Clock Inn Colombo Reviews

457, Galle Road, Colombo 03, Colombo, Sri Lanka

Very clean hostel, helpful staff.

everything was perfect :-)

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Lebanon

Great value place with a very good free breakfast. They also supply one of the finest free maps I have ever seen. Side note - nice little bakery 50 meters up the street

Nice clean place to stay, not far from fort. Staff really helpful and good free breakfast. Dorm rooms could do with locks on each door not just for that floor but there is a large locked assigned to each bed so at least somewhere safe to leave valuables. Overall good value for money.

wifi is poor and doesnt work in the rooms, and the computer near reception is frustratingly slow. Room was reasonably clean, but the bathroom needed a good scrubbing and sweep - I saw toenail clippings on the floor. Location was ok - we found there wasnt really a "good area" to stay in Colombo, the city is so spread out, so this location is as good as any. Plus tuk tuks are really cheap. Breakfast wasnt bad either.

Thank you for taking the review us. We are sorry that you experienced the Wifi to be slow, and this has been looked into. We have also ordered a replacement computer for our internet station after receiving feedback regarding its issues. Feedback is very important to us, and we promise to work harder to keep our bathrooms and premises as clean as possible. We hope that you had a great holiday in Sri Lanka and hope to see you again soon!

This was my second time to stay in the hostel, as I've said before they need locks in the main room and not just the floor. I was changing my clothes and one of the staff walked in he just like stared at me for 5 seconds before I told him to go away. The staff returned together with 2 maintenance workes who was gonna fix the aircon, this made me very uncomfortable, they could have simply move us to another room and start fixing the aircon, they had plenty of vacant rooms.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for this experience at Clock Inn Colombo. Privacy of our guests is one of the highest priorities for us and your experience has been addressed with our staff team. I promise that this will not happen to you or any of our future guests at Clock Inn. Thank you for taking the time to review us, your feedback will help us in improving our services. We hope that you had a great holiday in Sri Lanka, and hope that you get the opportunity to visit us once again.

Had bad experience. Asked if breakfast was included and was told it is. When we ate, price not mentioned, didn't see it anywhere. Informed at check-out that it's $5 each: extremely expensive for what we got. Dorm room prices were already high, getting gouged for another $10 was disappointing. Good security: Key cards to access floors and building. Clean, comfortable beds. Co-ed bathrooms were fine. Building is modern and attractive. AC + wifi are good. Staff friendly, but cost us $10. Too bad.

I sincerely apologize for the bad experience that you had at our hostel regarding breakfast. This is a careless error from our team and this has been addressed. The rates now on hostel world are inclusive of breakfast and I assure you that this will not happen again to you or any of our future guests. Once again, I apologize for the misinformation and if there is anyway for us to issue a refund for the breakfast, please email us. Apart from this mishap, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay!

Seems like a slightly dodgy area, not much happening but there are a couple of places to eat and a shopping centre fairly close by. Hostel was alright though we are pretty sure we ended up with bed bugs afterwards... Staff were helpful and friendly albeit a little shy.