Clown and Bard Reviews

Borivojova 102, Prague 3, Zizkov, Prague, Czech Republic

Smoking in the only common area available. You couldn't sit anywhere to socialize without having your close stink. Even eating breakfast without stinking of smoke all day was impossible. the place was god for how cheap it was but it needs a serious make over.

I and my friends had really very nice stay in your hostel, very friendly atmosphere and nice people. For sure we'll visit you one more time!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Romania

The bar area down stairs is great, a lot of outsiders come in for a drink so your always meeting new people. On the other hand of actually staying there, I wouldn't recommend it. Our room had so many bed bugs, we told the staff 3 times, nothing was done (we were there for a week) then finally got told, everywhere has bed bugs, hotels, hostels ect and there nothing to worry about. What a joke! I've traveled for the last 12 months and that is a first.

One of the nicest Hostels I eve stayed at, the people there make you feel like home and it's simply a great fun hanging out at the bar. I also loved the lively neighbor hood filled with great bars and restaurants where you can experience some authentic Czech food. I loved everything about the hostel, it's charm, the people who work there, the people staying there...if I ever go back to Prague I wouldn't want to go anywhere else!

• 25th Oct 2014

There is nothing inherently wrong with this hostel. My rating is low because of the smoke in the main areas, the light that didn't work in the shower, the fact that I couldn't sit up on the bottom bunk without hitting my head on the top bunk, and the facilities didn't seem the cleanest. After moving to a cheaper hostel across town, with far more cleanliness, space, and amenities, I can't help but give Clown and Bard a low review. The staff was super nice and helpful.

• 25th Oct 2014

One of the most interesting and brilliant hostels I have had the pleasure of staying at! The staff go above and beyond to make you feel at home, but be carefull, you might just end up staying for a while. Regards a future return customer.

• 18th Oct 2014

I've been there two years ago and loved it.

• 18th Oct 2014

This is the best Hostel I have lived in in the past 2 months of my travel in europe. I have said everything.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • India

Clowd and Bard had a weird vibe but we were only there one night so maybe if you stay longer it changes. There were a TON of stairs and the lockers were pretty small and in a very inconvieient spot. The shower was open right next to the toilet so the whole room got very moist, so that was weird. Seemed like the lounge/ bar area was cool though, but we didn't spend time there. Also kind of far from downtown Prague, but not hard to get to via metro. Overall an interesting spot.

Most social hostel ever

My second time in this amazing hostel. The lobby pub is my favorite hangout in the city; it feels like home. I could spend months there comfortably. Best staff in the game. You'll love this place

Excellent location, easy to access city centre and in an area with many cool bars. Bar in the hostel itself and a garden outside, good for meeting people. This is definitely a party hostel. Fairly clean rooms with lockers in them. Tiny, dirty kitchen that we did not use. One shower for the 14 people in our room, but we managed.

PLUS: Hostel is quite cheap, close to Old Town and Main Railway Station. Lots of pubs, restaurants and markets around. A big garden and nice atmosphere in hostel's bar. MINUS: Kitchen was on the corridor next to room, with no rules of using it whatsoever. Some people didn't turn off gas , some where cooking in the middle of the night (1a.m., 5a.m.), you could hear them talking and pots crashing loudly - no way to catch some sleep. Toilet was opening straight to the kitchen - not very hygienic

The bar area is incredibly smoky, but has an equally incredible atmosphere on a busy night!

This hostel has a nice NYC grunge bar charm to it. The staff is very helpful. The atmosphere they create is great for socializing(inside & outside). I would recommend this hostel.

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at Clown and Bard! The reception was in a bar which was a Bit deterrent in the beginning, but the staff was friendly and our room was cosy, we feeled like at home. There are free lockers and a luggage room and it takes max. 15 minutes by feet to the city center.

Got to say this is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Great vibe , everybody is hanging out in the bar and socialising, which is rare in some hostels. Good location, close to the main station. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Prague !

The Clown and Bard is of course too legendary to sum up in a comment. Visitied it originally at the end of last century and it always retains it's charm - the bar downstairs is simply legendary - the hostel bar to end all hostel bars. The rooms and all that stuff may not be as awesome - but you don't really come to this place to sleep, there are other hostels for that.

This is what every hostel should be. Grungy, cheap and fun. The staff are wonderful and the bar is perfect for socialising.

The best hostel on our trip through Europe. Staff and the atmosphere was amazing. The pub crawls were definitely worth it. Would recommend it to anyone going to Prague

• 13th Aug 2014