Cocoa Mews Reviews

101, King Street, Penang, Malaysia

The receptionist,who wears glasses, is a decent, honest, helpful guy. He would always give you the best advice. The location is just great., extremely great.

Great Stuff. They take 20 minutes to show you the map and nice places. Clean. Nice people.

We stayed in a twin bed room for two nights, and a double bed room for the final night (we decided to stay an extra night but our room had already been booked). The twin room was small, but clean and comfortable with air conditioning, and the double bed room was larger, with a TV (and you could borrow DVDs to watch for free!) The location is excellent, walking distance from the ferry and in the middle of the historical centre, and the staff are fantastic - really helpful and informative.

Good location but smelly room and thin blanket

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Vietnam

Extremely clean and super cute cats! Some of the staff were so welcoming and the hostel felt so homey but some of the staff just seemed like they didn't want anyone there.

The staff is very helpful and this hostel is in a good location right in Little India. So everything was in walking distance in Georgetown. We could watch some free DVDs on the TV in our room. We had a very good stay here and felt safe and relaxed. The staff even helped us to pick out good restaurants in the area. We would definitely stay here again.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, one of the even took us out for dinner and drove me to the bus station when i was leaving. Location is great (walking distance to the major sights). Highly recommended.

One of the best hostels I've stayed on my travels! Great staff, super friendly and have us lots of information! Thank you Arthur and Freddie

• 11th May 2014

There was good service provided

• 7th May 2014
  • Singapore

It would be nice if one of the showers attached to the dorm was turned into a toilet. And maybe have a couch to make more of a "common" area to meet other travellers. The small tables and single stools make it less homey.

I loved my stay here and felt that the receptionists freddie and Arthur are very good people.Only problem is owner increases the price every day

I understand weekend they need to increase the rates but why weekdays too? i arrived there with 40 for 2 nights at the dorms and when i came back it was already 50 for 2 nights for the dorms.

A very friendly and helpful staff :)

I have to point out that the staff are amazing guys. First night we were watching football but sadly I didn't have beers. The guy from the reception started to say that he could not understand what was doing a spanish guy watching football and not drinking beers, so he basically gave me 1 liter of beer (which worth more than 11 RM) for free! Next morning another guy was explainimg us the city for more than 20 minutes! Worth the stay and defo i'll come back.

The location in little India is great. And the staff was very friendly and helpfull indeed. But there is no common area, like in the Hutton Lodge or many other places, which is more fun, to meet people, and it makes even more money, if they had a bar in the ground-floor, and therefore less rooms. As well a small breakfast would be good.

A very nice hostel in the centre of Georgetown. Staff is really helpful. I got sick when I was there and they really did everything they could to help me. Would definitely stay there again.

The staff was very friendly! They really helped us to find whatever we were looking for! I enjoyed the way they talked to the guests (friendly, funny, familiar).

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

The best things about this hostel are its location, and, first of all, its staff. Both the guys at the reception I got to meet, are absolutely wonderful in terms of willingness to help, give advice, talk about Georgetown and even suggest good places to eat, hire a motorcycle, etc. One of the guys even took us to the bus terminal with his car and did so on his dinner break. The rooms are small, modest but clean, and there is no public space for the travellers to gather and talk.

The staff are excellent. Very friendly and professional.

• 30th Jan 2014