Clown and Bard Reviews

Borivojova 102, Prague 3, Zizkov, Prague, Czech Republic

Very good hostel-atmosphere with a great and cheap bar, different social arrangements (BBQ, movienight, pubcrawl) and a very friendly, outgoing staff. Wi-fi only Worked on the stairs, the bathrooms and toilets weren't cleaned everyday and people party a lot, so be prepared to wake up a couple of times in the night ...... Good location surrounded by Many nice and cheap restaurants :-) would stay here again - but I only recommend it for young people.

I'd definitely stay again in this place. If your a lonely or group traveller, this is your hostal.

This is by far the best hostel to stay in in prague. Staff is awesome and knowledgable and are cool to talk to. It's also a very social hostel so if you like to be social I really recommend it. It's probably not for couples with kids though.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Poland

In the whole, a good hostel. It's recommended for those who want to make friends with other travellers. To be improved: the kitchen is not very well equipped, wifi connection is a bit unstable. Most importantly, please state clearly, when you ask for the deposit, your policy regarding late check-out.

Not the cleanest or closest to town centre, but the staff and atmosphere makes up for it! It's close to some nice bars and restaurants too

Right in the city centre, Great atmosphere of the hostel and dirt cheap drinks. Had a great time would go back again!

Loud, not so well facilitated with wifi troubles. Good open hours and great bar. Not to clean, and neither in a great location. An inconvenient deposit that leaves you with remaining cash the day upon departure.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Even though we lived on the 9th floor (no elevator) it was a blast! GREAT people working there, friendly and helpful. Top notch atmosphere if you like the underground feeling. All night-partying and cheap drinks, close to plenty of bars/beer gardens and a lovely park nearby were you can see the whole city. Do it!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Sweden

About a 20 minute walk from the centre but close to the station. Cooking facilities and bathroom facilities were cleanish but not extensive- one pan, a fork and 2 plates in the kitchen. Dark reception at the bar which had a nice atmosphere at night, although I'm fairly sure the staff were high for most of the time we were there!

Really enjoyed this hostel. Great, chill atmosphere that was a really nice change from many other hostels. The staff is friendly and helpful and the crowd that hangs at the bar in the evening is a fun one. Really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again.

Very close to the station about a 15 minute walk! Prague in general is VERY hilly, so store all big luggage at the train station. It took us 102 steps to get to our room- and we were only halfway to the top, so....keep that in mind! The place is due for a DEEP cleaning, its pretty grungy The staff was AMAZING. Were genuinely concerned with our well-being, loaded us up with water if we lolooked dehydrated, and were very informative. I left my scarf at the hostel, and they mailed it back, free!!

The location is good but not great. The rooms weren't clean,probably because it has been occupied by permanent hostelers and the furniture is terrible. Everytime I got on my bed it felt as if the bed is going to break .The WIFI is horrible,speed even slower than 128kbps when it connects .However the staff compensates for it.They are friendly and the atmosphere is lively in the bar.You can't expect a good sleep there.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • India

It was the nicest hostel we could´ve imagine!! the staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. it´s very close to the tram and metro station and there are some restaurants and supermarkets in the neighborhood. furthermore the hostel has a very nice bar in which you can use the free wifi. we loved it and it broke our hearts to leave after 4 days!!

• 6th Jun 2014

Clown and Bard was a really cool hostel, the staff were all so nice and helpful (Jeremy's the best bartender in the world ;)) The beer was cheap and the facilities were all adequate. The reviews complain alot about the smoking inside, but its the same as every bar in Prague. Can't wait to go back again!

When I first walked into this hostel, I thought "ew, what sh** hole did I book my stay at". It smelt like an ashtray the entire time I was there but if you are into partying and meeting really cool people, this is the place for you. I loved the staff and miss them to this day! The people I met there were incredibly fun as well. I liked that the partying wasn't forced in this hostel as it is in many other "party hostels". Loved my stay here. All it was was partying!

They let me play music which is a great feeling when you stay at a hostel. Me and Floor, the awesome receptionist who had plenty of time for me, got fairly drunk one of the nights. That was fun! Cant remember much but thats the way it should be. Im here again despite the fact that im not staying here tonight - what can i say, its a great place to hang out and sort out the hangover.....and get another one. Some craic!

• 23rd May 2014

I didn't really have a good experience here. I wouldn't recommend it.

The Clown and Bard is actually the greatest hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff and the environment are fantastic. They are super friendly and helpful and know all the hotspots in Zizkov and Prague. As a solo traveller they were cool enough to invite me out to whatever they had planned which of course was an absolute blast. Neil, Jeremy, Alexia, Floor, Greg, and everyone else were so awesome. They even managed to convince me to stay three extra nights. I almost didn't leave!

• 20th May 2014
  • suzanne47

It was the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Great people, great staff and great atmosphere!

Nice, cheap hostel. Drink at the bar with the staff and enjoy the decent WiFi with limited range (didn't get a signal in my room). A bit of a walk to downtown, but near public transport. Some good local dining nearby.