Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

The bar was amazing, with wonderful bar team. The best ones were surely the French girl Cynthia and the spanish bar manager Juanjo who were very nice, professional, smiling: a great customer service, I felt like home. Unlikely, I can't say thesame for the reception team. Some were very professional but one of them(Mark, foreigner) was very rude, with a very poor customer service,I'm French and can speak english fluently but when I spell my name he didn't get it and say I wasn't talking english.

Very good Hostel, will come back next time Im in London

Great place, very modern and well laid out. Really close to Kings Cross. Bar, laundry facilities, plenty of space. The room was a *bit* small, I kicked the guy in the next bunkbed in my sleep. The breakfast consisted of toast, cereal, and tea; not much to go on when traveling. Other than that this place was great, highly recommend.

I was not a fan. The staff was fine, not what I would call friendly, the place was huge and crowded (to be fair, it was just not my style). When they advertise "lockers" these are rickety half-broken metal bins on a different floor than you are staying on, which are often all full and did not seem very secure at that. Also for security, I was in a four-girl room, but immediately outside the door were men (also staying at hostel) talking ALL NIGHT, loudly, about raping women. Loud, and not secure

• 26th Mar 2015

Really great vibe, fun bar to meet people at and friendly staff

• 26th Mar 2015

If you are going to stay here choose a 12 person mixed dorm. The 10 person dorm was extremely small and packed like sardines. 12 person dorm was so much bigger and more room. Also the rooms don't have anywhere to lock your stuff except this really small locker only good for your phone , small items, etc.

overall a fun experience, very cool building. however the room and facilities were very tiny and very expensive.

I only stayed for one night arriving late and leaving early. Great location close to the train station. The room stunk!! Too many people in a small space the room was in desperate need of being aired out. The bunks were noisy too.

There is almost no space for luggage, but if one doesn't plan to stay there too long, it may be ok. I had one unpleasant experience - somebody stole my food from the fridge, but - of course - it's not a fault of hostel stuff. It's probably because this hostel is quite big and accidents like that are more probable to happen. But except of that I'm totally satisfied with my stay there.

Lovely beds, boiling hot showers and free breakfast (a very good one!!) and beside kings Cross. Only thing is I wouldn't really recommend it for solo travellers as it can be hard to meet people!

Value for money is great. Kitchen is closed from midnight which is a bit of a pain if you're hungry at night though.

Only thing I don't really like is the kitchen, there is no oven, no freezer, no scissors. Everything else is good, staff is great.

The bar is a really sweet touch as well as the awesome courtroom movie theater! One of the coolest hostels Ive stayed at.. It's location is right by kings cross so you can get anywhere decently fast.

I arrived late and only stayed one night so hard to make too much of a judgement.. I think most hostels in the uk are fairly over priced but this was one of the cheaper options. I found the hostel quite hard to find but it is close to the metro if you want to get back into oxford or Piccadilly etc, good security on the door although not even being lowed to sit on the steps seemed a little too intense. Friendly helpful reception staff and good bathrooms etc

Definitely a cool location, a bit far from the sights in London but the metro was close, just a few blocks away. The prison vibe was interesting, I had a solitary confinement type cell that was very tight but it was me an my partner so it wasn't so bad, and we didn't have to worry about our things since we had the cell to ourselves. The luggage storage however I was more skeptical since anyone can walk down to the storage room and potentially take your things. Overall though it was a good stay!

• 17th Mar 2015

Really nice place, you can see people of all ages enjoying their stay. Rooms ar really good organized. I would love that the internet was available in the rooms...

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Very energetic and youthful vibe with funky colors, group rooms and bar downstairs. Comfortable beds with plenty of space. Excellent location in Kings Cross that is an easy walk to the Thames or any place accessible by bus/tube. Only donwnside was that breakfast was very minimal.

• 16th Mar 2015

The hostel itself was very clean and the accomodation was very straight forward. Everything was simple, handy and comfortable! Receptionists could be a wee bit nicer but there was nothing wrong about them. I could stay over again

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Spain

I have to say that all the communial rooms were nice an clean. On the other hand I was in a 12 bed room and there we're no locker facilities in our room except for a small place to put our wallets, phones and passeports, which means that all our stuff had to be tossed in the middle of te floor. Needless to say the room was dirty, cramped and in general unpleasant.

• 14th Mar 2015

They treat you like children, we got a 50 pound fine for drinking a beer in our room.

• 13th Mar 2015