Clock Inn Colombo Reviews

457, Galle Road, Colombo 03, Colombo, Sri Lanka

Nice clean place to stay, not far from fort. Staff really helpful and good free breakfast. Dorm rooms could do with locks on each door not just for that floor but there is a large locked assigned to each bed so at least somewhere safe to leave valuables. Overall good value for money.

wifi is poor and doesnt work in the rooms, and the computer near reception is frustratingly slow. Room was reasonably clean, but the bathroom needed a good scrubbing and sweep - I saw toenail clippings on the floor. Location was ok - we found there wasnt really a "good area" to stay in Colombo, the city is so spread out, so this location is as good as any. Plus tuk tuks are really cheap. Breakfast wasnt bad either.

Thank you for taking the review us. We are sorry that you experienced the Wifi to be slow, and this has been looked into. We have also ordered a replacement computer for our internet station after receiving feedback regarding its issues. Feedback is very important to us, and we promise to work harder to keep our bathrooms and premises as clean as possible. We hope that you had a great holiday in Sri Lanka and hope to see you again soon!

This was my second time to stay in the hostel, as I've said before they need locks in the main room and not just the floor. I was changing my clothes and one of the staff walked in he just like stared at me for 5 seconds before I told him to go away. The staff returned together with 2 maintenance workes who was gonna fix the aircon, this made me very uncomfortable, they could have simply move us to another room and start fixing the aircon, they had plenty of vacant rooms.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for this experience at Clock Inn Colombo. Privacy of our guests is one of the highest priorities for us and your experience has been addressed with our staff team. I promise that this will not happen to you or any of our future guests at Clock Inn. Thank you for taking the time to review us, your feedback will help us in improving our services. We hope that you had a great holiday in Sri Lanka, and hope that you get the opportunity to visit us once again.

Had bad experience. Asked if breakfast was included and was told it is. When we ate, price not mentioned, didn't see it anywhere. Informed at check-out that it's $5 each: extremely expensive for what we got. Dorm room prices were already high, getting gouged for another $10 was disappointing. Good security: Key cards to access floors and building. Clean, comfortable beds. Co-ed bathrooms were fine. Building is modern and attractive. AC + wifi are good. Staff friendly, but cost us $10. Too bad.

I sincerely apologize for the bad experience that you had at our hostel regarding breakfast. This is a careless error from our team and this has been addressed. The rates now on hostel world are inclusive of breakfast and I assure you that this will not happen again to you or any of our future guests. Once again, I apologize for the misinformation and if there is anyway for us to issue a refund for the breakfast, please email us. Apart from this mishap, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay!

Seems like a slightly dodgy area, not much happening but there are a couple of places to eat and a shopping centre fairly close by. Hostel was alright though we are pretty sure we ended up with bed bugs afterwards... Staff were helpful and friendly albeit a little shy.

Absolutely perfect place to stay when visiting Colombo. Clean, hot water, friendly and helpful staff - everything you need when arriving or departing Sri Lanka. I would recommend to anyone!

Thank you very much for your positive review! We are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you had a great holiday in Sri Lanka and hope to see you again soon! Happy Travels!

Very clean place with helpful staff.

Thank you for your positive review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Clock Inn Colombo!

This was a great place to stay in a great location. The staff were really helpful and the communal areas were really comfortable.

Thank you very much for your positive review! We hope that you had a great holiday in Sri Lanka and hope to see you back soon!

Very good hostel with clean rooms and facilities. Staff were professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I only have 2 suggestions: The option of single sex dorms? I (a girl) ended up in a dorm with 3 snoring men. Not ideal. In other hostels I have stayed at I have been given a complimentary map at check in which I think everyone appreciates.

• 26th Dec 2013

We are now working on making one dorm room all female and also stocking up on maps of Colombo to be picked up at the reception! Your feedback means a lot to us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back soon!

Very good place to stay in Colombo. There was a left luggage service which many guests including myself avail regularly. I stayed for a night first, but then went back twice. They usually don't provide breakfasts for people who have booked through Hostelworld, but those who come directly get breakfast for the same price in Sri lankan Rupees. Staff is courteous and it's a safe place to stay.

Thank you very much for your positive review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back for the 4th time!

The receptionist was very helpful, answering all our queries and providing great advice about where to go and how to move around. I'm in a very central location and the rooms are clean and spacious. Would definitely recommend it.

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Venezuela

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Clock Inn Colombo and hope to see you back soon!

Secure and clean, good for what you're paying for. Location a bit so-so as it is a while away from anything you want to see in Colombo, but at the same time you aren't paying top dollar. Couldn't find the staff member for about 30mins when I got in, which to be fair was very late. Wouldn't recommend it travelling alone and trying to meet people. No atmosphere so to speak of, communal area not really used as is out of the way. Overall would recommend for the right person.

We are sorry that you had to experience the delay at that time of the night. This is looked with the highest priority and we will ensure that this will not happen again to our future guests. We are sorry that you found the communal area to be out of the way, and quiet. November has been our most quiet month unfortunately. We hope you had a great holiday in Sri Lanka and hope that you get the opportunity to visit us again. Happy Travels!

It was ok for one or two nights. There's not much of an atmosphere and the manager was a bit abrupt, the rest of the staff were friendly. Not much going on in Colombo so i'd recommend just one night and then move on, there's so much else to see in the rest of Sri lanka.

We are sorry that you found our manager to be unfriendly. We will be sure to look into this and ensure that this does not happen again. We hope that you had a great holiday in Sri Lanka overall. Happy Travels!

Great hostel. Best value and facility in Colombo.

Thank you for your positive review! We hope you had a great journey around Sri Lanka and hope to see you back! Happy Travels!

Very professional and immaculate hostel