Clown and Bard Reviews

Borivojova 102, Prague 3, Zizkov, Prague, Czech Republic

Nice experience.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Montenegro

very nice hostel. the staff ist very polite and helpfull, when asing about directions etc. we stayed in a 6 bed dorm, which was very clean, and quiet. we shared a kitchen, bathroom and a toilet with two other rooms. the wi-fi was very good. the hostel has a garden/tarrace where you can eat and drink and meet other people, especially at night time and when sitting together in the bar and then leaving in a group to some clubs or bars or old tonw square. we loved our stay there!

• 12th Aug 2015

Good atmosphere and pretty good location, nice staff. The cleanliness could really be improved, but it's still ok. Finally, the value for money is quite fair.

This isn't a modern hostel, the showers were fine, dirty in places. The kitchen was AWFUL, can't cook there which was a real downside. The bar is good and it's a short walk to transport.

We have been in four hostels in Rome,. Prague, Budapest and Venice and Clown and Bard was the best.. The staff is is just fantastic: . I will recommend it to everybody who goes to Prague I had a wonderful time there. .Thaks again for everytihing!!

I was glad I didn't have much stuff as it was a bit of a hike up a few flights of stairs but nice view once you get there! Kitchen and bathroom by each set of rooms which was good. Easy 15 or so minute walk down into old town.

Common room are dirty. Not enough toilets and not enough cleaned. Worth 10€/night. Not recommended

• 4th Aug 2015

Thank You for Your comment. You booked a 14 bed dorm and decided on arrival that the room was too croweded and dirty. You changed for a double room with a private bathroom and in the end didnt stay in the dorm rooms at all. Our shared facilities are cleand at least twice daily, but also depend on the cleanliness of the guests and their behaviour. We would apprecite if You rated the room You actually stayed in. Best regards from the Clown and Bard staff

Excellent atmosphere with in-hostel bar that makes it easy to meet and have a great time with fellow travelers. I'll be staying here a 2nd time within a month. Staff was super friendly and helpful. In addition, special shout out to Donatella for being so patient & cheerful and her excellent & precise recommendations...

The hostel was really fun and laid back. I would recommend for travelers who are pretty low maintenance and just looking for a place to sleep and maybe hang out and meet new people. Everyone is really friendly and it has a really social atmosphere. Not the most modern/nice hostel to stay at if you're looking for something really new and clean, but it's a fun hostel to be at.

Decent place-a little far from the metro and downtown and place seemed somewhat filthy-but staff was helpful

Nice staff, nice atmosphere! i´m more than satisfied :))

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Staff was great and the bar downstairs was fun. The downsides: (1) Hostel was far from downtown and metro was bit of a hike (2) Facilities we're old. You had to hold the shower nozzle with your hand to take a shower, wifi was poor, and no outlets in the rooms.

It was an excellent location to stay in with very friendly staff. The hostel was much bigger than expected which meant there were alot of people around so the place was never too quiet. However our room was filthy and looked like it had never been cleaned properly, there was a layer of dust and dirt everywhere got on your socks as you walked. Your duvet and pillow was disgusting and had stains all over them and the bed linen given was old and uncomfortable. I would not stay again.

Has a very cool bar and a garden, enjoyed my stay.

Room was basic but good value for money - everything was clean and the bar is a great place to meet people! The location is good, close to the central station and lots of bars and restaurants around, and just a short tram ride into the centre of town :)

A little bit to durty. We can smoke inside the hostel, so it smell smoke everywhere, even during breakfast. But it's really nice, nice people, really near of the old city! Go go go!

• 23rd Jul 2015

Good hostel, great atmosphere. It's a little far away from things (maybe a 20 min walk to old town square). And it's not the cleanest place in the world, very few showers too, but besides that it's great, I'd stay there again! Drinks at the bar are cheap and there are plenty of things to do. Courtyard is nice.

Staff was good but this place was filthy. I don't think they clean the rooms very often, the showers were pretty poor. One of them was clogged on our floor. Sheets and pillows looked like it was time for a cycling. The kitchen was pretty minimal as well. Security was good, took 2 keys/doors to get in the room and they also had lockers. It did the job but I wouldn't stay here again.

Staff were very helpful, couldn't have asked for better people.

• 21st Jul 2015

The staff was friendly and helpful. I noticed they took action a few times while I was in the downstairs bar to keep people from getting too loud when it was late. In my 3 day stay I don't think anything in my room or floor was touched by any cleaners and whenever one of my bunk mates would depart a new person arrived in less than 20 min without any checking or cleaning from staff. For the money it was alright.

« first « Prev 1 2 3