Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

Very spatious and clean hostel. Possibly the best London hostel I've stayed in so far. Nothing to complain about really, except for maybe the early check out time. Also had problems reaching the Wi-Fi from our bedroom.

I've stayed in hostels all over Europe and North America, some great and some bad. This was the first time I've not stayed at a place because I was uncomfortable staying there. Bathrooms were disgusting. Beds have awkward set up, especially for women. Didn't stay the night. No refund given. Wouldn't recommend.

When We arrived, there was a large crowd drinking and smoking outside the front door. Once inside seemed secure and the autmosphere was nice till we arrived in our room. 3 bunk beds shoved together with a piece of wood separating the beds. Then on the other side another 2 sets of beds. Not enough outlets and you slept with a piece of wood separating you and the person next to you. Not what was expected. Very disappointed.

No wifi in the rooms means travellers are glued to their screens in the lobby and such. Very hard to meet new people

Great value for money. I would definitely recommend Clink78.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Great location, staff have been very helpful. Rooms are a good size and very clean. Would recommend that they have more showers and bathrooms. Not nearly enough for the amount of people at this hostel. Good wifi but not available in rooms. Breakfast is basic but good. Overall a comfortable stay at this hostel.

Almost perfect. To improve: - Breakfast (it was really basic) - To add wardrobe or shelves in rooms.

No running water on the saturday. So had to buy bottled water just to wash before we went out. Staff simply stated water pipe had broke and gave no knowledge of when it would be fixed or offer any solutions. We had to spend more money to clean. Simply wrong!!!!

• 21st Nov 2014

Great place for our stay-great location, great staff and great value. When we arrived we were assigned to a mixed dorm; however, on the phone I had requested a female dorm. Staff were very helpful-for the 1st night we were moved to a female dorm (which was booked out after the 1st night) but Anna arranged for another female dorm. We stressed over it the 1st day (and probably annoyed staff) but team dealt with it so well, we were really impressed. Definitely booking again for my next visit!

• 20th Nov 2014

I stayed in a four bed female dorm for three nights mid-november. The beds were loud and the room was tiny and wayyyyyyy too warm, even with the window open. The worst part was the showers. They ran for 10 seconds at a time, don't have a separate area for your clothes so mine got all wet, and I would highly recommend bringing shower shoes or flip flops (which I didn't do - in a six week trip this was the only hostel where I needed them) because the floor was flooded and slimy.

• 14th Nov 2014

Facilities were good but would have liked wifi in the rooms not just in the common areas

I stayed only for one night, so didn't get to see all the hostel had to offer. I booked an 8-bed room which I only had to share with one other person, so don't know what it'd be like if it was full. But plenty of room under the bunks to put your luggage, so space shouldn't be an issue. Very generous 8 sockets in the room, although I do question the safety of having one right next to your head. Plenty of leisure areas to choose from, and free breakfast with good choice of cereals and drinks.

I missed lockers and they don't have lockers big enought

Best Hostel I stayed. Really great!

Everything about this hostel is really nice, excepto for the dorms, the beds are all over each other, no room whatsoever. But as I said everything else is good, kitchen, it's clean, etc.

Hi there, Thank you for this feedback! We are happy that you found the place nice and enjoyed your stay with us! As for the rooms, the size depends of how big the dorm is, how many people do you share with and also on the shape of the room, next time just come to reception and we can change your room for you! Hope to see you again shall you return to London! Anna

The hostel was very busy! Crammed a lot of people into one building! There were lockers available but they were located in hallways and there were none located near our room therefore we felt that security was a bit of an issue. There were renovations going on near our room so it was very noisy, very early! - no apology. Breakfast was chaotic and could barely find somewhere to sit and eat! Although there were so many people there wasn't very much of an atmosphere at the bar! Good location!

A stone's throw from Kings Cross Station means location is a huge plus. Bed was very comfortable and the shower and toilet facilities also merited many brownie points. Free breakfast was a relatively simple affair-as much cereal, toast, tea or coffee as you desired and the staff were a pleasure to meet. Spotlessly clean as well and so many areas to hang out in and meet fellow travellers. All in all look no further if coming to London!

Hi there! Many thanks for this amazing review and perfect ratings :D We are delighted to hear all your great comments about the location, beds, facilities and cleanliness, it puts a big smile on our faces :) We hope to see you again soon and wish you amazing travels! Anna

Desk staff unhelpful, no hot water in private room and I had to go ask them why rather than being informed, had to use communal showers on separate floor. Security let themselves into the room while we were in it, did not ask to enter

• 8th Nov 2014

The bar is amazing and the staff is really great. The atmosphere is super cool and the location is easy to access from the bus or a quick walk from Kings Cross. However, there is NO space in the room for baggage and the shower has to keep being pressed to stay on.

Hi there! It's awesome to hear that you had a great time with us and enjoyed the bar! We are happy you found the atmosphere cool and the Hostel easy to access from the station :) There are a few showers in the building without this push button - come to ask on reception next time you visit us and we will be happy to show then to you! See you soon! Anna

That is very good place. I left my IPad and when I returned after 6 hours I got it back. I met so many good people. Staff was nice even they were very busy. I would recomment it to everyone who come to London.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Hello :) Many thanks for your very positive feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and met cool travelers! Our staff is also grateful for the mention! We hope to see you again shall you return to London! Wish you safe travels! Anna