Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

We had booked 2 nights in a 10 bed dorm. When we arrived we were absolutely shocked by the lack of space and horrible smell of the dorm. There was hardly enough space to even open up our suitcases. We went to reception to express our concerns who were very helpful but unfortunately couldn't change our room for the night room as they were completely full. They did however upgrade us to a private for the following night at no extra cost which we were very grateful for!

The rooms were crazy squished together and there was no where to put your belongings except for a tiny tin box thing at the head of your bed.. having the rooms so close to the bar area with music pumping and people walking around the halls drunk makes it difficult to sleep.

• 19th Dec 2014

Weak breakfast because could have more options than bread and cereal. there are bathrooms in all levels so you never need to wait.

Had a great stay at the hostel - we even got upgraded to a private room! Location is super for London - not very far to Kings Cross and walkable to the centre if you are tired of the tube. Staff were very friendly and the facilities are terrific. There seemed to be a lot going on and I appreciated breakfast being included.

Very glad I only stayed one night. The facilities are very very rough, and the staff was rude and inconsiderate. Kind of feels like living in a colorfully painted prison. It's not especially conveniently located either.

Prima hostel op goede locatie van het metro station. De kamers waren veels te klein en het ontbijt viel een beetje tegen

The Clink78 is a hostel located very close to the main train stations in London. But it clearly is a hostel for teenagers coming to London to party. I once fit in this category, but since I was in London for work, the Clink78 was not a good choice.

Clink78 is awesome. any and every time I go to London I will be staying here it is so cool and everything and everyone is so nice and sweet. definitely go there and your standards will be heightened.

very good place, nice staff, delicious breakfast

All good: location, cleanliness, beds comfort, toilets and showers, breakfast. I was disappointed I coundn't find any locker to keep my valuables safe, but the staff told me there are, so don't do as I did and ask if you don't find

Nice place. The best place ever. The building is amazing and there is a bar pretty nice. U should go. The only problem is it is not so near the kings cross station than the other clink.

Chose this hostel for its history and proximity to Kings Cross and the British Library. Favourably impressed by the friendly staff, prime location and excellent value for central London, less so by the courtroom kitsch and fanciful description of facilities. I didn't mind the terrace of bunk beds, but the partitions between them provide privacy at the expense of natural light, and all the reading lights had been disconnected. Good breakfast but kitchen was inaccessible for much of my stay.

stay was good, good atmosphere and nice staff ,only the rooms are too small for 4 persons to sleep + no plugs available for people who are sleeping on the upper bed. But it is good enough for the value for money

Fantastic, helpful staff and nice that breakfast is included. On the downside rooms are small, it's incredibly noisy from road noise and internally, only 1 light in rooms as ones in bunks don't work so when people enter room you wake up, shower temp can't be moderated as just a push a button on a timer thing, not enough plugs in rooms and because the place is so massive there isn't much of an atmosphere.

THIS HOSTEL IS AMAZINGGGGG! Love staying at the Clink78.. Often returned when I need accommodation in the city.. However prices have increased which deters me from staying these days. Great location and the bar and kitchen are so handy. Always loads of people around and meet people from everywhere. Staff are great! Pod beds are great for privacy too.

Staff was very friendly! Cleaning staff cleant the toilets several times per day!

Loved it, great people, great staff, great facilities and fairly cheap Will definately be back and would recommend to anyone!

• 7th Dec 2014

Apart from the fact that there is a nightclub inside the hostel and the music stays louder until like 2-3am. Apart that they rent the bar/kitchen area to outsiders party's and you can't use it. Apart i heard fightings in the corridors in the night of that party. Apart from all of this, I enjoyed my stay.

One of our party of 3 detected sewer type odors on 3rd floor, and was disappointed to find no wi-fi in the room. Wi-fi available only in common rooms. Apart from that, our stay in a 3 person private room w/toilet & shower was very good. Good location near St. Pancras station. Good free breakfast. Helpful staff. Travel, day-trip services. Easy access to Heathrow from St. Pancras station via Picadilly line Underground! Thanks, Clink!

It was very clean (apart from the terrible mess made by the guests), the staff was friendly, the breakfast nice. We had an electricity problem, which didn't concern me much but kept other people hussling and being noisy - somebody came to fix it at night, which probably means good service, though I would prefer everyone just to calm down, turn of the lights and fix it in the morning - that is because I come to hostels to sleep. One thing the hostel lacked was lockers for personal belongings.