am 3 times to try and sort things out, but usually just making things worse..

• 25th Jun 2014

Definitely a good place to stay if you're looking to party with the people at the hostel. The downside to that is it stays pretty loud late into the night, but it wasn't too much of an issue. The showers weren't the greatest but they weren't anything to complain about either. Breakfast was good, not much but it was free so no complaints here. Overall, good atmosphere and decent facilities.

Hi there! Many thanks for taking your time and rating the hostel, we are glad for your positive feedback and that you had a nice stay with us! If the rooms are too loud because of the music in the bar, we have a 24/7 reception to look into a solution together :) Come to see us on your next visit! Safe trips!

It's nice reception services, and includes breakfast is excellent, but the the room is too crowded and noisy when sharing with 10 girls then.

Hello! Thank you for your review and nice rating! We are happy you found the staff helpful and nice, and that you liked the breakfast! As for sharing with girls, we provide free earplugs to help people having a good night of sleep :) We hope to see you again! Safe travels!