Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

#Location #Atmosphere Excellent

Hey there, thank you for your time rating the hostel and leaving some nice words here:) Hope to see you again staying with us, have safe trips!

Fine for one maybe two nights! Buuttt felt incredibly safe as a single female traveller which is worth more than anything

Hello there! Thank you for your very positive feedback! We are happy to hear you had a great stay and most importantly felt safe with us :) We hope to see you again shall you return to London! Safe travels

I wanted to experience a hostel and was impressed with everything I saw. It was a jolly up-beat place and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I loved the building! The bar was busy + reasonably priced. The staff were most helpful. I arrived after 10pm + the room was in darkness with the other 3 occupants fast asleep - one in my allocated lower bunk so I didn't have a very comfortable night. I had assumed I'd be the one going to bed first (I'm 59!) not 20 yr olds.

• 1st Jul 2014

Hello there! Thank you for giving us your great feedback and rating :) We are happy to hear that you had a good stay with us and got impressed by the hostel ans its atmosphere! Our staff is also happy that you found us helpful! We are also there for the sort of issue you experiences though; if somebody is in your bed we are happy to change your room or just wake the person up for a swap! We hope to see you again!

It's a good party hostel. The rooms are pretty tight. Takes about 10 minutes to walk there from the nearest tube station.

Thank you for your time leaving the review and giving us the rating :) Clink78 is a busy hostel with a lively bar but it doesn't mean that it's only for the "party people" - there's little of everything for any kind of taste. We hope the walk from King's Cross station wasn't too long and you still had lots of energy to explore and enjoy London. Hope to see you again, safe travels!

The Clink78 was great! =) pretty cool how it used to be a court house/Jail the location, staff, atmosphere are really good I recon I would defently stay here again plus theres a pretty cool bar underneath the building =)

Good day fellow traveler! Thank you for leaving the review, we are delighted to hear that you have had a nice stay at Clink78 - one of the most original hostels in UK ;) Our door is open for you! See you next time, safe trips :)

Extremely dirty rooms. Not asnpictured in the website. I rather fo to 261.

Thank you for the rating and the review. We are sorry to hear that you found your room to be dirty, we would appreciate if you could contact us at info78@clinkhostels.co.uk with more details. Still happy to hear that you like Clink261:) I'm sure our colleagues over there will be thrilled to have you back. Safe trips!

Lockers above the beds were too small, my bed light didn't work. 10 min walk to the Tube, to go anywhere you had to catch it. Prob better staying slightly out of the city and paying less for accommodation, possibly getting more space in your room, and just catch the tube everywhere anyway. The 6xbed dorm in the basement was loud from the bar and so tiny - no room to stand around. I guess typical for London. Facilities were clean, good for catching Top Deck tours.

Hi there! Thanks for your comments and rating! We are happy you liked the facilities and found the location convenient :) We have a 24/7 reception for problems such as bed light not working or to change your room for a bigger one! We also have bigger lockers available all around the hostel :) Just come to see us again and we will show it all to you! Safe travels :) Anna

The location was great! Everything else though not so much. The staff seemed very indifferent to those in the hostel. The luggage room was an absolute nightmare and it was every man for himself! I did not feel good leaving my bag there at all. The bar played music at an unnecessary volume to the point where I had to leave to make myself heard. The bartenders were extremely rude as well! The rooms were average. There were very few bathrooms and showers compared to the numbers of people.

Double decked beds are placed next to each other, no space left in the room. The dorm is really tiny, you can only put your luggage or backpack under the bed, however, its really dirty. There was only two electric plugs for a 12-ppl dorm, you can find electricity supply in the kitchen, yet half of them are not usable. moreover, you cannot connect WIFI inside the dorm. If you look for a place for sleep only, the price is too high for you. However, the kitchen and bathroom are really clean.

Staff were friendly. Was reasonably close to transport. Rooms were very stuffy and hard to sleep. Facilities were ordinary. Wouldn't recommend staying here

Hello! Thank you for your review! We are glad you found the location suitable and the staff friendly. As for the rooms they get a little hot in summer time but we provide fans on reception, next time just come to see us and we can change your room as well :) We have a great and fit kitchen, a TV room to chill out and computer room with free WiFi in all facilities, even in our amazing bar! Come back to see us I'm sure you will enjoy it all! Safe travels!

