Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

Not a good impression from the very beginning. The guy who checked us in was not kind at all with us, very mechanic in the way to treat guests. Our room was literally a match box, we were two in a room meant for 3 and felt all packed in!. Not good value for the money at all. No bed sheets changing nor towels. Noise in the corridors was a nuance every night, especially from teenagers at 3 or 4 am. Not recommendable.

Rooms kind of basic and lockers were tiny (not enough for a laptop for example... maybe this was for a reason?). No personal power sockets either, which made security a bigger issue. Good location.

My stay was fine, but not thanks to some of the staff. When I tried to warn them that the beds they assigned to people (and you're supposed to stick to it) were already taken (happened to me and someone else in the dorm to come back at night and find someone sleeping in our bed), they answered really coldly and asked me why I was making a fuss if I had somewhere to sleep, when I was just trying to help them organise better. Also drunk people shouting and fighting at night. Good facilities though

Would like to register the bad behave of a front desk guy. Don't know his name, but he's a rasta man and was so rude to us. No patience, no explantions about how the hostel works. Just asked for payment. It seems that he also doesn't have good relation with his coworkers because a very polite lady who was there semmed to avoid communicating with him.

Hostel was fine if just looking for bed. Rooms were very cramped, bathrooms were terrible and down the hall, not many charging points in the rooms either. Security is horrible one of bags was stolen from the luggage room.

The hostel is really good. The location is also excellent. However, there were lots of young students during my stay there.

Hello! Thanks for your feedback, its really important to us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Jorge (Night Receptionist)

I enjoyed my stay here, and mostly it was good. Some observations: - There are not lockers in the rooms - There's good wifi in the common areas but none in the bedrooms - The atmosphere was good for a UK hostel - Nice to have the free breakfast every morning but then the staff throw you out just after 10am so that they can clean the whole area for 2 and a half hours...

Had a great stay! Very kind and helpful staff. Good breakfast for the price you Pay. Would defiantly recomed this hostel to others, and would definaly come back and stay my self.

Hello! Thanks for your review and I hope you really enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon! Best regards, Jorge (Night Receptionist)

Staff is super friendly and helpful! Bar is great, kitchen also. Very cool hostel!

Very pleasant experience!Thanks!

• 4th Oct 2015
  • China

Hello! Thank you for your feedback, it is very important for us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope we can host you here again soon! Best regards, Jorge (Night Receptionist)

Good location Within 15 to kings Cross Good breakfast with toast, coffee, juice and cereal

Hello ! Thanks for staying with us, we hope to host you back here soon! Best regards, Jorge (Night Receptionist)

The place is well located, clean and safe. I had an awesome say there and will definitely come back!

• 3rd Oct 2015

Hi there :) Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am so glad that you had a good stay with us! We are very lucky to have such a convenient location to explore London. Our fantastic housekeeping team that is hard at work 24 hours to keep everything squeaky clean. We wish you many more happy travels, Jax

The showers are amazing; they had even better water pressure than I have in my house. Everything was very clean, and the free breakfast every morning was nice. My only grievances are that some of the staff were a bit rude, the dining room was really more of an extension of the bar (read, very loud), the Wi-Fi only worked in a few areas, and getting down from the top bunk is terrifying and requires gymnast-like flexibility and strength. Also, no outside alcohol allowed. That really sucked.

Pros: good location that was easy to find (10 min walk from kingcross/St pancreas station). Rooms were clean. Free breakfast. Con: it was loud. The water to shower worked in for about 30 seconds. The Internet wifi doesn't work in the room only in the common area.

Hi there :) Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am so glad that you found the location convenient and close to Kings Cross. Our lovely housekeeping team is hard at work 24 hours to keep everything squeaky clean. We also have a fantastic reception who are also on hand 24 hours where you can grab some free ear plugs if it is a bit noisy at night. You will be happy to know we are currently in the process of installing free wifi into all the rooms. Happy travels! Jax

Awesome hostel! Great places to chill and relax and drink. Everyone is friend and up for a chat and a good time

Hey There! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad that you had a good time while you were staying with us and that you had the time to chill and soak up the vibes of our common areas. We hope to see you again soon, Jax

Very very noisy in the night. i am quite a good sleeper generally but the people shouting kept me awake.

• 29th Sep 2015

Hi there :) Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry that you didn't sleep well during your stay here, our lovely reception staff are on hand 24 hours and are ready to help in any way we can. If you had popped down to reception we could have sent security up to warn the other guests to keep quiet, moved you to a different room or given you some free ear plugs. Happy Travels! Jax

Good location, super friendly and helpful staff and great social areas. Toilets were clean, showers were blegh =/ Wifi didnt work in bedrooms. Found it was really noisy (the sound travels up the hallways, under your door and punches you right in the ear).

After my walk from Kings Cross to the hostel, I asked the front desk if they would please ring a cab as I had somewhere to be that was time-sensitive. The area I had walked through (Euston turning into Pentonville) was rough to say the least, and as a young female traveling alone I did not feel safe walking through said area again. When I asked, a member of staff asked where I was going, and I replied to Kings Cross. She made a nasty face at my answer as though my request was absurd. Rude!

• 26th Sep 2015

It was a great hostel, the only problem we had was that our cancelling wasn't safed and we had to pay for 4 instead of 2 peopeople.

• 26th Sep 2015

Hi there :) Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us :) Since HostelWorld is a 3rd party booking site, any changes to the original reservation must be done directly with us as it states in our terms & conditions. We wish you many more happy travels, Jax

I was staying in the basement and I could hear the loud music from the bar till late hours.

• 26th Sep 2015

Hi there :) Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am so sorry that you were disturbed by the bar, we have a lovely reception staff available 24 hours and if you had come up to see us we would have been more than happy to change you to a different room. We wish you many more happy travels, Jax