Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

The staff were very friendly and helpful, facilities were very clean, and location is fantastic. I was in a girl's dorm and it was crowded but comfortable (recommend the bottom bunk). The place itself is cool, though there isn't a central place to hang out so people weren't so social and everyone seemed to be on their electronics. The free walking tour was strange bc the hostel guide didn't talk to us at all and passed us on to another guide who was actually very good. Went longer than expected.

• 29th Jan 2015

Hi :) Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have quite a few common areas for our guests to enjoy: the movie room and computer room are generally quieter but the bar and kitchen are very social with plenty of space to sit down, have a chat and make some friends. We hope to see you again soon! All the best - Jacqui

I wouldn't consider my standards incredibly high, but I did not like my stay at 78 Clink. The room had a window that wouldn't close and it's winter, so the room was both cold and loud from the traffic on the street. There was 12 beds in a room that should've had no more than 8 so there was no place to put anything. The showers didn't have knobs, but a timed button, so you have to push it every 15 seconds to continue taking a shower. It felt like all they cared about was my money.

• 29th Jan 2015

Hi. Thank you for your feedback, we are always striving to improve Clink78 so we love to know how we can improve. We keep the windows open so that the rooms don't get damp or smelly however we can close them for you. Next time just pop down to reception and we will come close them for you. All the best - Jacqui

I thought the hostel was great i don't usually stay in hostels but 10 minute walk not even that from king cross its a bargain. My only downside of this hostel is that the lift didn't work i suffer from vertigo so i can't get to the second floor and the staff put me on top floor, but they upgraded my room for free. The staff were really lovely/friendly, room was ace for the price. I would go back if i went to London again.

• 17th Jan 2015

Hi there, thank you for your time leaving us a review. We are happy to hear you had a pleasant stay at Clink78, our staff is always ready to help and solve any issues you might have during your visit :) Hope to see you again soon, have safe trips!

Great place to stay and meet new friends

Hi and thank you for your nice review. Clink78 is a busy backpackers hostel with buzzing bar - you can always find someone to chat to and make new friends :) Hope to see you again soon, have safe trips!

I had a great time here but not having WiFi in the rooms was a real inconvenience and the 8 person rooms were way too small, there was not enough room for the suitcases. But overall it was good and there was a great atmosphere

Needed wifi in the rooms !!!!!

• 12th Jan 2015

Hello, thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We are currently looking into getting wi-fi in the rooms so hopefully we will have some good news in the near future :) Safe trips.

Very squishy rooms and unisex bathrooms on my floor. Good breakfast.

Hello, thank you for your time leaving us a review. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our free breakfast! The rooms are on the smaller side but we have great common areas where you can chill ;) Hope to see you again soon, safe trips!

The staff was really nice and although we had booked two beds in an 8 bed dorm we got a private room. Lucky girls :) The location near King's Cross Station was really good for us. The only thing we did not like so much were the toilets and showers.

Hello, thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your free upgrade! It's always nice to get great news upon you arrival, isn't it? :) Hope to see you again soon! Safe travels.

The only issue I had was with the rooms. They were cold and a little damp. Otherwise, it's a nice place

Hi there, thank you for your time leaving us a review. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Clink78. Our reception is open 24/7, please don't be shy and ask for a room change next time, we are always willing to help! :) Safe trips!

No big lockers for backpacks on the rooms, the heater did not work properly and the window was partly broken, apart from that I had a good stay

Hello there, thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Clink78. Sorry that you had to cope with some maintenance issues, hope you have reported it to the front desk. Hope to see you again soon, safe travels! .Indra.

Female dorm of 8. You had your beds allocated for you. Each bed has a small security box where you can keep a few items/papers (bring a lock). Shower and toilets were clean. Overall nothing special. SImple.

Hello, thank you for your time leaving us a review! We're glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. Hope to see you again soon, cheers! .Indra.

They were so nice to us! We were supposed to be in a room with 8 people but they weren't very busy so they upgraded us to a 4 person dorm. :) Location was great! Easy to get on the underground and bus. Only complaint. No WiFi in rooms. You have to go to the main lobby to use it.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Hello there, thank you so much for your nice review! Happy to hear that you have enjoyed you free upgrade. We are currently looking into getting the wi-fi to work in the rooms, we'll be back with the good news in the near future, stay tuned! Hope to see you again. Indra.

My first experience of hostelling in London, and I was very impressed with the facilities, value for money and friendly staff at Clink 78. I hope to come back and visit in the future!

• 1st Jan 2015

Hi there, thank you so much for your nice review. Clink78 is proud to be your first hostel in London, we are even more proud of the fact that the stay didn't let you down :) Really hope to see you again soon, cheers! Indra.

Very dirty in room and toilet

Hello, thank you for your time leaving us a review. Our reception is open 24/7, please come any time and tell us if the room of toilet is not clean enough, our lovely housekeeping team is ready to help! Hope to see you again, safe travels! Indra.

This place is really only suitable for 18-20s looking to party, otherwise, don't count on sleeping.

Hello, thank you for your time leaving us a review. Sorry to hear that you found Clink78 suitable only for young party people, we are trying our best to make everybody welcome and comfortable no matter what their age is. You have stayed with us on the 1st January when most of people are partying a lot, that might have been the reason of the noise, anyway our reception team is available 24/7, please feel free to come and express your concerns at any time! Hope to see you again soon! Indra.

The staff very friendly and helpful. The room too small, too dark, too cramped. There are no lockers in the rooms.

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review and all your nice words about staff :) We are sorry to hear that you didn't like your room, bare in mind that our reception is open 24/7 and you can always ask for a room change, we promise to do our best to find a room that suits your needs. Hope to see you again, have safe travels! Indra.

very loud till 1 a.m. I could hear even the water flush no good shower cannot access the internet in the room

Everywhere was clean and tidy, however, my room was very cramped and smelt strongly of damp (maybe needs some better ventilation), but I've stayed in worse. About 10 minutes from Kings Cross and had a fairly standard free breakfast in the morning.

Hello, thank you for your time leaving us a review. Glad you have enjoyed our free breakfast. Sorry the room you have stayed didn't meet your expectations, we are in a process of refurbishment at the moment, all the rooms are being repainted. Hope to see you again, safe travels! Indra.

Didn't stay for long, as we got in late, however the staff were very and the wife was good. Unfortunately doesn't reach the rooms. Cool place, converted jail with original furniture. Great location. Reasonable price for London around NYE (stayed on the 29th). Would come back.

Hi there, thank you for your time leaving us a review. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Clink78, Hope you will come back soon and stay with us longer :) Safe travels! Indra.

Great hostel. Best part about it is the staff and bar. Breakfast is very basic, but delicious nonetheless. Beds are reasonable, which is all you need in a hostel bed. Facilities need work; showers specifically. I stayed on the fifth floor, where the mens showers were closed. I went downstairs to the 4th floor, and the shower water just dribbled, ice cold, out of the wall. However, thats my only complaint. Would return, especially if showers improved.

Hello, thank you your time leaving us a review. We are undergoing some refurbishment work at the moment so you can be sure that you will find nice showers when you come back to stay with us again :) Safe travels. Indra.