Cloud 9 Hostel Reviews

Rua Soeiro da Costa nº 9, Lagos, Portugal

This hostal has a well earned, excellent reputation. Only good things to say. Even though its in the middle of all the action that can go all night, there are well thought out noise suppressors (thick windows, solid secondary doors) so one doesn't get caught up in the noise if it becomes an issue. Loved the place, the cleanliness and the extra nice staff.

Very friendly hostel that has balconies on the rooms and a rooftop with an amazing view. Staff are very helpful and are able to give you lots of suggestions for places to eat and go. Felt very much at home here.

Epic hostel, pub crawls every night serioysly awesome

Perfect location as it's located in historic center - close to the bar district and beaches. Our rooms were spacey and the bathroom was clean! Staff were very helpful during our stay and we couldn't ask for more. The only problem is it isn't really good for early sleepers - but as long as you have earplugs you will be fine. Thank you Cloud9 hostel for your nice hospitality ! :)

Great location and very friendly, helpful staff. Had a 4 bed dorm that was spacious, ensuite, with big lockers but it was on the ground floor and the window opened onto the pedestrian street so no privacy or security (no screen or bars). There was a full kitchen and cozy common area that opened on to a terrace overlooking the Old Town. There's also a roof terrace. Two computers available. Be aware that gulls screech at 6:30 every morning (not just at the hostel) so ear plugs may be a good idea.

This hostel was a bit disappointing. It was not really clean and what bothers me the most are the toilets. They are so small that you can barely move. The showers have transparent glass and there are shampoos and there are razors in there too. This was kind of gross. But the staff was really nice.

Skye who runs the pub crawls is awesome! Good size hostel in a very central location. Only downside is there was only one shared toilet and shower on our floor, and my towel and shampoo and conditioner were stolen. Otherwise I highly recommend

All round great hostel. Close to beach

Great hostel!

Where to start.......this hostel was great!! Skye was good fun!! She can lead a good pub crawl!! We loved our stay!! From the brissy boys

• 22nd Aug 2014

the staff were amazing, first time travelling alone and felt so comfortable. such a good start to the trip :)

• 19th Aug 2014

It's not crash hot as the reviews say

Loved my stay at cloud nine, great atmosphere, helpful and friendly staff, spacious rooms and clean facilities. Location was perfect. Sky's pub crawls were awesome and Skye herself went over the top to make sure we all had an amazing time. My favourite hostel in my whole euro trip, I will be back!

Had a really great time here at the hostel. Really friendly staff, especially with carlee ( cloud 9 receptionist ) carlee cooked us dinner and lunches and taught us how to cook and knew a lot about the town. Thiago and Skye were very helpful too. The maids who cleaned everyday, made it very clean. We will come back again guys! Keep up the great team work!

• 14th Aug 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. The beds are comfortable, my room (the 4 beds mixed room) was big with a great terrace, everything from the room to the kitchen was very clean. There is a kickass rooftop terrace that is perfect for starting the night, with an amazing view of Lagos. And it is very well located, just in the center, very close to the bars! Stop searching hostels, book this one. !

I had a great three night stay at this hostel, was in a great location close to the beaches and nightlife, the rooms were big with own balconies, the nightly pub crawl with Skye was a lot of fun and good way to meet fellow travellers. Would highly recommend and I will definitely stay here again.

Skye was so good in along sure everyone had a great time with free pub crawls every night! Great way to get everyone together at the hostel and have a big night! Staff were also great at helping organise buses an tours etc. The hostel is in a great location with clean beds and bathrooms. Definitely recommend! Thanks Skye!

Amazing hostel!! Skye and thiago are the best!! Really clean hostel, very nice bathrooms and kitchen and pub crawl every night! Do it!!

We had so much fun at cloud 9! Nicest staff, always so helping!! Perfect set up, clean bathroom.. the rooftop was a perfect hang out for music, drinking, watching the sunset every night! Created such a family atmosphere among all the guests so everyone became friends easily and was all very welcoming! Was by far the best hostel ive stayed at and would strongly recommend to anyone as i plan to return myself!

• 11th Jul 2014

Perfect hostel! As a solo traveller it was so easy to meet people through nightly pub crawls, booze cruise and rooftop deck. Staff were beyond amazing! I would stay again and highly recommend

← Back to search results