Clown and Bard Reviews

Borivojova 102, Prague 3, Zizkov, Prague, Czech Republic

great location!! very friendly staff! clean place! nice bar for meeting people

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Serbia

The hostel was untidy , beds and pillows are looked worst like thrown in streets. no hot water in toilet taps. I had a very bad experience.

This hostel was SO dirty and honestly was difficult to stay in without cringing. The only reason my friends and I continued to stay here is because we are poor college students who couldn't waste money moving somewhere else. DO NOT stay here if you have any kind of cleanliness standards because I found the rooms, floors, bathrooms and sheets absolutley disgusting. The pillows (which I wouldn't use in fear of getting some sort of disease) had dried blood on them.

• 26th Mar 2015

Thank You for Your comment, we are in the process of changing some things and we appreciate Your input. New pillows are already in the rooms.

The first night was fine at the hostel. But the second night one of our "suite mates" got up in the middle of the night and was causing a disturbance. He kept turning the lights on, walking around and even was touching other people's belongings. My friend and I felt so uncomfortable that we slept the rest of the night on the chairs outside the office. There was no 24 hour reception so we had no where else to stay the night, and if something serious had happened no one was there to help.

I am sorry that this happen. The next morning we were told that the person in Your room was disturbing other guests and going over other peoples belongings, so he was checked out of the hostel. Regarding the 24hour reception, that week we were working on some renovation in our reception/bar area so we had a temporary reception that didn't work during the night. If we have known we would have given You a new room immediately. Again we are really sorry about Your experience.

The hostel is in a very good location with loads of nice cafes and bars to go to, so you can stay out until 5 without having to get a taxi back :) On the down side when we went the reception was not open on time at 7.30 in the morning, so we couldn't get our deposit back. There was also very loud drilling on our second morning due to renovation work which meant we couldn't sleep. However, after speaking to staff at the hostel they gave us another room where the sound couldnt be heard :)

• 17th Feb 2015

Was booked for 2 nights, but checked out after one.. The beds were terrible... worst I've slept in. mattresses were very thin and the rooms looked REALLY dated... Didn't use the bathroom facilities because it was honestly too dirty... I wil say tho, the bar was really cool. set out like a 1920's style and had that warm jazz feel to it. if anything i would go just for the bar. The staff were friendly all in all if your on a budget & don't mind roughing it sleep wise, its a great vibe.

• 12th Jan 2015

Nice staff, cheap beer, late open bar, rooms basic could maybe do with an upgrade but overall good value for money and a fun stay

The check in time was quite late, but in general it's accepable, easy access to the center. Recommended. :)

Pretty far from city center, staff was a bit hostile ( old man) breakfast was cheap, beds were really uncomfortable, bathrooms are REALLY small..

The staff are very helpful and always available! Gave us great suggestions for places to eat and go to and transport instructions always with a smile :) The only downside to this place was the smoky atmosphere, the entrance of the hostel is actually like an underground pub, so if we were having breakfast or we wanted to hang out in the common area (where the wifi actually worked) we'd have to get intoxicated with all the smoke. Definitely not a place for non-smokers! It was cheap though.

No hot water nor heater working. The dirtiest one I have ever seen.

Stay away from this hostel! Very dirty and bad located. Bathrooms are disgusting, the sheets that they gave me had blood all over it. Also had a bad experience with bed bugs in this hostel. The location is far from being good, big ladders to reach the hostel. The bar and atmosphere is just ok, you can find much better options in Prague paying the same or even less.

'Reception' looks like a grubby back street pub thick with smoke, pictures of the rooms must need updating because mine was nothing like them, the 2 guys in my room were smoking constantly and doing drugs IN the room, all my items stunk I didn't feel safe at all and they kept me up all night in and out of the room

Kitchen hasn't got a table or chairs so you must go to your bedroom or reception - reception which is an smoking area although it doesn't have good and natural ventilation. Quite noisy, the staff party until late in the night even working days. My advice is to get earplugs before coming! Regarding to cleanliness, I think that saying nothing tells you all. The staff was noche and kind, but better less noisy in the night.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Spain

Loved it :D great staff and atmosphere really made my time in Prague. Definitely will come back :)

• 25th Nov 2014

Can complain because we paid 4 euros a night so it got the job done... However the entrance is so creepy thought I might be taken (like the movie)...Beds and bathroom are kinda weird (terrible pillow and hospital type sheets)... They were very nice and exchange our money for us! If ur low maintenance go for it... Location not good, too far From center not much happening around it.

Smoking in the only common area available. You couldn't sit anywhere to socialize without having your close stink. Even eating breakfast without stinking of smoke all day was impossible. the place was god for how cheap it was but it needs a serious make over.

I and my friends had really very nice stay in your hostel, very friendly atmosphere and nice people. For sure we'll visit you one more time!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Romania

The bar area down stairs is great, a lot of outsiders come in for a drink so your always meeting new people. On the other hand of actually staying there, I wouldn't recommend it. Our room had so many bed bugs, we told the staff 3 times, nothing was done (we were there for a week) then finally got told, everywhere has bed bugs, hotels, hostels ect and there nothing to worry about. What a joke! I've traveled for the last 12 months and that is a first.