Ridiculously disorganised staff. Put people in the wrong beds, caused lots of confusion and came in waking everyone up and turning the lights on at about 4am 3 times to try and sort things out, but usually just making things worse..

• 25th Jun 2014

Definitely a good place to stay if you're looking to party with the people at the hostel. The downside to that is it stays pretty loud late into the night, but it wasn't too much of an issue. The showers weren't the greatest but they weren't anything to complain about either. Breakfast was good, not much but it was free so no complaints here. Overall, good atmosphere and decent facilities.

Hi there! Many thanks for taking your time and rating the hostel, we are glad for your positive feedback and that you had a nice stay with us! If the rooms are too loud because of the music in the bar, we have a 24/7 reception to look into a solution together :) Come to see us on your next visit! Safe trips!

It's nice reception services, and includes breakfast is excellent, but the the room is too crowded and noisy when sharing with 10 girls then.

Hello! Thank you for your review and nice rating! We are happy you found the staff helpful and nice, and that you liked the breakfast! As for sharing with girls, we provide free earplugs to help people having a good night of sleep :) We hope to see you again! Safe travels!

The lobby was really beautiful. I also felt great atmosphere in this hostel.

Hello :) Thanks for your feedback! We are happy that you had a good stay and liked the atmosphere and the beauty of this old building! We hope to see you in here again shall you return to London! Take care!

good location near kings cross, felt safe walking alone at night to and from tube stop. stayed in 10 bed female dorm and the room was a bit stuffy, but clean. beds are all on one platform with dividers between each area. it kind of felt like a pod but i didn't' mind. what i did mind was management doing nothing when i asked if they could move the very, very sick girl who was continuously coughing (plague status) out of our room. i paid for a bed, not a disease. change your policies, clink.

Room was very bad, and the shower bad too. Nice bar but terrible room.

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback! We have many different types of rooms, some bigger than others, some with bathroom inside etc. If you feel disappointed with your room please just come to our 24/7 reception and we will be happy to change your room for you! :) Just try it next time and we are sure you will find something that suits you more! See you soon! Anna

Brilliant hostel in Kings Cross but if you want any sleep, ask for anywhere but the basement. Brilliant kitchen facilities, in house bar, great basic breakfast and free wi-fi Not so good was the activation of the fire alarm at 5am, it was at this point i realised I wasn't on the best floor, being disabled.

• 24th Jun 2014

Hi there! Thanks for the positive feedback and great rating! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, the kitchen and other facilities! As for the basement, it is true the rooms near the bar are noisier but our 24/7 reception staff is always happy to help you move rooms and find the best place for you :) Hope to see you again! Safe travels

Amazing place to meet people. Really big. Hostel use to be a prison/courthouse.

Hi there! Thank you for the great feedback and rating! We are happy you had a good stay and enjoyed yourself :) We hope to see you again shall you come back to London! Safe travels!

Great hostel, but incredibly expensive--I think that just might be because everywhere in London was expensive, but it was 38 quid for one night in a 10-person communal room, which seems very steep to me.

Hi there, thank you for leaving your thoughts with us! London is a very expensive city and the prices are going up during the weekends. 30-40 pounds a night on a Saturday is quite standard even though it seems a lot of money. We try to provide as much service as possible to make it worth the value of money though, I'm glad you could enjoy it! We hope to see you again when the high season is gone to enjoy more affordable prices :) Safe travels! Anna

I found the staff to be rude and quite 'meh' about their job. We had just landed in England, very excited, only to be met with demure faces that didn't care to be there. This was unfortunate as we thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the facilities and other guests at Clink.

hi there. Thanks for your feedback! We are disappointed to hear your experience with the staff wasn't all that positive as we always try to provide the best customer service possible. If you would like to tell us more about it (so we can investigate) please contact us back on reception. We are however happy that you enjoyed the facilities and the stay! Hope to see you again and welcome you with a smile :) Safe travels! Anna