Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

The staff was nice/helpful, the bar in the basement was a fun place to meet other travelers. Other than that I was pretty unimpressed compared to other hostels in Europe. The mixed dorm was extremely cramped. Very small beds & with 12 people's luggage the room is messy and uncomfortable. The locker in my bunk was broken but there was a larger locker downstairs I could use. The complimentary breakfast is nice. Wifi didn't work at all in my room & there weren't outlets for each bed.

Awesome hostel. Activities were set up every night. Actually tried to stay here again but it was all booked... Lively atmosphere so it was easy to come alone and meet new people

This place is fine providing you dont want to sleep. Its a party hostel. A loud announcement throughout the hotel about bar events and prices puts an end to an early night and the never end drunk people put an end to sleeping later on. I did not get the room type I booked.

This hostel was brilliant. Good common areas, quality breakfast, and solid facilities. Also it had a very helpful staff. Nothing is of the most pristine quality, but as far as hostels go, this one felt remarkably tidy and well organized. Great hostel.

Another nice stay in the Clink. lol I've stayed in both clinks in the Kings Cross area and this one is my favorite. It is a little further walk than the other one (about 10-12 minutes walk from the train station with suitcases in tow) but it has a livelier scene. I did enjoy my rooms sleeping arrangements. The sturdy bunk beds were all on one wall and had privacy walls alongside each bed. Each bed had a light and there was plenty of space under then bed for a large suitcase.

Very nice hostel for maybe a younger crowd. Being less interested by the party life, I would have preferred a cozier and quieter, less crowded place. Nevertheless, a nice stay and great facilities.

Very fun and energetic place to be!

• 15th Jun 2014

A great vibe and a good place to be

Nice place to stay in London - one of the better hostels. Great kitchen and court room relax area. Also they allow you to keep your bags in storage for the whole day and into the evening if you need to / convenient if you have a night flight.

Great hostel! The location was close to King's Cross Station, which was convenient. The rooms were nice and comfortable and the travel shop on-site made it easy to organise tours and other activities. The range of facilities was also excellent.

A good hostel

• 12th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

It's summer and the rooms were stinking hot - literally. We had tiny window to let in fresh air in a room of 10 girls. The room only had 4 power points for 10 girls trying to charge their phones. The showers were tiny and had nowhere for you to place your clean and dry clothes to get changed into after your shower plus you had to constantly press a button to keep the water flowing and you couldn't change the temperature. On the positive side - there was free wifi and a decent enough breakfast.

Had an awesome time at Clink. The front desk was awesome and very helpful to find some good food/sights around the city. We had pretty good beds and roommates with decent privacy. The bar downstairs was really fun on the beer pong night (wednesday). We met some good buddies who were actually traveling around Europe doing roughly the same trip as us.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

There seems to be a conflict of interest in running a bar well not the wee small hours when the prime business is providing a venue for sleeping.

Most of the staff ok. Bar was lovely. Had an 8 bed room which was tiny, would have been a cosy one bed room in a travelodge, well laid out but basically only beds squashed together. Because room was very crowded, it overheated at night despite all windows open, hot evening anyway but struggled to sleep at all. Everything very clean, however toilet shared between 5 or so rooms and usually had a queue. Breakfast amazing. Overall, I would recommend, but maybe not in summer!

Staffs are helpful and friendly

The toilet and bathroom were very dirty and didn't clean frequently. There was bad smell in the bathroom. Also, there was not enough space to put things in bathroom. Besides, 2 of 3 bathrooms didn't have hot water.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

The hostel was very nice. After switching from the Camden in I am very happy with my choice to switch hostels. They create a great environment to meet people with their bar located in the basement. The lack of wifi in the rooms was annoying and their breakfast was not anything special. However based on the amount I paid I would stay here again. It's a little pricey for the more expensive busy nights.

좋은데....위치도좋구ㅋㅋ딱다좋은데ㅋㅋ아침에 왜 엘리베이터작동안하는거에요.....캐리어들고 6층에서 내려오느라 채할뻔했어요......

Staff was awesome helped me plan my stay. Lockers in each bed great but not big enough for laptop. Cost 4.5 pounds to do a load of wash! And they don't sell laundry detergent. The girls section of the building had very little air flow. I never used my covers because I was too hot. Windows do not open all the way to allow air in. Very uncomfortable at night could only sleep 6 hours and they weren't a nice 6 hours. That takes a toll after 4 nights and 5 busy days. Toilet frequently had no paper.

• 8th Jun 2014

Hello and thank you for your review as well as for the nice words about our staff. We have extra lockers (bigger ones) in our common areas. Guests pay £4.50 for to do their laundry - detergent and fabric softener comes with it, you don't need to add anything extra :) Sorry that you found your room too hot - reception staff can place a fan in the room for you to keep the air moving. We hope these little thing didn't ruin your experience and we will see you again at Clink78, enjoy your trips!