Clown and Bard Reviews

Borivojova 102, Prague 3, Zizkov, Prague, Czech Republic

Staff were really friendly and lovely! Great facilities! Fab atmosphere and bar, brilliant music played all the time. Enjoyed my stay

Security was great. They had lockers, a safe, and so many keys it'll take you a long time to figure out how to get in your room. The bar is great. Lots of interesting people and cheap beer. The staff is friendly and incredibly helpful. There are lots of great and inexpensive restaurants in the area. The best Mexican food I've had in Europe is right down the road (Little Mexico). Breakfast is a good deal too. This was my 3rd time in Prague and 4th hostel in Prague. My favorite hostel in Prague!

Great Hostel. Very good staff. Nice Atmosphere. Easy to get to the centre. Thanks clown and bard for a great time in Prague!

The staff at the Clown and Bard are utterly amazing! So friendly and so helpful. There was an amazing Croatian girl (I think her name was Nina) who was helping my group out, she was a real treat. She was lovely and smiley, gave us all the details we needed and then let us enjoy our time there with little interference unless we needed help; much like all the staff there. This was perfectly matched with the completely relaxed environment in a very chill area. Perfect for University students.

• 13th Jun 2015

Clown and bard is a great hostel! I've been to many and this is one of my favorites! The staff was amazing, the bar was awesome and had live music when I was there! Great facilities! I felt very at home. Thanks clown and bard for a great time in Prague!

I liked v much this hostel because is v cheap and is still in the centre, the stuff was v nice, especially Camilo, he always helped me and let me to stay in the hostel till 3am and even woke me up to not lose tge bus)) I strongly recommend this hostel to everyone )

The staff at the hotel were absolutely amazing. They were quick to help us with planning our day, with good suggestion, maps and all sorts. Very cheerful and approachable. The room was on the 5th floor which was a bit painful, and could have used with an early notification. Still, the room was clean, spacious and bed comfortable (sort of), a bit wobbly. Overall, I am satisfied not over the moon. Thank you clown and bard for making my stay a great one :)

The room should be cleaned and fresh but this one wasnt. I couldnt breathe because of dust. Staines on the bedlinen dirty walls

• 1st May 2015
  • Poland

great location!! very friendly staff! clean place! nice bar for meeting people

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Serbia

The hostel was untidy , beds and pillows are looked worst like thrown in streets. no hot water in toilet taps. I had a very bad experience.

This hostel was SO dirty and honestly was difficult to stay in without cringing. The only reason my friends and I continued to stay here is because we are poor college students who couldn't waste money moving somewhere else. DO NOT stay here if you have any kind of cleanliness standards because I found the rooms, floors, bathrooms and sheets absolutley disgusting. The pillows (which I wouldn't use in fear of getting some sort of disease) had dried blood on them.

• 26th Mar 2015

Thank You for Your comment, we are in the process of changing some things and we appreciate Your input. New pillows are already in the rooms.

The first night was fine at the hostel. But the second night one of our "suite mates" got up in the middle of the night and was causing a disturbance. He kept turning the lights on, walking around and even was touching other people's belongings. My friend and I felt so uncomfortable that we slept the rest of the night on the chairs outside the office. There was no 24 hour reception so we had no where else to stay the night, and if something serious had happened no one was there to help.

I am sorry that this happen. The next morning we were told that the person in Your room was disturbing other guests and going over other peoples belongings, so he was checked out of the hostel. Regarding the 24hour reception, that week we were working on some renovation in our reception/bar area so we had a temporary reception that didn't work during the night. If we have known we would have given You a new room immediately. Again we are really sorry about Your experience.

The hostel is in a very good location with loads of nice cafes and bars to go to, so you can stay out until 5 without having to get a taxi back :) On the down side when we went the reception was not open on time at 7.30 in the morning, so we couldn't get our deposit back. There was also very loud drilling on our second morning due to renovation work which meant we couldn't sleep. However, after speaking to staff at the hostel they gave us another room where the sound couldnt be heard :)

• 17th Feb 2015

Was booked for 2 nights, but checked out after one.. The beds were terrible... worst I've slept in. mattresses were very thin and the rooms looked REALLY dated... Didn't use the bathroom facilities because it was honestly too dirty... I wil say tho, the bar was really cool. set out like a 1920's style and had that warm jazz feel to it. if anything i would go just for the bar. The staff were friendly all in all if your on a budget & don't mind roughing it sleep wise, its a great vibe.

• 12th Jan 2015

Nice staff, cheap beer, late open bar, rooms basic could maybe do with an upgrade but overall good value for money and a fun stay