Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

Rooms are quite small but there was an all round friendly and relaxed atmosphere

• 24th Aug 2013

Great location and surroundings with nice facility, while, the 'locker' I was expecting is something big enough to store our luggage, not just a tiny case above the bed. It will be better if there is a fan in the en-suit bathroom, the room would be less humid and smelly after people used the shower facility.

Hey there! Thanks a lot for your review! About the lockers... there are free big lockers all around the building, you just need your own padlock for them. We are glad you had a good time with us! Enjoy the rest of your travels! Clink Team

This hostel is in an excelent location. It is very clean, the staff is very nice and its atmosphere is good. I have enjoyed my stay here and therefore I recommend this place to other visitors.

Hiya! Thanks for that nice review! :) We hope to see you very soon! Clink Team

Worst hostel I have been to. The rooms were stuffy, very noisy from the pub outside. Beds cramped into rooms. No full divide between bunks. Toilets were not clean and smelt. Felt very dirty there. Would not recommend it.

It was my first hostel experience and it was good.

• 23rd Aug 2013
  • Hong Kong

Hi! We are glad to hear that your first experience at a hostel was with us and that you enjoyed! Enjoy also the rest of your travels! Clink Team

Was very pleased with the hostel and thought the staff was very helpful and the room cleaned. Very good value for money and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• 20th Aug 2013

Hey there! Thanks a lot! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the time you stayed with us! Is our pleasure! :) :) Enjoy the rest of your travels! Clink Team

I stayed 1 night because I had a tour leaving the next day. I arrived and someone was in my bed, front reception made a big deal of it and got security to come to my room. Rooms were VERY cramped, beds super uncomfortable, no aircon so really hot in the middle of the night. Staff not very friendly nor helpful. Would not stay here again. (stayed in a 12 bed female dorm - all that was available at the time)

Not very impressed with this well-known establishment. Rooms were tiny and dingy, with awkward ladders to reach the top bunks, and a single bare lightbulb hanging overhead. Corridors and common rooms were boiling hot all the time, and there were far fewer toilet and shower facilities than there should have been, given the size of the hostel. Showers floors were constantly wet and dirty. Located close to Kings Cross and a short walk from the centre, though the immediate area is nothing special.

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are going through a very hot summer at the moment, so London is hotter than usual. Nevertheless, there are fans available at reception upon request to make things better :) About the cleanliness, we have a 24h- hardworking Housekeeping team that is taking care of the building. Next, time just please come to reception if you think that showers are not clean enough, we are happy to clean them again! :) See you next time! Clink Team

I was extremely disappointed in my stay. I had expected a little bit mote for what i was paying.

• 19th Aug 2013

Hey there! We are sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as good as expected. If you want to come back to us and tell us specifically, please send us an email to: lettie@clinkhostels.co.uk . We would love to know what happened and why you felt that way. Enjoy the rest of your travels! Clink Team

The rooms are too small (no enought place for the luggage in the bedroom) but the beds are pratical (with small locker and light for every one). Wifi too expensive (£3 !). Under the beds should be cleaner than actually. Kitchen nice but there is any oven. Breakfast ok. The staff is nice :-)

Hey! Thanks for the review and for letting us know what you should think that it should be improved. It is very important for us! We hope to see you again. Enjoy the rest of your travels! Clink Team

The rooms in this hostel were so tiny, the five bunk beds in my dorm were flush up against each other with only a piece of metal separating you and the next person. The beds were comfortable but this was way too close for comfort. Good bathrooms and security (lockers above your bed and can only access your floor). Wifi was only available in the basement which was frustrating. The basement also had a nice bar. Not a great place to meet people, lacks in character, felt a bit like a number.

First couple of days I stayed in the largest mixed dorm in the basement. There was a tiny window, no air, incredibly hot and loud. Then after I already checked out in the morning I returned and stayed another night in another mixed dorm room. This one however was in the ground floor. There was plenty of fresh air and only the some noise coming from the street instead of the bar downstairs. So I wonder how can they charge the same money for rooms so different?!

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your review. About the difference in the room: the good old Clink is located in a 200 year Courthouse (quirky!) and the differences between the rooms are due to the unique character of this beautiful & protected building :) We are glad to hear that you had a good time! Enjoy the rest of your travels! Clink Team

excellent

• 17th Aug 2013
  • China

Loved this hostel! Would and will stay here again! Booked to stay for 2 nights and ended up staying for all 5 nights we were in London. Staff were so friendly, the bar downstairs was a blast - Kim the bartender is the best! The place was very clean, only a 10 minute walk from Kings Cross Stn, only 30 mins away from the theatre district and Covent Garden.

Hey there! Thanks a lot for such a nice review! Your opinion is very important to us and we are happy to hear that you had a great time! Enjoy the rest of your travels and see you soon! Clink Team

Have stayed in hostels all over the world but never england before. The staff were very rude, one of them saying "what do you want" when I was checking in! Amongst other things. Location ideal for access to trains though not a nice area, wouldn't feel safe here. Female toilet smelt of urine, was disgusting! Very noisy at night, was woken up at least 4 times. Bed very uncomfortable! Extra charge for lockers!

Hi, thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry that you had a bad experience. We thrive in giving the best customer service possible and we'd like to understand what exactly happened. If you could send us an email to lettie@clinkhostels.co.uk, you'll be in contact with the Front Of House manager. About the toilets, we have a 24 hours housekeeping team and they can clean it up for you! We also have free lockers, you just need to provide your own padlock to use them. Kind regards ClinK7

This hostel was good however the basement dorms have no ventilation and a 4 bed dorm was far to small to fit 4 beds in it. I was also in a 6 bed dorm and that was also far too small and there was no space for anyone's bags/belongings to be placed. Pretty cholostrophobic in there for me personally, so I will not be going back. Overall the hostel was great in a central location.

Bathrooms very clean,nice décor,staff ok always polite&friendly, ok area some pubs&restaurants. Paid wifi only works in common ares £3connection fee(just go to mcdonalds!), very small rooms w/ very little storage space,bar is the only lively place but its too loud for anything other than drinking, quite far from underground,staff although friendly not overly helpful didn't offer any information about area or transport unless you ask. In my opinion it was just ok, my boyfriend hated it though.

Hi there Thank you for your detailed feedback! If you could give us a detailed feedback about why your boyfriend hated the place it would be nice for us to hear it, the email adress is lettie@clinkhostels.co.uk. We' hope you'll be back soon. Kind regards Clink78 Team

Was only staying as needed a bed in London after a concert but had I been looking for the hostel experience I could feel this place would be ideal!!!

Hi there Thank you for your review! We can't wait to see you again then ! :) Kind regards Clink78

staff very very friendly and helpful, great value for money,

• 14th Aug 2013
  • Scotland

Hi ! Thank you very much for your review ! Come back soon! Kind regards Clink78

The rooms are hot and stuffy. Could do with something to cool things down in summer. Staff were great. They held our luggage all day until it was time to check in.

(1965 results)