Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

Wether you ave a nice stay here or not depends on how lucky you are with your dorm mates. Not all of them will know the concept of common sense ;) Toilets and common areas were clean and plentiful. I never had to queue for a shower or toilet. This place has very good potential. I stayed in a 12 bed deluxe female dorm. Beds are a bit hard, and if you are very claustrophobic I don't recommend it. It is good value for money though. The clientel is very young.

Clean, nice common rooms - Wifi doesn't work in the rooms, Additional light on the bed never works

Everything was charged for, and the rooms were cramped. The hostel is pretty much a maze too. And loud music played from the bar all night, so goodlike falling asleep for that early start. The only redeeming factor was its location, being close to King's Cross.

Not my favorite place. The beds reeked of BO and the staff were more interested in chatting with friends than helping me out. Was told to arrive at 12 but when I got there they told me to come back at 2. Then when I got my bed assignment the bed was already taken by someone else. About a 10 minute walk from Kings Cross Underground station so not the best location either. Met some cool people there though. Wouldn't go back.

• 6th Apr 2015

The hostel atmosphere was amazing but there wasn't even room to walk within the room.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • India

Love this place!! Worth it!!!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Ecuador

The whole place is a bit too big to be really homey, especially at breakfast there's just too many people in the same room. Two toiletsand showers for twenty people is tight, particularly in the mornings and neither look very wellcoming. Another issue is that the WiFi does not work in the rooms (at least not in the basement rooms). On the plus side: Breakfast is good and plenty, good kitchen. Top location and the court room is really cool.

We reserved for a private room in this hostel and from that reservation we had a pretty good experience. The room was small but manageable. The bathrooms were clean and so were the showers. There wasn't much noise either. The only downsides were at times our room cards wouldn't work, the elevators weren't working so I had to bring both mine and my aunts luggage up some grueling stairs, and wifi only works in public areas. Other than that, everything was okay! Staff were nice and helpful too.

• 31st Mar 2015

I had a minor issue of the cleaning staff removing my things out of my room. The rest of the room was a check out a honest mistake. They had everything except my towel. They replaced and were very cooperative. I would totally stay here again.

The staff are really helpful and friendly, free breakfast is nice, but the dorms were quite claustrophobic, eapecially the ones on the bottom floor where you can also hear the bar music's bass at night.

• 28th Mar 2015

The bar was amazing, with wonderful bar team. The best ones were surely the French girl Cynthia and the spanish bar manager Juanjo who were very nice, professional, smiling: a great customer service, I felt like home. Unlikely, I can't say thesame for the reception team. Some were very professional but one of them(Mark, foreigner) was very rude, with a very poor customer service,I'm French and can speak english fluently but when I spell my name he didn't get it and say I wasn't talking english.

Very good Hostel, will come back next time Im in London

Great place, very modern and well laid out. Really close to Kings Cross. Bar, laundry facilities, plenty of space. The room was a *bit* small, I kicked the guy in the next bunkbed in my sleep. The breakfast consisted of toast, cereal, and tea; not much to go on when traveling. Other than that this place was great, highly recommend.

I was not a fan. The staff was fine, not what I would call friendly, the place was huge and crowded (to be fair, it was just not my style). When they advertise "lockers" these are rickety half-broken metal bins on a different floor than you are staying on, which are often all full and did not seem very secure at that. Also for security, I was in a four-girl room, but immediately outside the door were men (also staying at hostel) talking ALL NIGHT, loudly, about raping women. Loud, and not secure

• 26th Mar 2015

Really great vibe, fun bar to meet people at and friendly staff

• 26th Mar 2015

If you are going to stay here choose a 12 person mixed dorm. The 10 person dorm was extremely small and packed like sardines. 12 person dorm was so much bigger and more room. Also the rooms don't have anywhere to lock your stuff except this really small locker only good for your phone , small items, etc.

overall a fun experience, very cool building. however the room and facilities were very tiny and very expensive.

I only stayed for one night arriving late and leaving early. Great location close to the train station. The room stunk!! Too many people in a small space the room was in desperate need of being aired out. The bunks were noisy too.

There is almost no space for luggage, but if one doesn't plan to stay there too long, it may be ok. I had one unpleasant experience - somebody stole my food from the fridge, but - of course - it's not a fault of hostel stuff. It's probably because this hostel is quite big and accidents like that are more probable to happen. But except of that I'm totally satisfied with my stay there.

Lovely beds, boiling hot showers and free breakfast (a very good one!!) and beside kings Cross. Only thing is I wouldn't really recommend it for solo travellers as it can be hard to meet people!