Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

Great apart from our Private room was next to the 'clash bar' which played horrendous music until 1 and after having busy sightseeing days I could've really of done without !! It was like sleeping in the toilets in a naff club. Really awful taste in music and was the only down side to a great stay here

Overall it was a good time. The staff was hard to judge as a whole because some were rather friendly and helping while others not quite rude but not friendly.

Myself and my friend stayed here for 5 nights, the staff are helpful and friendly. The location is good, not to far from Euston. This hostel for me could be awesome however as a backpacker staying here I was very disappointed with the amount of young people staying here on school trips. I like to meet other travelers when staying in hostels. For a backpacker I wouldn't recommend staying here.

Hi there Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here, found the staff helpful and friendly and made use of our very convenient location. Unfortunately we do sometimes take bookings to for school trips. I am sorry if they disrupted the atmosphere for you. We wish you many more happy travels, Jacqui

The room is too small and 4 beds are packed tgt which make the room very crowded and tight

Really helpful staff, cool concepts and prison rooms! Bar was fun

• 14th Jun 2015

Hi there :) Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, found the staff helpful, liked the concept of the building and the prison rooms and had time to go soak up the vibe in the bar, We wish you many more happy travels, Jacqui

I have never seen 8 beds shoved into such a small space. I've had more space in 12 bed dorms. All the beds are put right next to each other in a row - absolutely no space between the beds. Then there is only a .5 by 2 meter space without beds. My room was right by the bar, which was EXTREMELY loud and kept me up late at night. I enjoy partying, but when I want to go to sleep, I enjoy sleeping. No lockers in the room, either. You have to pay for some downstairs even if you bring a lock.

Hi there Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate your feedback. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay however reception in open 24 hours and we urge you if you any have any troubles to come up and see us. We would have been more than happy to move you to a different room away from the bar. Also the free lockers downstairs you do not have to pay for, you just need to pop your own padlock on them. We wish you many more happy travels. Jacqui

Poor wifi in rooms but kitchen was large and good for socialising. Brilliant free breakfast provided.

I didn't like how there was no wifi in the rooms and no lockers to put bags in. There also weren't enough lockers to place valuables in, they always all seemed to be taken. I also didn't like how the bunks were so cramped together. The showers were far too hot (couldn't adjust the temperature) and the water sprayed everywhere, going all over anything you hung on the back of a door.

• 12th Jun 2015

The bathrooms were surprisingly well cleaned. There was locker space provided for your small valuables (bring a padlock!) but larger space for bags was downstairs, and was £3 for 24 hours. Not exorbitant, but still something to consider! The first night I was there, the light was on for most of the night and at about 4:00 AM, some guys came in and were talking, laughing at full volume, and smoking. Bring a sleeping mask, ear plugs, and a (reasonably) open attitude..

It was a nice stay there. Nice facilities and common areas! But there is no wifi connection in the room. It's super inconvenient.

Close to kings cross so it's easy to get places, but it's quite hard to meet people. The bar is always crowded and rowdy, and in big spaces like that, it's hard for solo travelers to socialize. A lot of groups pass through this hostel as well. Bc they have their own bar, you can't bring alcohol into the hostel and they don't have a pub crawl, which is always a good way to see the city and meet other travelers. Facilities were good, and the hostel is good as well, just a tad impersonal.

Atmosphere was lacking. A lot of screaming teenagers around which isn't what I expected from a hostel with a bar. The room itself was extremely cramped. Feasibly, only one person could stand in the room at a time. Bit disappointing all around but the breakfast was a good effort.

Good location near King's Cross. No lockers in the room. Breakfast was simple (toast, cereal) but good. The bar and common areas were great, nice atmosphere! Also the kitchen was very clean! It was quiet in our room. The room was VERY small, but they have dividers between beds so you get your privacy.

security was over the top when we came back in early hours of the morning not letting us bring anyone back to our private room but overall was very good value for money. also would be good if the bar would of stayed open later than 2am

• 6th Jun 2015

This was my favorite hostel during my trip to Europe. There was a great social atmosphere with multiple places to hang out. I liked the style of the dorm beds because they each had privacy. The staff was very energetic. The breakfast in the morning was great.

I had a room close to the bar which was very annoying!

Hi there Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate your feedback. I am so sorry that you were disturbed by the bar, if you managed to pop back up to reception we would have been more than happy to change your room to another floor, or at least give you some ear plugs if we were unable to. We wish you many more happy travels, Jacqui

These guys were amazing! On top of having amazing facilities, their staff were absolutely amazing! I got quite sick while staying with them and Aziz called every walk in clinic around to find a low price, he called a cab for me and called my insurance :) I felt so well looked after :) way to go Clink 78 !!! Keep putting your customers first!

This was my first stay in a hostel. I guess I am just disappointed because my expectations from the pictures were so high. But maybe this is just because I am new to hostelling. Maybe this is the norm. However, I just checked into my hostel in Amsterdam and am blown away by how much better it is. Next time I go to Lodo. I will look for a different hostel or a hotel.

Very nice stay. Friendly staff, clean bathrooms. Overall very happy.

Hello, thank you for your time leaving us a review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay at Clink78 and hope to see you again soon. Cheers! Indra

Good location to catch early trains. Excellent alternative to larger trains