Clown and Bard Reviews

Borivojova 102, Prague 3, Zizkov, Prague, Czech Republic

'Reception' looks like a grubby back street pub thick with smoke, pictures of the rooms must need updating because mine was nothing like them, the 2 guys in my room were smoking constantly and doing drugs IN the room, all my items stunk I didn't feel safe at all and they kept me up all night in and out of the room

Kitchen hasn't got a table or chairs so you must go to your bedroom or reception - reception which is an smoking area although it doesn't have good and natural ventilation. Quite noisy, the staff party until late in the night even working days. My advice is to get earplugs before coming! Regarding to cleanliness, I think that saying nothing tells you all. The staff was noche and kind, but better less noisy in the night.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Spain

Loved it :D great staff and atmosphere really made my time in Prague. Definitely will come back :)

• 25th Nov 2014

Smoking in the only common area available. You couldn't sit anywhere to socialize without having your close stink. Even eating breakfast without stinking of smoke all day was impossible. the place was god for how cheap it was but it needs a serious make over.

I and my friends had really very nice stay in your hostel, very friendly atmosphere and nice people. For sure we'll visit you one more time!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Romania

The bar area down stairs is great, a lot of outsiders come in for a drink so your always meeting new people. On the other hand of actually staying there, I wouldn't recommend it. Our room had so many bed bugs, we told the staff 3 times, nothing was done (we were there for a week) then finally got told, everywhere has bed bugs, hotels, hostels ect and there nothing to worry about. What a joke! I've traveled for the last 12 months and that is a first.

One of the nicest Hostels I eve stayed at, the people there make you feel like home and it's simply a great fun hanging out at the bar. I also loved the lively neighbor hood filled with great bars and restaurants where you can experience some authentic Czech food. I loved everything about the hostel, it's charm, the people who work there, the people staying there...if I ever go back to Prague I wouldn't want to go anywhere else!

• 25th Oct 2014

There is nothing inherently wrong with this hostel. My rating is low because of the smoke in the main areas, the light that didn't work in the shower, the fact that I couldn't sit up on the bottom bunk without hitting my head on the top bunk, and the facilities didn't seem the cleanest. After moving to a cheaper hostel across town, with far more cleanliness, space, and amenities, I can't help but give Clown and Bard a low review. The staff was super nice and helpful.

• 25th Oct 2014

A good hostel to crash at. The beds weren't the best but it was good to come back to. Not a great location but not far from the tram. It was kind of gloomy, like dark in the hostel which was kind of weird. Not many lights on in the main room. Wifi was okay, in and out sometimes. I had one cold shower, but otherwise it was fine. There are no ladders or steps for the top bunks so get a bottom bunk. Breakfast for 2 euro which wasn't bad.

The dorms were fine, but the only communal area was the bar and it was smoky, dark and the air was quite sickly..

One of the most interesting and brilliant hostels I have had the pleasure of staying at! The staff go above and beyond to make you feel at home, but be carefull, you might just end up staying for a while. Regards a future return customer.

• 18th Oct 2014

I've been there two years ago and loved it.

• 18th Oct 2014

This is the best Hostel I have lived in in the past 2 months of my travel in europe. I have said everything.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • India

Clowd and Bard had a weird vibe but we were only there one night so maybe if you stay longer it changes. There were a TON of stairs and the lockers were pretty small and in a very inconvieient spot. The shower was open right next to the toilet so the whole room got very moist, so that was weird. Seemed like the lounge/ bar area was cool though, but we didn't spend time there. Also kind of far from downtown Prague, but not hard to get to via metro. Overall an interesting spot.

Most social hostel ever

My second time in this amazing hostel. The lobby pub is my favorite hangout in the city; it feels like home. I could spend months there comfortably. Best staff in the game. You'll love this place

Excellent location, easy to access city centre and in an area with many cool bars. Bar in the hostel itself and a garden outside, good for meeting people. This is definitely a party hostel. Fairly clean rooms with lockers in them. Tiny, dirty kitchen that we did not use. One shower for the 14 people in our room, but we managed.

PLUS: Hostel is quite cheap, close to Old Town and Main Railway Station. Lots of pubs, restaurants and markets around. A big garden and nice atmosphere in hostel's bar. MINUS: Kitchen was on the corridor next to room, with no rules of using it whatsoever. Some people didn't turn off gas , some where cooking in the middle of the night (1a.m., 5a.m.), you could hear them talking and pots crashing loudly - no way to catch some sleep. Toilet was opening straight to the kitchen - not very hygienic

The bar area is incredibly smoky, but has an equally incredible atmosphere on a busy night!

This hostel has a nice NYC grunge bar charm to it. The staff is very helpful. The atmosphere they create is great for socializing(inside & outside). I would recommend this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3