Clink78 Reviews

78 Kings Cross rd, London, England

I travel a lot and I never take time to write reviews. But my stay at Clink 78 was so uncomfortable and left me feeling so taken advantage of that I need to say what I think. I stayed in a 12 person dorm with my friend. The room was tiny, with no standing room for more than three people at a time. There was of course no room for luggage either. The advertised "lockers" are no more than small safe boxes above the beds. There a few plug in the rooms, so you have to stand in the hallways to charge.

Super sucios los cuartos, amontonados y poco espacio. Personas de todas las edades durmiendo juntos en el cuarto, sólo 3 conexiones para todos y no hay donde dejar tus cosas.

We stayed at Clink78 for 2 nights and had a great time! The staff was very friendly and helpful at all times, the bathrooms were clean, the beds comfortable and the facilities (bar, tv room and internet lounge) were really stylish. I would definitely stay there again!

Everything okay, would be nice if people in neighboring rooms could be more quiet but that's probably the nature of hostels. ;)

• 4th Feb 2016

Beds in the 8 bed dorm room were little more than cubby holes with only a screen separating you from the person next to you. If you're not spending much time in the room though (which you won't be because there's no WiFi there) it really isn't that bad. Kitchen is good for cooking and there are really cool common rooms on the ground floor to hang out, charge your electronics, etc. It's a huge hostel so get to breakfast early if you want a seat and beware of all the school groups.

This place is very small and the colors are really dark. If you are even a little claustrophobic do not stay here. Customer service was good. Over all it's a very loud place and it's hard to get sleep with all the noise.

Hi There! Thank you for taking the time to leave us review. Our hostel is very lively but that's what make it such a great place. Some of our rooms are little small but this is because of the unique shape of the historical building. I would suggest that if you choose to stay with us again (which we hope that you do!) that if you are not happy with your room and that come to reception that is open 24hrs and ask us to change your room. Thanks for staying and we hope that you will choose us again. Lucinda

The one thing that probably dampened out experience was on our last night we got woken up at just after midnight, as staff needed access to our window as the room next to us the lock was broken on that door and they couldn't get into the room. Any other night it would have been fine but we were being picked up at 5am for our flight home which reception knew as we asked them to book our taxi, and after this neither myself or my friend could get to sleep before our 24 hour journey home.

• 31st Jan 2016

Tutto molto bello anche se le stanze sono piccolissime... Ma diciamo che fa parte del gioco. L'atmosfera è perfetta. Dettagli curati benissimo! Personale cortese, la struttura è enorme e per essere un ostello con una clientela molto giovane è molto pulito e tenuto bene. Cose a sfavore che bisogna comunque tenere in considerazione è che nelle celle non ci sono prese e se vuoi ricaricare il cell o paghi o stai nelle stanze comuni finché non è carico. Deposito bagagli e uso pc a pagamento.

• 31st Jan 2016

Sorry it was a good hostel but who in the hell doesn't have wifi in the rooms, come oonnnnnnn

• 29th Jan 2016

No wifi in the rooms. No space for luggage in the room besides under de bed.

• Argentina

ambiente molto carino ed accogliente. il personale è sempre disponibile. il bar al piano di sotto è comodo e rifornito così come la cucina per colazioni e pasti. io ho soggiornato in camerata femminile da 6 con bagno in camera ed è stato tutto perfetto.

• 29th Jan 2016

Good location, 10min walking distance from Kings Cross. Wi-fi only works in the common rooms, there is no working light lamp by the beds and also no lockers. My room was extremely dark even during the day. Too many people coming and going, there is not much control. The showers - you have to push a button every time you want water to come out - and they are mixed. Except for one dark-haired young guy, staff not very helpful. I was quite disappointed. Probably wouldn't be back.

Hi There! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. Yes our WiFi does only work in the common areas as we try to encourage people to get out of their rooms and socialise (well at least try) and leave the rooms for sleeping. We are a variety of shower types (ones where you do not need to push a button) and loads of showers through out the building which are gender allocated (not mixed). Our staff are very busy at times however we always try our very best to help everyone with whatever they need so I am sorry that you did not feel like you got the service you desired. Thank you for staying. Lucinda

Rien à dire de négatif, j'étais dans une chambre de 10 pax, aucun souci avec le bruit de la musique venant du bar et petit déjeuner basic et gratuit, je reviendrais ! See you soon.

• 27th Jan 2016
  • bernardco831681

very good~

• 26th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

Everything was great but the poor WiFi signal that doesn't reach the rooms.

• Argentina

Ambiance sympa au sein de l'auberge. Personnel extrêmement aimable !! Douches à revoir eau trop chaude... Dans l'ensemble je recommande cette auberge

• 25th Jan 2016

Clink78 was very disappointing. The folks working the front desk were more interested in talking to one another than helping guests, and I got several eye rolls for requesting the key to the luggage room and inquiring about locker space. There aren´t even close to enough lockers for the whole building and the only other suposedly secure space for baggage was a room that everyone in the 500 person hostel had access to. The bed was so depressed in the center that I couldn´t sleep on it. Too loud.

• 25th Jan 2016

I would have liked some soap dispenser, but the services were already very good anyway.

Hi There! Thank you for giving us such a great rating! and thank you for such a good suggestion. We love that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you see you again next time you need somewhere to stay in London. Lucinda

Went to check in, was told bookings through hostel world was last priority and that my friend and I would have to be in split rooms, when we booked together. Was also told to wait 10 minutes, then they said they resolved the issue, yet we waited another 15 minutes. After this we got put together in a 10 bed mixed dorm when I booked a 6 bed mixed dorm and had to pay same price even though a 10 bed mixed dorm should be cheaper. Rooms were very small and humid with limited power points.

Hi there! Thank you for your email, I'm glad to hear we could resolve this issue and keep you together, apologies for the wait time our staff here try our very best to keep you together however as a very large hostel this may not always be the case. Due to availability prices may change, so please inform staff next time so we can let you know of any changes. Kind regards, Chloe

The hostel itself has a good setup and location and the staff were generally helpful and kind. However the huge size of the hostel and fact that many people are essentially living there for several months while looking for work is overwhelming. I did not feel 100% comfortable in the public areas including the chaos of breakfast, struggling to find a seat every day. My phone charger was also stolen from my room. Unfortunately all of this causes it to lack a friendly hostel vibe for travellers.

• 21st Jan 2016

Hi There! Thank you for taking the time to wright a review. I am so sorry to hear that you did you feel comfortable in the public areas as we try to create a warm, inviting and fun atmosphere. Breakfast can get a little chaotic at times but this is beauty of a hostel everyone gets mingles, I always suggest if you want to avoid the 'traffic' then you try to take breakfast between 7-8am. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again next time you need a place to stay in London. Regards, Lucinda

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7