Clown and Bard Reviews

Borivojova 102, Prague 3, Zizkov, Prague, Czech Republic

There is nothing inherently wrong with this hostel. My rating is low because of the smoke in the main areas, the light that didn't work in the shower, the fact that I couldn't sit up on the bottom bunk without hitting my head on the top bunk, and the facilities didn't seem the cleanest. After moving to a cheaper hostel across town, with far more cleanliness, space, and amenities, I can't help but give Clown and Bard a low review. The staff was super nice and helpful.

• 25th Oct 2014

One of the most interesting and brilliant hostels I have had the pleasure of staying at! The staff go above and beyond to make you feel at home, but be carefull, you might just end up staying for a while. Regards a future return customer.

• 18th Oct 2014

I've been there two years ago and loved it.

• 18th Oct 2014

This is the best Hostel I have lived in in the past 2 months of my travel in europe. I have said everything.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • India

Most social hostel ever

My second time in this amazing hostel. The lobby pub is my favorite hangout in the city; it feels like home. I could spend months there comfortably. Best staff in the game. You'll love this place

Excellent location, easy to access city centre and in an area with many cool bars. Bar in the hostel itself and a garden outside, good for meeting people. This is definitely a party hostel. Fairly clean rooms with lockers in them. Tiny, dirty kitchen that we did not use. One shower for the 14 people in our room, but we managed.

PLUS: Hostel is quite cheap, close to Old Town and Main Railway Station. Lots of pubs, restaurants and markets around. A big garden and nice atmosphere in hostel's bar. MINUS: Kitchen was on the corridor next to room, with no rules of using it whatsoever. Some people didn't turn off gas , some where cooking in the middle of the night (1a.m., 5a.m.), you could hear them talking and pots crashing loudly - no way to catch some sleep. Toilet was opening straight to the kitchen - not very hygienic

The bar area is incredibly smoky, but has an equally incredible atmosphere on a busy night!

This hostel has a nice NYC grunge bar charm to it. The staff is very helpful. The atmosphere they create is great for socializing(inside & outside). I would recommend this hostel.

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at Clown and Bard! The reception was in a bar which was a Bit deterrent in the beginning, but the staff was friendly and our room was cosy, we feeled like at home. There are free lockers and a luggage room and it takes max. 15 minutes by feet to the city center.

Got to say this is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Great vibe , everybody is hanging out in the bar and socialising, which is rare in some hostels. Good location, close to the main station. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Prague !

The Clown and Bard is of course too legendary to sum up in a comment. Visitied it originally at the end of last century and it always retains it's charm - the bar downstairs is simply legendary - the hostel bar to end all hostel bars. The rooms and all that stuff may not be as awesome - but you don't really come to this place to sleep, there are other hostels for that.

This is what every hostel should be. Grungy, cheap and fun. The staff are wonderful and the bar is perfect for socialising.

The best hostel on our trip through Europe. Staff and the atmosphere was amazing. The pub crawls were definitely worth it. Would recommend it to anyone going to Prague

• 13th Aug 2014

We enjoy our permanence, first because of the great atmosphere in the pub (very nice music's choice!!!)... the room was anonymous, but silent and quite good.

• 12th Aug 2014

The Clown and Bard is a very special place. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and the staff are some of the coolest people that you'll find and they're all incredibly helpful. They do pub crawls a couple times a week, and go to some really great bars. I fell in love with the neighborhood as well. Lots of delicious inexpensive food and friendly faces. Go see them! They'll make you feel like you're with family, an invaluable experience when you're in a new place.

• 12th Aug 2014

Fellow travelers. if you want to prepare for your backpacking trip through Somalia, this is a perfect place to start your preparation. The 3 nights we stayed the hostel allowed us to experience third world situations at a very reasonable price.. No internet on first day, no warm water on the second and no electricity on the third. The rooms were in abysmal condition, not clean at all, the lockers in bad shape, and the electric points in the room, 4 for a room of 12 people. It was very cheap

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

A nice place with very Nice staff and a super atmosphere. Many activities like pubcrawl.

The hostel is not located in the centre of the city. The water was always cold when taking a shower. The room was okay and we even had two toilets, but the cleanliness was not that good. This hostel is more suitable for party-looking friend groups than couples. I liked the possibility to have breakfast at the hostel. The staff was nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3