Clown and Bard Reviews

Borivojova 102, Prague 3, Zizkov, Prague, Czech Republic

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Everything is very closeby from the hostels. There are grocery stores, bars and most of the Tourist attractions around.. The staff was amazing, they are very friendly and helpful. They are available for you 24/7 and they dont even mind if you need something at even 4 in the morning.

Nice cheap place to stay. They didn't take credit cards so get your cash ready.

Smelled like smoke the entire time. The people who stay there are not the type you want to be hanging around. We checked out after the first night because we hated it so much. STAY AT HOSTEL ONE!!! Our roommate was on some sort of hard drugs and freaked us out. The environment is sketchy and is not warm and welcoming. The "garden" is just a bunch of weeds with poor furniture. I would not recommend this place to anyone ever. Do yourself a favor and cancel your reservation now.

nicest staff ever

Great stay! Friendly stafff and nice atmosphere at the bar downstairs..Met some great people and I even jammed on the piano.I'll be back very soon!Thanks

• 13th Sep 2015
  • South Africa

The worst hostel I have ever stayed. The sheets was dirty everywhere in dirt. It was terrible

Nice experience.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Montenegro

very nice hostel. the staff ist very polite and helpfull, when asing about directions etc. we stayed in a 6 bed dorm, which was very clean, and quiet. we shared a kitchen, bathroom and a toilet with two other rooms. the wi-fi was very good. the hostel has a garden/tarrace where you can eat and drink and meet other people, especially at night time and when sitting together in the bar and then leaving in a group to some clubs or bars or old tonw square. we loved our stay there!

• 12th Aug 2015

Good atmosphere and pretty good location, nice staff. The cleanliness could really be improved, but it's still ok. Finally, the value for money is quite fair.

This isn't a modern hostel, the showers were fine, dirty in places. The kitchen was AWFUL, can't cook there which was a real downside. The bar is good and it's a short walk to transport.

We have been in four hostels in Rome,. Prague, Budapest and Venice and Clown and Bard was the best.. The staff is is just fantastic: . I will recommend it to everybody who goes to Prague I had a wonderful time there. .Thaks again for everytihing!!

I was glad I didn't have much stuff as it was a bit of a hike up a few flights of stairs but nice view once you get there! Kitchen and bathroom by each set of rooms which was good. Easy 15 or so minute walk down into old town.

Common room are dirty. Not enough toilets and not enough cleaned. Worth 10€/night. Not recommended

• 4th Aug 2015

Thank You for Your comment. You booked a 14 bed dorm and decided on arrival that the room was too croweded and dirty. You changed for a double room with a private bathroom and in the end didnt stay in the dorm rooms at all. Our shared facilities are cleand at least twice daily, but also depend on the cleanliness of the guests and their behaviour. We would apprecite if You rated the room You actually stayed in. Best regards from the Clown and Bard staff

Excellent atmosphere with in-hostel bar that makes it easy to meet and have a great time with fellow travelers. I'll be staying here a 2nd time within a month. Staff was super friendly and helpful. In addition, special shout out to Donatella for being so patient & cheerful and her excellent & precise recommendations...

The hostel was really fun and laid back. I would recommend for travelers who are pretty low maintenance and just looking for a place to sleep and maybe hang out and meet new people. Everyone is really friendly and it has a really social atmosphere. Not the most modern/nice hostel to stay at if you're looking for something really new and clean, but it's a fun hostel to be at.

Decent place-a little far from the metro and downtown and place seemed somewhat filthy-but staff was helpful

Nice staff, nice atmosphere! i´m more than satisfied :))

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Staff was great and the bar downstairs was fun. The downsides: (1) Hostel was far from downtown and metro was bit of a hike (2) Facilities we're old. You had to hold the shower nozzle with your hand to take a shower, wifi was poor, and no outlets in the rooms.

It was an excellent location to stay in with very friendly staff. The hostel was much bigger than expected which meant there were alot of people around so the place was never too quiet. However our room was filthy and looked like it had never been cleaned properly, there was a layer of dust and dirt everywhere got on your socks as you walked. Your duvet and pillow was disgusting and had stains all over them and the bed linen given was old and uncomfortable. I would not stay again.

Has a very cool bar and a garden, enjoyed my stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3