Clown and Bard Reviews

Borivojova 102, Prague 3, Zizkov, Prague, Czech Republic

The first night was fine at the hostel. But the second night one of our "suite mates" got up in the middle of the night and was causing a disturbance. He kept turning the lights on, walking around and even was touching other people's belongings. My friend and I felt so uncomfortable that we slept the rest of the night on the chairs outside the office. There was no 24 hour reception so we had no where else to stay the night, and if something serious had happened no one was there to help.

The hostel is in a very good location with loads of nice cafes and bars to go to, so you can stay out until 5 without having to get a taxi back :) On the down side when we went the reception was not open on time at 7.30 in the morning, so we couldn't get our deposit back. There was also very loud drilling on our second morning due to renovation work which meant we couldn't sleep. However, after speaking to staff at the hostel they gave us another room where the sound couldnt be heard :)

• 17th Feb 2015

Was booked for 2 nights, but checked out after one.. The beds were terrible... worst I've slept in. mattresses were very thin and the rooms looked REALLY dated... Didn't use the bathroom facilities because it was honestly too dirty... I wil say tho, the bar was really cool. set out like a 1920's style and had that warm jazz feel to it. if anything i would go just for the bar. The staff were friendly all in all if your on a budget & don't mind roughing it sleep wise, its a great vibe.

• 12th Jan 2015

Nice staff, cheap beer, late open bar, rooms basic could maybe do with an upgrade but overall good value for money and a fun stay

The check in time was quite late, but in general it's accepable, easy access to the center. Recommended. :)

Pretty far from city center, staff was a bit hostile ( old man) breakfast was cheap, beds were really uncomfortable, bathrooms are REALLY small..

The staff are very helpful and always available! Gave us great suggestions for places to eat and go to and transport instructions always with a smile :) The only downside to this place was the smoky atmosphere, the entrance of the hostel is actually like an underground pub, so if we were having breakfast or we wanted to hang out in the common area (where the wifi actually worked) we'd have to get intoxicated with all the smoke. Definitely not a place for non-smokers! It was cheap though.

No hot water nor heater working. The dirtiest one I have ever seen.

Stay away from this hostel! Very dirty and bad located. Bathrooms are disgusting, the sheets that they gave me had blood all over it. Also had a bad experience with bed bugs in this hostel. The location is far from being good, big ladders to reach the hostel. The bar and atmosphere is just ok, you can find much better options in Prague paying the same or even less.

'Reception' looks like a grubby back street pub thick with smoke, pictures of the rooms must need updating because mine was nothing like them, the 2 guys in my room were smoking constantly and doing drugs IN the room, all my items stunk I didn't feel safe at all and they kept me up all night in and out of the room

Kitchen hasn't got a table or chairs so you must go to your bedroom or reception - reception which is an smoking area although it doesn't have good and natural ventilation. Quite noisy, the staff party until late in the night even working days. My advice is to get earplugs before coming! Regarding to cleanliness, I think that saying nothing tells you all. The staff was noche and kind, but better less noisy in the night.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Spain

Loved it :D great staff and atmosphere really made my time in Prague. Definitely will come back :)

• 25th Nov 2014

Can complain because we paid 4 euros a night so it got the job done... However the entrance is so creepy thought I might be taken (like the movie)...Beds and bathroom are kinda weird (terrible pillow and hospital type sheets)... They were very nice and exchange our money for us! If ur low maintenance go for it... Location not good, too far From center not much happening around it.

Smoking in the only common area available. You couldn't sit anywhere to socialize without having your close stink. Even eating breakfast without stinking of smoke all day was impossible. the place was god for how cheap it was but it needs a serious make over.

I and my friends had really very nice stay in your hostel, very friendly atmosphere and nice people. For sure we'll visit you one more time!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Romania

The bar area down stairs is great, a lot of outsiders come in for a drink so your always meeting new people. On the other hand of actually staying there, I wouldn't recommend it. Our room had so many bed bugs, we told the staff 3 times, nothing was done (we were there for a week) then finally got told, everywhere has bed bugs, hotels, hostels ect and there nothing to worry about. What a joke! I've traveled for the last 12 months and that is a first.

One of the nicest Hostels I eve stayed at, the people there make you feel like home and it's simply a great fun hanging out at the bar. I also loved the lively neighbor hood filled with great bars and restaurants where you can experience some authentic Czech food. I loved everything about the hostel, it's charm, the people who work there, the people staying there...if I ever go back to Prague I wouldn't want to go anywhere else!

• 25th Oct 2014

There is nothing inherently wrong with this hostel. My rating is low because of the smoke in the main areas, the light that didn't work in the shower, the fact that I couldn't sit up on the bottom bunk without hitting my head on the top bunk, and the facilities didn't seem the cleanest. After moving to a cheaper hostel across town, with far more cleanliness, space, and amenities, I can't help but give Clown and Bard a low review. The staff was super nice and helpful.

• 25th Oct 2014

A good hostel to crash at. The beds weren't the best but it was good to come back to. Not a great location but not far from the tram. It was kind of gloomy, like dark in the hostel which was kind of weird. Not many lights on in the main room. Wifi was okay, in and out sometimes. I had one cold shower, but otherwise it was fine. There are no ladders or steps for the top bunks so get a bottom bunk. Breakfast for 2 euro which wasn't bad.

The dorms were fine, but the only communal area was the bar and it was smoky, dark and the air was quite sickly..