Cloud 9 Hostel Reviews

Rua Soeiro da Costa nº 9, Lagos, Portugal

Kind staff and very clean hostel.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Slovenia

Cloud 9 is by far the best hostel I have stayed in to date! As soon as you walk in you're greeted by the friendliest of staff. Skye is a legend! The girl can throw a sick pub crawl and will help you out with any question and offer you great travelling advice. It is always clean and it has great facilities to allow you to cook in the kitchen or relax on the couch and watch TV after a long day at the beach. I travelled alone but here I met some really great people, I didn't want to leave! Loved!

We loved Cloud 9. The only criticism I have is that there was no aircon or fan in our room (still worth the stay). They ran a pub crawl nearly every night we were there which was free and got us free drinks at various venues. The girl running it was lovely and made a real effort to get to know everyone. We were running late for the pub crawl one night and she came to our room to make sure we knew they were leaving. It was very clean, in the Old Town and a short walk from the beach.

Good common room and kitchen. Roof top was good for meeting new friends. Staff helpful and friendly. Wifi was good. Noisy at evening from the parties on the streets. Overall great experience

In the centre of town, however as it is close to pubs it can be very noisy at night.We booked a double room en suite, which was clean, however it was small, having access to the bed only in one side. There was also lack of hooks or rails to hang clothes or towels.There was no air con and only one small window which made the room excessively hot and uncomfortable.The bathroom was modern but very small, but was in full working order.Large terrace with lovely views, kitchen a bit dirty, good wifi.

Had an awesome stay at the hostel! Tiago and Skye were able to organise anything I was after. Good kitchen facilities and an awesome view from the rooftop! The pub crawl every night made it easy for me being a solo traveller to meet people and have some fun nights. Thanks guys, I'll be back!!

Location of the hostel is fantastic, has access to everything you need. Facilities were cleaned daily which was good. Staff were helpful when we needed help. A bit noisy as the hostel is right in the centre of the bar scene.

Great hostel. Fantastic location.

Cloud9 was a really cool hostel to stay at! Pros: Great location with friendly, helpful staff. Pub crawls were great fun and Skye ensured everyone had a great night! Beautiful views from top terrace. Cons: Could have a more social atmosphere and have a bar/music on the terrace.

Great hostel, very close to everything in Lagos. Staff super friendly and helpful. Skye's pub crawl is amazing and Lagos and Cloud 9 great place to party. Lots of fellow kiwis/Australians staying and super friendly relaxed environment. Amazing view from the roof top. Would definitely come back here!

Time we spent in Cloud 9 Hostel was great. Good localization, friendly staff, clean rooms, affordable prices.. all we needed :) We wholeheartedly recommend that place! Thank you! Monika, Stella & Marco

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Such an amazing hostel. Very clean, great location and the staff looked after us extremely well. We didn't want to leave. Will recommend this hostel to anyone travelling to Lagos. I will be back.

The hostel was a little tricky to find without Google maps but once I found it it was great! Pretty simple place but thats really all you need when you're out all day anyways. Bathroom was clean and lockers were available in the hallway near bedroom when you want to lock up valuables during the day. A new minutes away from the beach and close to all the shops and restaurants. Thanks for a great stay! I will definitely come back if I'm in Lagos again!

in party/shopping center of Lagos! amazing view from the balcony and not so far to the nearest beach (praia batata). Rooms were cleaned every day and bathrooms were brand new (at least in my room).

The main staff was really nice but the maid was really rude. The wifi was pretty good and the location was perfect! It's really clean and the bathrooms were great! I recommend.

The bathrooms were very nice, clean and practical. Big kitchen upstairs so it's a good point. It's not a party hostel but there are plenty of bars around it. The hostel is close to the beach so that's nice.

It is a very nice hostel, the rooms are clean and it is a very nice location. Great roof top terrace. It might have just been the time we stayed (end of May) but there was hardly any staff. Very hard to get a hold of and they didn't care about starting anything up at the hostel until June. This was not advertised. No pub crawls and had to be extremely quiet by 11. Couldn't even come back to the hostel unless you were going to bed. Disappointed but could be better in summer.

Great hostel in centre of town. Close to everything! Rooftop entertainment area! Really clean bathrooms and bedrooms. Overall, will recommend to family and friends. Very happy!

Perfect location in the middle of the old town! Cheap rates, great staff and there are always cleaning staff making their way around the hostel multiple times a day. Small dorms but the balcony, two rooftop terraces and common area are really spacious and have a good vibe/view!

I loved this hostel! It's in a perfect location, not to mention the hostel is really nice, very clean and great bathrooms!! The staff were so kind and helpful. You can't get much better then that! I'll definitley be back!

• 25th Apr 2015