Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

This place is one of the best hostels I've have been to....the bar is cheap and has a really good atmosphere at night. For the price you are paying it's just amazing! Definitely going back there if I go to London again!

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Hi. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a positive review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you again! All the best - Jacqui

After reading many comments on this hostel the majority good, and never having stayed in a hostel before (total newbies) we were not only pleasantly surprised but it far exceeded our expectations !! :) we could not fault it one bit !! £25 for a private clean ultra modern room in central London with FREE more than expected breakfast, we started to question why we paid extortionate prices in hotels for so long ?? will deffo be staying again when next down ppl need to stop being so picky !!

• 1st Feb 2015

Hello. Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are so happy that we exceeded your expectations and we hope to see you again soon! All the best - Jacqui

Was a decent stay, ended up extending a day :) clash bar is pretty good, the dock room has great wifi, the location is pretty good and the staff were friendly :) Not too sure about old sleazy men who were making girls uncomfortable being allowed to stay in the hostel but hey it's their rules. thanks for the stay :)

Hi. Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. We take our guests safety very seriously and if anyone is uncomfortable with another guest or being harassed please come let us know at reception. We will either give them a warning or blacklist them if it is a recurring problem. We hope to see you again soon. All the best - Jacqui

Very clean cool updated hostel, I felt very safe staying here... The staff were so friendly and really helped me and so were the people in my room :) the cooking facilities were great, along with the bar! :) only thing for improve I would say is the room was very cold at night and the mattress was very hard. Overall, I would definitely go back and stay again, best hostel I've stayed at so far! :)

• 31st Jan 2015

Hi. Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed the kitchen and we pride ourselves on the friendliness of our staff. Next time if the room is cold or you have any other troubles please come down to reception and let us know. There is a solution to every problem :) All the best - Jacqui

The staff were very friendly and helpful, facilities were very clean, and location is fantastic. I was in a girl's dorm and it was crowded but comfortable (recommend the bottom bunk). The place itself is cool, though there isn't a central place to hang out so people weren't so social and everyone seemed to be on their electronics. The free walking tour was strange bc the hostel guide didn't talk to us at all and passed us on to another guide who was actually very good. Went longer than expected.

• 29th Jan 2015

Hi :) Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have quite a few common areas for our guests to enjoy: the movie room and computer room are generally quieter but the bar and kitchen are very social with plenty of space to sit down, have a chat and make some friends. We hope to see you again soon! All the best - Jacqui

I wouldn't consider my standards incredibly high, but I did not like my stay at 78 Clink. The room had a window that wouldn't close and it's winter, so the room was both cold and loud from the traffic on the street. There was 12 beds in a room that should've had no more than 8 so there was no place to put anything. The showers didn't have knobs, but a timed button, so you have to push it every 15 seconds to continue taking a shower. It felt like all they cared about was my money.

• 29th Jan 2015

Hi. Thank you for your feedback, we are always striving to improve Clink78 so we love to know how we can improve. We keep the windows open so that the rooms don't get damp or smelly however we can close them for you. Next time just pop down to reception and we will come close them for you. All the best - Jacqui

I thought the hostel was great i don't usually stay in hostels but 10 minute walk not even that from king cross its a bargain. My only downside of this hostel is that the lift didn't work i suffer from vertigo so i can't get to the second floor and the staff put me on top floor, but they upgraded my room for free. The staff were really lovely/friendly, room was ace for the price. I would go back if i went to London again.

• 17th Jan 2015

Hi there, thank you for your time leaving us a review. We are happy to hear you had a pleasant stay at Clink78, our staff is always ready to help and solve any issues you might have during your visit :) Hope to see you again soon, have safe trips!

Great place to stay and meet new friends

Hi and thank you for your nice review. Clink78 is a busy backpackers hostel with buzzing bar - you can always find someone to chat to and make new friends :) Hope to see you again soon, have safe trips!

I had a great time here but not having WiFi in the rooms was a real inconvenience and the 8 person rooms were way too small, there was not enough room for the suitcases. But overall it was good and there was a great atmosphere

Needed wifi in the rooms !!!!!

• 12th Jan 2015

Hello, thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We are currently looking into getting wi-fi in the rooms so hopefully we will have some good news in the near future :) Safe trips.

Very squishy rooms and unisex bathrooms on my floor. Good breakfast.

Hello, thank you for your time leaving us a review. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our free breakfast! The rooms are on the smaller side but we have great common areas where you can chill ;) Hope to see you again soon, safe trips!

The staff was really nice and although we had booked two beds in an 8 bed dorm we got a private room. Lucky girls :) The location near King's Cross Station was really good for us. The only thing we did not like so much were the toilets and showers.

Hello, thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your free upgrade! It's always nice to get great news upon you arrival, isn't it? :) Hope to see you again soon! Safe travels.

The only issue I had was with the rooms. They were cold and a little damp. Otherwise, it's a nice place

Hi there, thank you for your time leaving us a review. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Clink78. Our reception is open 24/7, please don't be shy and ask for a room change next time, we are always willing to help! :) Safe trips!

No big lockers for backpacks on the rooms, the heater did not work properly and the window was partly broken, apart from that I had a good stay

Hello there, thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Clink78. Sorry that you had to cope with some maintenance issues, hope you have reported it to the front desk. Hope to see you again soon, safe travels! .Indra.

Female dorm of 8. You had your beds allocated for you. Each bed has a small security box where you can keep a few items/papers (bring a lock). Shower and toilets were clean. Overall nothing special. SImple.

Hello, thank you for your time leaving us a review! We're glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. Hope to see you again soon, cheers! .Indra.

They were so nice to us! We were supposed to be in a room with 8 people but they weren't very busy so they upgraded us to a 4 person dorm. :) Location was great! Easy to get on the underground and bus. Only complaint. No WiFi in rooms. You have to go to the main lobby to use it.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Hello there, thank you so much for your nice review! Happy to hear that you have enjoyed you free upgrade. We are currently looking into getting the wi-fi to work in the rooms, we'll be back with the good news in the near future, stay tuned! Hope to see you again. Indra.

My first experience of hostelling in London, and I was very impressed with the facilities, value for money and friendly staff at Clink 78. I hope to come back and visit in the future!

• 1st Jan 2015

Hi there, thank you so much for your nice review. Clink78 is proud to be your first hostel in London, we are even more proud of the fact that the stay didn't let you down :) Really hope to see you again soon, cheers! Indra.

Very dirty in room and toilet

Hello, thank you for your time leaving us a review. Our reception is open 24/7, please come any time and tell us if the room of toilet is not clean enough, our lovely housekeeping team is ready to help! Hope to see you again, safe travels! Indra.

This place is really only suitable for 18-20s looking to party, otherwise, don't count on sleeping.

Hello, thank you for your time leaving us a review. Sorry to hear that you found Clink78 suitable only for young party people, we are trying our best to make everybody welcome and comfortable no matter what their age is. You have stayed with us on the 1st January when most of people are partying a lot, that might have been the reason of the noise, anyway our reception team is available 24/7, please feel free to come and express your concerns at any time! Hope to see you again soon! Indra.

The staff very friendly and helpful. The room too small, too dark, too cramped. There are no lockers in the rooms.

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review and all your nice words about staff :) We are sorry to hear that you didn't like your room, bare in mind that our reception is open 24/7 and you can always ask for a room change, we promise to do our best to find a room that suits your needs. Hope to see you again, have safe travels! Indra.