Clown and Bard Reviews

Borivojova 102, Prague 3, Zizkov, Prague, Czech Republic

If all that you want is just somewhere to pass the night and store your luggage this is a satisfactory option. We stayed in a double bed room, which turned out to be a room with two single beds placed side by side to make a double. No wardrobe and no hooks either to hang your clothes. The wifi was quite unreliable and even when we went down to the lounge the reception was not too good. The lounge reeked tobacco but I guess smokers should have their space too so I didnt think it a big deal.

Definetely don't go to this hostel. Broken beds, terrible toilets, dirty rooms and a bar/reception where everyone can smoke are some of the "facilities" of this hostel. Just don't do that to yourself.

evrything seems very old. and the air in bar is very bad..all smoking ... and the bed is a little dirty....i dont like it.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • China

The people at Clown and Bard were fantastic! The employees all seemed happy to help and even when they weren't working, they could be found hanging around because it is such a great place to spend time. I hope to return someday soon!

• 7th Apr 2014

When I arrived there The receptionist smoked in a closed environment , the place was dark and ominous . The bedroom was totally disorganized, The internet did not work , it was falling all the time , The big problem was that the internet worked just near the reception and the people (customers and staffs ) smoked too much there. Everything was closed (door and windows) My friend and I had our impaired health! I would not recommend this place to anyone, it was the worst feeling of ours trips.

15 minute from train station , clean and good place

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Turkey

The hostel is cool, even tough I spend 6 nights there and I was the only guest at the hostel, which was kind of creep. I had some good nights there and a free dinner in one of them. Good people I would return there. The only bad point is that the lockers does not have space for your own padlock they have their keys, I would prefer to put my personal padlock.

We liked a lot our stay in this hostel, it was cheerful, but sometimes at the reception the smell of cigarettes was too hard (like all bars in prague, since they dont have any laws against that) . The other problem was that there was no elevators, and could be hard to go 4 floors up with your baggage. But we liked our stay and probabily would stay there again.

I stayed in double room. All was OK, but you can do something to make rooms more clean.

We enjoyed staying at Clown and Bard very much. Excellent ratio money/quality. We would like to mention but the staff there goes above and beyond to meet their clients' needs.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Russia

Tho not very clean and donut have wifi in rooms. Only in bar. But there r 3 stuff, The guy from America and the girl from Portugal and a guy from England r awesome!!! Really helpful and passionate!

Some of the staff here were great, others were inattentive and rude. Facilities were fairly average, one shower for our entire floor. The hostel is located well out of the city centre, in a dodgy neighbourhood and the entire hostel stunk of cigarettes, and weed. You get what you pay for.

Should provide some wall hooks and hanger in each room. No where to hang our shirts and towel!

We booked a 6 bed mixed dorm but they change it to 2 bed private room! It seems good but both of us are different gender so....it depends! We don't really mind and still have a great time there. Simple breakfast and nice with around 3 Euro. The staffs are friendly and nice. The only bad thing for us are they allow smoking at the reception/bar area. But you could hide yourself in room.

Amazing staff and amazing atmosphere would recommmend it to any backpackers looking for cheap accommodations

• 2nd Nov 2013

We really only selected this place as the other recommended hostels had no availability. Ill admit it wasn't that great, however, the main bar area had a certain pub-esque characteristic to it, the drinks we cheap, and the staff were really chilled and great to chat to. The mattresses in the rooms were nothing but thin foam and everything looked like it was about to fall apart. If you came to party, I do not recommend this hostel. If you came to relax and see the city, it's an option.