Cocoa Mews Reviews

101, King Street, Penang, Malaysia

Perfect location, great Indian restaurant across the street. Staff was nice and everything was perfect for the price. The walls were a bit thin and the bed a bit too soft, but we really enjoyed our stay here!

Staff, Howie, was extremely helpful providing me with everything from where to find good food to directions. Overall, very clean. Would definitely recommend to others.

Even is annoying for me to write reviews, I'm making it because of the staff. Thank you guys for being so cool!

Great hostel

• 4th Aug 2014

I stayed in the single room, which was literally the width of the bed. Luckily it had aircon because the window didn't open. Bathroom shared, which is standard. Staff were great, even walked me to a tourist agency for ferry tickets. Facilities bare, but felt clean as a cleaning lady came each morning. It is however very noisy, no sound insulation at all. You can hear everyone's footsteps like they are stomping near your head. Location is wonderful, right next to little India and Chinese hawkers.

The receptionist,who wears glasses, is a decent, honest, helpful guy. He would always give you the best advice. The location is just great., extremely great.

Great Stuff. They take 20 minutes to show you the map and nice places. Clean. Nice people.

We stayed in a twin bed room for two nights, and a double bed room for the final night (we decided to stay an extra night but our room had already been booked). The twin room was small, but clean and comfortable with air conditioning, and the double bed room was larger, with a TV (and you could borrow DVDs to watch for free!) The location is excellent, walking distance from the ferry and in the middle of the historical centre, and the staff are fantastic - really helpful and informative.

Good location but smelly room and thin blanket

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Vietnam

Extremely clean and super cute cats! Some of the staff were so welcoming and the hostel felt so homey but some of the staff just seemed like they didn't want anyone there.

The staff is very helpful and this hostel is in a good location right in Little India. So everything was in walking distance in Georgetown. We could watch some free DVDs on the TV in our room. We had a very good stay here and felt safe and relaxed. The staff even helped us to pick out good restaurants in the area. We would definitely stay here again.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, one of the even took us out for dinner and drove me to the bus station when i was leaving. Location is great (walking distance to the major sights). Highly recommended.

One of the best hostels I've stayed on my travels! Great staff, super friendly and have us lots of information! Thank you Arthur and Freddie

• 11th May 2014

There was good service provided

• 7th May 2014
  • Singapore

It would be nice if one of the showers attached to the dorm was turned into a toilet. And maybe have a couch to make more of a "common" area to meet other travellers. The small tables and single stools make it less homey.

I loved my stay here and felt that the receptionists freddie and Arthur are very good people.Only problem is owner increases the price every day

I understand weekend they need to increase the rates but why weekdays too? i arrived there with 40 for 2 nights at the dorms and when i came back it was already 50 for 2 nights for the dorms.

A very friendly and helpful staff :)

I have to point out that the staff are amazing guys. First night we were watching football but sadly I didn't have beers. The guy from the reception started to say that he could not understand what was doing a spanish guy watching football and not drinking beers, so he basically gave me 1 liter of beer (which worth more than 11 RM) for free! Next morning another guy was explainimg us the city for more than 20 minutes! Worth the stay and defo i'll come back.